AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-15, 10:37   Link #301
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
My expectations for this anime are fairly high, since I love this series. Has everything I love: Action + Drama + Comedy = Awesomeness
Maybe it's gonna make me cry AGAIN ... damn you FMA! D: I don't wanna see my favorit die again! *sobs* Well, you might know who I mean ... if you don't, I won't ruin it for you

And I totally love the opening. Impressed me even more than the 'Rewrite' one <.<

I also hope for a better end. Since they don't outrun the manga anymore (or could they?), the chances aren't bad after all. ... No Adolf again please xD
Seriously, the anime end totally let me down.

Did the manga end btw? I'm only at Vol.6, and the series is only published till Vol. 11 (where I live), I think ^^

Well, I just hope the anime won't let me down, since I'm all 'happy happy joy joy' over it
Old 2009-04-15, 12:54   Link #302
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Did the manga end btw? I'm only at Vol.6, and the series is only published till Vol. 11 (where I live), I think ^^
It's not finished yet, but apparently, it's going to end soon. (The author has said that she's planning to end it shortly after chapter 100, and the most recent chapter is #93 or 94.) So the manga will probably be completed before the anime catches up, so the chances of getting a complete adaptation this time around are looking fairly good.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:25   Link #303
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
It's not finished yet, but apparently, it's going to end soon. (The author has said that she's planning to end it shortly after chapter 100, and the most recent chapter is #93 or 94.) So the manga will probably be completed before the anime catches up, so the chances of getting a complete adaptation this time around are looking fairly good.
Yeah, manga chapters come out relatively slowly compared to anime, but I doubt even this director could possibly cover over 94+ chapters in less than half a year. I mean, if this is anywhere close to the length of the previous FMA series, we're in for a (wonderfully) long ride.
Old 2009-04-16, 11:00   Link #304
Avira
fanart-fan :D

I just read volume 94 of the manga and it was awesome. I can't wait for the Riza scene to get animated with Envy and all that stuff *.*
Waaay better than the first anime!

I wonder what Armstrong's sister (she is, right? Oh that blond woman from the north) is going to be like; she looks pretty badass^^
Old 2009-04-18, 15:52   Link #305
karumofin

not to mention that they will surely stretch the story with lots os filler material.
Old 2009-04-18, 16:11   Link #306
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
not to mention that they will surely stretch the story with lots os filler material.
Where are they going to find time to add filler if they are actually going to animate the entire manga with only minor changes?
Old 2009-04-18, 16:13   Link #307
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Where are they going to find time to add filler if they are actually going to animate the entire manga with only minor changes?
Exactly. There's no room for filler like there was in the original TV series.

I hope we at least see the 4-koma's or special chapters as DVD extras. Some classic one's i'd love to see animated.
Old 2009-04-18, 20:34   Link #308
theorys
Astral Traveller

FMA: Brotherhood is made of pure win. Best show this season of any anime.
Old 2009-04-19, 01:13   Link #309
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly. There's no room for filler like there was in the original TV series.

I hope we at least see the 4-koma's or special chapters as DVD extras. Some classic one's i'd love to see animated.
Exactly. If they somehow do have extra time, there are all the 4koma, the mini-volume 0, the other side story that was bundled with an LE, and many other little extras that already exist in the manga for them to animate.
Old 2009-06-17, 22:17   Link #310
4F0ur

i wanted to make a thread for this topic but i guess i need to ask a moderator
which im not gonna..

anyways...why are they repeating the same episodes they had in first season?
so far all the episodes i've watched are repeats...maybe in different order... but most of them are the exact samething...i meant is this necessary? :x

someone please give me an explanation for this

credit to necrodeath...
Old 2009-06-17, 22:57   Link #311
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur View Post
i wanted to make a thread for this topic but i guess i need to ask a moderator
which im not gonna..

anyways...why are they repeating the same episodes they had in first season?
so far all the episodes i've watched are repeats...maybe in different order... but most of them are the exact samething...i meant is this necessary? :x

someone please give me an explanation for this
It's very simple Brotherhood follows the original manga storyline. The first FMA anime veered off in its own direction and told its own story. However the early parts of the manga and 1st FMA series were pretty similar hence the fact that the episodes of this series appear to be the same.

Why are they bothering to show these similar episodes again? Well for one thing not everyone has seen the 1st FMA series or read the manga. Not to mention these similar episodes will be important to the later part of the manga storyline so they cannot skip them.

And yes very shortly (around episode 15 in fact) you will notice that Brotherhood will become completely different from the 1st series. But to reassure you keep in mind that at episode 11 we are at the point where the old series was already at episode 26. That is a big difference in episode count and why because Brotherhood has a completely different story to tell than the first series. You just have to be a little more patient.
Old 2009-06-17, 23:27   Link #312
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Why are they bothering to show these similar episodes again? Well for one thing not everyone has seen the 1st FMA series or read the manga. Not to mention these similar episodes will be important to the later part of the manga storyline so they cannot skip them.
And there's another reason. While "all the episodes [so far] are repeats", there are differences from the first anime in those episodes—some subtle (the interactions with Marcoh), some not so much (Shou Tucker)—that may have a profound effect on later plot.
Old 2009-06-20, 16:23   Link #313
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And there's another reason. While "all the episodes [so far] are repeats", there are differences from the first anime in those episodes—some subtle (the interactions with Marcoh), some not so much (Shou Tucker)—that may have a profound effect on later plot.

Totally Agree: though I find it annoying to watch again some parts (and hating to see Nina like that again and making me cry... again TT^TT) I find it's important to review these first episodes so we can know what is important from the manga and what was irrelevant from the 1st anime... this comes from a person who first watched the first anime, got disappointed with its ending, never read the manga bcuz was afraid of it following its anime version, THEN heard of 2nd anime (Brotherhood) found it intriguing again and finally reading the manga.. and falling in love completely with it ! lol
Old 2011-07-23, 16:22   Link #314
Estuhbawn

Everybody RSVP to this event on facebook!!! October 3, 2011 is Fullmetal Alchemist Day!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...f_t=event_wall
Closed Thread