AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-17, 08:58   Link #1841
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Poor Kyouko. Why aren't anyone interested in her. She should go after the Tatsuya bowl.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 09:17   Link #1842
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
No, Gu Jie does not know and is currently not interested in Mahesvara, so his identity will not be an issue during Master Clan Conference Arc.

At the end of vol.18, Minami, Miyuki, and Izumi are being attacked. After Humanist thugs realizes, Minami casted the shield magic, two of them took out antinite and used on Miyuki, Izumi, and Minami. The volume ended when Humanists' fists were about to land on Minami.

Spoiler for Vol.18 Spoilers Correction:

Spoiler for Vol.18 New Character and additional information on existing Characters:
But which side gave him the soldiers? Or did he take them himself?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 10:03   Link #1843
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Poor Kyouko. Why aren't anyone interested in her. She should go after the Tatsuya bowl.
Toshikazu is in love with her, he just couldn't realize it himself (his surbodinate Inagaki does though). I think the author will make him and Kyouko a couple, watching his emotions run wild when he meet Kyouko in the cafe shop is funny
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 10:45   Link #1844
zerozeronine

Quote:
No, Gu Jie does not know and is currently not interested in Mahesvara, so his identity will not be an issue during Master Clan Conference Arc.

At the end of vol.18, Minami, Miyuki, and Izumi are being attacked. After Humanist thugs realizes, Minami casted the shield magic, two of them took out antinite and used on Miyuki, Izumi, and Minami. The volume ended when Humanists' fists were about to land on Minami.

Spoiler for Vol.18 New Character and additional information on existing Characters:
Thanks.So is the spoiler that Miyuki just easily use magic and defeated the thugs even with antinite was wrong/fake?
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 10:47   Link #1845
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Thanks.So is the spoiler that Miyuki just easily use magic and defeated the thugs even with antinite was wrong/fake?
Not sure if she beat the thugs but
Even if the spoiler was wrong or fake, I think she can still use magic under antinite. She showed it before
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 11:08   Link #1846
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Not sure if she beat the thugs but
Even if the spoiler was wrong or fake, I think she can still use magic under antinite. She showed it before
I don't remember she used magic against antinite until the fake spoilers this volume,wasn't it just Tatsuya?
Old 2015-11-17, 11:35   Link #1847
black_cat1

If Miyuki use Cocytus then the Antinite is useless
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 11:47   Link #1848
IceHism

Quote:
I don't remember she used magic against antinite until the fake spoilers this volume,wasn't it just Tatsuya?
Nah, she did it in yuutousei
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 11:52   Link #1849
Chris38

Well ... it has been mentioned a few times in the earlier volumes that Miyuki's appearance doesn't reflect her actual physical capabilities ... which makes sense considering that she was also underwent some training with Yakumo so I think it's possible that we might finally see what kind of physical techniques Miyuki has at her disposal.

Minami probably also isn't defenseless, since as a Guardian of the Yotsuba family, I think that she has underwent some physical training as well...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 12:43   Link #1850
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Nah, she did it in yuutousei
Not been reading any manga for a few months now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well ... it has been mentioned a few times in the earlier volumes that Miyuki's appearance doesn't reflect her actual physical capabilities ... which makes sense considering that she was also underwent some training with Yakumo so I think it's possible that we might finally see what kind of physical techniques Miyuki has at her disposal.

Minami probably also isn't defenseless, since as a Guardian of the Yotsuba family, I think that she has underwent some physical training as well...
I remember debates that Miyuki hadn't done any physical training and that ojou-sama Mayumi can keep up with her until volume 15 was translated
Old 2015-11-17, 12:43   Link #1851
Ultragunner

wait, I have always had the impression that Toshizaku was some sort of "no good" older brother who liked to spoil and tease Erika thus always ended up getting scoledy by her , no idea he was a harsh brother taht made his sister hate him
Old 2015-11-17, 13:05   Link #1852
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait, I have always had the impression that Toshizaku was some sort of "no good" older brother who liked to spoil and tease Erika thus always ended up getting scoledy by her , no idea he was a harsh brother taht made his sister hate him
Yeah, now I don't blame her for disliking him lol. Before I felt her feelings were irrationalt, but now i'm glad that I was wrong.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 13:18   Link #1853
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
I believe Miyuki used Cocytus on someone was using antinite in vol 8.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 13:21   Link #1854
FLS_Carnage

Quote:

I like that Tatsuya and Ayako are getting closer. I'm TatsuyaxMiyuki but I think it'd be interesting if Satou developed her into a serious threat to Miyuki. I feel like Ayako also being a Yotsuba gives her an advantage that the other girls don't have.
Old 2015-11-17, 13:48   Link #1855
Chris38

^ It all depends on how Tatsuya's 'mental condition' is going to continue being developed.

After all ... if no major changes occur in that area, I don't see how someone can become a serious threat to Miyuki
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 13:57   Link #1856
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
@TrueAlchemist thanks for fixing some misunderstanding
The Chiba appear to be a screwed up family too, which I kinda expected every since it was said that Nao was the only one "nice" to Erika.
It may be just me, but we may be able to read why Chiba Toshikazu was so tough on Erika in the future volume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
But which side gave him the soldiers? Or did he take them himself?
Gu Jie had a supporter inside of Jama Base. A supporter (A director of the facility) was being manipulated by the Gu Jie's magic. After getting enhanced soldiers, Gu Jie turned them into "Regenerator".
Quote:
As far as I know, it is a false spoiler. According to the translator, he was also unhappy because the vol.18 just ended at the climax where Minami was about to get hit by Humanists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Toshikazu is in love with her, he just couldn't realize it himself (his surbodinate Inagaki does though). I think the author will make him and Kyouko a couple, watching his emotions run wild when he meet Kyouko in the cafe shop is funny
I agree, but it will be absolutely up to the author because Chiba Toshikazu is currently on the hand of Gu jie. Based on Gu Jie's habit of turning magicians as "Regenerator", it is highly possible that Gu Jie may turn Toshikazu into a regenerator. After Gu Jie ran away from Tatsuya and his group, Gu Jie is heading to a student(Oumi Kazukiyo) of his old friend in order to use him. While he is moving, Gu Jie is looking for better material than enhanced soldiers that he stole from Japanese military. And, now, Gu Jie has three materials (magicians): Inagaki, Toshikazu, and Oumi Kazukiyo. Gu Jie is trying to use them to buy time before he runs away from Japan.

Who knows? "Unexpected enemy" may be Toshikazu. Tatsuya already heard USNA STARS has dispatched Canopus from Lina. So, Canopus is being expected by Tatsuya, and Tatsuya already faced USNA soldiers at Jama base.

And, if Toshikazu survives, Toshikazu x Kyouko may happen. Right now, Toshikazu and Inagaki are in deep sh*t because Kyouko and 101 battalion used them as a bait to test a magician(Oumi Kazukiyo) who may have been supporting magicians from Dahan. After they made a mistake of concluding Kazukiyo as non-related to Dahan magicians, Kazukiyo's magic was starting to influence on Inagaki. So, nobody can even assumes that Toshikazu and Inagaki are in deep trouble.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 14:02   Link #1857
amtro
Distro

But Gu Jie can't just turn a magician into a generator without the right equipment. Generators are magical cyborgs, he doesn't have the facilities to be making them.
Old 2015-11-17, 14:07   Link #1858
Diocar

it is interesting that the vol ended with ppl related to tats being attacked and in a way it is usna fault for helping gu jie run away. there are lots of potential for seeing na angry tats....

btw i am pretty positive that the concentration of antinite won t be enough for stoping miyuki's magic and that minami must have some serious phisical training so i don t see anything special happening there... (besides tats getting angry becau miyuki was attacked)
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 14:47   Link #1859
pampz21
ShipCore

@True

Thx for the clarification; can't wait for next vol. Just wish that Erika doesn't get herself killed before the her SS(and Leo) or is it the Kuroba Twin SS?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 14:48   Link #1860
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^ It all depends on how Tatsuya's 'mental condition' is going to continue being developed.

After all ... if no major changes occur in that area, I don't see how someone can become a serious threat to Miyuki
Maybe not a real threat, but a perceived threat. Miyuki is worried that she will make a mistake and Tatsuya will call off the engagement. Ayako is a Yotsuba, her Perfect Diffusion is described as being similar to Tatsuya's Decomposition, and she has had a good relationship with Tatsuya for longer that Miyuki has. I could definitely see Miyuki getting paranoid about Tatsuya's relationship with Ayako.

Tags
political intrigue