AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-24, 18:56   Link #6441
LG-MAX

I wonder what will be higher.

Railgun fans mad at Touma because he was badass and blablabla.

fans curious to know more about it..
Old 2014-03-24, 18:59   Link #6442
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
For the benefit of the entire Toaru Series collective fandom, I sincerely hope its the latter.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:26   Link #6443
Acer
Death to the infidels!

the problem is that in times like these people tend to think that they are a couple, but we know the truth, and that is what leaves many railgun fans angry.

Anyway, I hope Kamachi really make this dragon appears in the NT 10, we already had a supposedly reference to it in NT 9.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:30   Link #6444
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post

i wouldn't care if you ask me. after seeing the usual complains you pretty much get use to it.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:38   Link #6445
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-24, 19:54   Link #6446
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Spoiler for New Testament:

or my theory that Misaki control someone to inject a drug that makes Touma losing the memory of what happened in the last hours may be true.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:04   Link #6447
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

Like OH&S said, I hope it's the latter. I know the Railgun purists are going to go all "Touma's shounen hax" and "Complete Deus ex Machina" (the kind of stuff I see on MAL's Railgun forums) and stuff but if this revalation about the Invisible Thing actually gets more people to read the Index novels out of curiosity, then that's a great (likely) intended consequence.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:06   Link #6448
Acer
Death to the infidels!

at least one or two people should start reading.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:14   Link #6449
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Purist Railgun fans should, logically thinkng, have nothing to complain about, as the entire manga/anime is a spin-off of the original main-story that intersects plots (*cough* Sister's Arc *cough*) heavily at times. So it should just be common sense that not everything is explained in the manga/anime.

...It probably won't stop them from complaining though.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:05   Link #6450
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I can only say one thing for now....

I normally hate using memes as responses but I'll make an exception. One of my greatest worries of Raildex was that Volume 2 (Deep Blood) would just be nodded off as canon filler but now that worry has finally been alleviated completely as it has finally confirmed. The Dragon Head that came out of Touma's arm is NOT merely from Aureolus's imagination but is real and is the identity of the Invisible Thing!!

Hopefully we see the Invisible Draconic Thing (or the Dragon King as it was called in Volume 2) in NT10 now.

One more thing-Now that this happened...they cannot adapt Railgun 3 before World War 3's adaptation in Index. They absolutely shouldn't or it will ruin the mystery of the Invisible Thing for the anime only viewers.
I forgot it technically wasn't confirmed how it looked.

What wonderful news. This is the best thing that could have possibly happened.

Also, this was beautiful, Kamachi I'm throwing my money at the screen, please take it, and continue to write more of this beautiful, beautiful manga plot.

Lol, this arc was epic.

Purist fans will never stop complaining, they just say that it should be made to not need any back-up from any other story... even though that's ridiculous.

I don't really care if they like it or not, they'll keep on buying later arcs anyway just because of Mikoto or Misaki or the other girls so whatever... For the people who do become curious... great!

Anyway, for what everyone's saying about NT 10... it'd be nice, but there are a lot of other things to be worrying about... I guess we'll have to see... the full summary should be out soon anyway...

Last edited by dniv; 2014-03-24 at 21:39.
Old 2014-03-25, 02:28   Link #6451
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
this is also something I might complain on the development. Why wait for that long before become even interested on what's IB or what's its use for.

I like the event that the dragon shows up but it also gives a plot hole that I hope will be resolve or I might lost respect on Kamachi/Touma

though Kamachi will probably find a way. Somehow.

Though I find it funny that railgun manga is giving small hint on what will happen to NT. Like Misaki for example.
Old 2014-03-25, 08:12   Link #6452
LG-MAX

many people are already treating these events as "filler", I until understand them, Touma showed only interest in discovering the truth about the IB after what happened in Russia, it's fucking weird for something to have happened in Railgun and he acted normally for vol 11-22.

I think someone said here a theory about Misaki finds a way to erase the memories of Touma this event, but through all this and not remember anything is ridiculous.

I think this was just a tactic of the Kamachi to sell more NT volumes. so I'll just enjoy the comic pages, but depending on the next chapter will not take seriously what happened so far in this arc.

My fear is that Kamachi not mind more with the chronology.
Old 2014-03-25, 09:24   Link #6453
Birdway
Banned

So are we sure this wasn't Index series? The Railgun main character has become the damsel in problems and the secondary characters became protagonic (Misaki and Touma), oh, if Touma saw that "dragon" again that will prove that either Kamachi doesn't gives a shit about the events or Kamachi realized that previous chapters were boring (sorry Kuroko) or Touma lacking initiative and just waits things to happen.

The dragon thing was cool but for now I'll call it fanservice to give some hype(and draw some interest via nudity) to this arc because I don't expect anything besides that, Touma won't take any interest, Mikoto will suffer selective amnesia, Gunha will dissapear, Mikoto will forget about her clones again and what bothers me is that there is no scene with Gensei going "OMGWTF!?" at Touma and the reason why Kihara are so afraid of Touma if they never faced him off...

Guys go and RE-read vol.2 last chapter:
Spoiler for Light Novel Vol.2:
Old 2014-03-25, 09:36   Link #6454
LG-MAX

Quote:
or to prove my theory that Touma lacks initiative and just waits things to happen.
this will prove a your theory that Touma in the OT is thus, not the current Touma NT, but does not make sense.

A mysterious power appears in Russia and arm regenerates - "I'll have to throw me in a deepening world to discover the truth"

A dragon comes out of the arm during the fight against Demon-Mikoto "I have to go home to cook for Index."

Quote:
what bothers me is that there is no scene with Gensei going "OMGWTF!?" at Touma and the reason why Kihara are so afraid of Touma if they never faced him off...
expect this in Accelerator manga
Old 2014-03-25, 10:28   Link #6455
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I think someone said here a theory about Misaki finds a way to erase the memories of Touma this event, but through all this and not remember anything is ridiculous.

I think this was just a tactic of the Kamachi to sell more NT volumes. so I'll just enjoy the comic pages, but depending on the next chapter will not take seriously what happened so far in this arc.

My fear is that Kamachi not mind more with the chronology.
You're jumping the gun (or the shark...or the dragon in this case ) a bit. If Chapter 70 is the conclusion, wait until then before judging the course of events. Arcs are better read as wholes rather than installments anyways. Although...I agree that this may have been a tactic by Kamachi or his editorial staff to promote Index.

Well, it's not like Kamachi hasn't alluded to NT via Railgun before.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:43   Link #6456
Birdway
Banned

Did he? I know OT is alluded but NT? I don't count Misaki since the hints were there in OT since vol.1 and 16.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:44   Link #6457
LG-MAX

well, we will have yet another chapter to work at least 4 questions:

1 - Future of Mitori - she will be arrest by Kuroko or will supposedly be sent to a horrible fate by dark side just to fillers in the Railgun D her appears?

2 - Destinations Gensei.

3 - Mikoto will be able to finish this arc without being a damsel in distress?

4 - Touma - He will have a reaction about it or will it just run to feed the Index?

is plenty to a chapter.

Quote:
Did he? I know OT is alluded but NT? I don't count Misaki since the hints were there in OT since vol.1 and 16.
well, after that Misaki appeared in Ralgun, all volumes of the NT had one mention of it from the NT 2, and say all the same, had until NT vol 3 and 4.
Old 2014-03-25, 12:52   Link #6458
zaeraal

I am fine with her being the damsel in distress.
If she were to solve everything by herself it would be boring.

Level Upper arc - soloed
ITEM arc - soloed
Sister arc - failed to solo, became damsel in distress, saved by Touma
Daihasei arc - forced into team with Misaki, failed, became damsel in distress, saved by Gunha and Touma

Looks quite balanced to me as it is.
Next arc we can use setting without Touma and in a team that succeeds
Old 2014-03-25, 13:43   Link #6459
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I am fine with her being the damsel in distress.
If she were to solve everything by herself it would be boring.

Level Upper arc - soloed
ITEM arc - soloed
Sister arc - failed to solo, became damsel in distress, saved by Touma
Daihasei arc - forced into team with Misaki, failed, became damsel in distress, saved by Gunha and Touma

Looks quite balanced to me as it is.
Next arc we can use setting without Touma and in a team that succeeds
I agree with zaeraal about how soloing everything would be a little boring.

And you know, I don't think Mikoto was exactly a "damsel in distress" in sisters arc anyway. Sure, she received significant help from Touma, but one cannot deny that Touma would have been beaten to a pulp if Mikoto hadn't done some quick thinking and requested the Sisters to help out with the wind manipulation. Sure, it wasn't like she got much "action" in the finale, but it was actually quite a significant move if you think about the overall scheme of things. Just my two cents.

Old 2014-03-25, 14:00   Link #6460
Birdway
Banned

Touma would have had it better if Mikoto didn't leave him almost Kamijo Fried Chicken before facing Accelerator.

Mikoto soloing is, as this manga series shows, a bad thing to do. Anytime she tries so she fails or falls in despair and the way to solve that is with the help of friends which refuses so far but ironically is played in the anime.

Btw, Mikoto didn't solo Level Upper arc. Without Kazari and Kiyama I doubt Mikoto could have done any damage to AIM burst with its regenerative power.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-25 at 14:11.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen