AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-04, 04:07   Link #2181
kalbron

@amoschid: Please don't say that, its bad enough that the mangaka would do something this stupid... but to break them up again? Don't even want to go there...
Old 2007-04-04, 05:17   Link #2182
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
@amoschid: Please don't say that, its bad enough that the mangaka would do something this stupid... but to break them up again? Don't even want to go there...
If it ever happens, I'll say "I knew it and said it !" heh. Hope I won't have to though...
Old 2007-04-04, 09:25   Link #2183
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Unhappy

The way they keep going I wouldnt complain...Theres cute fighting and then theres just out and out compatibility issues which these two seem to fall into.

Starting to seriously miss having another strong female presence in the show...Bring back honoka or miki or heck even yui...something...Because when these two are left alone together in the series they just dont make a nice couple.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-04-04, 13:46   Link #2184
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Once more, he blundered at the execution of what is fundamentally sound: He wants to take sexual issues to the next level. Fine... but expressing this interest is a fair thing to do.
I agree, Yamato expressing a sexual interest in the girl he was dating is a completely normal and rational thing to do (otherwise you may as well "just" be friends).
Even the way he went about it was well within the perimeters of decent behavior; Unless you're one of the few who consider it only appropriate after submitting paperwork in triplicate for a request to touch "party B's" chest.
It's neither stupid nor retarded to want greater intimacy with the person you've chosen as a mate.
And Yamato is not in the wrong to debate these matters after his attempt with Suzuka.

Now of course Suzuka has the right to rebuff such an attempt if she wishes (and I don't think anyones debating this point).
However, you really have to wonder if Suzuka has any female friends to discuss such matters with?
I get the feeling that most girls would look at her rather strangely if she told them "the guy I've been dating had the nerve to touch my chest".
I wonder if Suzuka really does have any other friends aside from Miki (who doesn't seem all that close sometimes), from whom she can get relationship advice?

Now I've said all that, but Suzuka's whig out still delights me.
I've been enjoying this story from the trainwreck viewpoint; average boy tries to date insane girl.
Suzuka's isolationism and cold demeanor are what make the story exceptional to me and I'm delighted to see her back in her full tsun mode.

(Dere Suzuka was just too unusual).
Old 2007-04-04, 14:26   Link #2185
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh... I think they're both selfish and seem only interested in their own wants and desires. They don't seem to want to even discuss what the other wants out of the relationship.

But since they're both that way, I guess it sort of evens out?
Old 2007-04-04, 21:32   Link #2186
all-bout-nishino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Totally agree with you all-bout-nishino. (off topic: Like Nishino from Ichigo 100% like me? She sorta looks similar to Suzuka, doesn't she?)
yeah, i noticed they looked similar too but their personalities are wayy different..nishino is more understanding. yeup, i'm all about nishino from ichigo 100%! i think she is by far the cutest anime girl out there.
Old 2007-04-04, 22:18   Link #2187
Arkhan

Just to point out something positive: at least now they know what they are arguing about.
He tells her he wants sex. She says she's ok without it, and he replies that it's not ok for him. For me that's quite an improvement from their previous arguments, when Yamato never knew why she was mad at him. At least they tell each other what they want, the next step is being able to reach agreements xD.
Old 2007-04-05, 01:06   Link #2188
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

^agreed.

only way is for both of them to have a nice long chat. that is, if that happens.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:42   Link #2189
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Talking

*reads c145*

BHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!Silly Yamato!

He was like..

Y: Hey asahina, what's wrong with touching your racks?!
A: I'm fine without it you perv!
Y: Well I'm not!!I want to have sex dammit!!I'm horny!WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THAT?!?!sheesh!

haha~!
Old 2007-04-05, 11:51   Link #2190
all-bout-nishino!

^^haha, that just made me laugh

yeah, at least they do know what they're arguing about. actually, yamato is still at a lose as to why she doesn't want it
Old 2007-04-05, 14:10   Link #2191
Blackstream

I think it's just too fast. They're barely kissing, and only just now have really started to go out. Maybe I've got some funny ideals, but I'd think that at their current stage in the relationship, they aren't nearly comfortable enough with each other to do something like that.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:33   Link #2192
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
^^ yeah i agree.I think it has something to do with the Japanese culture though. Japanese culture is more conservative than American culture where sex is everywhere. Yasunobu is implementing that culture to theirs.
Old 2007-04-05, 22:03   Link #2193
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 145 surprised me, but I can see interesting stuff coming.
Spoiler for 145:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.
Old 2007-04-05, 22:46   Link #2194
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I don't think I can agree with it being only a "Japanese culture" thing. I may have been born in Philippines, but I've spent most of my life in the US since age six so I can say I'm pretty much emersed in the American culture, but I still agree with the fact that jumping into sex for them would just be too sudden. They have to take it slow. It doesn't really matter where you are and what culture you're brought up from. Okay, maybe it matters just a little. (How your parents brought you up and all that.) But, in the end, it's really up to you how to look at situations. Of course, Yamato and Suzuka are not at all carbon copies of each other when it comes to personalities and views. With that said, that means both parties can't just say, "I want" and "Gimme" all the time. There has to be a compromise. That's how relationships work, after all. Dating or good friends; if neither can come to an understanding, then it's doomed for failure. In this case, taking things slow (but not too slow) will definately help things out.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:56   Link #2195
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I think Yamato has the basic right idea, he knows what he wants and is going after it. If he doesn't try it will never progress. Was his approach poorly executed? yeah sure, but so what, it isn't like he is some experienced Don Juan. his major sex experience is probably the coppies of bejean under his bed and his av-girls. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is good to see a main character with enough backbone to at least try for something. instead of either feeling like he is a monster for even thinking it (see i's) or too nervous to bring the subjet up (ichigo 100%) or too dumb to remember a condom (love hina) the point is I think Yamato is doing pretty good for a teenage guy if he was an American I would put him a little on the slow side.
Old 2007-04-06, 04:44   Link #2196
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You know, after so much time in a relationship between adults, you'd EXPECT them to have sex at some point. I think the whole deal is squarely Suzuka's fault. I mean, how many times did she kiss him, 2? How's that normal?
Old 2007-04-06, 08:56   Link #2197
Spirou
Addicted to Anime

For me the problem is not that he wants to sex, but how he reacts.
It was disappointing to see him yelling at Miho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I've been enjoying this story from the trainwreck viewpoint; average boy tries to date insane girl.
Yes i've liked this serie for the same reason, after reading chapter 136 i expected a good evolution of their relationship.
And now i'm disappointed by the "deja-vu".

When Yamato and Suzuka're arguing its always:
Y: why i don't undertsand!?
Y: blablabla
S: I don't want to speak anymore.
Y: but..
S: Shut up!!!
Then Suzuka runs away or Yamato is kicked out...

Does Seo make no evolution to make the serie as long as he can...? I don't know...
I hope Chapter 146 gonna be cool.
Old 2007-04-07, 08:47   Link #2198
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I do kind of agree that Seo may be relatively inexperienced himself in these things.
That's what i was just thinking lol. Yeah i agree too.
Old 2007-04-07, 09:01   Link #2199
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
I don't think I can agree with it being only a "Japanese culture" thing. I may have been born in Philippines, but I've spent most of my life in the US since age six so I can say I'm pretty much emersed in the American culture, but I still agree with the fact that jumping into sex for them would just be too sudden. They have to take it slow. It doesn't really matter where you are and what culture you're brought up from. Okay, maybe it matters just a little. (How your parents brought you up and all that.) But, in the end, it's really up to you how to look at situations. Of course, Yamato and Suzuka are not at all carbon copies of each other when it comes to personalities and views. With that said, that means both parties can't just say, "I want" and "Gimme" all the time. There has to be a compromise. That's how relationships work, after all. Dating or good friends; if neither can come to an understanding, then it's doomed for failure. In this case, taking things slow (but not too slow) will definately help things out.
Oh but there are various kind of sex... there is "improper sex" too! (Copyright by Bill Clinton!)
Old 2007-04-07, 14:05   Link #2200
Blackstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
I do

My dream ending to this story is that through the course of this relationship, Yamato grows up, stops being an idiot, somehow him and Suzuka break up, then he and Honoka hook up, now that Yamato is worthy of her.

Unfortunately, this being 'Suzuka' and not 'Honoka', that ain't happening.

On a random side note, I'm surprised at the differeing opinions on the last few chapters... I thought for sure everyone would think Yamato was a moron for pushing this issue, but I guess not. I'd say mangaka has done his job in that case.
Closed Thread