ryuusei

.hack//gu

http://www.dothack.com/gu/

Watch the trailer if you can. All of it

my apologies since this is all the info i got atm
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 22:33   Link #2
shikamarufoo

A new .hack game, sounds interesting. Hopefully it's not as repetitve as the first ps2 .hack series. I found info on this game at gamefaqs...here is the link to the message boardhttp://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...p?board=928400
. Apparently there are 3 parts to this GU series...more info can be found on the gamefaqs board I posted above. Go the topic that is pinned/stickied.
Hope this helps those who are interested .
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 10:35   Link #3
partlink1

.hack//gu

the new .hack game is shortly going to be released in the us and from what i can tell has already been released in japan

heres the story
Years after the events of the first .hack installment, the popular but dangerous online game "The World" has been resurrected. As Haseo the Terror of Death, players are thrown into his quest for revenge in his search for the mysterious PK (Player Killer) Tri-Edge. This time, players will interact in the real and virtual worlds with fellow "The World" players through various chats, mails, and fully voiced video news clips. Together with Haseo's virtual partners, login to challenge and solve the mysteries of this new environment, "The World: R2".

heres some videos http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/748/748504/vids_1.html
and heres a link for a site with more info on the .hack series

http://www.altimitcorp.com/

http://www.altimitcorp.com/altimit/i...rUExDqSYwKlmDy

Last edited by xris; 2006-08-15 at 15:36.
partlink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 14:52   Link #4
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Well I wonder how long it's going to take before CC2 begins on a REAL "the World" MMORPG.

but to be ontopic, the new game looks promising. If I can believe what the movies show where going to get a whole new battle system . On the graphic side it looks very great for a PS2 game.
Spoiler:
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:20   Link #5
jtrog

Im waiting on this one as well. I havent even got to last one of last one so not ordering GU 2 or 3 till I see that They are Different Methods of play.

In a way I sure wish HackGU came out on the PC. I have all this computer, such a waste to just read chat with it you know.

Ive been 'computer gaming' on my own computers since 1985 - long as I have electricity, I will continue.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 01:54   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Well I wonder how long it's going to take before CC2 begins on a REAL "the World" MMORPG.

but to be ontopic, the new game looks promising. If I can believe what the movies show where going to get a whole new battle system . On the graphic side it looks very great for a PS2 game.
Spoiler:
If you've been watching the Anime for a while now and paying attention, you should know why they aren't in the games.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 01:58   Link #7
arias

I just found out about this sweet-ass baby today : O I'm hoping that it'll be a good story, which is about all that I'm concerned with (I would love a great battle system if I had more time to play games)..

So now there's .hack, Okami (which looks incredible), FFXII & Persona III to look forward to. I am happy.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 15:32   Link #8
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
If you've been watching the Anime for a while now and paying attention, you should know why they aren't in the games.
Spoiler:
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:48   Link #9
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I'd be willing to bet Tabby will be in the game as an NPC. Even if she is still in the world, the information from the game's synopsis says that after Haseo gets data drained, people who knew/recognized him before do not do so afterwards. I'm assuming the why for this will be explained at some point in the game. Shino, well yeah, thats obvious why she isn't in the game.

I could be wrong though, as there's still 7 more episodes for Tabby to quit, or be taken out!
Mareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 20:56   Link #10
Heartless Haven
~The Shadow Stalker~

Send a message via MSN to Heartless Haven
.hack//G.U. vol. 1 REBIRTH

Hey dot hack fans!
I'm so excited 'cus the first volume of .hack//G.U. is coming soon to America just around the corner! Is anyone else planning to get it?
So anyways what do you like about .hack//G.U. vol. 1 REBIRTH?

~Heartless Haven
Heartless Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:02   Link #11
Heartless Haven
~The Shadow Stalker~

Send a message via MSN to Heartless Haven
If you guys really want some info go to dothackers.net
They have all the information you need. And videos too.

~Heartless Haven
Heartless Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:29   Link #12
Dark`
The Terror of Death

I never got to finish the original series (played and finished 1 and 2, got about halfway through 3)...but that was because the combat engine frustrated me so much. You can't move when spells are being cast on you...that really blows when you get into a room with like 3-4 enemy spellcasters all chain-casting on you. That's one of the things I'm really excited about with .hack//GU, the combat engine looks to be completely new, reworked from the ground up. I just hope they keep the tradition from the old series and continue to include both the English and Japanese audio tracks.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 08:23   Link #13
jtrog

I got Hack/gu for the ps2 in yesterday and am extreamly pleased. Was a Dvd 'bonus' disk in with the game disk as well as the Haseo figurine. Highly pleased for sure over the additions to the series in this. NO idea what converting the game from the pre-1-4 series dot.hack would add to the game and Im not looking since I never finished the 3rd on.

It loads really fast when you run thru to a Next area too.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:23   Link #14
Kunimi_Hiro
Hokage

You don't need to have a flagged save game from part 4 (Quarantine) all you need is a flagged saved game from one of the 4 games. It can be only for Part 1, and you will have the bonus either way.

And yes, I am impressed with this game so far, so much better on the battle system. Graphics wise it's above par!
Kunimi_Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 03:21   Link #15
meeyuki93

Smile Oh no

Hack GU..I wanna get this game..me n my sis..we are trying to gte the game so badly!! anyone here? got Hack GU?
meeyuki93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 08:05   Link #16
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Yes. Having just finished up .hack//Roots a few weeks ago, walking into the story was a piece of cake. Very enjoyable for me. Haseo does act very differently during Roots and Rebirth, but I blame that on different development teams.

Knowing Haseo's backstory, as well as knowing who Ovan is, and why Shino is so important to Haseo... makes this so much more interesting!
Old 2006-11-17, 21:28   Link #17
Haseo56
Terror of Death

Dot Hack//G.U.

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard of Dot Hack//G.U.?
Haseo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 21:55   Link #18
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Im kinda playing it off and on I am still at the start of the game though. I want to watch .hack roots 1st then play the game.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 11:11   Link #19
sei

does anyone know the name of the song playing in the background of the pv?
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 13:51   Link #20
nightman
just a member

Done playing the game. I love the story plot , and I can't wait until the second part comes out.
nightman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpg