AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-05-16, 21:42   Link #3801
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
I find that the series is a bit out of control lol

for the second consecutive week, Ikki and co are "hiding" in a very obvious place, this time they are literally beside the Fenix's members

No audience's reaction, I assume the covid-19 protocol was in effect when filming this episode.

Just after the new rider saved everyone, Akaishi immediately founded Daiji and talked to him (I need to rewatch that part. Was he being saved or left abandoned on the scene??)

Bad guys at this point are just letting Ikki and co live out of mercy. They are not needed for any thing (at this moment). They are being spared because they are part of the "family"
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 16:50   Link #3802
mangachocolate
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
I don't understand why Ikki's photo is disappearing. Does his contract with Vice somehow alter reality?
mangachocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 18:00   Link #3803
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangachocolate View Post
I don't understand why Ikki's photo is disappearing. Does his contract with Vice somehow alter reality?
Guess so. Vice said Ikki would disappear if he kept using his powers, which I understood as his whole existence getting wiped out.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 14:14   Link #3804
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 36
Just about caught up with Revice. Two more episodes to go and I'll be current. This marks the third Kamen Rider that I've been able to actually enjoy (after Gaim and W) and not drop after a couple of episodes or half way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Guess so. Vice said Ikki would disappear if he kept using his powers, which I understood as his whole existence getting wiped out.
He won't disappear (unless they retcon it again), he'll just become and empty shell devoid of memories. Like a machine, basically. But we've seen twice now that memories that are "taken" or "forgotten" are really just sealed, but gone completely. He can be reminded of them and they'll come back. I believe that'll be the key to preventing the bittersweet finale.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 09:16   Link #3805
B214
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
The memories will probably be the key to final form. Like Ikki forgot him family and lost his reason to fight but end up getting a new reason to fight and unlock the final form.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 10:48   Link #3806
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I find that the series is a bit out of control lol
I won't say out of control, more like as Revice goes it became more and more losing track about what it wanted to do.
I'm not sure if the writer team still remember story elements, or worse, plot outline, more than "family". Vice is potentially dangerous? Retconned into 'he's not bad'. George? Suspicious, nah, he's just local fanboy. Daiji? Barely relevant. Kagero? Return only to die after several episodes; Orteca? Jobbed despite being the first actual threat. Over Demons? Who is that guy?

I'm guessing they wanted to constantly subverting expectation, without awareness of crack it will created over time if handled carelessly.
I assume the new explanation about good and bad thing in balance is their attempt to salvage Daiji with new form fusing with Kagero. Feels bad to this second Rider, honestly, especially after looking back to the dedicated Rintaro and chad Fuwa.

Personally, I'll just wait for Hiromicchi to save this series. Fan-favorites shouldn't ended up disappointing, right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
The memories will probably be the key to final form. Like Ikki forgot him family and lost his reason to fight but end up getting a new reason to fight and unlock the final form.
Which form? The more exquisite form or the stronger base form afterwards?

__________________
Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 12:45   Link #3807
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 36
I do wish Ikki would stop using tier 1 stamps against Vail. They've fought like four times now, and not once has it worked. Either use Bari Rex or Volcano if you want to still let Vice fight, or stop screwing around and go straight to Thunder Gale. Stop having to be reminded each time that tier 1s are useless.

Also, rip Jeanne, now the weakest Rider with the new one seemingly being on par with Thunder Gale right from the get-go.

I'm also waiting for Kagerou to come back so we can get an upgrade for Daiji.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 14:48   Link #3808
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Kinoshita was so incensed by Toei immediately turning down his idea of a female Main Rider that he's basically writing as if the female Riders are the main characters at this point .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 15:48   Link #3809
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 36
Eh, I dunno about that. Other than this debut (because they aren't going to let a debut be them jobbing), they might get a decent amount of screen time but on the whole it's basically just the Ikki and Vice show.

I mean, Sakura debuted as like a tier 1.5 Rider, and hasn't gotten an upgrade even though we're up to tier 4 or so. Live might get jobbed like no tomorrow, but other than this particular episode he at least usually fought upwards to trigger those jobs.

I'd say the bigger issue is they focused on Ikki and Vice for so long that now they don't have any story left for them until the rest of the overall story hits a certain point, so they HAVE to focus on other characters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 16:27   Link #3810
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Eh, I dunno about that. Other than this debut (because they aren't going to let a debut be them jobbing), they might get a decent amount of screen time but on the whole it's basically just the Ikki and Vice show.

I mean, Sakura debuted as like a tier 1.5 Rider, and hasn't gotten an upgrade even though we're up to tier 4 or so. Live might get jobbed like no tomorrow, but other than this particular episode he at least usually fought upwards to trigger those jobs.

I'd say the bigger issue is they focused on Ikki and Vice for so long that now they don't have any story left for them until the rest of the overall story hits a certain point, so they HAVE to focus on other characters.
Feels like they're kind of spinning their wheels with Ikki and Vice at this point but that's not uncommon in the leadup to the Final Form arc.

Sakura may as well be the real secondary Rider at this point considering the level of treatment of her and her plots versus, say, Daiji. I think it's clear who Kinoshita is more invested in writing at any rate.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 18:04   Link #3811
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Gotta say, they really got me with that preview. I thought Tamaki was going to be the new Rider, but I guess they didn't want to lose their buttmonkey so Hana/Aguilera stole the spotlight. I'm personally happy about it, as I don't like him much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Sakura may as well be the real secondary Rider at this point considering the level of treatment of her and her plots versus, say, Daiji. I think it's clear who Kinoshita is more invested in writing at any rate.
Sakura's character arc seems pretty much done though. She was the first to choose the right faction (unless there's a twist, the "dad" in Weekend is just shady as shit), she overcame her weakness, and she turned her archenemy into her girlfriend. Her personal story is done.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 20:45   Link #3812
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sakura's character arc seems pretty much done though. She was the first to choose the right faction (unless there's a twist, the "dad" in Weekend is just shady as shit), she overcame her weakness, and she turned her archenemy into her girlfriend. Her personal story is done.
Its the plot treatment, not character arc.

Can't say I disagree with Frontier when, in fact, as series progressed not only Jeanne got mascot development but also she got rival liberated and became ally Rider (Aguilera) and short movie planned featuring both of them. Then you look at Daiji who supposed to be this series secondary Rider.

Roughly around this time (35+ episode) Fuwa already thought of bonding with Naki while Rintaro already have duet action with Touma. Here, Daiji still serve as punching bag now told "he's being good guy too good its wrong" forgot how they praised him for defeating Kagero. Made me really wonders if the writers do have plan for him as Revice and Jeanne actively using their MC privilege.

__________________
Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 02:19   Link #3813
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Episode 35... yep, we can check the "Toei (really, Kinoshita) has to do other things in this show to drag it out to the full 50ish length"

We know that Kinoshita wanted female riders as the mains, to which Toei said No... so I guess Kinoshita is now going to take his chance and run with it despite it leaving the other Riders behind until we get near the end. Hell, I think the meta here is "Well, we already got rid of Hiromi (for now), so it'd probably be REALLY bad if we actually got rid of another Rider." Hell, the fact that Ikki is now the one trying to bring back Akemi when it started as Daiji's plot... tell me you hate Daiji without actually telling me you hate him.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the stamping thing is a direct reference to the Covid vaccine? Unfortunately, I need some clarification: are people getting the stamp so that they're protected from Giff, or so that humanity can ultimately do the evolution because Giff is too powerful?

And then, that new creature at the end... blow off half its side, and it completely regenerates. Like I said, I think Kinoshita is going to do cruel things to Daiji short of actually being able to kill him off.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 12:53   Link #3814
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 37
The main reason Jeanne avoids the worf effect is her opponents are specially chosen for her.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 09:49   Link #3815
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Revice Final Form:

Spoiler for Major Spoilers:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 19:55   Link #3816
iko_uwais
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Indonesia
Trailer for Revice movie and Donbrothers movie
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, the plot seems to be that a passenger plane that the Igarashi parents is on is hijacked by a terrorist group which forced the Igarashi siblings to conduct a "Sky Mission" to recover their parents and the other passengers. The group is aiming to enter "Area 666", which according to George, is an area that is forbidden to enter by the public.

Wondering if this is set after the end of the series or not.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-05-28 at 20:45.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 20:01   Link #3817
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Looks like writers for Kamen Rider are big fans of the Money's Paw. Go back a couple of pages, and you'll see what they did for the OOOs movie. Well, perhaps not as much of a big deal, but we got it again today:

Spoiler for Kinda big spoiler:
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 20:12   Link #3818
iko_uwais
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Looks like writers for Kamen Rider are big fans of the Money's Paw. Go back a couple of pages, and you'll see what they did for the OOOs movie. Well, perhaps not as much of a big deal, but we got it again today:

Spoiler for Kinda big spoiler:
Just watched it on TTFC and meh, I'm just glad Hiromi's back. After watching Toku for 20+ years, I'm used to those kind of things. Same with Kiriya in Ex-Aid, a lot of people complained he was back, but I'm glad because I liked Kiriya

Dear Gaga trailer 2

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-05-28 at 20:38.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 00:33   Link #3819
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Looks like with Akemi dead, they now have to extract Giff's cells from Genta to complete Revice's final form Vistamp.

Speaking of Revice's final form, with the full suits revealed, I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite of the three Reiwa Riders final form. It's not overly simplistic like Zero-Two, as well as not a recolor with minimal changes like Xross Saber.

Curiously the final form has Revice split into Revi and Vice again. I wonder if they'll have a fusion form (please don't do a bad CGI based form like the Remixes...)

Last edited by kiak666; 2022-05-29 at 17:57.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 17:03   Link #3820
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Now that Hiromi is back, he'd better take back the Demons driver. Then Hikaru can just go back to simping with his buddy Tamaki.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.