AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-05, 15:45   Link #41
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
For A's, was a OST released?
No, only the 6 mini-OSTs that were bundled with the anime DVDs.
Old 2007-05-05, 18:37   Link #42
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
For A's, was a OST released?
I can give you a lead to where you can find the OST of A's (and original + soundstage + singles etc.) ^^
Old 2007-05-06, 10:25   Link #43
Lelouch
Phaeton

necessary for me to watch the first 2 series in order to understand what is going on ?

Last edited by Lelouch; 2007-05-06 at 10:26. Reason: improving
Old 2007-05-06, 10:32   Link #44
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
necessary for me to watch the first 2 series in order to understand what is going on ?
It will help, especially if you have watched Nanoha A's. and to under stand Nanoha's relationship with Fate its best to watch season one too.

But it is possible to follow StrikerS, but you will miss stuff....

I would suggest you reading the manga too when it come down to it
Old 2007-05-06, 11:16   Link #45
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
It will help, especially if you have watched Nanoha A's. and to under stand Nanoha's relationship with Fate its best to watch season one too.

But it is possible to follow StrikerS, but you will miss stuff....

I would suggest you reading the manga too when it come down to it
Don't mislead people! *punch**kicks*

You won't just understand that, you'll see that its a figment of imagination that the producers place into you, for the manga, S1 and A's will tell you otherwise. Bascally, you gotta get them all to know it all.
Old 2007-05-07, 13:47   Link #46
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Dude, chill. That's a totally accurate statement about season one's focus. Nanoha is the main character, and all her little stage-setting monologues are about Fate.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:19   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It really does help to watch the first two seasons (be aware season 1 eps 1-4 can be a bit plodding). Otherwise, its like dropping into season seven of Star Trek and not understanding any of the remarks or meaningful glances between characters who have gone through a lot together. Not quite as bad as starting to read LOTR after the battle at Helmsdeep/Orthanc but why do that sort of thing to yourself?
Old 2007-05-07, 18:33   Link #48
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

If you want to save time, you can watch season one in 2x speed and read all the subtitles (I watched it in 8x speed...), then you'll understand the plot well enough to enjoy A's.
In my opinion, I still think the fights in A's are more exciting since both sides are actually on even footing. (well maybe not for the last fight but it's less than one episode, and Brave Phoenix made it really worthwhile)
Old 2007-05-08, 13:00   Link #49
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
If you want to save time, you can watch season one in 2x speed and read all the subtitles (I watched it in 8x speed...), then you'll understand the plot well enough to enjoy A's.
In my opinion, I still think the fights in A's are more exciting since both sides are actually on even footing. (well maybe not for the last fight but it's less than one episode, and Brave Phoenix made it really worthwhile)
I do not agree with the first part of this answer. The first season had an entirely different focus compared to A's. It would be considered "slow" for action anime lovers, but that's because the focus of the series is not action but character interaction and character development (specially for Fate). With that in mind, it is a very good series, very touching and with lots of heart-warming moments. As Vexx says, the first three introductory episodes may be plodding, but after that it only gets better. Overall, it is a good series that is worth your time, specially because of its sequel, A's.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:28   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... I really don't *like* magical girl shows, so I almost dropped season one a few episodes in. What kept me around long enough was:
1) the musical background; surprisingly orchestral
2) the special effects

Then Fate showed up and the show sailed in a direction I'd not seen taken before in other shows of this nature. Season Two started off with a serious bang - and it remains one of the few anime where I seriously was able to believe these people were trying to really hurt each other on a personal level. Most so-called action shows just fail at that sort of portrayal.

So far season 3 has been "boot camp comraderie" and getting to know the new characters - so I can't characterize the series yet or decide if it is going to maintain the energy. So far I haven't been disappointed though I've also not gotten seriously excited either.
Old 2007-05-12, 08:31   Link #51
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Should be because I prefer action than magic--I often compare myself with Konata in Lucky Star.
Old 2007-05-13, 21:46   Link #52
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Something that's been bugging me... What are these "sound stages" exactly?
The phrase has too many meanings for me to know what they are. =/
Old 2007-05-13, 21:51   Link #53
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Err… they're music CDs for Nanoha that contains what's basically an original episode in sound form. They each have songs in it as well.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:24   Link #54
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It is similar/the same as Drama Cd's of games/anime if you are faimiliar with that term
Old 2007-05-13, 23:31   Link #55
Erio
Hiromi

I keep reading about some "Nanoha novels." What are those, when did they come out, how can I get them? Google doesnt have any information about them.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:39   Link #56
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I keep reading about some "Nanoha novels." What are those, when did they come out, how can I get them? Google doesnt have any information about them.
I'm not 100%, but I've been hearing that there was a novel that was released right before the first TV series. It was basically a telling of the first TV series, but it split off from the storyline at one point, so it's probably not canon.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:07   Link #57
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I'm not 100%, but I've been hearing that there was a novel that was released right before the first TV series. It was basically a telling of the first TV series, but it split off from the storyline at one point, so it's probably not canon.
Amazon is your friend, it's basically a novelized version of 1st season, with revealing many background settings.
It's written by Masaki Tsuduki too, so you can consider it canon... I suppose.
(I don't have one myself, maybe I should buy it as well)
Old 2007-05-15, 09:31   Link #58
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Question.. I dont want to watch 1st 2 series.. would it be weird if i only watch the current 1 for adult Fate?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-15, 09:34   Link #59
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Question.. I dont want to watch 1st 2 series.. would it be weird if i only watch the current 1 for adult Fate?
am just gonna quote klashikari on this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You can actually watch StrikerS without the original, and A's series, but it would cut short your possibility to understand the background without the prequels. (the plot itself isn't dependant of the 2 previous series, but you will not be able to fully understand the character cast, and the themes, such like "technologic" Magic, as Mild-childa and so forth)

to put it bluntly, it would be like watching DBZ without the original serie : the plot won't give any problem, but the setup and characters might be too shady.

i would suggest you to watch the prequels first : they aren't too long (13 episodes each), and they are quite enjoyable. (also, they might give you an idea of StrikerS. if you don't like the prequels, you will most likely not like StrikerS, except if your only problem with original and A's is the "loli" parts)
If you want to watch it just to see adult fate might not be a problem though but storyline wise might be pretty confusing later on.Since they are starting to link 1st season with this one.
Plus if you want to follow the discussion in episode thread, you might not catch get some jokes/reference.
Old 2007-05-15, 09:39   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thank you, I'm watching Ikkitousen for the story .. I doubt I'll have problems here .. Dont worry, I got plenty of time to bug the hell out of DK if I need to understand something then
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Closed Thread