AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-28, 13:57   Link #6541
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
the black sphere was definitely a supernatural power, if not the IB would have been destroyed.

Honestly, I compare the situation of this chapter with what happened ..


Spoiler for Index side:

Last edited by LG-MAX; 2014-03-28 at 14:19.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 15:21   Link #6542
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
^ W-what? No, in-spoiler is a completely different case. On one hand, it was shown in here that IB negated something before getting pushed back. On the other hand, IB couldn't negate that thing in-spoiler at all.

Quote:
What matters is that IB was intact even after touching the black sphere.
Okay now, I'm lost. What do you mean by "IB is intact"?
I mean, IB is something ethereal we can't even see, so what are you guys trying to say?
I assume you're talking about the right hand.
Secondly, how can you guys tell his right hand was still intact anyway?
From that single panel where it was sent flying? Unless you have 4th wall breaking X-ray eyes that permitted you to confirm that his right hand's bones weren't in pieces, I honestly think you shouldn't take things like that for granted. Coupled with the ability to confirm that there was no damage done to the skin either, of course.
Spoiler for To make it (my post) shorter:
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 16:37   Link #6543
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Okay now, I'm lost. What do you mean by "IB is intact"?
Touma put his right palm in the black sphere, and as his arm went flying, the palm was visibly intact, I mean it showed no signs of injury, there was blood coming out or signs that had broken, I am making a description of what the picture shows, if we begin with "if", then this discussion will last longer than One Piece.

IB = power that resides inside of the right hand, it is natural to think that if it comes in contact with a supernatural power and the right hand does not get injured, it is intact.

Quote:
^ W-what? No, in-spoiler is a completely different case. On one hand, it was shown in here that IB negated something before getting pushed back. On the other hand, IB couldn't negate that thing in-spoiler at all.
I did not understand why what happens in this chapter can not be compared to
Spoiler for Index side:


Quote:
He gently touched the sphere instead of waving his hand like he usually does against massive powered phenomenons. No wonder his arm got ripped off.
is important to remember that before vol 20, Touma did not know how to properly defend himself from large masses of supernatural power.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 21:15   Link #6544
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 25
I just read the chapter and that little moment with Touma's talk to Mikoto was just so sweet. But now...Mikoto has Touma's sweaty coat...
*five seconds later*
Mikoto-*sniff**sniff**inhale*

Oh yeah...and on the topic of the Black Sphere attack, LevelSeven is somewhat right. It's more like Accelerator's plasma attack during the Sisters Arc...wow...what's with that parallel?
Are all Level 6 shifts supposed to end in the subject creating a superdestructive attack?
__________________
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 22:47   Link #6545
SilverTalon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
the black sphere was definitely a supernatural power, if not the IB would have been destroyed.

Honestly, I compare the situation of this chapter with what happened ..
Ok, well we have it stated very directly that it wasn't an esper power. Are you saying the sphere was magic? That sounds like quite the stretch. It not being an esper power pretty much says that it is NOT a supernatural power because there is absolutely nothing to suggest magic was involved at all.

Its probably a natural phenomenon created as a result of something supernatural and not supernatural itself which is why she said it isn't an esper power and why IB didn't do anything. So since it was mentioned, think Curtana's actual attack which IB doesn't work on (or Accel's already mentioned plasma).
SilverTalon is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 22:55   Link #6546
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
open your mind, buddy, not everything in this world (or from another world that comes to the Universe To aru) needs to be esper power or magic, we have IB like evidence and the other powers of Touma (probably), this black sphere may well be an unknown supernatural power.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 22:56   Link #6547
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Ok, well we have it stated very directly that it wasn't an esper power. Are you saying the sphere was magic? That sounds like quite the stretch. It not being an esper power pretty much says that it is NOT a supernatural power because there is absolutely nothing to suggest magic was involved at all.

Its probably a natural phenomenon created as a result of something supernatural and not supernatural itself which is why she said it isn't an esper power and why IB didn't do anything. So since it was mentioned, think Curtana's actual attack which IB doesn't work on (or Accel's already mentioned plasma).
It was a phase power from the aeon of Horus? She was at level 5.5 or so.... I'm guessing level 6 is beyond just science...
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 23:02   Link #6548
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
I think you're exaggerating a bit.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 23:06   Link #6549
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I think you're exaggerating a bit.
Fine,

Just read the chapter, one second ago.

It's not Horus.

Perhaps it has to do with some secret with desire just like Hiss13 said with the Accelerator plasma ball. There's likely some connection there.

Also, Gunha seeing the dragon was the best thing ever, and Mikoto's expression was hilarious. And yes, she was not naked.

That was the best chapter ever!!!

I still don't know what she meant by isn't an esper power, but I find that intriguing...
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-03-28, 23:27   Link #6550
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
I do not understand this fixation of yours to Touma see Mikoto naked. I must be a pure boy.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 01:37   Link #6551
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
^^ MAYBE only maybe this was a small foreshadowing of a divine power similar with accels wings, if this is the case than i can also understand why IB couldnt stand against it for a second.... i mean his white ones, we already saw that his black ones can be partially negated...

which lets me think white wing > Level xx mikoto (because accel could use a inexplicable power and was mostly sane) > black wings (because IB could negate b.w. but not black sphere....
LevelSeven is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 12:21   Link #6552
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^^ MAYBE only maybe this was a small foreshadowing of a divine power similar with accels wings, if this is the case than i can also understand why IB couldnt stand against it for a second.... i mean his white ones, we already saw that his black ones can be partially negated...

which lets me think white wing > Level xx mikoto (because accel could use a inexplicable power and was mostly sane) > black wings (because IB could negate b.w. but not black sphere....
also have to take into account the scale of power, not only the type, as I said before, Touma has already been launched for hundreds of meters and IB could not take even a second when he was confronted with an intense blast of Telesma in Index. and we all know he can destroy weapons of Telesma, but in that situation the IB failed.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 15:20   Link #6553
desrtsku
Nympholept
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wonderland.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
Touma put his right palm in the black sphere, and as his arm went flying, the palm was visibly intact, I mean it showed no signs of injury, there was blood coming out or signs that had broken, I am making a description of what the picture shows, if we begin with "if", then this discussion will last longer than One Piece.
It actually showed no sign of being "uninjured" either. By that I meant that you really can't tell. That was the point I was making.


Spoiler for I'm not fond of long posts:
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 16:36   Link #6554
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
LOL, that was a nice expression for Mikoto (and Touma) upon seeing the reattached and unscathed arm.

Next frame they seem to be going: - Just what are you? - Don't ask me

So... what IS that metal at the end? something related to Mitori? or something else? At any rate, seems like everything is still not quite "settled".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Are all Level 6 shifts supposed to end in the subject creating a superdestructive attack?
I would presume that is the case for all unstable shifts. Meaning that probably only Accelerator or Kakine would be able to do so without that super/selfdestructing "attack"
leukrota is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 16:48   Link #6555
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
wouldn't that black stuff be made out of the same thing as the black wings? dark matter or something like that.

wouldn't all that metal on the ground at the end be the shadow metal the girls were after at the beginning of the arc?
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 17:09   Link #6556
tms
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I think it's so refreshing how deep Mikoto understands her own powers. She knew exactly was going on as soon as she gain consciousness again even if it's something that she never had experienced before.
tms is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 17:20   Link #6557
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
So shadow metal!?

Yeah, it could be, I had completely forgotten about it.

... Then I guess the arc is indeed settled and we are moving on to the epilogue next chapter.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 17:22   Link #6558
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
So shadow metal!?

Yeah, it could be, I had completely forgotten about it.

... Then I guess the arc is indeed settled and we are moving on to the epilogue next chapter.
For some reason Saten's crazy ideas always turn out to be true at the end.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 17:37   Link #6559
tms
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
For some reason Saten's crazy ideas always turn out to be true at the end.
Nah, just that all urban legends have truth to them.

Oh also what I want is a fast forward to be closer to the Index novels. It's so ridiculous how far behind they are it makes the events of the manga have less impact on the readers. Even though this arc was fantastic, can't wait still they animate it.
tms is offline  
Old 2014-03-29, 18:19   Link #6560
Birdway
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012


Birdway is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.