AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-17, 10:39   Link #32481
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Yeah but

Spoiler for spoilery talk!:
Spoiler for Trying to break up the wall:

Spoiler for For something completely different:

Last edited by Rasen; 2020-04-17 at 11:22.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 14:13   Link #32482
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Spoiler for stuff:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 14:49   Link #32483
Rasen

Quote:
Spoiler for stuff:
Yeah, I don't remember the Vicci stuff either, but Xfire's post some days back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
For added measure

Spoiler for big sad:

So yeah, this chapter is officially the biggest of the Big Sad's. Also we are totally fucked
Old 2020-04-17, 15:37   Link #32484
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So is Euryale worth Grail Ascension? I've seen tons of videos where she does 1Million damage +, which is the reason why I kept levelling her up to now, as almost every enemy seems to have a male attribute.
There are just 16 Grails though... so it might keep me from levelling a 5 Star to 100 later on, should she start needing 1 for 2 levels at some point. (I have 5 Grails atm, and my only 4 Stars are, TamamoCat, d'eon and Suzuka Gozen)

Another question would be how buying Saint Quartzt outside the US works... Does it bill it against my google account, despite that I use quooApp or is it impossible for me to buy any? I'd really like to try my luck at the upcoming apocrypha pin ups...
Yeah, it works fine.

As for the Grails, I'd say don't worry about it too much. I still haven't grailed anyone so I have 25 of them. It's not critical. If you feel like it, just do it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 16:09   Link #32485
Thess

Quote:
Yeah, I don't remember the Vicci stuff either, but Xfire's post some days back:
I'm pretty sure that half of that stuff is wrong.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2020-04-17, 16:15   Link #32486
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, it works fine.

As for the Grails, I'd say don't worry about it too much. I still haven't grailed anyone so I have 25 of them. It's not critical. If you feel like it, just do it.
Oh so there are more than 16 now after all.
And yeah I ended up giving her enough to reach lv 80... And suddenly she 2 Shoots the Lancer bosses in E Plurubus.
Still. #SaveBronzeHorn.

As for the Saint Quartz, are you using a VPN/US Google acc for it or did aniplex finally change that?
Not sure what they'd do if the transaction ends up not getting through paypal, when they already gave me the SQ... (Though in the end, it just bills a prepaid card)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 16:31   Link #32487
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are you serious?

The whole of pan humanity was gone when he and the others awoke. The bleaching was done by the Alien God before anyone could have prevented it. The reason why Krystalia is gathering data on the Trees into that file is precisely because he obviously doesn't know what they are for. Nobody knows how to bring back Pan Humanity.

So being in that situation your solution is to just openly rebel against the Alien and have his contract kill him and his friends off for nothing? Instead of you know, trying to equip the remaining humanity (yes, the Lost Belts are humanity despite what people here are implying. They are not Pan humanity but they are still legit humans ) to set things right?

Sorry but I think that beats dying like a dog any day.
Except they were already out of their cryopods before Da Vinci opened them which was well before the bleaching of the earth. Anastasia and the oprichniki, which are created by LB Ivan's power, even attacked Chaldea. All of this well before the bleaching of the earth and descent of the fantasy trees.

Quote:
I know. When he made his intentions clear, he was attacked with the contract severing and his life put at stake. I think Wodime's major flaw is that he's too trusting. Beryl first, and IMO, not yet confirmed, but with Pepe chat in the beginning, he's too naive to look up Marisbury's good will.
Wodime's life experiences have led him to never condemn anyone as useless. He didn't get back stabbed by Beryl because he was too trusting. He was simply in a bad spot after fighting us.

Quote:
Well!

Spoiler for spoilers:
Wodime's plan was in ever intended to fix humanity's moral faults like Apocrypha's Shirou. It was designed to allow each and every individual to realize their potential in spite of those faults.

Quote:
Spoiler for Trying to break up the wall:

a) Moriarty's interlude entails him telling us his suspicion about Holmes such as his ability to travel between singularities. It ends with him telling us to trust him should push ever come to shove, but joking it might never happen.
b) He meant creeped out. Specifically, Zeus says Holmes should not look at the gods.
d+e) Which should mean nothing against a dragon-slaying hero possessed by a pyromaniac world-ending god.
f) Zeus zaps and curses him to speak his thoughts and lower his level to 70.

She didn't. That's a false spoiler.
Old 2020-04-17, 17:04   Link #32488
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Oh so there are more than 16 now after all.
And yeah I ended up giving her enough to reach lv 80... And suddenly she 2 Shoots the Lancer bosses in E Plurubus.
Still. #SaveBronzeHorn.

As for the Saint Quartz, are you using a VPN/US Google acc for it or did aniplex finally change that?
Not sure what they'd do if the transaction ends up not getting through paypal, when they already gave me the SQ... (Though in the end, it just bills a prepaid card)
I didn't do anything special aside from using Qooapp.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 19:27   Link #32489
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Wodime's plan was in ever intended to fix humanity's moral faults like Apocrypha's Shirou. It was designed to allow each and every individual to realize their potential in spite of those faults.
Wasn't Amakusa's plan basically the same as Gendo Ikari's? Soupify everyone into a collective consciousness?

Quote:
a) Moriarty's interlude entails him telling us his suspicion about Holmes such as his ability to travel between singularities. It ends with him telling us to trust him should push ever come to shove, but joking it might never happen.
b) He meant creeped out. Specifically, Zeus says Holmes should not look at the gods.
d+e) Which should mean nothing against a dragon-slaying hero possessed by a pyromaniac world-ending god.
f) Zeus zaps and curses him to speak his thoughts and lower his level to 70.

She didn't. That's a false spoiler.

a) Moriarty tells MC to trust Moriarty or trust Holmes?
d+e) I'm not saying that Holmes can go toe-to-toe. But is his survival significantly odd? Like was there a man-eating curse on the wound or a shattered Saint Graph?
f) Was that the original purpose of the curse? Or was that something after Holmes....resisted(?) it?
Old 2020-04-17, 19:36   Link #32490
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

LB goes very slow this time. I do not have much spare time and they upped difficulty significantly.

Also, I was disappointed not getting Twins.

My luck on NA was better as I got Circe, Okki and another Helena fron 3 tickets and 10x.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 20:10   Link #32491
bakato

Quote:
Wasn't Amakusa's plan basically the same as Gendo Ikari's? Soupify everyone into a collective consciousness?

a) Moriarty tells MC to trust Moriarty or trust Holmes?
d+e) I'm not saying that Holmes can go toe-to-toe. But is his survival significantly odd? Like was there a man-eating curse on the wound or a shattered Saint Graph?
f) Was that the original purpose of the curse? Or was that something after Holmes....resisted(?) it?
Apocrypha was never fully translated, but I heard his plan was to pretty much lobotomize humanity and make them incapable of evil.

a) Moriarty.
d+e) Considering the odds? Yes. It's odd he was able to last even a second in hindsight.
f) Original, I assume.
Old 2020-04-17, 20:38   Link #32492
Rasen

Quote:
Apocrypha was never fully translated, but I heard his plan was to pretty much lobotomize humanity and make them incapable of evil.
Wasn't there a whole anime, or did that go down an anime-only route?

Quote:
a) Moriarty.
d+e) Considering the odds? Yes. It's odd he was able to last even a second in hindsight.
f) Original, I assume.
Again, this is probably a stupid question coming from a person who blasted through the cutscenes and heavily dependent on summaries, but: What odds?

I imagine that in Sigurd-form, Surtr wasn't nearly at full-power. (And Ophelia kept telling him to go easy) And of course, by the end of the LB, we had to fight Surtr full-on, and we live through that.

Servants have to fight against overwhelming opponents all the time. The very nature of the Class system guarantees that. And Hercules doesn't always win.

So was there anything particularly special about Surtr's attack that makes it strange that Holmes lived?
Old 2020-04-17, 21:00   Link #32493
bakato

Quote:
Wasn't there a whole anime, or did that go down an anime-only route?

Again, this is probably a stupid question coming from a person who blasted through the cutscenes and heavily dependent on summaries, but: What odds?

I imagine that in Sigurd-form, Surtr wasn't nearly at full-power. (And Ophelia kept telling him to go easy) And of course, by the end of the LB, we had to fight Surtr full-on, and we live through that.

Servants have to fight against overwhelming opponents all the time. The very nature of the Class system guarantees that. And Hercules doesn't always win.

So was there anything particularly special about Surtr's attack that makes it strange that Holmes lived?
Yeah, but the anime wasn't clear on his whole plan. At least, I can't remember much.

The ones I just said. Holmes was way out of his league.

But Sigurd himself got a boost. Holmes remarked that even with his creds as a dragon-slaying hero, tearing apart the Shadow Border's age-of-gods reinforced armor was a bit much.

Usually, there's some sort of synergistic conceptual explanation. There's none of that in this case.

No, just as I stated, this is a dragon-slaying hero from the age of the gods and Holmes is just some modern guy who knows baritsu.
Old 2020-04-17, 21:33   Link #32494
Rasen

Quote:
No, just as I stated, this is a dragon-slaying hero from the age of the gods and Holmes is just some modern guy who knows baritsu.
Hercules is a Lion-slaying, half-God, from the Age of the Gods summoned into Berserker-class, with 12 Labors-worth of resurrection+resistance. Gilgamesh is also a demi-god from the Age of the Gods, with the prototype of almost every NP. Cu Chulann is a demi-god with a spear that reverses causality.

They don't always win.

Sometimes, they even lose to a modern-day mage, not even a Ruler-class Servant.

Last edited by Rasen; 2020-04-17 at 21:44.
Old 2020-04-17, 22:45   Link #32495
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Hercules is a Lion-slaying, half-God, from the Age of the Gods summoned into Berserker-class, with 12 Labors-worth of resurrection+resistance. Gilgamesh is also a demi-god from the Age of the Gods, with the prototype of almost every NP. Cu Chulann is a demi-god with a spear that reverses causality.

They don't always win.

Sometimes, they even lose to a modern-day mage, not even a Ruler-class Servant.
And Holmes is not even a mage. He is just a detective with some baritsu, that's it.
Surtr on the other hand is a texture busting level monstrosity.
Base on his state sheets and skills. He doesn't have anything that can let him survive Surtr's attack like that. Servants don't win or lose just because. It depends on the match up and whether they have the right NP or skill.
Surtr actually has the tools to wipe Chaldea if wasn't for Ophelia's Sirius Light.

Also, Amakusa's plan is making the entirety of the humanity into true immortals.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 23:37   Link #32496
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Spoiler for yeaaaaaaaah:
I personally think he is an agent created by an insane Alaya rather than a Beast though. I mean....why is he a Ruler rather than a Caster? Rulers are usually moderators of sorts. Also he is absolutely fanatical when it comes to Pan-human timeline. Screams a corrupted Alaya more than Beast
Old 2020-04-17, 23:45   Link #32497
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Except they were already out of their cryopods before Da Vinci opened them which was well before the bleaching of the earth. Anastasia and the oprichniki, which are created by LB Ivan's power, even attacked Chaldea. All of this well before the bleaching of the earth and descent of the fantasy trees.
Just read Olympus....seriously. The bleaching happened before the Trees descended. Only Chaldea and scattered pockets of people underground survived the bleaching. It's confirmed here. Go see the documents Krys and Ophelia gathered. They didn't know about the bleaching or the Trees. None of them knew exactly what was going to happen so how can they be accomplices to wiping out pan-humanity when they don't even know when that happened and when the Alien can do it with ease and as a requirement for its aims?

In LB1 you only see the Trees descend. You never saw the exact moment the texture of the world got wiped. Even Kadoc says that to all Crypters barring Krystalia, the Alien is an unknown entity that just shackled them to its service as the price for reviving them (『異星の神』か。アンタもしらなかったんだな、オフェリア。僕もだよ...いいや、誰も知りはしない。僕 たちクリプターは『異星の神』の姿を知らない。僕たちを棺から蘇生させ、代償として異聞帯を育てさせた『何 か』としか). And we see subsequently that Krys doesn't even know that much either. Hell the Crypters including Krys even mistakenly assumed that the Trees were what bleached the earth. They absolutely did not even know that the Earth was already bleached and that pan-humanity was gone

Also, Kadoc makes it clear that the Alien God absolutely doesn't require the Crypters to wipe the Earth's texture. It could do it on its own with ease. What it needed the Crypters and Lost Belts for is some as yet unrevealed purpose relating to its obtaining a physical body.

Quote:
Except they were already out of their cryopods before Da Vinci opened them which was well before the bleaching of the earth.
That's an assumption at this point. And one that is highly uncertain.

And BTW, how would there even be Opritchniki if the world was unbleached and Pan-humanity still around? You also never see Kadoc at the start. The ones leading that attack were Kirei and Vicchi acting on Ivan's orders. Fact is, everything points to Pan-humanity being already gone when the pods were opened. If anything.....and I chalk this down to it being the prologue and thus editing department hasn't really got full wraps on it, it's the incosistency between Ivan being able to attack Chaldea and the Trees being still on descent. But you can handwave that as "the Trees were already active, just not installed yet" or something I guess. That or something else is up no one yet knows

And finally, plenty of stuff involving Krystalia involves reading between lines which you may not be willing to accept, but do you seriously think he wouldn't have preserved Pan Humanity if he could? He included Chaldea of all people in his plans. He pretty much implies that ascended humanity would, despite all the kinks in evolution, reach a high enough level where their problems would be solved. And we know Krys is no friend of the Alien God. Does not this sound like his counterattack against the Alien?

And no, he did not make his contract with the Alien for this goal of ascending humanity at the expense of Pan-humanity. Because to do so, he would have to know about the Trees to a pretty large extent beforehand. He wouldn't have needed to carry out his investigation and data gathering like was shown in LB5. If you say he did that (betraying pan-humanity while knowing absolutely nothing about the Alien) with full knowledge he would be sacrificing Pan-humanity in the bargain, it does not compute because 1) It would be the biggest gamble ever, trusting that the Alien has some way he can take advantage of at the expense of wiping the world out and 2) Krys does not even hate Pan-Humans nor consider them expendable. Narratative-wise, the point of Krys background chapter is to establish he ISN'T a nihilist. Even if you say he considers them necessary sacrifices this is the entire human race we are talking about. And on the other hand we have a completely unknown, totally untrustworthy, alien entity

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-04-18 at 04:41.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 02:00   Link #32498
Thess

Quote:
Yeah Remove Evil+Third magic.

Spoiler for wodime:

Last edited by Thess; 2020-04-18 at 02:23.
Old 2020-04-18, 03:38   Link #32499
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Finished Olympus yesterday. I wouldn't say it's overall better than Atlantis but it's not worse than it. Olympus excels at some points than Atlantis and Atlantis has better moments than Olympus.
Spoiler:
Not gonna roll for Roma. Gonna save for the future. Hope next event is Ooku rerun so I can roll for Kama. We get a rerun first before the collab.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 04:35   Link #32500
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Musashi's bits at the end were totally Nasu though....And she is his character. Her whole fate and subsequent whatever in store is 100% his doing

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon