AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2006-09-06, 20:43   Link #21
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Just started reading it today.
Really liking it so far (from the first 4 chapters), and I'm gonna keep following the releases.
Really like the characters and the
Spoiler:

Does also remind me quite a bit of One Piece.
Spoiler:

Hoping to see it last some time, as I do like the premise and art style.
Old 2006-09-11, 08:42   Link #22
evil-samurai

Chapter 5 is out! =)

Poor.. Lucy getting rejected, Though I like how she said it "Its Not that, It's just that his Sense of Beauty is kinda Retarded!!" This chapter sets things for a encounter next time and I Guess we will also find out who the two guys in the Shadow are.

The manga is Interesting so far. Dont know what they will do with the story but so far the short adventures are Great! Never wached/Read One Piece though seen pictures around and its similar.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 18:42   Link #23
Prolific

Anybody still reading this? It's gotten up to chapter 20 and it's starting to get really good. Some of Erza and Gray's magic has been revealed as well as more of Natsu's.
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 23:42   Link #24
ShikaShika
無罪

I think I'm up to 19, and while it's enjoyable, it's hard to get a feel for the actual storyline... What's driving the characters? Right now it feels like it's just one mini adventure after another...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 21:03   Link #25
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewtype101 View Post
And here I thought I was the only one who noticed the similarities between the two heros

Seriously though, when I first saw Fairy Tail I thought this was a manga done by Oda-sensei until I saw the giant letters "Hiro Mashima Returns."

The reason that OP and Fairy Tail art style are similar was because. Hiro Mashima and One Piece's Oda both work as assistants under another mangaka, I can't remeber who, but he in turn used to be Akira Toriyama's assistant. Which explains similar styles. And someone already noted that Hiro also helped out Oda with OP back in it's early chapters. But to be fair, both artists come to their own around the sames time as RAVE and OP both serialize around the same time except OP turns out to be a world-wide mega-hit and is breaking records left and right while RAVE is only a very popular series that really didn't make it over beyond Asian boarder......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I think I'm up to 19, and while it's enjoyable, it's hard to get a feel for the actual storyline... What's driving the characters? Right now it feels like it's just one mini adventure after another...

There really isn't a main storyline YET, so far concept is simple, It is a story about a Socerors' Guild, and that is what you do in a guild; you hang around with other members, look for a posted job, goes and do the jobs, than collects you money. I personally think this is one the the charm of the series.

Besides there isn't even a villian in the series yet with exeception of the Darkness Guild that Ersa was working on.

SayanMk's spoiler is mis-leading, so far Jiikurein and Ulteia are only revealed as part of the Soceror's Council that hadles all inter-guild affairs. In fact, the council was going to punish Fairy Tail guild for their careless-mistakes but Jiikurein put in good words for them that stating that while FT is a wild bunch, they are also a group with many talented sorcerors in the first chapter.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 22:09   Link #26
Slayerx

I'm up to chapter 19 myself... and though i never was able to really get into rave, i'm really getting into this series, i really do hope it goes well

Quote:
The reason that OP and Fairy Tail art style are similar was because. Hiro Mashima and One Piece's Oda both work as assistants under another mangaka, I can't remeber who, but he in turn used to be Akira Toriyama's assistant. Which explains similar styles.
Heh, y'know i was kinda wondering about that ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
It's a rather general way to start up a series that's meant to run for a long time... i mean, it's really not any different than the begining of Bleach which was, with ichigo just hunting one hollow after another... These early chapters and adventures are just to gives the readers the raw character backgrounds... we learn about the major players, their abilities, their personalities and all that... It's all just a warm up for the major storyline to come
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:21   Link #27
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

I'm up to 21 and i love it. Just the right type or reading to cure my boredom

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 11:33   Link #28
Prolific

Chapter 21 was pwnage, magic wise. All those big moves impressed those guild master guys.
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 11:57   Link #29
retracnosna

chapter 21 was good, but...
Spoiler:
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:45   Link #30
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler for chapter 22, first signs of an actual storyline?:
Old 2007-02-09, 10:48   Link #31
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler for chapters 24 and 25:
Old 2007-02-21, 20:05   Link #32
passenger

chp 26:Interesting one in order to display the caliber of an S-rank mission.not sure if i understood it right and probably when the official one comes out this one will become ridicolous. Here it is
spoiler for chapter 26
Spoiler:
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:01   Link #33
Tiberium Wolf

Man... I was really fooled by the name of this manga. I thought it was shoujo type manga or something like that. Never knew it was from the autor of Rave.
Old 2007-04-01, 13:36   Link #34
Umaibo

I need to go read chapter 32. Anyway, this series seem to have quite a few plotholes. Its really a shame. =(
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 14:53   Link #35
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
I need to go read chapter 32. Anyway, this series seem to have quite a few plotholes. Its really a shame. =(
Plotholes? like what?

Old 2007-04-02, 03:32   Link #36
ShikaShika
無罪

Yeah, the series doesn't seem to have much of a plot (yet) to begin with, so I fail to see the holes as well. Oh well, at least we found out a little about Grey.
Old 2007-04-02, 23:01   Link #37
TrueKnight

Currently up to chapter 25, and I have to say I like it. Good characters and story, though it's not really plot driven but it's still enjoyable. Natsu is hilarious, I like his relationship with Erza's best.

However, I just couldn't let these out of my head:

- Natsu - Luffy
- Gray - Zorro
- Loki - Sanji
- Lucy - Nami
- Erza/ the black haired girl - Robin
- Happy - Chopper
- etc,

I mean, when I see Natsu and his attitude, basically I saw Luffy.......

Awesome series nonetheless though.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 06:32   Link #38
ShikaShika
無罪

Does the scanslation still use 'Erza'? Her name is right there in the manga as Elsa (can be seen at the betting station when she's about to fight Natsu).
Old 2007-04-03, 07:01   Link #39
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Erza Scarlet sounds better :P
edit:
and Mashima first spelled it as "Erza". (when Mirajane writes her name with the magic pen)
So it's anyone's guess which is the correct spelling since even the mangaka can't be consistent.

Last edited by Majek; 2007-04-03 at 08:43.
Old 2007-04-04, 05:56   Link #40
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
and Mashima first spelled it as "Erza". (when Mirajane writes her name with the magic pen)
Really? Sure, a mangaka can be inconsistent, but that's quite a huge mistake to write a name differently in the span of only a few chapters... Do you know what chapter it was?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen