AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-01-16, 16:57   Link #181
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
All cause it wasn't Dante
Sakurai cosplaying as Vergil: "More salt... I NEED MORE SALT."

Old 2020-01-16, 17:34   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I was prepared to watch the reveal and be surprised... be shocked... be disappointed. But man, this took it on another level.
Is there anything below disappointment? Super-disappointment?
I guess Sakurai thought he was being clever with the swordsman thing, but I think he missed the point.

That said, after a work-day, I am over it. If Sakurai wants to spread hate for Fire Emblem, more power to the man. No one can do a better job than him on it.
At the least, I won't be putting the Smash cartridge into my Switch anytime soon.

...Yeah, imagine those people that bought the season pass and ended up getting some brat who brainwashes people and another Fire Emblem character from Four Cars or whatever that game was called.
But hey, 6 more chances at another Fire Emblem character!

I'll wait for Sakurai to wake up before sending him some replies on his Twitter. Need to find some images first to use too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 17:51   Link #183
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm honestly just enjoying the salt that Byleth's announcement has made at this point.
With the salt depending on what the person's biggest issue is (in my case, it's the lack of Bernadetta, especially given how her love for carnivorous plant could have easily led to her being represented in the Spirit Board by Piranha Plant).
Old 2020-01-16, 18:10   Link #184
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If Sakurai wants to spread hate for Fire Emblem, more power to the man.
Yes, clearly it's Sakurai who is spreading the hate, not all the people spreading the hate because they didn't get what they wanted.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 18:28   Link #185
Galaxian

If Ferdinand was a Spirit, he could have been represented by any Pokemon other Mewtwo and Lucario.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 20:21   Link #186
mickbis

Smash communities spreading the Fire Emblem hate all these year and lol some smart guy just pin all the blame on Sakurai.

Give that man a break.

Those kid didn't even know what actual Fire Emblem is smh.
And 3house is the highest praise Fire Emblem title in decade so it pretty obvious DLC candidate.
It just we didn't expect him to appear this soon but it doesn't matter at this point.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 20:45   Link #187
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, clearly it's Sakurai who is spreading the hate, not all the people spreading the hate because they didn't get what they wanted.
Well this is definitely one of the good points for Bylethís reveal. Really brings out the toxicity of smash city. Onward to season 2 and the salt that will bring too. Itís dexit all over again.
Old 2020-01-16, 21:25   Link #188
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
*shrug*
Blame the fans for not wanting another Fire Emblem character if you want. Less place for Fire Emblem fans regardless. But hmm, I guess I worded it wrong. Sakurai helping the spread of Fire Emblem hate? Not that I think anyone cares at this point.
Except maybe the people going "Bu-but, the fanbase is to-toxic!" Go sleep with a Muk if you like that move so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well this is definitely one of the good points for Byleth’s reveal. Really brings out the toxicity of smash city. Onward to season 2 and the salt that will bring too. It’s dexit all over again.
Considering there is no other over-represented series in the game, that won't happen. Probably only the normal level of some complaints of not getting the character they want. But apparently this point is lost to some people.
Unless we get another Fire Emblem character.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-01-16, 21:50   Link #189
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Considering there is no other over-represented series in the game, that won't happen.
Super Mario - 9
Legend of Zelda - 6 (three of whom are Link himself, and two are Zelda)
Pokemon - 8

Fire Emblem has 8 NOW, after Byleth.
Old 2020-01-16, 21:53   Link #190
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Super Mario - 9
Legend of Zelda - 6 (three of whom are Link himself, and two are Zelda)
Pokemon - 8

Fire Emblem has 8 NOW, after Byleth.
If you want to get technical, if you count Yoshi and Wario then Mario is at 11 reps. Also if you count Trainer as 3 characters instead of 1, Pokemon is at 10.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 22:13   Link #191
GDB

I just counted whatever they officially listed on the Smash website as a character in that series.
Old 2020-01-17, 00:22   Link #192
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The backlash against the FE fandom.... Haha, keep proving the stereotype that gamers are bitter and useless basement dwellers right, people. More power to the man-child horde
Old 2020-01-17, 04:20   Link #193
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole "swordies" complaint is kind of funny because we actually have more characters fighting with their fists in general.
That being said, it is true that we have a huge overload of FE characters for Smash. I think it would have been less of an issue if Byleth was the only new FE character (even though Chrom doesn't really waste a slot since he is an echo fighter) and announced as the fourth character instead of the fifth character of the first DLC pass.

To me, that character is a bit like Kamui/Corrin: actually refreshing in term of gameplay, but plagued by its origins and timing, although Kamui had Bayo alongside, so it softened the blow, whereas Byleth is like the closure of the first DLC pass hyped skyhigh with previous characters so yeah...
To be fair, Fire Emblem has been a part of Nintendo's history since the original FamiCom, making it even an older mainstay than Pokemon. I'd would argue that Byleth and Fire Emblem representation is far more justified compared to including Marth and Roy in Melee before the West even got it's first Fire Emblem game localized. Heck, even to this day, Roy's game was never localized for the West

I can understand the outrage from a Westerner's point of view since we didn't necessarily grow up with the franchise and didn't get the games localized until Blazing Sword, but I wonder whether Japanese fans would be more tolerant considering they have had Fire Emblem games coming for nearly every Nintendo generation. They don't have to be fans, but I would wager they would probably accept them more as an inevitability like Pokemon or Mario representation more than the West would be willing to admit.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 12:06   Link #194
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

OMG I can't believe Sakurai managed to do it.

Old 2021-10-05, 12:12   Link #195
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Not gonna lie, I didn’t believe it was possible due to the fear of Disney wanting Nintendo as part of its IP infinity gauntlet, I’m glad I was wrong. Plus, we get to see all the Western game characters through a salt raid, happy times indeed.
Old 2021-10-05, 14:09   Link #196
Chosen_Hero

Welp, my main was just revealed... I LOVE IT.
Old 2021-10-05, 15:38   Link #197
Galaxian

Sad that Strike Raid didn't make it in, but I love that Arial Sweep and Sonic Blade did.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 20:19   Link #198
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Not gonna lie, I didnít believe it was possible due to the fear of Disney wanting Nintendo as part of its IP infinity gauntlet, Iím glad I was wrong. Plus, we get to see all the Western game characters through a salt raid, happy times indeed.
Disney still is fairly unforgiving. The Disney characters, songs, and worlds are absent for a reason.

Did you notice that Donald and Goofy were absent from Sora's Heartstation?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 20:45   Link #199
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Honestly the only thing that made me a bit miffed was needing a save file from Memory of Melody to get the tenth song, outside of that, not too much of a NOGAME4U as I thought. At least I got to see some epic reactions of both love and hate.
Old 2021-10-05, 20:54   Link #200
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I mean, after getting Xenoblade 2, I was already satisfied and didn't care what came next, except probably would have been annoyed if it was another FE character, so as someone who doesn't care about Disney or Kingdom Hearts (yeah, took me a bit to remember the name of that series before writing this), couldn't really care less about Sora.

That said, I guess he makes sense (though I'd like less focus on third-party IPs), so great, I guess. Definitely impressed Nintendo was able to get Disney to let go of their IP a bit.
Yeah, it's kinda funny we get another sword fighter though.