AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 15:52   Link #741
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
As per sky's request I've moved this conversation over here.

So what do you think guys? What would Shirley dress up as?
It was not about request, it is about being OT. lol

Anyway, idk, something mermaid-ish, given her sea-history. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 15:55   Link #742
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

You got a point... Let's see, something that's from the sea... What about a... Penguin costume?

And Nobby, i never watched those movies to begin with(that one with the surfer penguin is just... wrong... and the March looks like is as exciting like a soporific)
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 15:58   Link #743
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Yeah, you "requested" that we stop being OT XD Ha ha, semantics.

Hmm, yes I suppose that would fit. Not that I'm complaining, since I imagine that would be hella sexy on her, but with the rest of the girls their costumes make them look kind of goofy since they encompass pretty much the whole.

So...hmm...keeping with the nautical theme, I don't know, maybe a giant fish?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 18:49   Link #744
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Very much looking forward to your fic's continuation, Nobodyman. ^^;

I've been off-and-on working on an AU fix-fic for the mess that is everything from season one episode 22. The first major wallbanger for me was Euphie's death and the accidental Geass, and the second major wallbanger was the ludicrous rate at which the Knightmare Frames were upgraded into Super Robot territories in R2.

The major change that causes everything to take a different turn is that Lelouch doesn't lose control of his Geass--Euphemia doesn't get killed and the SAZ is successful. Things do get worse at this point, and the story totally diverges from canon.

Most notably to this particular thread is that Rolo doesn't exist at all in this AU, thus Shirley never dies. It's not particularly a shipping fic, but Shirley/Lelouch does happen, and she does recover her memories (only one Geass to break though; just Lelouch's, since the Emperor never uses his as he did in canon).

I'll set up something on fanfiction.net to put these up on; if anyone's interested in reading PM me and I'll link you to the first chapter. The going is somewhat slow since I am balancing this work with that of my own original project, but I should have some up shortly.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 21:19   Link #745
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Guess I'll take a gander. Got the link?
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 23:18   Link #746
Nobodyman9
Banned

Sounds like a good fic synaesthetic.

Anyway sky, your mermaid idea really makes me want a mermaid pic of Shirley now! Anyone out there willing to make a Mermaid Shirley fanart?
Old 2009-07-01, 19:45   Link #747
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No wonder the hardcore shippers and I never seem to get along. I always ship according to canon evidence instead of just who I think looks good together.

And the evidence shows that either Shirley/Lelouch or Kallen/Lelouch would work. But since both Shirley and Lelouch are dead, Kallen's SOL, and Shirley is chasing Lulu in the World of C. ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure she's done chasing him. Lelouch doesn't have much in the way of stamina, after all.
Quote:
If I were being chased by Shirley, I wouldn't want to run away, anyway. >.>;
Agreed. And I'm sure by now they've enjoyed the fruits of each others luminescent bodies 8D
Old 2009-07-01, 20:11   Link #748
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Guess I'll take a gander. Got the link?
http://analog-angel.blogspot.com/200...uction-00.html
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:50   Link #749
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Read part 2 of your fic, Nobodyman. Faithfully awaiting part 3 whilst I work on my fic. Aiming for a pre-4th/4th of July release.

Currently reading your piece, synae. Thanks for the link.

Last edited by Tr3adst0ne; 2009-07-02 at 00:30.
Old 2009-07-02, 01:55   Link #750
Nobodyman9
Banned

Finished reading the prologue of your fic synae. Looks like it's off to a good start if I say so myself. Can't wait till we get to the real meat and potatoes.

Sorry Tr3adst0ne, but I still need to read your fic

And now for you my loyal readers, I present a preview for chapter 3

Spoiler for size:

I actually did a little bit of reserach for this. Kurobe is an actual city in Japan and Makino is an actual street in it (I'm not sure about the Main Street part though) It's also one of the closest cities to the Hida Mountain Range, which I've decided is where Lelouch hid out with Shirley for all those years. I figured it would make for a good secluded spot where no one would find them. I was thinking about having him hide out near Mt. Fuji, but that wouldn't make sense given the conflict over the supply of Sakuradite. Of course I'm not 100% on the logistics and factual content of the story, so if anyone finds any errors please let me know.
Old 2009-07-02, 07:21   Link #751
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Let the suspense continue... I smell seven shades of awesome...
Old 2009-07-04, 18:15   Link #752
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right, new discussion. What's your favorite Shirley outfit? To help decide I offer a list of pics and descriptions of all the major and best outfits she wore throughout the series.

Ashford Uniform - The one she most consistently wore as a student at Ashford Academy. True, she doesn't exactly stand out amongst her peers, but I think she wears it quite well.

Spoiler for Ashford:

Swimsuit - Another favorite outfit as an accomplished swimmer in Ashford's swim club. The fetching blue color contrasts her orange hair and the fabric hugs her skin, making her truly a sight for the eyes.

Spoiler for Swimsuit - cap:

Spoiler for Swimsuit - no cap:

...Actually, I'm not even sure what to call this next outfit. We actually have Nunnally to thank for this outfit as she picked it out for Shirley and...well, we can see this is wear being blind can become a problem However, the outfit is quite inadvertantly kinky. She looks like a cross between a waitress, a maid and a swimmer, with possibilities for role-playing abound.

Spoiler for WTF outfit:

Hostage Crisis Outfit - Seen only once, this was the outfit Shirley wore during the JLF hostage crisis in Stage 8. I don't know about you guys, but to me it makes Shirley looks kind of country girl-ish. Quite an attractive outfit at any rate and one of the few times we see her wear a ponytail.

Spoiler for Hostage crisis outfit:

Green Dress - The outfit she wore during her two "dates" with Lulu. A very elegant green dress, suitable for any evening event, formal or informal. This dress truly creates the prescense of a true lady.

Spoiler for Green dress:

Furry Outfit - More of a costume really, but it's the one she wore during Arthur's welcoming ceremony. Dressing up as a red cat as well as wearing pigtails, this outfit actually has a very slimming affect and makes her looking absolutely darling.

Spoiler for Furry outfit:

Final Outfit - Sadly, the last outfit she wore during the series. But putting aside the tragic circumstances surrounding it, this is actually a very pretty outfit. A pink sleeveless top with a white skirt, which shows just the right amount of skin to make her look quite attractive and without looking indecent.

Spoiler for Final outfit:

And if I've missed any or if you have better pics, please be sure to let me know.
Old 2009-07-04, 19:02   Link #753
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
All right, new discussion. What's your favorite Shirley outfit? To help decide I offer a list of pics and descriptions of all the major and best outfits she wore throughout the series.

Ashford Uniform - The one she most consistently wore as a student at Ashford Academy. True, she doesn't exactly stand out amongst her peers, but I think she wears it quite well.

Spoiler for Ashford:

Swimsuit - Another favorite outfit as an accomplished swimmer in Ashford's swim club. The fetching blue color contrasts her orange hair and the fabric hugs her skin, making her truly a sight for the eyes.

Spoiler for Swimsuit - cap:

Spoiler for Swimsuit - no cap:

...Actually, I'm not even sure what to call this next outfit. We actually have Nunnally to thank for this outfit as she picked it out for Shirley and...well, we can see this is wear being blind can become a problem However, the outfit is quite inadvertantly kinky. She looks like a cross between a waitress, a maid and a swimmer, with possibilities for role-playing abound.

Spoiler for WTF outfit:

Hostage Crisis Outfit - Seen only once, this was the outfit Shirley wore during the JLF hostage crisis in Stage 8. I don't know about you guys, but to me it makes Shirley looks kind of country girl-ish. Quite an attractive outfit at any rate and one of the few times we see her wear a ponytail.

Spoiler for Hostage crisis outfit:

Green Dress - The outfit she wore during her two "dates" with Lulu. A very elegant green dress, suitable for any evening event, formal or informal. This dress truly creates the prescense of a true lady.

Spoiler for Green dress:

Furry Outfit - More of a costume really, but it's the one she wore during Arthur's welcoming ceremony. Dressing up as a red cat as well as wearing pigtails, this outfit actually has a very slimming affect and makes her looking absolutely darling.

Spoiler for Furry outfit:

Final Outfit - Sadly, the last outfit she wore during the series. But putting aside the tragic circumstances surrounding it, this is actually a very pretty outfit. A pink sleeveless top with a white skirt, which shows just the right amount of skin to make her look quite attractive and without looking indecent.

Spoiler for Final outfit:

And if I've missed any or if you have better pics, please be sure to let me know.
Hmm...can I pick all of the above? Lol but, really, she looks cute in all those outfits. I guess if I had to pick one, put aside the tragedy that happened with it, I'd say the final one. I want an outfit like that. it's like you said, it's pretty and modest.

Thanks for putting that post together btw, showing off Shirley's nice fashion!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 19:40   Link #754
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Hmm...can I pick all of the above? Lol but, really, she looks cute in all those outfits. I guess if I had to pick one, put aside the tragedy that happened with it, I'd say the final one. I want an outfit like that. it's like you said, it's pretty and modest.

Thanks for putting that post together btw, showing off Shirley's nice fashion!
I agree, it's very hard to pick just one outfit since she looks so beautiful in all of them Anyway, I never did say my favorite, so if I had to pick one I guess I too would pick her final one or perhaps the green dress. I can't decide between the two!

And hey, no prob. It's always great to celebrate the beauty that is Shirley
Old 2009-07-04, 21:56   Link #755
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Green dress > all.

Redheaded women look so good in green.
Old 2009-07-04, 22:01   Link #756
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Green dress > all.

Redheaded women look so good in green.
Ha ha, well Shirley's hair is more orange than anything (not that she still doesn't look beautiful) Kallen's hair is more red than hers...hmm, so yeah, I can imagine her looking pretty good in a green dress (better than that yellow boob dress anyway)
Old 2009-07-04, 22:04   Link #757
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well considering that most natural redheads are either carrot tops like Shirley or are auburn-brown like Nena Trinity of Gundam 00...

Kallen's hair color can fall under the typical "weird anime hair" heading. ^^;

The yellow boob dress becomes much more hilarious in this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0r7p_wLEdw
Old 2009-07-04, 22:58   Link #758
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well considering that most natural redheads are either carrot tops like Shirley or are auburn-brown like Nena Trinity of Gundam 00...

Kallen's hair color can fall under the typical "weird anime hair" heading. ^^;

The yellow boob dress becomes much more hilarious in this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0r7p_wLEdw
Ha ha, true that (aah, misnomers)

Hmm, well Kallen's hair does have a kind magenta-ish tint to it.

And yes, we all love that clip

Anyway, here's two more outfits that, while they never appeared canonically on the show, I think look fantastic on her.

Spoiler for more outfits:
Old 2009-07-04, 23:04   Link #759
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Shirley in a Black Knight uniform isn't too farfetched (fanfic material yay). After all she already shot someone once to protect Lelouch's identity as Zero...

Though I'm not sure what exactly she'd do if she were helping him.
Old 2009-07-04, 23:20   Link #760
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Shirley in a Black Knight uniform isn't too farfetched (fanfic material yay). After all she already shot someone once to protect Lelouch's identity as Zero...

Though I'm not sure what exactly she'd do if she were helping him.
That, my friend, is a topic of much debate and speculation.

Personally, while I would have loved it if Shirley had survived and helped out Lelouch however she could, I don't see her becoming a full-fledged soldier. Yes, she was willing to shoot Viletta, but it nearly drove her insane with guilt (granted her mental breakdown was that combined with other things) I don't think Shirley has the will of a soldier. I just don't see her constantly killing people.

I am, however, a fan of the idea of Shirley helping Lelouch out from afar and away from the battlefield in whatever way she can. She could still be in on his Zero secret, and she could help in balancing his Ashford life and helping with tasks that don't involve...you know...killing people.