Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 00:24   Link #1761
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-chan View Post
I have a question- I'm not sure if it was addressed earlier in the thread (I certainly do not wish to shovel through 88 pages to see if it was) but in Tatarigoroshi-hen did the Yamainu dig up Teppei's corpse and dispose of it properly? I can't remember if it was ever confirmed but I'm thinking it was implied because of Takano saying "did you dispose of the body correctly". Then of course, Keiichi goes to the burial site afterwards and finds no body afterwards, but he could've easily have been mistaken and gone to the wrong area to dig. Could someone help out?
Spoiler for Teppei's corpse:
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 11:52   Link #1762
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
I have a question- I'm not sure if it was addressed earlier in the thread (I certainly do not wish to shovel through 88 pages to see if it was) but in Tatarigoroshi-hen did the Yamainu dig up Teppei's corpse and dispose of it properly? I can't remember if it was ever confirmed but I'm thinking it was implied because of Takano saying "did you dispose of the body correctly". Then of course, Keiichi goes to the burial site afterwards and finds no body afterwards, but he could've easily have been mistaken and gone to the wrong area to dig. Could someone help out?
Should the series have stopped at Tatarigoroshi-hen, then the theories of Keiichi being mistaken (since he was already at L5) and the Yamainu disposing the body would be plausible. But as Bluemail said, it's more likely that Mion and Rena were the ones who hid the body, since they said (correct me if I'm wrong) "We're going treasure hunting in the forest. You can't refuse, right?". Mion was also the one who hid Rina's body in Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

Takano probably only knows that Keiichi hid the body because of the Yamainu's surveillance systems, or even by simple intuition. Really, if a teenage boy with crazy hate-filled eyes, a dirty shovel and bike, is walking oddly in the wrong direction, especially on the night of the Watanagashi Festival where it was completely dark and raining heavily, what would you think?

His rage against Teppei was already established as well, thanks to him making an obvious scene in front of Irie that he wanted to kill him. It would be no surprise if Irie told Takano about it.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 13:07   Link #1763
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Old 2011-08-22, 13:17   Link #1764
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Spoiler for Tsumihoroboshi:
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 21:51   Link #1765
maximilianjenus
[E]

AFAIK, it was the sonozakis, since mion even mentions doing that for rena which is pretty much teh same situation.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 14:24   Link #1766
AyaSai

So, in Tomoe's side in Miotsukushi-hen, does anyone know more about who Shirou Hanada(the guy in that picture below) is and what his role in that arc ?
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:02   Link #1767
User173096
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:

Spoiler for Frederica Bernkastel:

Last edited by User173096; 2011-08-31 at 11:39.
User173096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 01:21   Link #1768
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Hello! I have a question that has really been on my mind for awhile about Higurashi. (If this the wrong thread for this I apologize)

Is there any information at all about When they Cry 5?(Or I should say the sequel to Higurashi and Umineko)
I know that Ryukishi07 is writing Higanbana at the moment, but I didn't know if there were any rumors about what he'll do next.
L in Hinamizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:24   Link #1769
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by L in Hinamizawa View Post
Hello! I have a question that has really been on my mind for awhile about Higurashi. (If this the wrong thread for this I apologize)

Is there any information at all about When they Cry 5?(Or I should say the sequel to Higurashi and Umineko)
I know that Ryukishi07 is writing Higanbana at the moment, but I didn't know if there were any rumors about what he'll do next.
If I remember correctly, he said / implied in his interview with KEIYA that he wanted to end the When They Cry series and work on other projects that he's been wanting to do for awhile. It might not be the absolute end, but there was something like "Maybe I'll write another -no Naku Koro Ni when this generation have forgotten about it" in the interview.

Er, something along those lines. But do not expect a new series any time soon.
Old 2011-09-04, 20:47   Link #1770
Crystal Zora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
Question number two, yarr.

Are there any known English translations of the Higurashi game floating around out there? Fan translations, official ones, etc?
They have a few for the itouch and iphone.
Crystal Zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:48   Link #1771
L in Hinamizawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
If I remember correctly, he said / implied in his interview with KEIYA that he wanted to end the When They Cry series and work on other projects that he's been wanting to do for awhile. It might not be the absolute end, but there was something like "Maybe I'll write another -no Naku Koro Ni when this generation have forgotten about it" in the interview.

Er, something along those lines. But do not expect a new series any time soon.
Oh ok, thanks!
Well, I'll be really hoping he does another When They Cry someday!
I hope it'll be a sequel to Higurashi itself!
I feel like he's intentionally left certain plot points in Higurashi open for a sequel.
Old 2011-09-06, 17:30   Link #1772
Yasu_ushiromiya
Beatrice the third

Higurashi kizuna 4 heeelllp me

Hello. I have higurashi kizuna dai yon kan. I've almost finished connecting the pieces on the ds version, but it's very difficult compared to the pc version of matsuribayashi. I can't for some reason connecting a Miyuki Akasaka piece, and a Rena Ryuugu piece. Does anyone know how to connect these two pieces, so I can move forward in the game?
thanx
EDIT: i didn't need to connect them nvrmind. however if anyone wants to know some great higurashi secrets, pm me.

Last edited by Yasu_ushiromiya; 2011-09-08 at 07:38.
Yasu_ushiromiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:56   Link #1773
L in Hinamizawa

I was wondering about the Higurashi Desktop Pets!
Where can I get them?
Old 2011-09-12, 14:27   Link #1774
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Zora View Post
They have a few for the itouch and iphone.
If 'game' is referring to the visual novels, then they have been translated into English by MangaGamer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L in Hinamizawa View Post
I was wondering about the Higurashi Desktop Pets!
Where can I get them?
I've found some links, but I have no idea if they are what you're looking for. I haven't downloaded them, so…

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=ZLU2C1OP
Old 2011-09-20, 15:57   Link #1775
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Eh, two questions:

1. Does anyone have a rip of the Matsuri sprites and backgrounds? I don't need the patch / the arc file, just the images themselves. I can't seem to find them on Tweaking Higurashi wikia (pretty sure it used to be there, or maybe I missed the link somewhere...)

2. What program do the translators use to replace the Japanese text with the English translations? I saw some people make gag screenshots of their own awhile back (like how people do with the Umineko screenshot generator), but I'm not exactly sure how to edit the .arc files.
Old 2011-09-20, 17:08   Link #1776
PBsaffran

Quote:
2. What program do the translators use to replace the Japanese text with the English translations? I saw some people make gag screenshots of their own awhile back (like how people do with the Umineko screenshot generator), but I'm not exactly sure how to edit the .arc files.
For the text, notepad (or notepad+) is plenty enough. As for .arc files, well, you have to decompile them first, then edit stuffs, then recompile them, it's not that difficult.
PBsaffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 18:47   Link #1777
User173096
Disabled By Request

I think the images and CGs are here: http://higurashifix.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Patch
In the end of the page
User173096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 18:49   Link #1778
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBsaffran View Post
For the text, notepad (or notepad+) is plenty enough. As for .arc files, well, you have to decompile them first, then edit stuffs, then recompile them, it's not that difficult.
Would editing English into the original Japanese games be better than replacing the music and abuse of the English language in Mangagamer's version?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:41   Link #1779
PBsaffran

Komari >
Nscript doesn't really allow for english to be displayed on screen. You can, but it's a bit tticky. If you take the right programs though, sure, you can do it - as a matter of fact, that's what I do for the official french release.

As far as the english version is concerned, I hear that Mangagamer did a good job on the later arcs (Kai). Also, I have listened to some of the replacement music, some are quite OK. Considering the tremendous effort needed to translated Higurashi (3 years + if you work alone) I'd say spare yourself the trouble and try to get a cheap hardcopy if you can.
PBsaffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:54   Link #1780
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

PBsaffran: Huh? You used NScripter? I assumed you used PONScripter or something like that…

Anyway, NScripter isn't really that good for English text. Sonozaki Futago-tachi's English patches are for ONScripter-EN, which is designed to support English text. MangaGamer just converted it to Buriko General Interpreter (BGI), so it behaves very differently to the original Japanese version.

I wouldn't say MangaGamer's translation is that bad. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's actually quite good, if you ignore the occasional typo. As for the replacement music, it does fit the mood very well and I know a lot of people feel that it is in fact better than the original music (the quality of some of the tracks are simply horrible).

Either way, MangaGamer's version is the only complete translation of the game in English, so you'll have to put up with it either way, I'm afraid.