AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 12:27   Link #2161
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It's official. James' going back to the Cavaliers. Miami is up for a hard landing with Bosh now surely going to Houston. From 4-time Eastern Conference champions to the lottery, has to be the hardest fall by a team since Chicago 1999.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I expected Melo to stay in New York, but wow, Lebron. Bosh is now going to Houston for sure.

Vegas just switched the championship odds for Miami and Cleveland lol.
I'm not so sure yet. There's a high chance, but maybe Houston tries to grab Parsons back from the Mavs? The Rockets are going to have to give Bosh less of a deal to sign him. Imagine if Kevin Love went to Cleveland too. Cleveland so far has Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins, and LeBron James. That's a nice young starting group for the Cavaliers. Miami's going to be terrible if Bosh bolts. Wade's play is already declining. At least Miami has a lot of cap space to try and find some good quality players.
Old 2014-07-11, 12:51   Link #2162
Xagzan

I'm trying to decide if trading Wiggins for Love is a good or terrible decision...

But yeah, some seismic shifts today.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 14:40   Link #2163
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Lets see what Miami does, LeBron and Bosh leaving freed up a ton of cash.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 16:36   Link #2164
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm trying to decide if trading Wiggins for Love is a good or terrible decision...

But yeah, some seismic shifts today.
If the Cavs trade for Love, they're in it to win it all immediately. I'd keep Wiggins, but trade away disgruntled Dion Waiters.

Also, Jeremy Lin has been traded to the Lakers. Once Bosh signs, the Rockets should have enough cap space to match the Mavs offer for Chandler Parsons. The Rockets will have their own Big 3 in Harden, Howard, and Bosh.
Old 2014-07-11, 17:21   Link #2165
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

WTF Bosh is returning to Miami for $118m/5yrs. I thought him going to Houston was a done deal after he made a verbal agreement to join us if LeBron left Miami.

So... we've now lost our 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players (Parsons, Asik, and Lin in no particular order) to get nothing in return.

Edit:
Honestly, the one player I feel sorry for is Dwight. He entrusted the best years of his career to us after we pitched to him the prospect of playing with Harden, Parsons, Asik, and Lin. We couldn't get out of the first round in spite of the monstrous games he had, and now we've missed out on getting a better coach like Lionel Hollins, AND we've lost three important players in our rotation without receiving any assets aside from cap space.

There's no other good free agents for us to go after. LeBron is in Cleveland, Melo in New York, Bosh in Miami, and we have no good assets to offer the TWolves for Love. Pau won't want to join us and he didn't have synergy with Dwight back in LA anyway.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by frivolity; 2014-07-11 at 17:34.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 17:35   Link #2166
Kakurin
大佐

Bosh never had a verbal agreement with the Rockets. This is just hilarious. Morey has gone all-in for a third star. He just traded away Lin plus a pick for nothing. And now the Rockets are in serious peril of having two stars and no one else.
Old 2014-07-11, 17:50   Link #2167
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I would find it funny too if I were a fan of any other team. Morey's risky trade strategies got us Harden and Howard without having to resort to tanking, and credit should go to him for that.

Hindsight is 20/20, but maintaining the same risky strategy in going for a 3rd star is probably unwise...

Howard probably wouldn't have signed with us if he had known this would happen. The only attractions we have now are McHale (questionable whether he's even a plus point) and training with Dream.

Old 2014-07-11, 17:54   Link #2168
Kakurin
大佐

Difference is, before Morey got Harden and Howard he assembled assets. Yeah, he gambled a lot, but this summer he was giving away assets for free for what as of now amounts to absolutely nothing. And now the Parsons situation is a real headscratcher for the Rockets. If Bosh had committed, match him, okay. Now what? If they still want to keep him the Rockets have to get a quality free agent (Gasol's probably the only one major one who would fit for the Rockets' needs) until Sunday. If Morey doesn't manage that he has little choice than letting Parsons go. At which point he would have given up a starting calibre SF who would have made less than a million for, well again, nothing.
Old 2014-07-11, 18:06   Link #2169
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Yea, all that he had to do was stay pat for one more year and allow Asik and Lin's contracts to expire on their own. Then we would have retained our pick while being partial contenders for next season. There was also a chance of re-signing Lin to a more decent contract depending on how well he played, although we most likely wouldn't be able to keep Asik since quality big men are paid a premium. As for Parsons, we'd have him for less than 1m next season and then decide whether or not to renew him depending on his play, as well as whether we landed a 3rd star.

But now, we have nothing except cap room, which we would have had after next year anyway. We have no role players, few assets, and a bottom-3 head coach who doesn't hold his players accountable. If either Harden or Howard get injured (touch wood!), we might not even be on the level of the Knicks last year.

We have nothing to spend our cap room on until 2016, when Durant becomes a free agent. Howard has a player option after the 2015-2016 season, and a Harden-Durant-Howard trio would have been an exciting prospect. It's unlikely, but there's a chance that we could have flipped Parsons to free up room for Durant. With the way things have gone, forget getting Durant, we might even end up losing Howard!

Last edited by frivolity; 2014-07-11 at 18:25.
Old 2014-07-11, 18:46   Link #2170
VTHokiePride

I'm surprised Bosh didn't leave after LeBron chose to go back to Cleveland. I guess the next thing for Miami to do is sign Wade and get a few more role players. I guess McRoberts will be starting at SF now.

The Rockets are doomed I think. They would only trade away Jeremy Lin if they were assured of getting Chris Bosh. They need to match the offer sheet for Parsons because they really need more quality players now that rotational guys like Lin and Asik are gone.
Old 2014-07-11, 18:50   Link #2171
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
If the Cavs trade for Love, they're in it to win it all immediately. I'd keep Wiggins, but trade away disgruntled Dion Waiters.

Also, Jeremy Lin has been traded to the Lakers. Once Bosh signs, the Rockets should have enough cap space to match the Mavs offer for Chandler Parsons. The Rockets will have their own Big 3 in Harden, Howard, and Bosh.
From what I hear though, the trade doesn't happen without Wiggins. Which makes sense for Minnesota, but I'm not sure it's a good idea for Cleveland. Past 2 years, all I've heard about was how huge this Wiggins kid was gonna be in the NBA...you're Cleveland, you luck (and I do mean luck) into getting him, PLUS getting Lebron back...do you really want to give that up?
Old 2014-07-11, 22:53   Link #2172
Kmos

So how's it looking for the East so far?

LBJames back in Cavs with a young crew with good potential, but center is lacking once again. Not sure of coaching staff though. Miami 2.0 or Cleveland 1.2...

I loved the removal of the entire Knicks coaching staff.
The Chandler trade seems good. I hope Calderon contributes well and we get a good center in return.
If the Knicks can find a way to get rid of Bargnani and JR Smith, cause of plays, it would be awesome. Stoudemire is the one they're trying to move cause of $$$.
There're still plenty of decent pickups from free agency if they can move folks. Hope they keep Shumpert and Hardaway Jr.
Melo can stay or go I don't care, I can't see him changing his play much. I don't see Melo being a deciding factor in any of the remaining teams wanting him.
I don't mind if we have a year or two of rebuilding. What's another two years with the forty already? Just build a team to make it to conference and NBA Finals.

I like how in the free agent tracker in nba site it lists: World Peace waiting, coaching kids

They're the only two Eastern conference teams I'd mention. One cause of James, the other cause NY. The other teams in the East didn't look to improve by much through free agency so far. It will likely be the bad Pacers and Cavs in the top for the east and the rest will be a giant tossup.

Edit in: Oh I wonder if Lin will get some nice tutelage under Nash like Knicks wanted that year they were pursuing Nash.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 07:21   Link #2173
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well i guess nothing is the same anymore in the nba world.

lebron going back home to cavs with new roster they got with irving hold the fort & oh varejao still there waiting 4yrs for lebron to come home.

bosh stay in miami with wade still where to go?

& rockets they blew-up some role players & they got nothing in return?

overall cause if keep yea nba's east central is battle zone & yes it's offical no more 5-straight finals heat showing.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 14:15   Link #2174
VTHokiePride

Wade may go to the Bulls. I think the Bulls need to have a SG that can hit the 3's. They weren't that great on the perimeter last year and should improve on it. Gasol is closing on a deal with the Bulls while the Knicks are in the process of negotiating a contract with Melo. I have no idea why the Rockets are pushing hard for Ariza.
Old 2014-07-12, 15:30   Link #2175
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Not sure in what world that Bosh is worth $118 million...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 16:48   Link #2176
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Not sure in what world that Bosh is worth $118 million...
I wouldn't have given him a contract like that either, but if I had to choose between Wade and Bosh, I'd pick Bosh.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Vince Carter left Mavs for the Memphis on a 3 year $12.2 million deal.

Edit: Miami have added Luol Deng to replace LeBron. The Wizards also picked up Paul Pierce. Melo officially now back with the Knicks.

Last edited by VTHokiePride; 2014-07-13 at 15:24.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 15:40   Link #2177
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Metta World Peace has decided to change his name to 'The Panda's Friend'
Quote:
"Guys my chinese name is not "Panda Friend" , its "The Pandas Friend". -World Peace-
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...183851346.html
comments: lol...what a cute name for Ron.
Old 2014-08-07, 16:21   Link #2178
Xagzan

The Artest formerly known as Ron?
Old 2014-08-07, 18:18   Link #2179
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ now it's The Panda's Friend formerly known as World Peace (even though he elbow Harden in the head....where's the peace, man?)

------------------------------

in other news, Kevin Durant is out of team USA because he is physically and mentally fatigue.
and poor Paul George broken his right leg. if you guys seen the video, it looks pretty nasty and
i don't wanna see it again.

Quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to send All-Star forward Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Cleveland is making the deal with Minnesota with a firm agreement Love will opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with the Cavaliers on a five-year, $120 million-plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The deal cannot be finalized until Aug. 23, because Wiggins, the No. 1 overall pick, cannot be traded until one month following the signing of his rookie contract. The two teams have agreed to the deal, but neither would have recourse if the other decided to pull out of the arrangement before it can be formally completed this month. No third team is involved in the Cavaliers-Timberwolves trade agreement.
Source: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...s=iref:nbahpts
and Kevin Love looks like he's going to be joining the Cavs soon. but dang, 24 mil per year.
looks like they want to keep Love for a long time with Lebrony & Irving. Cavs are looking
pretty good. they recently added Mike Miller & James Jones and Marion is looking into joining
with them as well. Waiting on Ray Allen to make his decision to play or retire.
Old 2014-08-07, 23:56   Link #2180
BPD Renegade

^ Damn, Cavs just got Lebron back, and now they've picked up Love too. With the other guys, they may actually be a contender next season.

As for Ron Artest, excuse me, The Panda's Friend, he's just messing with everyone now isn't he? Or is this part of some sort of PC protest no one's aware of?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote