Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 15:13   Link #101
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
even the danzou fight could have gone either way since danzou was distracted by the masked man. Otherwise he would of just taken control of sasuke with shisui's eye
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that while the other fights he listed could have had different results depending on circumstances, there was an absolutely 0% chance of Sasuke losing to either Deidara or Itachi. Deidara because Sasuke completely outdid him in battle tactics and Itachi because Sasuke winning was part of his master plan.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 21:40   Link #102
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that while the other fights he listed could have had different results depending on circumstances, there was an absolutely 0% chance of Sasuke losing to either Deidara or Itachi. Deidara because Sasuke completely outdid him in battle tactics and Itachi because Sasuke winning was part of his master plan.
i don't think there was a zero percent chance of sasuke losing. he barely survived. infact he probably would've died had it not been for the no-chakra-manda-sumon ass pull (but this is a controversial topic here so best we forget it).
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 06:35   Link #103
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
i don't think there was a zero percent chance of sasuke losing. he barely survived. infact he probably would've died had it not been for the no-chakra-manda-sumon ass pull (but this is a controversial topic here so best we forget it).
Sasuke had already won the battle by the point Deidara decided the only way he could try to kill him him was by offing himself. It was established that Sasuke had seen through Deidara's jutsu from near the very beginning and that he had a backup plan he didn't even need to resort to using. Whether by skill level or powers of perception, Deidara never had any chance of beating Sasuke. It was part of Deidara's whole angst trip about the Uchihas' arrogant eyes before blowing himself up. I dislike Sasuke's asspulls as much as the next guy, but the main message of that fight was that Sasuke's battle tactics were in a whole different class than Deidara's, establishing him as "Akatsuki level."

Last edited by Discerptor; 2011-08-30 at 09:32.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 09:39   Link #104
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Sasuke had already won the battle by the point Deidara decided the only way he could try to kill him him was by offing himself. It was established that Sasuke had seen through Deidara's jutsu from near the very beginning and that he had a backup plan he didn't even need to resort to using. Whether by skill level or powers of perception, Deidara never had any chance of beating Sasuke. It was part of Deidara's whole angst trip about the Uchihas' arrogant eyes before blowing himself up. I dislike Sasuke's asspulls as much as the next guy, but the main message of that fight was that Sasuke's battle tactics were in a whole different class than Deidara's, establishing him as "Akatsuki level."
You can never say there's 0% chance of someone winning at that level.
Unless of course you are the author.

Don't state your opinions as if they are pure facts.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 10:14   Link #105
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
T'was a bit hard to find raws, but I've managed to do that. Madara said: "Kisama... sore o doko de te ni ireta!?" which translates as "you bastard... where did you found that (him/her)!?". Don't know why they translated kisama as "madman"...
Because it's a legitimate translation. Japanese and English share no common basis; there is no single literal translation. It comes down to interpretation and context. The fansub community in general has the bad habit of always translating the same words the same way wherever possible, which generally makes for ugly and stilted translations.

For our purposes, the only thing that matters is that there is no connotation that Kabuto was literally insane, but that seems possible from the context. There is also no connotation of Madara insulting Kabuto as you'd have in your translation, though. He's not cussing him out.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 04:11   Link #106
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Because it's a legitimate translation. Japanese and English share no common basis; there is no single literal translation. It comes down to interpretation and context. The fansub community in general has the bad habit of always translating the same words the same way wherever possible, which generally makes for ugly and stilted translations.

For our purposes, the only thing that matters is that there is no connotation that Kabuto was literally insane, but that seems possible from the context. There is also no connotation of Madara insulting Kabuto as you'd have in your translation, though. He's not cussing him out.
i'm not too sure about that, kisama is such a rude term after all. it's the equivalent of the pronoun "you" only it's used when you want to insult someone or you're angry at someone. based on madara's sentence, i'd say kabuto got on his nerves somehow and he was angered by the latter's actions.
Old 2011-08-31, 07:59   Link #107
james0246

The Chapter 553 Discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion