AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 00:15   Link #701
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Thing about Gangryong is that it does not matter whether he is the weaker or stronger one he refuses to give up its something that rocky in final rocky movie it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Gang is pretty much like this you whip his ass good but he won't stay down only way for him to stay down is crippling him or kill him. Shioon just does not have this
Gang might seem like a brute type fighter, but he's actually a very tactical fighter who relies on technique.

He always uses psychological attacks against his opponents when possible, and always tries to analyze his opponents' weaknesses and uses his skill and finesse to overcome their raw power.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 00:45   Link #702
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Chapter 21 is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10688

Finger-boy might actually be getting a bit worried now
Damn, I wish i could read the dialogue, some of that conversation seems really important. Also I see more veins popping on Shioon, wonder if I'm right and we'll see a burst of Ki knocking the guy out.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 01:03   Link #703
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Shion won't get up if he just rips all of his limbs out. Gut and sheer will power is a joke in reality. It only works in sports.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 02:27   Link #704
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

shioon looks like crap right now. Hard to look at a guy with his arms and face like that.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 14:59   Link #705
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
shioon looks like crap right now. Hard to look at a guy with his arms and face like that.
No need to worry. He'll be back to hos old, energetic self the very next day anyway
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:35   Link #706
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I really hope Pretty Boy gets the shock of his life next chapter. Preferably with irreparable damage to his Pretty Face too. Dude's an arrogant bitch. Lulz insulting a ki-broken innocent who could have beaten his ass any other day "I hate you talkative types the most" -- well isn't that you and not him?

The black-haired traditional beauty, on the other hand, is quite intriguing...

...future harem addition?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:38   Link #707
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
...future harem addition?
Totally. Signs are already there. She seems to be the type to like strong men... I'm sure Shioon will pull some kind of miracle and score points with her
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:54   Link #708
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Not exactly Shioon whined a lot of cause of stronger guys Gang never did. Also gang has faced opponents way beyond him his master at first then so and so till he got better
He only did that before NAD taught him otherwise. It's true Gang never needed to be taught that. But what I don't like about him is how pointless his quest for power really was. He just did it to satisfy his ego, and never cared one bit how much violence he was going to inflict.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 18:18   Link #709
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Gang might seem like a brute type fighter, but he's actually a very tactical fighter who relies on technique.

He always uses psychological attacks against his opponents when possible, and always tries to analyze his opponents' weaknesses and uses his skill and finesse to overcome their raw power.
I never said he was brute but his never say die attitude reflects what i posted
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 19:54   Link #710
DarkLordOfkichiku

Rejoice! A-Team has released chapter 21 in english!
Old 2011-03-18, 19:55   Link #711
Xacual

Yeah now that I've read the chapter, Shioon called his bluff pretty good and the guy did not look happy about it at all. I also liked how he brought up the fact that he knows pretty much the strongest guys in the Murim world really offhandedly.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 19:59   Link #712
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah now that I've read the chapter, Shioon called his bluff pretty good and the guy did not look happy about it at all. I also liked how he brought up the fact that he knows pretty much the strongest guys in the Murim world really offhandedly.
I think it's a good thing. After all, if he's not "a prodigy who might be superior to even Hyuk So Chun", it means that our fears of people like Hyuk So Chun suddenly becoming commonplace were all wrong. Also means that in a sense, it won't be as "amazing" if Shioon indeed manages to beat him, which is also good.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:31   Link #713
Johnny
Working the bags...

Had to chuckle at Ji-Gun's comment about showing Shin what's it like to lay your life on the line. Doesn't he know that this is what Shin typically goes through and looks like when he fights...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 16:34   Link #714
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But what I don't like about him is how pointless his quest for power really was. He just did it to satisfy his ego, and never cared one bit how much violence he was going to inflict.
I think I found that quite refreshing, compared to the drama-infested background of the other characters. Gang's dialogue when he was fighting Guhoo and Shinra was a breath of fresh air, though I have to admit, a reason similar to Souichiro's(TT) would be a bit more fulfilling for his char.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 17:30   Link #715
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Refreshing? Wanting to be the strongest is very common. I don't mind it when it's about sports or some other harmless hobby. But when it comes to violence... I can accept many motivations. Like money, or revenge. They don't have to be good. But simple pride? Bleh.
Old 2011-03-19, 23:58   Link #716
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Refreshing? Wanting to be the strongest is very common. I don't mind it when it's about sports or some other harmless hobby. But when it comes to violence... I can accept many motivations. Like money, or revenge. They don't have to be good. But simple pride? Bleh.
To be the strongest can truly be obtained by killing everyone in the world as we know it. That's the right way to pursued strength. There'll be no one to be born to become stronger than you in the future, and since there's no one left to compare yourself with then you're now the strongest in the world ever.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 16:28   Link #717
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Well, it is partially for revenge. Also, they live in the same world of Murim as in the Breaker. Martial arts is essentially his life.

Also, Gang's motivations are purely personal. He wants to get stronger for himself, and hence why he's the most honorable character in the series. A lot of the other characters will resort to underhanded tactics and even murder to in order to get rid of those who pose threat to their ideals.

In fact, he's the only person who really doesn't want to kill anyone.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:26   Link #718
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, it is partially for revenge. Also, they live in the same world of Murim as in the Breaker. Martial arts is essentially his life.
He wanted to be the strongest - and beat people up - before he ever heard of the murim.

Quote:
Also, Gang's motivations are purely personal. He wants to get stronger for himself, and hence why he's the most honorable character in the series.
"Personal", in this case, just means "selfish". What's honorable about that?

All in all, he isn't selfish. He is, in fact, rather generous. But I still don't like his primary motivation.

Quote:
A lot of the other characters will resort to underhanded tactics and even murder to in order to get rid of those who pose threat to their ideals.
Depending on the ideal, I find that a lot more understandable. And at worst, it just means the other characters are no better than he is.
Old 2011-03-24, 23:46   Link #719
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 22 is out at Daum!:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10771

Finailly!
Old 2011-03-24, 23:54   Link #720
Iron21

lol, did what's her name change her mind about Shioon already?
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves