AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-03, 20:29   Link #6181
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Aeon of Isis?
Interesting thought. Her power may be too primeval to classify as one from the Aeon of Osiris.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-11-03, 20:57   Link #6182
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Wait- What?!?! Where did this come from? O.O
Reference to vol.16.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2013-11-06, 18:39   Link #6183
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hmm... Gensei can use esper powers... That's ok... I guess for a Kihara... It's interesting to see Misaki predicted he would use those powers.

There was that nice Kuroko moment.

Touma, Mikoto, Gunha were badass. This is pretty amazing, but still not as good as NT 8 in my opinion. Regardless, this arc is nice. Sigh... It's coming out way too slowly...

Now we kind of know for sure or probably for sure that Mikoto will never become a level 6 unless something big happens... otherwise she'll just disappear... well Wilfreiback was right about that.

Anyway... Yep...
Dear God, the Archangel descended back to Earth.
Welcome back, dniv.
__________________
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 00:25   Link #6184
SilverTalon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
My guess is that level 5.53 is angelic level. Also, now I think Misaka can't get "awakening" wings at all since she's just turning into a living lightning (an elemental?).
Not that I think she will ever awaken on her own, but I don't get why wings are a for sure symbol of awakening at all. I mean theres 2 total characters who have awakened. 1 gained wings. 1 had wings already. Now yes Kakine's grew, but really if you look at just his case, you wouldn't get awaken=wings, you'd probably get awaken=power-up. Though I do agree she is unlikely to ever get awakening wings since she doesn't have them now.
SilverTalon is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 00:41   Link #6185
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
I always assumed that Accelerator's wings were a manifestation of his powers that reflected his personality and the whole "wings=awakening" thing is coincidental.
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 09:48   Link #6186
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
Quote:
Awakening wings
Guys, please stop with this already. Do any of you actually know for sure those words have any meaning?
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 10:40   Link #6187
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Guys, please stop with this already. Do any of you actually know for sure those words have any meaning?
Why stop? do you know for sure that it doesn't have any meaning?
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 11:37   Link #6188
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
^ If the validity of something is uncertain, one should always take the option that benefits him in both cases.
Quote:
I will only do good things. Thus, if hell exists, I won't end up in there. If it doesn't exist, I won't end up in there. 100%

I will only do bad things. Thus, if hell exists, I will end up there. If it doesn't exist, I won't end up in there.
50%
You lose nothing by abstaining yourself from using those words. But you lose credibility, for being responsible of spreading misinformation, by using them while they are wrong.

Well, it's not like I'm the one to be put on trial anyway.
I'm saying I find none, how should I prove that I didn't find something? By quoting every single sentence from the translated work with the words "awakening" and making a full dissertation out of each one of them? I hope not.
For convenience's sake, it should be your job, to prove I'm not good at searching by defining both "awakening" and "wings of awakening" followed by solid arguments and proofs from the source material.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 12:37   Link #6189
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
What kind of a strawman are you using here?

I'm not spreading misinformation, where am I saying that the wings or the "awakening" are significant? I'm not, it's not my point, I'm talking about Mikoto taking a path similar to Accelerator's in her deveolpment toward level 6, and stating what should be a reasonable conclusion (that she isn't) from what we've seen on the manga, using as reference to a fan theory (along with a fan definition), that could or could not be right, but it's still works as a reference. It's not my job to prove it. Hell, it's a theory, at this point it can't be proven, but there is no proof to the contrary yet.

What I cannot see is why it being unproven is an impediment for discussion. By that logic no one should talk about the posibility of Aogami being the 6th level five or Misaki being Touma's childhood friend. I really doubt the latter, but I don't go ballistic every time someone talks about it. So why don't you chill it?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ If the validity of something is uncertain, one should always take the option that benefits him in both cases.
It has nothing to do with my point, but I also disagree with that, that's just being too scared of being wrong, and thus too scared to take a decision/form an opinion (and there are far too many uncertainties in life)

Last edited by leukrota; 2013-11-10 at 12:54.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 14:27   Link #6190
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
^ tl;dr version : Yeah, I get that. However, it's the very fact of people using it as a reference to support their own theory is what I think is wrong. You don't use opinions to support those kind of predictions, you use facts. Using unproven theories (opinions) for that purpose is putting them on the same rank as facts. That's what I meant by "misinformation".

Spoiler for long version:

Heh? Aogami being a level 6 is on the level of a running gag. And is there anyone out there who actually uses the Misaki being Touma's childhood friend theory to support a serious theory?
And it's not like I was saying X related discussion should be forbidden, I'm actually welcoming discussions with both my hands open. I'm saying we shouldn't use X inside them like done above, it's misleading.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with my point, but I also disagree with that, that's just being too scared of being wrong, and thus too scared to take a decision/form an opinion (and there are far too many uncertainties in life).
I'm begging you on my knees to stop that. That sounds just like me, and it hurts like hell hearing that sort of thing from someone else.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 14:46   Link #6191
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Ok, well, you're reading too much into the wings statement, but I apologize for unintentionally making it misleading. I didn't think it could be taken so strongly.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-11-10, 15:21   Link #6192
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ tl;dr version : Yeah, I get that. However, it's the very fact of people using it as a reference to support their own theory is what I think is wrong. You don't use opinions to support those kind of predictions, you use facts. Using unproven theories (opinions) for that purpose is putting them on the same rank as facts. That's what I meant by "misinformation".

Spoiler for long version:

Heh? Aogami being a level 6 is on the level of a running gag. And is there anyone out there who actually uses the Misaki being Touma's childhood friend theory to support a serious theory?
And it's not like I was saying X related discussion should be forbidden, I'm actually welcoming discussions with both my hands open. I'm saying we shouldn't use X inside them like done above, it's misleading.


I'm begging you on my knees to stop that. That sounds just like me, and it hurts like hell hearing that sort of thing from someone else.
yeah theirs been allot of fans believing misaki might be kamijou childhood friend(unlikely) ever since the pairing became very popular. its obvious they met around academy city but certainly not that long ago i bet.
Goldzero is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 05:54   Link #6193
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
^ Nai, nai. I repeat I'm theory friendly myself.
What people thinks or believes shouldn't be a bother to anyone as long as what should be taken as personal opinions legitimately keep that status. What's politically incorrect is when one starts to place those said opinions in the same pedestal as hard facts (without proving it). And it tickles off my obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 06:31   Link #6194
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
yeah theirs been allot of fans believing misaki might be kamijou childhood friend(unlikely) ever since the pairing became very popular. its obvious they met around academy city but certainly not that long ago i bet.
Let me correct you about this. It's unlikely that he met her a few months before Index series began. It can be even longer than that. And, if you consider that she was able to find the right spot to bypass his IB's influence, it's most likely that she wasn't knew that by knowing jack-sh!ts from any scientific analysis, since those research attempts on him will always bound to failure in results. And it's rather came from her long-term interaction with him. So, there could be a possibility that Misaki was turned out to be Touma's childhood friend. As well as the only person Misaki can talk with if you include the fact that she trusts no one but Touma alone.

(Not trying to sugarcoat things with the word 'relationship' )
Xero8420 is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 08:52   Link #6195
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Since he's a high school student who been in Academy city since he was about 5, while she is a older middle school student (I'm guessing there 2 year age gap or so, nothing major) there's about a 10 year period of pre memory loss Touma she could have been buddies with him in.

Taking it on a more speculative note however, there hints in the first novel with Touma lamenting his lack of luck with girls a few times...yet in the more recent novels and manga Misaki clearly has a thing for Touma and clearly knows who he is.

Which begs the question why?

And the two more obvious answers are, they were friends at age when romance was 'yucky' and lost contact, or they did date and had a huge failing out over something, the most likely point being Misaki power use (she goes on about her power having a 'price' at one point, perhaps that price was Touma?)
Draco Spirit is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 09:48   Link #6196
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Sometimes I wonder if Misaki is just a stalker and what we're all interpreting as proof they knew each other, is just stuff she figured out from watching him. They could have only spoken once or twice and she's just obsessed with him.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 09:59   Link #6197
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I guess we know the truth eventually, she's obviously going to be major plot point relevant at some point and the author just teasing us with bits of information till then!
Draco Spirit is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 20:19   Link #6198
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
there could be a possibility that Misaki was turned out to be Touma's childhood friend.
Meh, them being childhood friend is bordering on Epileptic Trees. It's more of what the fans want then being based on evidence. Acquaintances? Sure. Friends? Why not. Childhood friends? Then someone will have to explain this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaki
“But you are always like this. Perhaps that is the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or our paths cross, the answer is always the same. Saying this will probably make you angry just like back then, but perhaps that is my punishment for having this power. After all, these repeated coincidences cannot be explained logically☆”
to me, because it doesn't exactly scream ''CHILDHOOD FRIENDS'', does it?

In my opinion, the childhood friend theory is dead and gone, time to move on to more interesting guesses, for example, what if Touma Falcon Punched Misaki?
__________________
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-11-20 at 07:42.
allfictions is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 21:55   Link #6199
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Spoiler for Yup, off-topic alright:


On another note, does anyone have an idea of what the next arc of Railgun will be? Cause, as much as I enjoy this one, it dragged on for quite a long time. If someone had told me at the beginning that Guhna would show up and team up with Touma, who himself serves as a support for Misaki, to bring down a almostLevel 6 Mikoto created by Grandpa Kihara, I would have thrown them a weird look, ''Dude, are you high?''-style.

Will Railgun cross path with Index again, or will it go for another, completely unrelated arc?
__________________
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-11-11 at 22:15.
allfictions is offline  
Old 2013-11-11, 22:03   Link #6200
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Meh, them being childhood friend is bordering on Epileptic Trees. It's more of what the fans want then being based on evidence. Acquaintances? Sure. Friends? Why not. Childhood friends? Then someone will have to explain this:



to me, because it doesn't exactly scream ''CHILDHOOD FRIENDS'', does it?

In my opinion, the childhood friend theory is dead and gone, time to move on to more interesting guesses, for example, what if Touma Falcon Punched Misaki?
i don't really care on how the situation goes on how long they known each other but the childhood friend theory is as strong as ever. not sure if it well die down any soon but then again misaki popularity seems to be dieing down since fanarts of her are rarely coming in now(just speculations on her popularity).
Goldzero is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.