AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-03-28, 17:15   Link #141
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
And I was right! Asseylum had no choice but give Earth Aldnoah tech.

But that does not mean the war can't start again. There are knights that do not want to give occupied territory back to Earth and Lemerina is still out there.

Inaho is Prof X to Slaine's Magneto except they were not friends to begin with.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:26   Link #142
Oboro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Old Continent
well a fair ending, Inoah saves the day and grants asseylum wish, Slaine is a war criminal and himself recognize his fault at least at the end, he was always in this show the "villain" even if his fans tried in many way to put him in a better shape.

Dunno why so many ppl are upset about the shipping, A/Z was always a mecha series not a shoujo one, the only romance like feelings hinted came from Asseylum and Inaoh relationship (well aside the twisted and onesided slaine's love) but the duty to stop the war goes over the feelings reasonably, and this match the asseylum and Inaoh personalities, a bitters sweet end with "lovely memories" as she recall in the end.
Asseylum herself talk about her duty a couple episodes ago while talking with Lemrina, so this kind of solution was well hinted.

i wonder what is that countdown in the official site, btw.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's funny how some people get obsessed with the characters' love lives. In a sea of terrible decisions, Asseylum's to marry for duty rather than love is one of the few I can get completely behind. It's too bad, sure, but millions, maybe billions, of people have died. She's working to save what's left. Perspective, people.
exactly

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-28 at 17:47.
Oboro is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:31   Link #143
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Inaho and Asseylum had a final very similar to what had Athrun and Cagalli in gundam seed destiny
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:44   Link #144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Inaho and Asseylum had a final very similar to what had Athrun and Cagalli in gundam seed destiny
Not really. I have no idea what the deal with Athrun and Cagalli was in GSD. I'm not even sure what romantic choices they made, let alone why. Asseylum and Inaho are much more clear cut, and sensical.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:47   Link #145
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
well a fair ending, Inoah saves the day and grants asseylum wish, Slaine is a war criminal and himself recognize his fault at least at the end, he was always in this show the "villain" even if his fans tried in many way to put him in a better shape.

Dunno why so many ppl are upset about the shipping, A/Z was always a mecha series not a shoujo one, the only romance like feelings hinted came from Asseylum and Inaoh relationship but the duty to stop the war goes over the feelings reasonably, and this match the asseylum and Inaoh personalities, a bitters sweet end with "lovely memories" as she recall in the end.
Asseylum herself talk about her duty a couple episodes ago while talking with Lemrina, so this kind of solution was well hinted.

i wonder what is that countdown in the official site, btw.

edit:



exactly
what wrong with people investing in pairings but I understand this show main point wasn't romance.
__________________
Mikethemaster is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:52   Link #146
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Guys, are you aware Hume's marriage is just political, right? They don't even hold hands .
The problme is that there is no good political reason for her to marry Klancain.
She already has all the power she needs and Klancain is already on her side.
If anyone she should marry someone from the opposing faction, because that's how political marriages work.
__________________
Szadek is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 17:56   Link #147
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
what wrong with people investing in pairings but I understand this show main point wasn't romance.
I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting a pairing... I also support InahoxAsseylum pairing so I'm a bit sad how things have ended. Anyway the thing is while it's not wrong to support a pairing it's also not right to dismiss the ending as terrible simply because the pairing did not happen especially if there was a legitimate reason for the pairing not to happen(in this case it was duty over happiness). I mean reading some of the comments posted it's like the only basis for the ending to be "terrible" is because of pairing problems.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls' souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:01   Link #148
Oboro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Old Continent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
what wrong with people investing in pairings but I understand this show main point wasn't romance.
nothing wrong, but well this show wasn't kimi ni todoke or ao haru ride.

the love, broad sense, was the driving force in the whole show for many char, but the plot revolves around the war, a nonsense war. The starting point, the asseylum trip for diplomatic relationship, was stopped by saaz then by the slaine behaviour and the show ends with the start of diplomatic relationship, and the trade aldnoah drive for resources, so come full circle.

if in nisekoi, like previously schoolrumble (curse you Jin Kobayashi! not really... i love him), ends without at least a pair i belive that will be natural be upset about the show, all the show is about the pair shipping, like many shoujo, but those kind of show are quite different than A/Z
we got only a "hinted" romance , well i belive more than hinted thanks to some @Arya explanations, but losing a romantic relationship to stop the war is the price asseylum, and prolly Inaoh, need to pay for saaz and Slaine behaviour to grant the peace. that's the bitter part of the bittersweet ending, when she talks about "lovely memories" about her time spent with the Terran guy.

edit: but there is an announce in 24 hours, right? maybe an ova with an afterstory where Seylum and Inaoh cheat on Crutheo Jr. while Slaine behind the jail bars watches both snog like crazy

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-28 at 18:22.
Oboro is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:03   Link #149
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Whole second season was a cluster****. I'd say it totally pulled a Guilty Crown, but not nearly as bad.
GDB is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:06   Link #150
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Uh, yeah. Maybe it made sense to the Japanese, but not to me. If Slaine was going to just give up, he should have just disengaged and sued for terms. Or surrendered to Asseylum and let her sort it out.

Not destroyed the Martian position for the negotiations.

And his subordinates were no better. Killing people just for self-satisfaction? It's like flipping the table after a loss at monopoly... except you kill people.
Frankly that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that don't make sense in this series. I mean for starters the entire political background of the story never made sense. Saazbaum's reasons for going to war never made any sense. Slaine's desire to continue the war never made any sense. And to top it off, the magical plot device that's not only at the centre of the entire story but also magically solves it at the end, is never truly explained.

As for Slaine, to be honest I don't really get all the hate for him. Yes he descended into villainy but it was the most contrived and forced descent into villainy I've ever seen. I was never convinced by the ridiculously poor writing so I never had anything to hate on because I didn't really believe it. I don't feel anything for Slaine except for pity. He was a decently written likeable character at first and really deserved better writing.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:08   Link #151
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting a pairing... I also support InahoxAsseylum pairing so I'm a bit sad how things have ended. Anyway the thing is while it's not wrong to support a pairing it's also not right to dismiss the ending as terrible simply because the pairing did not happen especially if there was a legitimate reason for the pairing not to happen(in this case it was duty over happiness). I mean reading some of the comments posted it's like the only basis for the ending to be "terrible" is because of pairing problems.
Well the wasn't bad just meh to me like what happend to Hawklight and the others or who left the Aldnoah and what happend to Marito and the captain did her assiant have a thing for Marito and what about the other Martain did they forget their bias against Terrans or what and what was the point of the marrige between Asseylum and Haurto.
__________________
Mikethemaster is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:10   Link #152
Zoks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadek View Post
The problme is that there is no good political reason for her to marry Klancain.
She already has all the power she needs and Klancain is already on her side.
If anyone she should marry someone from the opposing faction, because that's how political marriages work.
Actually, that is exactly how political marriages work. You marry from your own power base if you need to present yourself as a stable option. Besides, there is no other side for her to marry for peace. Slaine was not an option.
Zoks is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:14   Link #153
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Well the wasn't bad just meh to me like what happend to Hawklight and the others or who left the Aldnoah and what happend to Marito and the captain did her assiant have a thing for Marito and what about the other Martain did they forget their bias against Terrans or what and what was the point of the marrige between Asseylum and Haurto.
The bias is still there that's why Asseylum came to talk with them as the ending explained. And the point of the marriage was to show that Asseylum has the support of the Cruhteo's and everyone allied to him... something that she was forced to do after Saazbaum and Slaine destroyed her image with their shenanigans.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls' souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:18   Link #154
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
The bias is still there that's why Asseylum came to talk with them as the ending explained. And the point of the marriage was to show that Asseylum has the support of the Cruhteo's and everyone allied to him... something that she was forced to do after Saazbaum and Slaine destroyed her image with their shenanigans.
Thank for answering some of my questions. Well time to move on hopefully Asseylum and Inaho VA play in another anime were they can be together.
__________________
Mikethemaster is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:22   Link #155
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Beautiful ending, truly.

Asseylum was able to do what she set out to do since episode 1, and form good relations with Earth. Especially because of the war, she also wants to find a way to share the Aldnoah activation factor. Once this happens, she can deconstruct the monarchy on Vers.

I found what Harklight and the others did truly stupid, just wanting to go out in a Blaze of glory. I'm glad no one named on the Earth's forces died because of it (The eye wasn't lying after all ). Really, what a way to go, then, because a few selfish b@stards couldn't just give up. Then again, we wouldn't have Inaho vs. Slaine one last time, but it was just Slaine looking for a way to die.

That quote from the bible comes back into play again: "He who loves his life shall use it, and he who hates it shall have it for all eternity." Slaine's end was fitting for him. I have no complaints about him living, since he wanted to die anyway.

Asseylum's last request turned out to be "save Slaine" after all. It's really due to plot though, since to Asseylum's knowledge Inaho wouldn't know who Slaine is, not to mention it sounds like an insensitive and impossible request considering he was unconscious, and the current situation at the time. Also, Inaho wouldn't have acted as a shield for Slaine's re-entry into the atmosphere unless Asseylum asked for him to be spared. Man, him standing over Slaine was such a bad@ss moment. A lot of tie-ins to the first cour finale in that scene.

I'm sad my ship didn't happen. However, the ending was so beautiful, it doesn't feel like a loss. I'll take Asseylum reminiscing of her fond memories with Inaho as the next best thing. I still agree with Arya, that they truly do belong to each other, but their duties keep them separated.

Aldnoah turned out to be fun ride. I really enjoyed it. I hope Aniplex continues with this franchise, though the story with this cast of characters is finished. However, they can make use of alternate universes or distant future to set up a brand new storyline.
__________________

Last edited by Kurohane; 2015-03-28 at 18:44.
Kurohane is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:22   Link #156
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Thank for answering some of my questions. Well time to move on hopefully Asseylum and Inaho VA play in another anime were they can be together.
Pfft. Hanaero-kun said he would've preferred characters voiced by Mikako-shi, so I hope he'll get what he wants.
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物
justpassingby is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:30   Link #157
Zantetsuken
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 27
Satisfying ending. A bit sad there wasn't a InahoxInko shipping moment. Well at least the wincest faction got a service.

Now to continue watching UBW. This timeslot is magical.
__________________
Zantetsuken is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:33   Link #158
Forge
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Inaho and Asseylum had a final very similar to what had Athrun and Cagalli in gundam seed destiny
lulz. I was going to say that Inaho and Slaine got trolled harder than Athrun in Gundam Seed. Athrun got cock-blocked by his BFF with Lacus. Then cock-blocked with Cagalli by politics, the biggest douche in the world, and Cagalli herself. Then he goes and gets cock-blocked with death regarding fake Lacus. The writers felt so sorry for him, they gave him the redhead out of nowhere at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadek View Post
The problme is that there is no good political reason for her to marry Klancain.
She already has all the power she needs and Klancain is already on her side.
If anyone she should marry someone from the opposing faction, because that's how political marriages work.
I didn't even really get the marriage. All she needed way to kick Slaine to the curb. The peeps NOT on the moonbase were the ones who didn't really give a hoot about him at the end and just loved seeing the "terran" get tossed aside.

The princess just needed Count Crouton as a vassal/personal knight/guard/orbital battle lord. Dude seemed committed enough without needed marriage unless his real motive was also getting some of the cursed blonde puntang that the our main male leads fought for the entire show pretty much.

And yea...the longer lasting thing is to fuse Vers and Earth through mucho baby-making with the princess and a terran not named genocidal maniac "Troyard."

And hell, ALL they really needed to do was get Lemrina to give up her activation protocols and boom. The real princess takes everyone's fancy toys away and the Orbital Knights are up shit-creek.

The hilarity of it was was building up this grand love triangle, but to quash it all with the prototypical "sugar daddy" of the war-variety who no personality for the lamest deus ex machina ever. Which is even duller writing than pretty much anything else you could do.

But that's beside the point. The political buildup/explanation/premise for this entire show made absolutely no sense.

It was basically, "blar, Earth people bad and selfish, look at them enjoy their planet while we remain in space" --> heavy grunting.

I mean, shit, it appears they didn't even just try asking "hey, you know, we have this awesome tech....how abouts we share it some some land out in the countryside you aren't using."
Forge is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:36   Link #159
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Shippers didn't win this time muahahaha! Cruel reality won. Political marriage embraces my cynical heart.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline  
Old 2015-03-28, 18:38   Link #160
Zantetsuken
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge View Post
It was basically, "blar, Earth people bad and selfish, look at them enjoy their planet while we remain in space" --> heavy grunting.

I mean, shit, it appears they didn't even just try asking "hey, you know, we have this awesome tech....how abouts we share it some some land out in the countryside you aren't using."
That's the problem when you have a dictator akin to Hitler (the 2nd emperor). Dude sees his nation is poor, blames their "enemy", incite hatred in the populace, the populace eats it up, then they go to war with the nation's full support.
__________________
Zantetsuken is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.