AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want to kill off unpopular characters or see them develop?
YES. Kill off the unpopular ones 18 66.67%
NO..DEVELOP DEVELOP DEVELOP but do not kill 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-17, 19:25   Link #21
Yellowflash221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
well characters that I think could be killed off with no significant loss would be
Spoiler:
No no. Kabuto is too mysterious. I want to find out more about him before he dies.
Spoiler for manga:

All the others I agree with.
Yellowflash221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 19:32   Link #22
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
No no. Kabuto is too mysterious. I want to find out more about him before he dies.
Spoiler for manga:

All the others I agree with.
I didn't noticed that this thread had a manga tag on it : P Ok I can understand seeing alittle more of Kabuto...I like how you said before she dies...atleast you want her dead lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 19:56   Link #23
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Karin isn't special she's just another out of the ordinary standard ninja..she can go hop in an oven for al i'd care.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 22:09   Link #24
Yellowflash221
Banned

Quote:
I didn't noticed that this thread had a manga tag on it : P Ok I can understand seeing alittle more of Kabuto...I like how you said before she dies...atleast you want her dead lol
Yeah as soon as I see why Kishimoto hyped her so much she can die along with the rest of his team.
Old 2007-05-17, 23:42   Link #25
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
well characters that I think could be killed off with no significant loss would be
Spoiler:
That's exactly why they shouldn't be killed off.

If there's no point to their deaths, then why do it? All it really does, then, is take away pages that could have been going to something else, and come across as a cheap shock-value killing.

Imagine how much it would shake up the Naruto fans if, say, Hinata was killed.
Someone who was finally getting over her problems, starting on the path to becoming something better...killed. A dream denied. And if they're willing to kill the one who seemed to be Naruto's future love interest -- who's safe?

This is not to say that I want her dead, but it would be a meaningful death that impacts the story and the readers.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 00:01   Link #26
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post

If there's no point to their deaths, then why do it? All it really does, then, is take away pages that could have been going to something else, and come across as a cheap shock-value killing.

Imagine how much it would shake up the Naruto fans if, say, Hinata was killed.
Someone who was finally getting over her problems, starting on the path to becoming something better...killed. A dream denied. And if they're willing to kill the one who seemed to be Naruto's future love interest -- who's safe?

This is not to say that I want her dead, but it would be a meaningful death that impacts the story and the readers.
LoLz. I forgot about her. I kind of want her to die. I think Naruto needs to cater to more mature audiences. Especially since they went out of their way in the anime to seperate the first Naruto and the Wind Chronicals and given the fact that most of the characters aged and matured.

It may be a cheap attempt at shock value but all the current shonen mainstream anime lack it. Bleach is starting to see some deaths and I believe it facilitates plot movements forward rather than just shock (however, it seems like Orihime may set it back some with her latest development). I think Naruto needs more especially for a supposedly ninja anime that likes to emphasize that people die in combat all the time.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 00:07   Link #27
MobiuS

Death used to be an audience - captivating tool till Kish decided to misuse it and nail Orochimaru. He fcked up bigtime and my take is we dont need any more deaths till I get some background story and explanations.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 00:22   Link #28
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Death used to be an audience - captivating tool till Kish decided to misuse it and nail Orochimaru. He fcked up bigtime and my take is we dont need any more deaths till I get some background story and explanations.
Your reasoning is strange. You claim Kishimoto messed up one character's death and all of a sudden, characters in the future cannot be killed because you believe Kishimoto will mess them all up? Suppose you are right in your claim that Orochimaru's death was handled poorly. So far, Kishimoto's track record of handling deaths has been relatively positive: Haku, Zabuzza, Sasori, Hidan, Kakuza, Asuma, Sound Ninjas, Kimi, etc. It is generally agreed by everyone that those deaths were done decently and moved the story forward. With that said, why would you want to punish Kishimoto due to one badly staged death?

My personal opinion is that the death was fine. Orochimaru's character was getting stale and semi invincible. Especially in light of the fight with Naruto where Naruto tore him to pieces and he manages to reassemble himself together.

Epyon
Old 2007-05-18, 01:34   Link #29
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Sometimes I wish Kishimoto cut the main "kid" cast in half and concentrate on developing fewer characters. You could get rid of Ino, Chouji, Kiba, Shino, Tenten, Sai and Kankuro and probably not even notice they are gone.

No need to worry about Team Hebi taking up space. Sasuke’s group, with the exception of him, will join the Sound 5 in the dumpster soon enough. The Akatsuki were created to be killed.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 01:47   Link #30
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

No vote.. because I agree with Hunter.. and Rai

Death to the unpopular ones do nothing.. they are part of the BG, developable but not essential.. Maybe there would be time when they get Shikamaru's treatment later on?

Death to the popular ones.. yes, if done right.. That being said, Sakura (as loathsome she is to some peoples ) are almost immune to death .. Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi... and to an extent IMO, Sai .. isn't. Just dont let they suffer lame death scene like Oro -.-

And I lost my manga thread lurking coat with this post ;-;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 07:13   Link #31
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Kill Kakashi, Naruto, and all of Akatsuki...should be fun after that, no?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 14:05   Link #32
Yellowflash221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Your reasoning is strange. You claim Kishimoto messed up one character's death and all of a sudden, characters in the future cannot be killed because you believe Kishimoto will mess them all up? Suppose you are right in your claim that Orochimaru's death was handled poorly. So far, Kishimoto's track record of handling deaths has been relatively positive: Haku, Zabuzza, Sasori, Hidan, Kakuza, Asuma, Sound Ninjas, Kimi, etc. It is generally agreed by everyone that those deaths were done decently and moved the story forward. With that said, why would you want to punish Kishimoto due to one badly staged death?

My personal opinion is that the death was fine. Orochimaru's character was getting stale and semi invincible. Especially in light of the fight with Naruto where Naruto tore him to pieces and he manages to reassemble himself together.

Spoiler for Manga:

Spoiler for Read it:

Spoiler for More manga:
Old 2007-05-18, 14:16   Link #33
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
Spoiler for Manga:

Spoiler for Read it:

Spoiler for More manga:
Do we still need these stupid manga tags given the manga heading in the topic?

Anyways, I thought those deaths were handled fine. They have to die somehow. Shikamaru is not your average ninja. He is genius beyond genius. Kakuza fight could have been handled a bit better but Naruto did pull something quite unexpected.

Bare in mind that the last time Naruto hit someone with the Rasangan head on - Kabuto - the other party was still able to heal. Kakuza might have felt something similar especially given his ability to reconnect limbs and organs, etc.

Epyon

Last edited by epyon96; 2007-05-18 at 20:27. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-05-18, 15:37   Link #34
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
IMO, Neji and Chouji should already be dead. That would be more consistent with the world of ninja that was introduced in the very beginning of Naruto. I mean, new characters are being introduced anyway, and it's getting too crowded. It would've made the show better, I think.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 19:46   Link #35
Yellowflash221
Banned

Quote:
Do we still need these stupid manga tags given the manga heading in the topic?
[sarcasm]Lol. I totally saw that.[/sarcasm]

Quote:
Anyways, I thought those deaths were handled fine. They have to die somehow. Shikamaru is not your average ninja. He is genius beyond genius. Kakuza fight could have been handled a bit better but Naruto did pull something quite unexpected.
I'm not saying Shikamaru shouldn't have defeated him but for an S-Ranked ninja Hidan didn't seem that exceptional.

Quote:
Bare in midn that the last time Naruto hit someone with the Rasangan head on - Kabuto - the other party was still able to heal. Kakuza might have felt something similar especially given his ability to reconnect limbs and organs, etc.
Eh whatever Kakuzu should have put up a good fight before getting pwned.
Old 2007-05-18, 20:37   Link #36
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post

There is a point even for useless junk like Ino & Chouji sadly proved to be : once they're dead they don't waste time anymore and then you can use their death to build additional background for the living ones. Two birds with one stone.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 20:59   Link #37
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As of right now, Shikamaru have already get his power up, so I think Chouji is pretty safe from being killed off to build off Shika's character.

Ino on the other hand, do Sakura need more flesh out? ... Actually, I dont mind that at all, seeing how Sakura are connected very close to her
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 21:02   Link #38
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
As of right now, Shikamaru have already get his power up, so I think Chouji is pretty safe from being killed off to build off Shika's character.

Ino on the other hand, do Sakura need more flesh out? ... Actually, I dont mind that at all, seeing how Sakura are connected very close to her
Easy solution is to have Diedara throw one big bomb that takes out both Sakura and Ino

They fullfill their destiny to not lose to each other.

Epyon
Old 2007-05-18, 21:39   Link #39
Yellowflash221
Banned

Quote:
Easy solution is to have Diedara throw one big bomb that takes out both Sakura and Ino

They fullfill their destiny to not lose to each other.
Deidara's big bomb takes out a village. It might kill more than Ino and Sakura.>_<
Hmmm.....unless he lured them to a secluded area. Yes that would work..... >_>
Old 2007-05-19, 09:09   Link #40
MobiuS

Quote:
With that said, why would you want to punish Kishimoto due to one badly staged death?
The manga plot has been spiraling downwards like crazy. Back then, he did a good job balancing characters, doing the right things at the right time and any problematic stuff he clearly avoided it so we forget them. That is ... until recently. Him trying to tie up loose ends is actually ripping the story apart even further.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote