AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 2 3.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-22, 04:33   Link #221
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Genocide...
But would her death or their deaths have stopped it somehow?
Old 2015-03-22, 04:38   Link #222
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
But would her death or their deaths have stopped it somehow?
Would she preffered to life knowing that this idiot did all that just becassue he was obsessed with her? I say no.
Slaine clearly knew that he was shitting on her with the things he is doing. That's why he was so afraid of her waking up. He knew she would never agree with his nonsense.
And again. There is no petty excuse that can justifcy what Slaine did.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:45   Link #223
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Would she preffered to life knowing that this idiot did all that just becassue he was obsessed with her? I say no.
Slaine clearly knew that he was shitting on her with the things he is doing. That's why he was so afraid of her waking up. He knew she would never agree with his nonsense.
Asseylum participated in a real war, she was present on the battlefield, he witnessed the devastation and lower than a cause war, he felt on the skin which is fighting for his life on the side of the oppressed, and has fewer military resources.
Unlike another character who spent most of the time, in his castle and in the few minutes that went out to battle, was in his super robot that foresaw the future.
It's different you participate in a live war, than
indirectly as a political, sitting in his office.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:46   Link #224
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
He most likely started out thinking they'd figure something out when she wakes up. But as he says himself, he stopped believing she would wake up and despair drove him into the dark place. He wasn't using Lemrina because he enjoyed it, he was doing it to secure his spot.

So it's logical: at first he is full of hope but then he has to do bad things in order to win this game and he is starting to wonder if she is going to hate him for it and it makes him even more desperate and bitter and he does worse things and finally he snaps and thinks, *** it all, I'll do it all my way and I don't care if she doesn't like it, because I can't afford to care anymore. Because to stop now is to kill her. To lose now is to kill her.

But she should prefer to live anyway. Because if she is alive, she can do something to make things better. If she is dead, she can't do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Unlike another character who spent most of the time, in his castle and in the few minutes that went out to battle, was in his super robot that foresaw the future.
It's different you participate in a live war, than
indirectly as a political, sitting in his office.
During the famous Bat + Orange scene was he also in his super robot not risking anything?
Old 2015-03-22, 04:49   Link #225
monster

Quote:
and finally he snaps and thinks, *** it all, I'll do it all my way and I don't care if she doesn't like it, because I can't afford to care anymore.
And that's exactly why Asseylum's priority should be to get a ceasefire first. Had he complied, then she could've dealt with his problem more thoroughly.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:53   Link #226
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
They used something very similar to your description, a few years ago in MyAnimeList, the epoch they tried to justify the character Suzako the description was very alike.
Really?

Well it's pure coincidence, I can assure.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2015-03-22, 04:53   Link #227
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And that's exactly why Asseylum's priority should be to get a ceasefire first. Had he complied, then she could've dealt with his problem more thoroughly.
It makes zero sense to call for a ceasefire without knowing the current situation on the battlefield. Which neither the little maid nor Lemrina are truly aware of.
Who's winning? Who's losing? Are they currently under attack? How can you just stop firing in the middle of a fight without even looking at your opponent? It can be political suicide too.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:55   Link #228
monster

Quote:
It makes zero sense to call for a ceasefire without knowing the current situation on the battlefield. Which neither the little maid nor Lemrina are truly aware of.
Who's winning? Who's losing? Are they currently under attack? How can you just stop firing in the middle of a fight without even looking at your opponent? It can be political suicide too.
Again, if he had complied, then he could've explained the situation to her, just like Cruhteo Jr. did this episode.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:55   Link #229
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
During the famous Bat + Orange scene was he also in his super robot not risking anything?
The training robot Aldnoah without power and magic powers.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:56   Link #230
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
He most likely started out thinking they'd figure something out when she wakes up. But as he says himself, he stopped believing she would wake up and despair drove him into the dark place. He wasn't using Lemrina because he enjoyed it, he was doing it to secure his spot.
Doesn't justify his deeds.
Quote:
So it's logical: at first he is full of hope but then he has to do bad things in order to win this game and he is starting to wonder if she is going to hate him for it and it makes him even more desperate and bitter and he does worse things and finally he snaps and thinks, *** it all, I'll do it all my way and I don't care if she doesn't like it, because I can't afford to care anymore. Because to stop now is to kill her. To lose now is to kill her.
Doesn't justify his deeds.

He wanted to take part in this game. He willingly played allong.

So you see. "There is no petty excuse that can justify what Slaine did."

Quote:
But she should prefer to live anyway. Because if she is alive, she can do something to make things better. If she is dead, she can't do anything.
Well, she has to clean up the mess Slaine made.

Quote:
You mean his super Robot that can predict the future...
Old 2015-03-22, 05:07   Link #231
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Really?

Well it's pure coincidence, I can assure.
yes, maybe people with the same ideas
Old 2015-03-22, 05:17   Link #232
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

People still defending Slaine's atrocious acts by blaming Asseylum? Really?
Old 2015-03-22, 05:22   Link #233
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
People still defending Slaine's atrocious acts by blaming Asseylum? Really?
I find it hard not to facepalm when I read one of these posts.

Spoiler for RC:

When I read something like this, i can only facepalm and shake my head because of how absurd this sounds.
Old 2015-03-22, 06:09   Link #234
ReddyRedWolf

I think understanding would be inadequate to reconcile Earth and Mars.

Earth may not be in a forgiving mood.

On Vers side there would be always fanatics.

Aldnoah tech would not solve food and water problems Vers has.

Asseylum may have to pull a real politik by giving Earth Aldonoah rights and technology. This whole conflict started because her grandfather kept the tech for himself and wanted dominion over humanity as he doesn't trust anybody with it.

Like Zeon Vers would have anti-Earth holdouts post war.

Earth will definitely ask for the heads of nobles that committed genocide.
Old 2015-03-22, 06:10   Link #235
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
I find it hard not to facepalm when I read one of these posts.

Spoiler for RC:

When I read something like this, i can only facepalm and shake my head because of how absurd this sounds.

Spoiler for Anonymous:

Old 2015-03-22, 06:23   Link #236
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Then I think your expectations were greatly misplaced. The ED hinted at what would most likely be the focus of this season and so far it's been pretty spot on. Given that their so called rivalry is due to Asseylum, it stands to reason that the romance subplot would gain more spotlight than it did in S1. Hell given what we know now, Slaine's actions at the last episode of S1 is a culmination of the development of said subplot.
Slaine's actions in driving the war further overtakes the rivalry they developed over the misunderstanding at Taneshima. The rivalry angle's been explored well initially but it was still only to the extent of assessing each other as enemy assets, not rivals in love. The romance angle only took off after Asseylum awoke. And that was the 2nd half of S2 already with only a more solid development in the episode prior with Slaine's admission of Inaho being a personal thorn in his side and Inaho's round-about confession. Slaine's actions at the end of S1 was purely that of his role in pursuing the princess and protecting her from harm and I don't see how it could be tied into the very late S2 romance subplot.

Lastly, if Saazbaum's explanation about Aldnoah and the access rights of it leading to the inequality of the citizens being the root cause of the Vers invasion doesn't sound like a important reason to the plot, I don't know what else can be meaningful enough that is unique to A/Z that you can't be better served by looking to another show instead.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2015-03-22, 06:40   Link #237
cyth
Banned

Awesome, now that both Inaho and Slaine got NTR'd, they can join forces and kill Klancain, then proceed to double-tap Hime-sama. They make Asseylum do an ero broadcast to Vers people with her flailing ahegao, making the Vers people know they've lost. Terrans win, Hitler defeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
How I see this ending:

It's revealed that Inaho's eye became jealous when it discovers that Inaho considers Asseylum apart of him when the eye literally IS A part of him. It proceeds to lie to Asseylum in the guise of doing what Inaho wants to set up the chain of events to NTR Inaho from Asseylum. Asseylum marries Cruhteo. Inaho swears off humanoid women in a fit of despair. Cue Inaho x Roboeye end.

Slaine loses his last marbles after getting NTR'ed AGAIN and ends up suffering a horrible defeat. Flash forward to him and Harklight in prison with Slaine holding a shank to Harklight's gut with one hand while grasping a white dress and blonde wig in the other. Slaine commands Harklight to put the wig and dress on while laughing manically. On a related note, heartbroken Inko and Yuki descend into a lesbian relationship where each takes turns dressing as Inaho.

Lemuria pouts about how everyone is a jackass, how no one loves her, how she feels sorry for everyone, and how 75% of her relevance this season was literally trumped by her sister standing up.

Maid girl hangs herself after seeing terrible things while visiting Slaine in jail all the while muttering to herself that Slaine is in fact a good person, and he's doing it all for Hime-sama.

Doctor gets Marito drunk and then proceeds to NTR Captain Magbaredge while he's passed out. Just because.

Rayet finds she has no one to hate after Mars and Earth make peace and gradually assimilate. She goes the Inaho route and instead adopts a hate all humans approach.

Calm looks upon this and thinks to himself that the classmate no one remembers who died in the first few episodes was the lucky one.
I would give you money for this post if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
NO, he didn't.
Trash and vulgar may not be so far apart. The Romans called every other civilization barbarians, except for the Greeks. "Vulgar people" has a similar connotation here and it's used dismissively. But this is one instance where I think Slaine just said whatever sounded good to the other person. He's a manipulative little bitch after all.

Last edited by cyth; 2015-03-22 at 06:56.
Old 2015-03-22, 07:19   Link #238
ReddyRedWolf

Slaine's character is the type that longs for belonging and approval. It is that type of personality why he makes tons of mistakes.

At the finale of season 1 he has an identity crisis. Am I a Terran or a Versian?

The ones who saved him are Asseylum, Sazzbaum and that random Vers soldier that got killed.

To Slaine Earthers never welcomed him home. That is why he hates them. That and Inaho took Asseylum's affections. Taking his home in Asseylum.

Compared to Rayet who hates Martians cause the nobles set her father to be killed either way.

Is Slaine crazy? Yeah pretty much. He was an emotional basket case in season 1 and still is here in season 2.

He could've come home anytime but he didn't think of that.
Old 2015-03-22, 07:22   Link #239
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
He could've come home anytime but he didn't think of that.
Yeah, he shot before using his brain.
Old 2015-03-22, 07:23   Link #240
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post

Trash and vulgar may not be so far apart. The Romans called every other civilization barbarians, except for the Greeks. "Vulgar people" has a similar connotation here and it's used dismissively. But this is one instance where I think Slaine just said whatever sounded good to the other person. He's a manipulative little bitch after all.

Well i studied latin for many years, in latin vulgar come from Vulgus that it means "common classes" or "plebs", so vulgar initially in latin means "what cames from common ppl or plebs".
But later in the middle age it gains a strong derogatory sense so Vulgar means : ignorance, indecent, obscene, lewd
Well it isn't literally trash, but it means like trash. So i belive that you have a point. The translation could be wrong as Karice67 punctually said but the meanings it's barely the same.
Closed Thread