Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 06:03   Link #521
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
With no doubt, this staff has done a good job. You can feel the love.
I hear the director loves IdolMaster... Wonder how much money he lost from DLC though.
He's a self-confessed IM@S fan(Nishigori-san).

Yukiho is the shy one while Haruka is the energetic one!
twinklestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:04   Link #522
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Miki >3 I hope she'll get more development later on
Quote:
Just a heads up; One of the iDOLM@STER PSP games finally finished getting translated not even half a day ago. The page for it doesn't seem to be updated yet.
None of the girls interest me So maybe I'll pass this one orz

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:27   Link #523
Sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Miki >3 I hope she'll get more development later on

None of the girls interest me So maybe I'll pass this one orz
But dude, dat Yayoi.
Sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:32   Link #524
Unknown Soldier
:D

It says Haruka's route has been translated. Did they also finish Makoto and Yayoi?

Either way, I'm fine with that, they picked the best idol to translate first. :3
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:44   Link #525
Sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It says Haruka's route has been translated. Did they also finish Makoto and Yayoi?

Either way, I'm fine with that, they picked the best idol to translate first. :3
Yeah, they finished. As I said, that page doesn't seem to be updated, but one of the translators uploaded the full patched game on another site I visit. Apparently the e-mails in the game weren't translated though due to various reasons, but everything needed to actually play the game and get the story has been translated.

Of all times, though. I haven't touched my PSP in months, was waiting for the BRS game, so I just happened to let my friend borrow it a few days ago so he could play Queen's Gate, and then this just happens to get finished. Great timing.

Oh well, it's nice though. I've wanted to play the iDOLM@STER games since I bought my 360 back in '06. Took long enough for one of them to get translated.
Old 2011-08-13, 07:09   Link #526
Unknown Soldier

I dunno, I've been playing IM@S SP untranslated. I think it might actually be better to play it untranslated if you're planning on importing IM@S 2 for PS3 because you'll be used to what the moonrunes look like and you'll know what some of the important words are. If this isn't of any use to you, then I guess you can enjoy Harurun, Yayoichi, and Makochin in English. The rival idol on Perfect Sun is Hibiki, and she's a pain in the ass, always calling you a pervert.

It's unlikely there will be fan translation work on IM@S 2 for PS3, simply because it will only work with a firmware released after the various hacks for it were patched out.
Old 2011-08-13, 07:21   Link #527
Sourdough

Quote:
I dunno, I've been playing IM@S SP untranslated. I think it might actually be better to play it untranslated if you're planning on importing IM@S 2 for PS3 because you'll be used to what the moonrunes look like and you'll know what some of the important words are. If this isn't of any use to you, then I guess you can enjoy Harurun, Yayoichi, and Makochin in English. The rival idol on Perfect Sun is Hibiki, and she's a pain in the ass, always calling you a pervert.

It's unlikely there will be fan translation work on IM@S 2 for PS3, simply because it will only work with a firmware released after the various hacks for it were patched out.
Makes me wish I knew moonrunes. The only reason I have any interest in learning it is for VNs pretty much, which is why I haven't even really bothered. It would take years to get fluent, and by that time a lot of the things I would want to play would more than likely already be translated.

Of course, this is just an excuse. I'm just really damn lazy.
Old 2011-08-13, 10:27   Link #528
Corwin_r

Send a message via MSN to Corwin_r
Pretty much remembered everyone's names. Only girls I don't like much are the twins Ami and Mami and I have somewhat of an aversion towards Iori (nothing to do with the fact that she's voiced by KugiRie). Takane, Chihaya, Miki, Haruka and Yayoi are pure olev.
Old 2011-08-13, 11:30   Link #529
Shadow5YA

I've pretty much learned all of the girls' names from just the anime alone, though I never made an effort to which of the twins was which. The only ones I knew beforehand were Haruka because of the iDOLM@STER Break manga and Miki and Chihaya from the Relations manga.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:36   Link #530
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Probably the easiest way to learn all the names in one go. I recommend it.

Haruka: aw yeah
Yayoi: hhnnngg burgers
Ami: yes
Mami: yesss
Iori: aw yeah
Miki: aww yeah
Hibiki: awwwww yeah
Yukiho: aaahhhhhh~
Chihaya: soul survivor
Makoto: sooo fly
Takane: soooo good
Azusa: soooo good #2
Ritsuko: pimp
Otonashi: goddamn
Chief: okay
Producer: come on
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 12:12   Link #531
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Six

Teamwork Aspect
iM@S - An idol unit. Consists of one producer and any number of idols. Let's say three.
Xenoglossia - An iDOL unit. Consists of an operator, a mechanic and a pilot. And a robot, of course.

Ritsuko's New Outfits
iM@S - Gets Ryuuguu Komachi started up. The outfits use a lot of cool colors, intended to please the audience.
Xenoglossia - Gets Haruka and Yukiho into mechanic's outifts. Use a lot of drab colors, intended to get the robots up and running.

Double Booking
iM@S - A substitute is required at another gig, caused by human error.
Xenoglossia - Large space rocks appear and disappear seemingly at random, caused as a trap by a super hacker.

Character Analysis - Iori and Makoto
Now this is interesting. I've done a lot about how different the two Yayois are, but this week, I noticed a key difference in how these two compare. In iM@S, Makoto takes a (flustered) emotional approach towards her work, trying to appear somewhat more girly, and has her moments of nervousness. Iori, on the other hand, seems a little more technical and convinced of her own talent, and as such, she is the one who gets to get a little closer to the stage, being part of Ryuuguu Komachi.

In Xenoglossia, their attitudes towards work are almost entirely reversed. Here, Makoto is the technical one with talent to back it up, who rises to the stage, being the one to pilot Nebula on a regular basis. Iori, on the other hand, believes that iDOLs have a heart, making her more invested in the emotional side of the job.

Final Thoughts
Both shows have a running theme of Haruka being the one to help someone out. In iM@S, her sweets help the Producer realize he needs to believe in his talent more, and helps calm his mind. In Xenoglossia, she helps Imber realize that he needs her, and helps get him moving at all. Haruka's vital no matter where you turn.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 13:40   Link #532
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Another enjoyable ep. Miki saved the day!
Old 2011-08-13, 15:37   Link #533
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
Just a heads up; One of the iDOLM@STER PSP games finally finished getting translated not even half a day ago. The page for it doesn't seem to be updated yet.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...=Idolmaster_SP
They did? NICE! I've been growing tired of fumbling the morning "pep-talk" due to not having a clue what's going on.
Old 2011-08-13, 16:00   Link #534
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
They did? NICE! I've been growing tired of fumbling the morning "pep-talk" due to not having a clue what's going on.
The way your idol responds to what you tell her has a random element. You can tell her the same thing every time she says the same thing to you, and sometimes you'll still get tension down instead of up.

I just reject all her special requests if she has one in the morning, since I don't know what it is that she wants. She probably thinks I'm a harsh Producer.

What really makes me angry about IM@S SP is the stupid "Memory Appeal" thing you do in auditions, I screw it up and get a BAD at least 50% of the time. It's so goddamned annoying.
Old 2011-08-13, 16:12   Link #535
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
The way your idol responds to what you tell her has a random element. You can tell her the same thing every time she says the same thing to you, and sometimes you'll still get tension down instead of up.

I just reject all her special requests if she has one in the morning, since I don't know what it is that she wants. She probably thinks I'm a harsh Producer.

What really makes me angry about IM@S SP is the stupid "Memory Appeal" thing you do in auditions, I screw it up and get a BAD at least 50% of the time. It's so goddamned annoying.
Completely forgot that bit. Yes, the special requests have been screwing me over quite a bit as well.

As for the "Memory Appeal" thing it doesn't bug me much (I'm used to rhythm games and the like). What does bug me is the appeal that you can trigger during the performance that I just can't seem to understand how it works.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:41   Link #536
liro
Super Driver

Spoiler for pic:

Idolm@ster popularity poll in Animate store in Tokyo. Top 5 character results:

1. Yayoi
2. Makoto
3. Miki
4. Chihaya
5. Takane
6. Hibiki
7. Haruka
8. Iori
9. Yukiho
10. Kotori
11. Azusa
12. Ritsuko
13. Mami
14. Ami
Old 2011-08-13, 18:40   Link #537
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm actually rather surprised that Ritsuko came in so far behind everyone. Whatever happened to good old Megane appeal?

And Yayoi...I guess everyone loves that bear burger.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 20:33   Link #538
liro
Super Driver

iDOLM@STER avatars:

Last edited by liro; 2011-08-14 at 11:42.
liro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:15   Link #539
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yayoi at the top? Motherfuckin burgers.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 01:56   Link #540
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Hm. I guess I can see why Yayoi would be at the top. She is adorable.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s