AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-11, 14:34   Link #201
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
I, for one, felt her personality fitted nicely in the story's setting, as a rival of sorts to Souma.
In no time, during the episode, did I feel animosity towards her... I wanna see how she'll fare against Souma
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 15:09   Link #202
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Because she is offering interesting interaction with the male MC. Because she _is_ excellent in what she does and is quite passionate about it. And because her tantrums in reaction to Souma's trolling feel incredibly cute to me

Would I want her to be my girlfriend? Heck no. Would I want her to eventually become Souma's girlfriend? Depends entirely on her development.

Is this really so hard to understand?
That's exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you for sharing your PoV.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 15:20   Link #203
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Erina is such a typical character and so much discussion about her still.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 15:39   Link #204
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Read My Sig :)
erina is tsundere with a huge ego and pride like vegeta
the author (and souma) is an S, using souma food to humiliate her. looking down on someone like erina is sooo satisfying in someway. thats why she is the heroine
__________________
~Anime Songs Chord~
latest update 1 September 2016
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 16:15   Link #205
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
erina is tsundere with a huge ego and pride like vegeta
the author (and souma) is an S, using souma food to humiliate her. looking down on someone like erina is sooo satisfying in someway. thats why she is the heroine
This would require Erina being a closet M though, or at least someone who is naturally an M but cannot admit it.


But if, instead, she is exactly what she appears to be, then I really fail to see how she can be a heroine in your scenario.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 19:38   Link #206
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Anywhere. I'm a nomad.
Another LOL episode.

Feel bad for Erina's mom. I mean, your kid just said your milk sucks (no pun intended).

Erina's hot, I admit, but her attitude really is hateable. However, I've seen so many characters similar to her, and they don't always remain the same (development, development...) as the show goes longer.

Man, I have to find my ship quickly. The war is coming, I'm smelling it.
__________________
I am nobody.
Nobody is perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect.


GRAND SPONSOR NO TOKYO BAY, OH CHRISTMAS
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 21:50   Link #207
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 29
Food porn and porn porn
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 23:14   Link #208
Kakkou
Tch.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I, for one, felt her personality fitted nicely in the story's setting, as a rival of sorts to Souma.
Rather than rival, she is closer to an antagonist, the kind that will eventually be on Soma's side after she gives in to his D(ishes).

She's also the kind of 'heroine' that will appear more in promotional material than the actual show.

All this waifu wars is silly anyway, best girl is obviously Takumi.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 01:59   Link #209
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
If they're going to follow the manga closely Erina probably won't even show up that much at all.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:03   Link #210
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 26
I assume that Erina is the deuteragonist in this series, as in both "heroine" and "antagonist", somehow. I find it enjoyable, as I don't hold a candle on Erina.

PS:
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:16   Link #211
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 26
yep... I'll classified Erina to antagonist heroine

JC Staff is doing a fantastic job so far
They covered every important thing from the manga.. and deliver them in better way
Erina's arrogancy... and her clumsiness are very cute and well-adapted
They also do a good job in Hisako

One food in each episode showed that they didn't rush at all.. Perfect! Thanks for making this anime become better

the waifu wars are incoming in this thread soon
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:20   Link #212
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
yep... I'll classified Erina to antagonist heroine

JC Staff is doing a fantastic job so far
They covered every important thing from the manga.. and deliver them in better way
Erina's arrogancy... and her clumsiness are very cute and well-adapted
They also do a good job in Hisako

One food in each episode showed that they didn't rush at all.. Perfect! Thanks for making this anime become better

the waifu wars are incoming in this thread soon
From Shokugeki to Waifugeki!
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:45   Link #213
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
From Shokugeki to Waifugeki!
It was inevitable.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:57   Link #214
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I am actually genuinely curious why people like Erina. Of course only after excluding following 3 aspects:

-Her "body"
-Her being a "ojou-sama tsundere" (although she could very well be a 100% full tsuntsun instead)
-The user who likes her is an M and wants her as the "mistress"


So? I really wonder if there is any good reason aside from these 3. Right now I am sure everyone who likes her usually bases it on one of those 3 reasons, while the users who don't like her aren't fazed by them. I would not mind to be proven wrong though. It's almost always good to see new point of views.
Hmm. I don't like Erina but I think you can be entertained by her character in the sense that she's so over the top she ends up being comical (Like pretty much everything else in this show). Not the kind of series to take the characters particularly seriously.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 05:42   Link #215
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Erina role is clearly to be obstacle for Souma to overcome. IMHO she's representative of the elitist snobbery side of the cooking world, what Souma with his grounded and simple (but very tasty!) food must overcome to become a epic chief.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 06:23   Link #216
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 48
I mean: I was seriously breaking down in stitches when Souma said "You still can't tell (what I'm cooking) after all this time? Poo poo poo!" causing Erina to flip out and threaten to fail him with Tsundere tooth. How can you not love this?

(I should mention that I think the VA of Souma is doing a _teriffic_ job. His "heh heh heh" when Erina was remembering him after she failed him was absolutely perfect)

In my opinion, _these_ are the best scenes that Shokugeki no Souma has to offer. Not the big-starry-eyed mouses worshipping Souma elegies.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 07:45   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I mean: I was seriously breaking down in stitches when Souma said "You still can't tell (what I'm cooking) after all this time? Poo poo poo!" causing Erina to flip out and threaten to fail him with Tsundere tooth. How can you not love this?

(I should mention that I think the VA of Souma is doing a _teriffic_ job. His "heh heh heh" when Erina was remembering him after she failed him was absolutely perfect)

In my opinion, _these_ are the best scenes that Shokugeki no Souma has to offer. Not the big-starry-eyed mouses worshipping Souma elegies.
I prefer honest rivalries to blatant abuse of power. Super-competence can excuse arrogance, but not dishonesty. Erina got all those privileges from her tongue (and possibly family connections, which isn't exactly praiseworthy), but if she's going to lie about what her tongue says, what use is she? Any idiot can make arbitrary judgments based on whether they like the cook or not.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 08:05   Link #218
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I prefer honest rivalries to blatant abuse of power. Super-competence can excuse arrogance, but not dishonesty. Erina got all those privileges from her tongue (and possibly family connections, which isn't exactly praiseworthy), but if she's going to lie about what her tongue says, what use is she? Any idiot can make arbitrary judgments based on whether they like the cook or not.
I liked that exactly because it was "wrong". It made her human. Her tongue knew that Souma had created a surpringly good dish she had never tasted before (probably because rice with seasoning was way too common to ever reach her plate), but her pride, her personality, could not allow such an "arrogant and overconfident" (totally ignoring she herself is that way too xD) commoner to upstage her like that.
She abused her power and standing to get what she wanted, Souma out of her life. And it would have been succesful if it were not her gramps.

I liked that as we finally got a heroine who's not afraid to do what is considered dirty or dishonorable as long as it gets her the result she wants. Some people ofc won't like that, but I for one am glad we don't have another pure whitewashed innocent goody-good helpful kind and blablabla heroine who's heads over heels into our awesome and amazing MC.
We got Megumi for that part.^^

Also the way I see it it was Souma's dish fault. It was not "good enough", if it had been SO amazingly good that even Erina's pride could have hold nothing against it he would be in. But so his dish was good enough to please her godly tonuge but not to take down her pride to get a pass.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-04-12 at 19:35. Reason: Remove reference to next episode
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 08:13   Link #219
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I liked that exactly because it was "wrong". It made her human. Her tongue knew that Souma had created a surpringly good dish she had never tasted before (probably because rice with seasoning was way too common to ever reach her plate), but her pride, her personality, could not allow such an "arrogant and overconfident" (totally ignoring she herself is that way too xD) commoner to upstage her like that.
She abused her power and standing to get what she wanted, Souma out of her life. And it would have been succesful if it were not her gramps.

I liked that as we finally got a heroine who's not afraid to do what is considered dirty or dishonorable as long as it gets her the result she wants. Some people ofc won't like that, but I for one am glad we don't have another pure whitewashed innocent goody-good helpful kind and blablabla heroine who's heads over heels into our awesome and amazing MC.
We got Megumi for that part.^^

Also the way I see it it was Souma's dish fault. It was not "good enough", if it had been SO amazingly good that even Erina's pride could have hold nothing against it he would be in. But so his dish was good enough to please her godly tonuge but not to take down her pride to get a pass.
Pride =/= Prejudice against what Erina considers "commoners"
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-04-12 at 19:35. Reason: Remove reference to next episode
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 08:24   Link #220
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I liked that exactly because it was "wrong". It made her human. Her tongue knew that Souma had created a surpringly good dish she had never tasted before (probably because rice with seasoning was way too common to ever reach her plate), but her pride, her personality, could not allow such an "arrogant and overconfident" (totally ignoring she herself is that way too xD) commoner to upstage her like that.
She abused her power and standing to get what she wanted, Souma out of her life. And it would have been succesful if it were not her gramps.

I liked that as we finally got a heroine who's not afraid to do what is considered dirty or dishonorable as long as it gets her the result she wants. Some people ofc won't like that, but I for one am glad we don't have another pure whitewashed innocent goody-good helpful kind and blablabla heroine who's heads over heels into our awesome and amazing MC.
We got Megumi for that part.^^

Also the way I see it it was Souma's dish fault. It was not "good enough", if it had been SO amazingly good that even Erina's pride could have hold nothing against it he would be in. But so his dish was good enough to please her godly tonuge but not to take down her pride to get a pass.
Did you just try to justified her devilish action?

Sorry, please replace the "heroine" to "antagonist" in your post and it will make more sense than current one.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-04-12 at 19:35. Reason: Edit quote
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking, ecchi, shounen, shounen jump

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.