AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 00:18   Link #81
zack sager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I can totally see where this is going. Kill the duelist and add the shinki to his harem.
haha i like that
zack sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 00:58   Link #82
merpati

it seems the protagonist is proficient in multiple types of weapon, if he gets other shinki support maybe he can use their duelist weapon. i kinda bored of sword haha...
merpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 00:58   Link #83
Brin A'sair

Since many of my comments might be spoiler-ish regarding recent reveals, I will cloak them all in a spoiler block.

Spoiler:

As for a harem forming, somehow I do not see that happening: neither Tina nor Kaya has shown any interest in romance (although they do seem to want a big-brother figure in their lives). On the other hand, this is only the first volume, so perhaps after another 2-4 volumes the situation will be different. Then again, I have to admit that I am hopeful for Franka.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 03:36   Link #84
havensgate
skull one

i havent check B-T for a while, and guess what i found hehe...

@nandesuto : you rock man!! totally rock, thank you for the chapter
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 11:28   Link #85
Hiyono

To all who were wondering: Yes, I plan on translating volume 2, though I'm thinking of taking a quick break before I start.

As a teaser, though, here's the preface for v2:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-14, 12:01   Link #86
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
To all who were wondering: Yes, I plan on translating volume 2, though I'm thinking of taking a quick break before I start.

As a teaser, though, here's the preface for v2:
Spoiler:
a teaser indeed...

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:17   Link #87
Breimoon

my guess on the shniki thing
Spoiler for end vol 1:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:21   Link #88
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

^My thought was, yuuki's forced to do that in order to save his shinki....

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Old 2014-06-14, 12:39   Link #89
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
yeah, in order to not get it permanently killed
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:57   Link #90
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
@nandesuto
you sir, you are a men amongst the man, thank you very much for the hard work
You misplaced the 'e' and 'a' here

Quote:
@topic
so the moon shiki is just a innocent girl while her duelist is that kind of bastard...i don't see her having a good ending even though the little she talked she was really cute.
this thing of killing each other to save the world is bullshit this is another thing that won't end well.

i'm looking forward to volume 2,i hope you do it nandesuto
It makes me wonder, If the Shinkis are so receptive to the divine energy in the artificial objects, then what about the life forms? When a Shinki is revered as a god, shouldn't it be possible for them to at least sense the energy in others? They do absorb the energy after all.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 14:13   Link #91
zack sager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
You misplaced the 'e' and 'a' here

It makes me wonder, If the Shinkis are so receptive to the divine energy in the artificial objects, then what about the life forms? When a Shinki is revered as a god, shouldn't it be possible for them to at least sense the energy in others? They do absorb the energy after all.
i agree you think they would know were the other shinki are and also the duelist as they all have the strongest energy source the dragon fang gems
Old 2014-06-14, 15:17   Link #92
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack sager View Post
i agree you think they would know were the other shinki are and also the duelist as they all have the strongest energy source the dragon fang gems
Jahar's comment to Kaya in the epilogue makes it sound like it's very rare for the Shinki to leave their temples. In Kaya and Tina's case, they have such small stores of divine energy that you probably wouldn't notice them anyway. As for the Duelists, their weapons generally don't have physical form; I'd imagine that prevents them from being tracked.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:20   Link #93
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
You misplaced the 'e' and 'a' here .
leave me alone hahahahah (just made the correction, thanks )

@nandesuto

yeah man looking forward to volume 2 then, thanks for the teaser
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 18:27   Link #94
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
I'm not convinced of this. How would it save her?
Spoiler for reasons:

Thus I tend to think that his slaying of her was not due to some wish to somehow "save" her but instead
Spoiler:

Considering how completely Kaya seems to be manipulated (or at least lead around) by her Duelist, I wonder whether the same is more or less true of the other Shinki. Perhaps all of this strife between them is more due to their Duelists and the expectations of their Oath Legions than due to the Shinki themselves. Recall, Tina states that she awoke knowing that she must "defeat" the other Shinki - not that she must "kill" the other Shinki. It may be sophistry, but it may also be an important clue. We won't really know until we get a better idea of what the other 4 Shinki are like.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 19:39   Link #95
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

hmm..., for example, she doesnt want to die in other shinki and their duelist hands, except yuuki, her duelist alone...

[Sauce]
Old 2014-06-14, 22:12   Link #96
zack sager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Jahar's comment to Kaya in the epilogue makes it sound like it's very rare for the Shinki to leave their temples. In Kaya and Tina's case, they have such small stores of divine energy that you probably wouldn't notice them anyway. As for the Duelists, their weapons generally don't have physical form; I'd imagine that prevents them from being tracked.
that dose make sense as the other shinki have adventures getting there relikas for them and now that you say it the fang weapons do just pop out due to the users will so the weapons are probably is another dimension until called upon
Old 2014-06-14, 22:32   Link #97
Jirachier

Thanks for the chapter.
I hope that Tina will stop interfering in the fights of Yuuki, she can keep saying stuff like she's a shinki and she needs to do her duty, but the same argument can be made against her saying that Yuuki's job as a duelist is to fight for shinkis, not get helped by them, and either way it's just annoying to add bits of her setting up barrier and Franka too just so they can seem useful,I hope they get other things to do instead of interfering in fights.
That and I hope Yuuki will get back his own Holy Shield somehow, it would suck if he's the only duelist without one.
I am also curious to learn who was Yuuki's shinki and how she died at his hands, it's the newest shinki besides Tina I'm gonna guess his shinki was also the moon one.
Old 2014-06-15, 01:42   Link #98
Iron Maw
Banned

vol 1

Finally caught up! Man these chapters are long. This was good read, thanks a lot for being this to our and translating it Nandesuto.

I actually like the fact that Yuuki didn't entirely give up his merchant life-style which makes him one of the more unique LN protags, but as others have said it's shame that his Dragon Fang Gem couldn't been something other than another bog standard Infinite+1 Sword. *sigh*

So it seems like most my predictions about Sefan were right saved for him dying and Yuuki getting his spear. Well more half correct on the later. Didn't expect Bertolt to get a bit of character development though. The twist about Jahar and truth behind the Shinki's existence is also quite interesting and promises some excitement in the future, but rather contradictory. There is definitely something at odds with system especially given the legend about the Heavenly King and his five Shinkis.

Nonetheless my interest has pique so it's t say I'm looking forward to more Shinikilander: The Reckoning in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Thanks for the chapter.
I hope that Tina will stop interfering in the fights of Yuuki, she can keep saying stuff like she's a shinki and she needs to do her duty, but the same argument can be made against her saying that Yuuki's job as a duelist is to fight for shinkis, not get helped by them, and either way it's just annoying to add bits of her setting up barrier and Franka too just so they can seem useful,I hope they get other things to do instead of interfering in fights.
That and I hope Yuuki will get back his own Holy Shield somehow, it would suck if he's the only duelist without one.
I am also curious to learn who was Yuuki's shinki and how she died at his hands, it's the newest shinki besides Tina I'm gonna guess his shinki was also the moon one.
She if hadn't acted he would have had died. Besides Tina wasn't interfering she was teaming up with Yuuki to takedown the monster.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 07:30   Link #99
Jirachier

Quote:
She if hadn't acted he would have had died. Besides Tina wasn't interfering she was teaming up with Yuuki to takedown the monster.
That is interfering when it's a one-on-one, she can still be an important character by doing miracles, healing people and the likes, but leave the fighting to Yuuki. Teaming up is just another name for interfering.
Old 2014-06-15, 07:38   Link #100
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
That is interfering when it's a one-on-one, she can still be an important character by doing miracles, healing people and the likes, but leave the fighting to Yuuki. Teaming up is just another name for interfering.
What a weird view point. So if she contributes to battles its interfering?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote