AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-12-03, 16:38   Link #1661
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
Bernie Sanders have exactly called what would happen because he have seen and have not forgotten Trump and his bullies band's efforts to sabotage the postal services. Because THEY KNEW that the very populations they tried to stop from voting via voter suppression tactics would jump at the opportunity to vote without having to move dozen of miles away to reach the nearest polling stations or NOT HAVING TO CHOOSE BETWEEN VOTING OR LOSING A DAY OF WORK.

But NOOooooooooo, here we are discussing there are fraud because some people cant believe that COVID19 have made democrat voter more cautious, but the spreading of vote by mail due to the pandemic have made them more likely to vote, where they would not usually vote under other circumstances.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 16:39   Link #1662
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Bernie Sanders and pretty much every other Democrat and never-Trump Republican on the planet.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 16:53   Link #1663
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
That's just an attempt to legitimize conspiracy theories. Beliefs are nothing more than speculation without evidence and absolutely worthless until proven.
That's fine. My interest is purely academic and I'm not trying to convince anybody else.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 17:26   Link #1664
Kakurin
大佐
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
That's fine. My interest is purely academic and I'm not trying to convince anybody else.
No true academic would say something like "Hard evidence may be a standard to get certain relief in court, but it's not like that applies for every single thing we believe in."

The academic world requires hard observable evidence in order to confirm a hypothesis, just as the legal world would.

Your stance is not that dissimilar from conspiracy theorists since by brushing off evidence requirement in favour of subjective observations opens the can of a whole bunch of biases. So please don't use the word academic to describe your "interest".
__________________
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 18:01   Link #1665
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
No true academic would say something like "Hard evidence may be a standard to get certain relief in court, but it's not like that applies for every single thing we believe in."

The academic world requires hard observable evidence in order to confirm a hypothesis, just as the legal world would.

Your stance is not that dissimilar from conspiracy theorists since by brushing off evidence requirement in favour of subjective observations opens the can of a whole bunch of biases. So please don't use the word academic to describe your "interest".
The Collins English dictionary has this kind of alternative meaning for "academic" :

Academic, adj. You can say that a discussion or situation is academic if you think it is not important because it has no real effect or cannot happen. (=theoretical)
"Such is the size of the problem that these arguments are purely academic. "


That's what I meant. No disrespect to the sciences.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:39   Link #1666
Johnny Dy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yes, it gives the outgoing President time to muck with the institutions of government and serve up a mess to his successor.

I much prefer the British model where the moving vans arrive at 10 Downing Street the morning after the Prime Minister loses an election.

Much of the timing of events in the American electoral calendar derive from historical periods where travel was much more difficult than today. It's ridiculous to continue those same institutions when lawmakers can get on a plane and be in DC in a few hours.
You'll find no argument with me. The whole political class is obsolete. It was invented because the people can't move every day to the centre to make it's views known. That was centuries ago, now we can make our views known without moving at all. Why are we still not killing them all? I mean not dismissing them all? Because we stupid gave them power and they will never willingly give it away.
__________________
Crime and punishment, an age old dilemma. Man has long sought a solution to societies ills. But at what point does the punishment itself... become a crime?

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:51   Link #1667
coded321
He Who Games
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: the virtual world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The Collins English dictionary has this kind of alternative meaning for "academic" :

Academic, adj. You can say that a discussion or situation is academic if you think it is not important because it has no real effect or cannot happen. (=theoretical)
"Such is the size of the problem that these arguments are purely academic. "


That's what I meant. No disrespect to the sciences.
So basically what you're saying is your academic beliefs about widespread voter fraud is unimportant because widespread voter fraud has had no real effect or cannot/did not happen.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:05   Link #1668
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 43
I college we started to suggest a fourth check and balance via The People due to the Internet allowing people to actually pay attention. It was put down because even with the Internet, people don't have time to be informed about government enough to be that fourth check and balance.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31   Link #1669
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The Q anon phenomenon has gone global, and that to me, says people do not want to be properly informed.

//
__________________
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40   Link #1670
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
You'll find no argument with me. The whole political class is obsolete. It was invented because the people can't move every day to the centre to make it's views known. That was centuries ago, now we can make our views known without moving at all. Why are we still not killing them all? I mean not dismissing them all? Because we stupid gave them power and they will never willingly give it away.
Slow the fuck down.

Are you drunk on Tyler Durden's kool aid where we should be all on our own hunting the deer or plowing our own field?

Are you even aware of what a world without the strong arm of governments would be like? Just imagine Amazon jackbooting the citizens instead, or the people listening to religious leaders advocating hate in worst cases. That's what we are heading to. Yes to less corruption, less lobbies and a clean up of the politics. No to being at the mercy of corporations ruling without the regulation of governments or people slipping into obscurantism because religious or charismastic leaders are the only things left as form of authority.

Last edited by Sheba; Yesterday at 06:06.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43   Link #1671
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In snowy Sakhalin
Age: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I college we started to suggest a fourth check and balance via The People due to the Internet allowing people to actually pay attention. It was put down because even with the Internet, people don't have time to be informed about government enough to be that fourth check and balance.
I suggest you watch Gatchaman Crowds Insight which considers the possibility of "direct democracy" over the Internet. It's not a pretty sight.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47   Link #1672
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
My guess is that you get the Boaty McBoatface of policies and lawmaking.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.