AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-04, 17:40   Link #2161
Flere821
Lurker

I finally got around to reading the White Day SS, and LOL If/when Index series does get that far in the timeline, I seriously hope Kamachi does do a three-parter for this event
Old 2014-02-04, 18:00   Link #2162
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I mean it's max 4 months... but yeah, I see your point.
Actually, it's more like an average of 4 months.
There was an excruciating 7 month gap between the releases of NT4 and NT5.
Old 2014-02-04, 19:25   Link #2163
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Wait I didn't know that. I don't think I started reading the series yet when that happened. No wonder I didn't know about it.

On Wikipedia, I always saw the same months each year for the release of the books and assumed they came out every four months.

(I guess it could also be any factor of 12... but 4 is probably the most reasonable...)
Old 2014-02-05, 05:39   Link #2164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There was a period when Intelivilla came out that the pattern was disrupted.

That year, there wasn't a Heavy Object volume and they only produced two Index volumes, SS not included.
Old 2014-02-05, 08:17   Link #2165
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Eh? I never realized it was this long.
Old 2014-02-05, 09:32   Link #2166
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There was a period when Intelivilla came out that the pattern was disrupted.

That year, there wasn't a Heavy Object volume and they only produced two Index volumes, SS not included.
It was 2012. Only NT4 and NT5 were released that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Eh? I never realized it was this long.
NT4: March 10, 2012
NT5: October 10, 2012
Old 2014-02-05, 10:22   Link #2167
LG-MAX

unfortunately it was confirmed that we will not have the vol 10 in April. sad.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:35   Link #2168
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
unfortunately it was confirmed that we will not have the vol 10 in April. sad.
Do we know when, or do we just know it's not in April?
Old 2014-02-05, 15:03   Link #2169
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Gathering all of their comments together seemed to suggest that, while Kamijou was drunk on February 14, he had travelled around the world, resolved incidents that had put the fates of nations on the line, and saved girls’ lives left and right. It was hard to believe, but it had to be the case if they were all insisting it was.

So being drunk the a certain "Fukou da" stundent turns into a womanizing TouMAN capable of globetrottering the world in a single day , seducing any female be it saint espers nuns clones magic side angels or science side angels etc etc

and its OVER 9000 !!

WTF sex cult !!???
Old 2014-02-05, 16:32   Link #2170
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, I was rereading NT8 during my commute, and I noticed this off-hand remark:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
“Don’t be so afraid. This is just a trick. It’s not like I’m damaging another phase and throwing it into heaven or hell. Not even I can do that.
Which makes me wonder...how much of GREMLIN was privy to the information about the world's phases? Fenrir, for one, seems to be privy to it. Moreover...how much of the remainder of the magic side was privy to this information?
Old 2014-02-05, 18:12   Link #2171
Acer
Death to the infidels!

in Accelerator manga also was not talking about "phases"? perhaps the concept of "phases" is not secret, may be similar to the concept of a level 6, people have an idea of ​​what is, only there are no witnesses known)

Last edited by Acer; 2014-02-05 at 18:28.
Old 2014-02-05, 18:15   Link #2172
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
in Accelerator manga also was not talking about "phases"? perhaps the concept of "phases" is not secret, may be similar to the concept of a level 6, people have an idea of ​​what is, only there are no witnesses (known)
I think this valid comparison, this only adds to the importance of Touma in the world to have witnessed it.

Last edited by LG-MAX; 2014-02-05 at 18:31.
Old 2014-02-05, 23:27   Link #2173
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Gathering all of their comments together seemed to suggest that, while Kamijou was drunk on February 14, he had travelled around the world, resolved incidents that had put the fates of nations on the line, and saved girls’ lives left and right. It was hard to believe, but it had to be the case if they were all insisting it was.

So being drunk the a certain "Fukou da" stundent turns into a womanizing TouMAN capable of globetrottering the world in a single day , seducing any female be it saint espers nuns clones magic side angels or science side angels etc etc

and its OVER 9000 !!

WTF sex cult !!???
That's Out TouMAN. Is he gone bishonen XD
Old 2014-02-06, 01:22   Link #2174
OH&S
Countdown to Index III: 3

The first part of Graduation SS has been translated.
Quote:
Accelerator yawned disinterestedly.
“Can’t that principal hurry up and die?”
“That type of person always lives the longest. You’re the perfect example.”
“Oh, c’mon. I know spouting bullshit is your specialty, but that’s going too far.”
“…”
“…”
Kamijou Touma and Accelerator glared at each other and each threw a punch with their full strength.
I have the biggest smile on my face right now.

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!
Old 2014-02-06, 06:57   Link #2175
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The first part of Graduation SS has been translated.

I have the biggest smile on my face right now.
OH YEAH! I get wat you meant
Old 2014-02-06, 11:03   Link #2176
dniv
Season 3

I'm combing NT 9 for possibly relevant information in the future, so here are some things that stood out to me. There's a lot.

Spoiler for Length:

Apparently, there were a lot more that I failed at copying and pasting and now don't have but would especially like to mention the Misaka Mikoto reference we've gotten twice now in NT 7, NT 9 that she'll build a super powerful weapon/mecha by amassing a lot of things together.

Also the Index is a last boss theme has popped up a few times, NT 8, NT 9.

Finally, NT 9 had so many references to Mars, and desert planet/desert/planet that was nice and then got destroyed that I'm getting suspicious. I think Birdway also mentioned Mars/Moon before in one of the side-stories, so this may be referring to something else.

Also, we finally got a ghost reference from Will-san so I'm expecting ghosts soon.

When I find the rest, I'll put it up...

Last edited by dniv; 2014-02-06 at 11:31.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:44   Link #2177
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
NT4: March 10, 2012
NT5: October 10, 2012
Oh? I never realized it was this long.
Old 2014-02-06, 13:29   Link #2178
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Also the Index is a last boss theme has popped up a few times, NT 8, NT 9.

Finally, NT 9 had so many references to Mars, and desert planet/desert/planet that was nice and then got destroyed that I'm getting suspicious. I think Birdway also mentioned Mars/Moon before in one of the side-stories, so this may be referring to something else.

Also, we finally got a ghost reference from Will-san so I'm expecting ghosts soon.
Index being the last boss is just a joke. Of course, the library can be used by countless villains to be, but Index herself is of no concern (so long she is well fed )

The Mars/Moon thing... dunno. I guess it is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Kamachi tends to leave too many red herrings lying around, only to pick again one or two to use for real once in a while.

On the other hand, if we connect that with the windowless building possibly being a spaceship... hell, maybe I'm starting to buy it, but let's leave that for further on.

On Will-chan and ghosts, maybe she's talking about Hyouka? she's quite "ectoplasmic" if you ask me. It would be good to know what's going on with her, since she has been kinda "offline" lately. Of course, that may be cause she's very related to Aleister's plan, and he seems to be prowling in the shadows, biding his time...

But for the next volume... I wonder if Touma is going to be seen like a "Darth Vader" by his former allies... I would love to see something like that... Or will they blame Hothinus and say she seduced brainwashed him ?
Old 2014-02-06, 14:51   Link #2179
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Index being the last boss is just a joke. Of course, the library can be used by countless villains to be, but Index herself is of no concern (so long she is well fed )
Unless Laura sics Pendex on Touma for not sticking to the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But for the next volume... I wonder if Touma is going to be seen like a "Darth Vader" by his former allies... I would love to see something like that... Or will they blame Hothinus and say she seduced brainwashed him ?
I'm going with option two. They know Touma isn't easily swayed. Mikoto will totally blame Misaki for this, though

As for predictions, I've said it before, but this volume will probably show who's really in Touma's side, that is, the real members of the Kamijou Faction.
Old 2014-02-06, 15:25   Link #2180
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I'm going with option two. They know Touma isn't easily swayed. Mikoto will totally blame Misaki for this, though

As for predictions, I've said it before, but this volume will probably show who's really in Touma's side, that is, the real members of the Kamijou Faction.
Mikoto will realize the possibility that Touma may have a thing for blondes (Leivinia, Othinus, Misaki, etc.) and will decide to dye her hair in order to try and suit his tastes while doing the whole tsundere routine. Such is the path of a pure tsundere maiden.

Tags
novel predictions