Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 08:10   Link #4021
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
How different is Rebirth from the original? I played the original Neptunia several years ago and was NOT impressed.
I daresay a major improvement over the original. Re;Birth 1 is essentially a remake of the original PS3 game with some plot and feature changes (such as new music) that help to address some of the issues with the original, but most importantly, the use of Neptunia Victory's battle and dungeon navigation systems (which themselves were improved from mk2). In a nutshell, it's still turn-based, but it's a tad more strategic. Neptunia mk2's Wikipedia article provides an apt summary of what to expect of Re;Birth 1's gameplay, aside from the removal of AP, going into HDD (a one-off 20% SP cost), and EX Finishes (which rely on the EXE Drive Guage that fills up as you attack monsters within a dungeon).
A localisation is expected to be released by the end of the year.
Images
Example from Re;Birth 2
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Aside from playing Neptunia Re;Birth 2 (currently starting chapter 5), I've been playing through Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS), which came out here yesterday. Still early days, but I'm liking it so far, and it makes me want to play the Layton games.
Old 2014-03-30, 08:35   Link #4022
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Bioshock Infinite is a very, very different type of game in terms of the way the story progresses. Just started it and I am liking it a lot.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 00:24   Link #4023
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
I get where your coming same was for me, actually there are four routes, but to unlock the forth you
need to unlock the other two besides Aisha, then on the forth playthrough score similarly affection points to all three protagonists.
thanks, i'll try to get the harem's ending later on as well. Hope they
decide to release Shin Koihime over here soon since this game is actually selling well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

currently playing:

pc - DearDrops
comments: I'm still on Riho's path. and my band is about to make their debut. it's so nice that
Riho finally confess to Sho. I really like her character a lot. her character is strong and very dependable.
her path seems very long so far; I'm about 20+ hrs. and I don't think I'm even half way done yet.
still a lot of story left and Kanade's path is probably going to be very long as well.

pc: Cho Dengeki Stryker
comments: just starting out and the game seems very interesting and fun. the main character, Yamato,
kind of reminds me Sagara from Full Metal Panic. funny guy and all he knows is his mission and oblivious to
his surrounding and romance...lol. this game also looks like it going to be another long hurl as well.
I'm interested in doing Clie's path, but I guess she's the last heroine to show up. meanwhile, i'll
do the Heaven Saga for Sayaka's path first.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ps3: Blazblue CP
comments: just 100% the story the other day. weee....for cliff hanger. guess i'll have to wait for
them to make another Blazblue again. i'll try the other modes later, have been playing only story mode so far.

Last edited by Xefi; 2014-04-01 at 01:09.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:40   Link #4024
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

G-Senjou no Maou
Now that I'm a few hours into the VN, I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. Granted, there's still plenty of time for me to be disappointed, but so far it's hitting the spot. A home run, in fact.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 06:53   Link #4025
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Finished Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) just yesterday- took about 4 days and completed with a finish time of just over 24 hours. The story managed to pull me right in, making it difficult for me to put the game down until the wee hours of the morning.
I had the most fun seeing the interactions between the main cast, though I couldn't help but feel that Phoenix's voice actor didn't convey as much emotion compared to the main Ace Attorney games.
The music is some of the finest I've ever listened to, and was probably one of the main selling points for me. I look forward to the extra episodes over the coming months.
Old 2014-04-04, 05:46   Link #4026
calorie

The Room (Android)

Finished the epilogue last night, had to use a couple of hints but it was fun nonetheless. I'm kinda irked that they left the story unexplained but maybe The Room 2 will improve on that. Looking forward to buying and playing that one.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 05:15   Link #4027
T-6000

Are any of you familiar with a game called "The Ball"? Of course I'd understand if none of you did since it's a bit of an obscure game (especially since it's an indie PC only title from a very small team, Teotl Studios, who only make up just 3 members). It's a FPP (First person Puzzle) game, kinda like the Portal series, except instead of puzzles revolving around using Puzzles the puzzles revolve around Physics. In other words, you use a giant metal ball of solve puzzles, work around obstacles, and slay enemies. There are a series of enemies that you'll have to use the giant ball to kill. You have a handheld device that actually controls the ball, the primary fire for Pushing the ball forward, and the secondary fire "sucks" the ball back towards you.

Having bought the game back at 2010 for $17 (I got it at 10% off since I pre-ordered it), the last time I played it was back at spring of 2011 (when The Ball, along with other Indie Games at the time, received a bonus campaign used to help Promote Portal 2) and I decided to play through it again since a few months ago it actually received a second free DLC. Surprised me since I figured Teotl studios had forgotten about this game and moved on. The game is currently $10 on Steam and I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys puzzle games. And if you are still unsure there is a demo available through Steam. The only real flaw is that at the last act of the original campaign, it relies too much on combat and can become more of a frustrating chore.

It's a shame they aren't working on a sequel. They are working on a game that takes place in the same universe (somehow) as The Ball, but it's an adventure survival that uses Unreal Engine 4.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:17   Link #4028
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Currently playing:

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F2 (PS3)
So far I've just gone through the game to unlock the songs. Played through normal mode and some of the songs on hard. Some of the songs are quite challenging on Hard...Extreme is just...orz. Just like the last Project DIVA I was tempted to throw my controller and pull my hair out.

They even powered up the bonus game for the end credits with power-ups for Hatchune Miku. There are power-ups like Speed Up, Rapid Fire Negi, etc. Makes it quite fun.

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
Trying to unlock all the images and stuff for now.

Bravely Default: For the Sequel (3DS)
Cleared the game once going straight from Ch. 6 to the final chapter but now I started over and am on Ch. 8 trying to complete the Sub-quests.
Old 2014-04-07, 13:05   Link #4029
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Currently playing:

pc - Otoboku: Maidens Are Falling for Me
comments: the first thing that this game got me was it's graphic. the models look really good and
nice looking. the music are just fitting. i like the way they do the text as well; pretty easy to read
unlike Soul Link, where it has pretty bland and small texts. i'm going ahead and did Takako's path
first since i like her tsundereness character and blond hair. and then go on with Shion's path (she's pretty).
i think i seen this anime before, but the game's story is more details and looking to be another long game
with lots of texts. there seems to be nice decent choices to pick, but thanks goodness for there is a
guide on gamefaqs so that i don't get lost along the way.

pc - Soul Link
comments: this game's story is actually pulling me in for the long run. i'm loving it so far. the
main reason i bought this game cause of Yu is in it and she doesn't disappoint. she's quite a strong
character and doesn't talk much. i really like her t-shirt that looks like a battlesuit; she's pretty sexy.
i'm planning to do Yu's path only since i'm not all that interested in the other heroines.

so far, i'm on chapter 1 still and i have been playing this game for about 12+ hrs. it seems that on chap.2,
the game switch to the Ryota (Shu's younger coward brother). i was hoping Shu would be the one to go with Yu,
but it seems Ryota is the one that has Yu as his path. ah...oh well, i like Shu more than Ryota. he's more realiable
and tough. despite that i really like Yu, she is very too quiet at time and suspicious. every time Shu gives her
a weapon or bring her along, Shu gets kill from behind. -_-;

well, i'm so looking forward to more of this game and it's story. i want to see how they're going to deal with
those terrorists attacking their space ship. everyone is fighting to survive. most of the civilians already left
for safety back to Earth and our main casts are stuck behind. i'm also using the guide for this game as well
since there are WAY too many choices like Kara no Shojo where choosing the wrong choices will get you killed.
that and i'm using the guide so that i can get 100% of this game. i'm not really a completionist, but when it
comes to VN games, i want to 100% them for their CGs and scenes...a must.

pc - We Love Master
comments: just starting out, so i have nothing on this yet. but seeing the preview OP of this
game, it's looking like a fun eroge comedy game.

vita - Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
comments: just beaten the original story line and i'm on my way to doing the ACE part of the
game. i also bought the ps3 version since i was going to give the vita version to my little
bro., but i'm waiting for them to fix the cross-save problem at the moment. i can transferred
the data no problem, but i can't play on the ps3 due to the DLC issue.

the game being fun so far and i'm playing as Sword Warrior for now. i'll probably switch back
to assassin class once i get her a good weapon.
Old 2014-04-07, 21:15   Link #4030
takai
Easy Muffin

Animal Crossing - This game is so pleasant and peaceful. Although it feels a little repetitive at times, unless there's a special event going on or something. Once I'm able to upload QR codes into the game, I'll be able to do a lot of other stuff.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Not a bad game. It just seems to be a little controversial. I like the music and the art style. I don't mind hack n' slash's either. I like the characters for the most part too. Also not sure why the dub is getting so much hate. It sounds completely fine. Anyone else playing this game?
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:54   Link #4031
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post

The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Not a bad game. It just seems to be a little controversial. I like the music and the art style. I don't mind hack n' slash's either. I like the characters for the most part too. Also not sure why the dub is getting so much hate. It sounds completely fine. Anyone else playing this game?
That makes two of us playing this. I haven't gotten very far, but so far it's been interesting for me. Mostly because I'm partial to rpgs. Non-Japanese dubs generally get a lot of criticism, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. Some people have a preference and it's more about that than whether it's good or not. Then there are also others who have a preference but like both. To each his own.

I wonder how much of the story your choices have an affect on though. I think I'll play it safe and be nice to my somewhat sadistic swamp witch master. hahaha

Pre-ordered and got the nendoroid + soundtrack, which was a nice little bonus.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:14   Link #4032
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
That makes two of us playing this. I haven't gotten very far, but so far it's been interesting for me. Mostly because I'm partial to rpgs. Non-Japanese dubs generally get a lot of criticism, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. Some people have a preference and it's more about that than whether it's good or not. Then there are also others who have a preference but like both. To each his own.

I wonder how much of the story your choices have an affect on though. I think I'll play it safe and be nice to my somewhat sadistic swamp witch master. hahaha

Pre-ordered and got the nendoroid + soundtrack, which was a nice little bonus.
Very true. I won't deny the idea that some dubs are bad, however this one just doesn't really sound bad like people make it out to be. Different strokes I guess.

But I did hear about that special edition. It sounded very nice. It also sounded similar to Blazblue's special edition as well, with soundtrack, art book, and mini-nendoroid; which is what I got. I do like the mini-nendo of Lia, it's very cute.

I think my only issue with the game currently is how different the gameplay is. It'll take some time to get used to, as well as the dark humor. I try to shift my mentality whenever I pop this one in, because some things can come off as off putting if you're not in right state of mind for it. Which is where I think the controversy comes in.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:54   Link #4033
T-6000

Earlier today I came across my PC version of Condemned (On DVD), and so I decided to reinstall it and give it a play. About a couple levels in, I uninstalled it. The game has a good story and atmosphere (even by today's standards) but the combat is just too easy. Condemned relies mostly on melee combat (there are guns in the game, but they all have only 1 mag and they are usually not full) and it's not only very easy but simplistic as well. Even on hard setting, it was all about timing (and saving before a fight) I think part of the reason is because there are just too many medkits scattered around, and the stungun makes fights too easy.

I don't know, I think I've become pretty fickle with my games since last year. Many games I use to enjoy just feel.....boring and bland. Even some of the old school games I use to enjoy. Maybe it's just my tastes are changing (which has never happened before). Or it could be that after nearly 19 years of PC Gaming (I first took up PC Gaming when my parents got a PC back at fall of 1995) almost on a daily basis I may be approaching that time I start getting burnt out of PC Gaming. I guess it's why I've been taking up other hobbies (such as typing out stories) more frequently and been on my Gaming rig less often.
Old 2014-04-08, 19:02   Link #4034
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Decided that it's been long enough that I shouldn't instantly remember how to do every puzzle, so I started replaying Portal 2 yesterday. Taking it slowly so I enjoy the dialog now.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2014-04-09 at 19:48.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 23:17   Link #4035
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Decided that it's been long enough that I should instantly remember how to do every puzzle, so I started replaying Portal 2 yesterday. Taking it slowly so I enjoy the dialog now.
After you're done with the original campaign, you really should give the Workshop maps a try. Many of them are creative, imaginative, and alot of fun. Hell, there are literally thousands of single player maps alone.
Old 2014-04-09, 11:38   Link #4036
Dirk_Beefhammer

Steins;Gate: PC
This is the main game I've been playing as of late. It's really great so far! Just about to finish chapter 3. I kind of wish you could see all the choices for the texts before you commit and send them. Because of that it makes it a tad bit difficult to see how your choices affect the story in general sometimes, but guides always can fix that problem. But overall great game with a great story. If anyone here has seen the anime and loved it, and you're a fan of visual novels I can recommend it.

A Drug that Makes You Dream: PC
I already finished Aeka's route (some really intense scenes there) and just about to finish Mizuki's route. But not really playing this too often because there is waaaaaaay too many h-scenes (not that they're bad); well at least for my tastes. Can't wait to play Nekoko's route!

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil: PC
Playing this off and on. I just cannot get past Patchouli () without dying and having to use my continues (on normal). I really want to go against the scarlet sisters.

Journey Collectors Edition: PS3
Just casually playing Flower and Flow right now. Still need to play the bonus games and all of that, watch the commentaries, etc...
Journey was amazingly beautiful though. I loved it!!

Last edited by Dirk_Beefhammer; 2014-04-09 at 11:38. Reason: minor
Dirk_Beefhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 19:48   Link #4037
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
After you're done with the original campaign, you really should give the Workshop maps a try. Many of them are creative, imaginative, and alot of fun. Hell, there are literally thousands of single player maps alone.
I did that a year or so ago for a few weeks. Definitely were some really tough ones out there!

I might do that again once I finish the game if I am still some time away from picking up a PS4 (planning to get one in early May along with ACIV as the only game until Watchdogs comes out).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 12:22   Link #4038
T-6000

A little over a year ago, my brother bought Farcry 2 through Good old Games since they were having a special on it. I decided to log into his account, download it, and give it a try on my Gaming Rig. The game was so buggy I couldn't finish playing it past the beginning of the game! And besides that, the gameplay and feel the the weapons felt a little generic. So I uninstalled it.

I'm currently going through the original Icewind Dale.
Old 2014-04-10, 21:23   Link #4039
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Age of Demons(PS Vita) - That game reminds me of Monster Hunter and Gods Eater
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 15:29   Link #4040
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

Vita - Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
comments: just running through the towers of ACE and progressing very slowly in the
ACE story's line. those tower's floors can take awhile to complete each session.

ps4 - Dynasty Warriors 8 CE
comments: gotten Lu Bu's story mode finish. now I'm just moving on to the Wei and then Wu and Shu and Jin.
still waiting on Tecmo Koei to fix the depth of field fogginess. these fogs not really all
that great. and the massive drop in FPS when you're near a burning/poison fields...not helping either. -_-

games I have to start over...
Spoiler: