4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-18, 11:20   Link #21
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

My one problem with the episode was that when the two big beams clash, there should have been a better animation where by Gundam X Maoh's beam pierces through the other beam. I thought for sure that it would have been a satisfying climax . All the awesome BGM one moment and the next, Gundam X Maoh's beam just hit Apsalus >,<
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 11:25   Link #22
AnimeAlert

its still to early to tell...

btw the gunpla is for show...
AnimeAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 12:17   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rinko

Oh yeah, the Gundams were good too, particularly Mao's. Any idea how he was able to fire the Satellite cannon? By using all of the power of his unit? (it looked it couldn't move anymore afterward)
Old 2013-11-18, 12:29   Link #24
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
That's quick
or upgrade its weapon...
just what kind of monster does the world tournament have?

but then again we saw somehwere in the net a build akatsuki...
I wouldn't put my bets on it. It looks like that all it is the Akatsuki with the Build Strike Full Package's backpack just like it shows the Strike Noir with it during the promo. Though Akatsuki would make sense to show us that Sei has also figured out how to manipulate the particles like the Mao and the land shark guy did in this episode( since Akatsuki in Seed Destiny could reflect the beam shots too).

Sei will need something that has a bit more firepower than what the Build Gundam MKII offered, but still has maneuverability to go against Gunpla's like Mao's especially now that they know he can fire the satellite canon without the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rinko

Oh yeah, the Gundams were good too, particularly Mao's. Any idea how he was able to fire the Satellite cannon? By using all of the power of his unit? (it looked it couldn't move anymore afterward)
Do Gunpla's even have power supplies? Mao may not have been able to move his Gunpla due to the damage taken by the heat cracking the plastic plus the recoil from firing the satellite canon( think Wing Zero Custom destroying itself from firing its twin buster canon with its damage).
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 13:14   Link #25
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
So, what's this translation error that you mentioned?
The official subs spell it Apsarus.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 14:17   Link #26
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Rinko

Maybe 00 style condensers? Will be interesting to know what he did.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 14:25   Link #27
Vsin
Aldracity

I know the reference is probably supposed to be Jamil, but for some reason I got more of a Grodek Ainoa vibe. I mean, I can't even remember Jamil wearing a hat, ever.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 16:04   Link #28
monster

Ok, the show never really said if there are human colonies, but maybe Reiji not knowing salt water does mean he's from some colony that's distanced themselves from Earth. Or maybe he's just that ignorant of the world.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 18:23   Link #29
Kumagawa

A 0079UC Apsalus III even with mods from a Big Zam and a Adzam comes across as so overpowering in this show, I LOVE IT!

And then to top it off a custom MS-18E Kämpfer of all things is the main rival's new MS AWESOME! I so love this show

Almost makes me want to buy a game console just to buy one of those Namco Bandai Gundam games to play with all these awesome MS's

PC gamers love Gundam too! we need some love as well please.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:15   Link #30
Skye629

Episode 7 Review:

TITS

10/10

Ok joking aside this episode was good, lots of laughs and lots of references which everyone has already hit on/mentioned so I'm not going to waste my time typing

One thing though that people did not seem to really comment on: This episode more or less confirms that bits/remotes weapons are usable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> Apsalus
Seriously though, must be one hell of a dedicated builder that Yakuza is. There's no Apsalus model kit at all. It's completely scratchbuilt, in 1/144 scale!
Except for the Zaku head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
So it was spelled ApsaRus this whole time!? WHAT OTHER TRANSLATION ERRORS HAVE I BELIEVED!?
No errors, its just the japanese pronounciation of the letter "L", the subs just went with that, which is quite misleading to those who are not familiar with the "L" and "R" thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
And we are getting Tallgeese III already. Yup, this series sure does rock!
Tallgeese I actually, but decked out with's III's rifle/cannon

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Next week is gonna be awesome, we'll get too see more customs kits as the other regional qualifiers around the world wraps up

Especially the American finals with the Sengoku Astray vs. Custom Tallgeese, I predict were gonna be in for quite an awesome duel

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-11-18 at 19:29.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:40   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Ok, the show never really said if there are human colonies, but maybe Reiji not knowing salt water does mean he's from some colony that's distanced themselves from Earth. Or maybe he's just that ignorant of the world.
I think its something they're building up to... In a twist maybe this show happens in the far future where space colonies were built and forgotten. Like in Turn A.
Old 2013-11-18, 20:02   Link #32
Aurelis
Daydreamer

That was a very risky bet they took. If the bad guy demanded a fair 1v1 match, the inn is gone for good. And the inn could afford a Gunpla Battle System but not repair costs?

With regards to the final match with the gold Gundam Double X, how the hell was he able to bring in 12 G-Bits. Also, him just standing there was an insult to the match. I reckon a skilled pilot could utilize the G-Bits to buy time while the DX charges up its Satellite Cannon.

Battles aside, anyone else find it creepy that Ral is flirting with a married woman, whose husband is still alive. Don't get me wrong, anyone who makes a Gouf sandcastle is alright in my books but it just keeps getting creepier. Well, Sei's father was a fool to leave home too, leaving his beautiful wife all alone.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 20:17   Link #33
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
That was a very risky bet they took. If the bad guy demanded a fair 1v1 match, the inn is gone for good. And the inn could afford a Gunpla Battle System but not repair costs?

With regards to the final match with the gold Gundam Double X, how the hell was he able to bring in 12 G-Bits. Also, him just standing there was an insult to the match. I reckon a skilled pilot could utilize the G-Bits to buy time while the DX charges up its Satellite Cannon.

Battles aside, anyone else find it creepy that Ral is flirting with a married woman, whose husband is still alive. Don't get me wrong, anyone who makes a Gouf sandcastle is alright in my books but it just keeps getting creepier. Well, Sei's father was a fool to leave home too, leaving his beautiful wife all alone.

Thats one of the main purposes of the G-Bits actually, the pilot was a moron lol

Yup, Sei's dad is definitely missing out
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 20:18   Link #34
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
And the inn could afford a Gunpla Battle System but not repair costs?
The damage seems to be caused by vandalism, lack of guest doesn't help at all. (probably scared by the aforementioned Landshark)

The stone pillar and random paint on the wall, for example.

Quote:
All those G-Bits are treated as funnel, maybe.

Quote:
Sei seems to agree, and even Mr. Ral actually confirm it

Sei: *looking at him with disturbed gaze*
Ral: *sigh* "Yes, I know"
Old 2013-11-18, 20:21   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

I've paid so little attention to Sei's backstory that I just assumed the husband was dead .

That really was quite a gamble. Also how nice that the local thugs are also into Gunpla . I swear I was getting Yugioh flashbacks where all of life's problems could be solved via card duels.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:43   Link #36
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

I've been grinning form the start to the end of this episode. That Gundam X parody (Jamil Neet is that u?), that golden Double X w/ the G-Bits, the Amuro Ray quote (Nu Gundam wa datte janai!!!), China being cute, Rinko being HOT, Apasalus III and Quattro Bajeena(?) lol. It was just such amazing nergasm! I LOVE this show.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:21   Link #37
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Rinko

my speculation is that the suit is coated with particle thing as emergency power supply. hence at the end the coating is off

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 23:45   Link #38
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Rinko

My take on it is this.

The panels throughout the gundam probably absorbs and stores Plavsky particles during it's "usual" fights and releases it through the satellite cannon when Mao deems it necessary. As it was firing, the panels on the back were starting to crack and fade away due to loss/use of said stored Plasvky particles.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:10   Link #39
RobotCat
In a Box

Great episode as usual. It's amazing how all of life's problems can be solved via Gunpla.

Anyways, this might be a more expensive hobby than I initially thought if this is anything to go by:
http://kotaku.com/someone-wants-to-p...del-1466547288

Imagine if that get's totalled in a Gunpla battle
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:35   Link #40
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Great episode as usual. It's amazing how all of life's problems can be solved via Gunpla.

Anyways, this might be a more expensive hobby than I initially thought if this is anything to go by:
http://kotaku.com/someone-wants-to-p...del-1466547288

Imagine if that get's totalled in a Gunpla battle
Yep that's expensive alright The sheer amount of effort, time and money you have to invest in order to build those gunpla is no joke. A straight build is time consuming enough. Imagine the effort it takes to paint and add details to the whole thing. And it gets totally wrecked after one damn gunpla battle. I'd be crying tears of blood