AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-10-03, 07:08   Link #57821
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well that's good. I think energy shields can ward off radiation and Kojima Particle poisoning, which was my biggest concern.
Can I make a Metal Gear Solid 5 joke...?

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 07:38   Link #57822
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nobody's stopping you

But if your name is any measure, then you should know about how NEXTs function and why they operate under the protocols that they do.
Old 2015-10-03, 18:36   Link #57823
S-34
Mechwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
No, I meant straight up "I punch your face" IS.
Think of it like an IS version of Star Platinum:
Um.... I've thought of it before, but the design I had in mind had huge hands as weapons. Though these hands were also like finger cannons.

Oh, and I remember Armored Core 4 and FA. One mission had you deactivate your shields because Kojima Spreads fast. You were also near an inhabited area, and Kojima in high doses can erode metal proven by ACVD.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 18:39   Link #57824
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Aw snap!, You've done Gouf'ed it up now!

Seriously though, that'd be weird because you'd be running barrel where the pilot's arm should be. Unless they're beam finger cannons or abusing the hell out of the equalizer system.

Yep. And thus the realization that the IS were up against an enemy that could kill them all by just BEING THERE.
Old 2015-10-03, 18:40   Link #57825
S-34
Mechwarrior

What have I done? I love Kojima weaponry, it's like radiation on steroids and crack.

EDIT: The hands were connected at the end of where the hands should be. It works like a double barrel shotgun in the finger area, meaning to take a shot all you have to do is point like a finger gun thing. Kindergarten was fun...
EDIT 2.0: 00-Aretha vs everyone. Aretha wins by teleport dashing. Or assault armor.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 20:39   Link #57826
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking more of a White Glint- Nine Ball fusion as the prototype that Ichika and the girls are up against...

That hand gun is still weird

The only finger guns I ever approved of was Cyborg 004. And he had a rocket launcher in his knee.
Old 2015-10-03, 23:30   Link #57827
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Aw snap!, You've done Gouf'ed it up now!

Seriously though, that'd be weird because you'd be running barrel where the pilot's arm should be. Unless they're beam finger cannons or abusing the hell out of the equalizer system.
Or just do it SRX style and have them firing balls of energy.Hi-Finger Launcher FTW!

Old 2015-10-04, 01:06   Link #57828
SRW-Otaku

Also, who else is banned from their computer and phone by their conservative parents because they got a 0 in math other than me?
...no one?really?

Old 2015-10-04, 02:57   Link #57829
The 48th Ronin

Sorry, dude. My family's a liberal one.

But they still lecture me about failing grades.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 04:29   Link #57830
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I got banned from writing fanfics for several years because I was writing them a month before the exam.

So no. Didn't stop me from writing them though, just less openly.
Old 2015-10-04, 04:31   Link #57831
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I would ban you purely to slow you down. your content is highly maddening and can cause outright insanity in high doses.
Old 2015-10-04, 04:34   Link #57832
SRW-Otaku

My father thinks that "MATH IS THE MOST USEFUL SHIT IN THE WORLD CUZ YOU SOLVE LIFE PROBLEMS WITH IT" even though his carrier as a car dealer rely more on sweet talking, perception of other people's mindset through words (aka literature, something that I excels in, including all other art-related stuffs) rather than calculating what's the sin cos tan of fuck-is-that is(aka MATH!!).

Seriously, math is next to useless unless you're majoring in a job that require's it. And I'm 16 and I'm expected to learn how to calculate missile trajectory already!

Maybe that's how IS student use ISes with missile and shits so effectively...
But then again no access to the internet or anything more advanced than a blender is a crime

Old 2015-10-04, 04:48   Link #57833
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...that is the most stereotypical thing I've heard in forever. Honestly, which cheesy TV show did you audition for?

Kidding aside. Chill. Math is a useful skill, as important as reading and writing. If you can't math then you can't handle your cash.

If you hate sines, cosines and trajectories. Maybe science fiction isn't the genre for you. Unless you love Bay-formers. That's a special kind of sci-fi right there.
Old 2015-10-04, 05:10   Link #57834
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
...that is the most stereotypical thing I've heard in forever. Honestly, which cheesy TV show did you audition for?

Kidding aside. Chill. Math is a useful skill, as important as reading and writing. If you can't math then you can't handle your cash.

If you hate sines, cosines and trajectories. Maybe science fiction isn't the genre for you. Unless you love Bay-formers. That's a special kind of sci-fi right there.
It's a little something I call "Vietnam: we ripped of everything and all of our "live-action comedies" are basically Toradora divided by stupid".
No seriously, in Vietnam, we are basically forced to learn what would be the Western version of a eleventh-grade education when we was in fifth-grade. And the trigonometric functions was taught to me last year. Now we are suppose to learn the harder shits. joy.
I'm pretty chill with regular math, but the impractical "this doesn't help me to count money or write programs at all!" kind of math kinda fucked with me.
Except quantum physics. Now THAT'S something I find interesting.
Also, fuck Bay. I'm more of a Del Torro guy.

Old 2015-10-04, 05:17   Link #57835
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure what 11th grade is but I think I can relate since we did introductory calculus at 17 and general trigonometry. Personal info aside. Such skills areost useful in making more believable real robot scenarios since it gives you an idea of what things would look like using real science to simulate the fiction.

That is pfcourse wholly up to you. But considering your preference of robots is purely hot-blooded scream more then win, I would understand the inner Bay-former fan you have.
Old 2015-10-04, 05:23   Link #57836
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Not sure what 11th grade is but I think I can relate since we did introductory calculus at 17 and general trigonometry. Personal info aside. Such skills areost useful in making more believable real robot scenarios since it gives you an idea of what things would look like using real science to simulate the fiction.

That is pfcourse wholly up to you. But considering your preference of robots is purely hot-blooded scream more then win, I would understand the inner Bay-former fan you have.
it's basically the second year of senior high, if the translation matches. And you're one lucky bastard you know that?
My preferences are of the Nanoha and Rayearth kind. Also, I want people to SEE my mechs and also have them NOT be in CGI like the Aquarion or Anime!Linebarrel or the Bay-formers, so i'm totally against the Bay.
...he effed up Pearl Harbor...

Old 2015-10-04, 05:44   Link #57837
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Interestingly enough. Meister and I had to consult our physics when we were debating how PIC works. It got pretty intense for a bit on my end. But in the end we made sense of everything and resolved that PIC is indeed multiple levels of insane.

I don't have a real preference for my robots but Gundam has always been iconic to me. Front Mission and Armored Core have helped mold my mecha concepts so wasted mecha potential in IS really frustrated me.
Old 2015-10-04, 06:10   Link #57838
SRW-Otaku

Yeah, going in, I thought IS was going to be something like a lighter and more highschool-ish version of Five Star Stories with a bit of G Gundam on the nation part, topped off with a side dash of fanservice from Dog Days.
Instead, I got a moderately enjoyable SS1 and a severely disappointing SS2.

Old 2015-10-04, 06:18   Link #57839
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was disappointed since season 1. I'm already an idiot for it but I thought I'd get some emotional attatchment to the harem. But they were just too shallow to care for.
Old 2015-10-04, 09:01   Link #57840
The 48th Ronin

A bit OT: Anybody who watched G-Tekketsu Episode 1 already (like me)?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest