AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-01-06, 18:48   Link #161
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Yeah no...that show did not strike well with me as a kid
Old 2019-01-10, 23:47   Link #162
rladls2121

It was thanks to this game that I learned of Shulk and the series, including the sequels, and side stories dlc on Switch.
It was quite a ride really.
The series can make people cry, including me.
Kind of sad Shulk is still the only one in Smash Ultimate though.

I like Shulk's Monado more than Cloud's Buster Sword.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-09, 09:55   Link #163
phenom
Maebara Keiichi fan

Mewtwo WiiU >>>>> Mewtwo Switch

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still the best....
Old 2019-04-21, 19:48   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If it wasn't bad enough that the stupid kid's winning screen is long, but occasionally, that cancerous-colored Persona stage now pops up too. Dang, full yellow isn't kind for the eyes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 14:19   Link #165
Inept Forum User

The dream has come true.
Old 2019-06-11, 16:53   Link #166
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah well, both are not as bad a choice of the previous, so I'll take it.
Won't buy it though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 23:07   Link #167
dniv
Iím sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'll be honest, Dragon Quest MC's coming to Ultimate is probably the most exciting news I've heard in the past year.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-12, 07:19   Link #168
marvelB

Whoa, first K.Rool, now Banjo-Kazooie.... man, the Smash roster is perfect as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I'd still would have kinda liked to see a bit more Konami love thrown in (or Segata Sanshiro) for good measure, but this is good enough for me! Maybe they should also add in Yooka-Laylee as BK's clone fighter, eh?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-12, 09:40   Link #169
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

Pretty satisfied with the newcomers too, although I understand some people might be a bit puzzled by BK considering they have "limited" impact to Nintendo history, let alone, video games at large (and the xbox game surely didn't help that). On the other hand, it is kind of funny to see so many people salty about DQ protagonists, even though they are even more impactful for Japan than even Cloud if you consider DQ legacy. I guess Geno and Sora fans are just too much in despair considering it is unlikely for SE to have a third character in the franchise.

If they follow the "3rd party second rep" pattern, that means Capcom and/or Bamco might have another rep. I wouldn't mind Naruhodo/Wright or MH Hunter for Capcom in that case. Bamco's might be ToS Lloyd (yeah, another swordsman, I know), or Kazuya from Tekken (Heihachi is no good due to Unshou, unless they hire a new/old seiyuu).
But then again, considering they went with the most popular picks from both western and Japan, the last 2 characters could be anyone, especially if the aforementioned pattern was just a coincidence for Konami and SE.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2019-06-12 at 12:00.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-12, 15:04   Link #170
dniv
Iím sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Pretty satisfied with the newcomers too, although I understand some people might be a bit puzzled by BK considering they have "limited" impact to Nintendo history, let alone, video games at large (and the xbox game surely didn't help that). On the other hand, it is kind of funny to see so many people salty about DQ protagonists, even though they are even more impactful for Japan than even Cloud if you consider DQ legacy. I guess Geno and Sora fans are just too much in despair considering it is unlikely for SE to have a third character in the franchise.

If they follow the "3rd party second rep" pattern, that means Capcom and/or Bamco might have another rep. I wouldn't mind Naruhodo/Wright or MH Hunter for Capcom in that case. Bamco's might be ToS Lloyd (yeah, another swordsman, I know), or Kazuya from Tekken (Heihachi is no good due to Unshou, unless they hire a new/old seiyuu).
But then again, considering they went with the most popular picks from both western and Japan, the last 2 characters could be anyone, especially if the aforementioned pattern was just a coincidence for Konami and SE.
Yeah, considering that Dragon Quest is godly popular in Japan, it's pretty amusing... lol. But it is understandable that it is sad if it makes chances for other SE characters look bleak. I just think it's awesome that it seems like we're getting four actually slightly different characters in one. I was happy about Banjo too since he seems like a troll...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-12, 23:00   Link #171
mickbis

Yeah it kind of funny seeing all those Gamer community hype BK to sky high yet turn salty over DQ Hero for bring "Anime Sword Guy"

The different in popularity worldwide should be far different than in community include the fact that DQ is the grandfather of JRPG that also inspire Manga and Novel later on.

If Sakurai want to create a game museum then DQ coming is obvious
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 10:50   Link #172
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The rather.....odd trailer aside, I kind of expected given 3 Houses popularity
Old 2020-01-16, 12:11   Link #173
mickbis

Smash communites toxic level is too high right now.

well I kinda hope for one of the three lord but Byreth with additional 3 relics weapon made more sense.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 12:35   Link #174
Galaxian

I loved Sothis' "too many swordsman" comment. I find that particular complain rather silly when the two most requested character these last few days were Dante and Sora who are both technically swordsmen.

Last edited by Galaxian; 2020-01-16 at 12:52.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 12:42   Link #175
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Expect the Waluigi/Sora and assist trophy necrophiliacs to throw tantrums folks.
Old 2020-01-16, 12:46   Link #176
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Expect the Waluigi/Sora and assist trophy necrophiliacs to throw tantrums folks.
Look at the like/dislike ratio for nearly every video covering Byleth in Smash, they are already throwing tantrums. And it is delicious.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 12:53   Link #177
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

The whole "swordies" complaint is kind of funny because we actually have more characters fighting with their fists in general.
That being said, it is true that we have a huge overload of FE characters for Smash. I think it would have been less of an issue if Byleth was the only new FE character (even though Chrom doesn't really waste a slot since he is an echo fighter) and announced as the fourth character instead of the fifth character of the first DLC pass.

To me, that character is a bit like Kamui/Corrin: actually refreshing in term of gameplay, but plagued by its origins and timing, although Kamui had Bayo alongside, so it softened the blow, whereas Byleth is like the closure of the first DLC pass hyped skyhigh with previous characters so yeah...
Old 2020-01-16, 13:30   Link #178
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Can’t wait to see how all the leakers and the youtubers that literally make whole 10 minute grain of salt videos of paint drying and calling it a confirmed character for Smash to butt rape the hell out of the second fighters pass.
Old 2020-01-16, 15:58   Link #179
Wandering Soul

I'm honestly just enjoying the salt that Byleth's announcement has made at this point.
Old 2020-01-16, 16:34   Link #180
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

All cause it wasn't Dante