AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-27, 07:51   Link #621
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I agree with the American military's attempt to assassinate 9/12, given that they know 5 and that they could blow the whistle on her. That alone could give Washington a major condemnation for he false flags 5 pulled off from Haneda to the TMPD convoy that was suppose to bring 9 to the Hyatt hotel.

For the others, I only wished the production team gave another episode or two.

Otherwise, show's not bad. I wish Five was used in a different way.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 09:00   Link #622
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They wanted to silence Nine and Twelve because they were afraid they would expose Five's actions, which the US was accountable for since they were the ones who employed her and gave her so much authority. That part makes sense. I agree the other points you brought up don't make any.
I don't really think the US would risk nuclear detonations just for something like that.

At the end of the day, if the US is perfectly willing to drone strike potential terrorists that aren't even an immediate threat (and then drone strike anyone who is willing to run to their aid, regardless of whether they're terrorists or not), then I wouldn't hold it past them to kill Nine, Twelve AND Lisa if it suited their interests. But they'd do it for national security, not to hide the kind of scandals their PR department already deals with.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 17:48   Link #623
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But even if you accept that bit of nonsense, they way things proceeded - shooting Twelve and leaving Nine his Oscar moment, inexplicably then deciding to spare Shiba and Lisa - makes no sense either. And that's the problem here - nothing of consequence in this show makes any damn sense. Even thrillers should have an internal logic if they want to be taken seriously even on a superficial level, and if you're going to try and communicate some grand social message or commentary, you have to have a basic level of competence in making the point.
Yep, this last episode was choreographically beautiful and it worked as such, the moment in which they were showed in their place, playing with the ball, muted, with that awkward music piece I started tearing up, I thought ok, they will all die. Then Shiba arrived and I was ready. Now that the last piece is in place it's the end.
From that moment things started to fall apart, I mean, among them you shoot the unique and forever friend of a terrorist who is holding a detonator and is apparently ready to use it? It makes no sense. Then I waited for the second and third close shot. But nope.

As I said, the episode was beautifully portrayed, the music perfect as always, but the writing ... in the end it felt like they had this stratospheric idea to make explode a nuclear bomb in such a cool manner and worked to write a story around it. Letting aside that if I think about the nuclear explosion for more than 2 seconds it doesn't make sense that alone. And I don't even want to start thinking about five's arc.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 14:04   Link #624
RoboMambo

The last episode, same as the rest of the show, left me slightly bored and uninterested. Somehow it managed to have a nuke and go out with a whimper.

The whole thing felt not bad but totaly underachieving, middling in every way. I didn't find the characters bad, as in none was too out there or badly written, but noone was well developed or compeling. It never became totally absurd and unbelievable, but it strained believability every single second. The whole plot was kinda strained nonsense. Japanese ubermensch project, terrorist attacks with no victims, Sphinx looking for someone with both the will reveal the truth and abundant knowledge of greek mythology, Japan lets the US do whatever they want, who in turn let five do whatever she wants.

But hey, at least it looked nice.

6/10
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 18:51   Link #625
Jerseykid

Lisa didn't get a kiss from anyone the whole show. That's auto low rating.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 08:50   Link #626
VTHokiePride

"Remember us, remember that we lived." The last episode was well done. I was expecting that Shibazaki would show up alone to confront them and that the US will eventually kill 9 and 12 leaving Lisa alive to tell the story.

Overall, I didn't like the animation but the story and music were what kept me going. 8/10
Old 2014-10-01, 12:15   Link #627
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

So I haven't been the most active in the Zankyou thread but here's my short review (a bit late).

Animation is a beautiful 10/10. Because of some small dips here and there I was wondering between that and 9/10. Still i decided on a 10.

Sound is a 9/10 (sadly). I'm including voice acting and such here not just music. The music is probably the best part of the show. However I have some minor nitpicks with the voice-acting, with the most noticeable one being the Engrish. I sometimes also had some problems with the music placement even though usually it was flawless.

Story is the biggest disappointment with it getting a 6/10. The first two episodes were probably the two best but then it started getting a bit repetitive, after which it started getting a bit ridiculous and when it finally started picking itself up again toward the end it ended. It also required a bit too much suspension of disbelief at times.

Characters are a strong 7/10 with me almost giving it an 8. Most characters are good despite lacking some characterization (while others weren't good IMHO). However as someone who has to some extent experienced what Lisa went through I found her not only quite relatable but potentially the most realistic and best-written part of the show.

Overall it's an 8 and i would recommend this show to anyone who wants a breath of fresh air with some nice animation and music.
Old 2014-10-25, 18:03   Link #628
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just finished listening to the full version of the OP and wow...it is just as good as the tv sized one - it does an excellent job of "standing on its own" as well, although the total package of the OP anime is really, really well done. Easily one of the best OP of this year for me. ^^
Old 2014-11-05, 00:35   Link #629
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Was able to get my hands on the 2nd OST. Recommend it. Give Track #12 a shot.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-12-13, 01:22   Link #630
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Was in my "must watch after ending school", what can i say, 10/10 for me, the animation the story, the characters, the ending were truly perfect, it was very amusing and interesting, the development of 9/12 with Lisa, the detective and 5 were one of the big parts of this anime.
The riddles, how they were solved, the videos....I even tried to solve them(managed to solve the one that let out the info)
Will be in my list of one of the best that i have seen.
Old 2015-04-08, 05:45   Link #631
bastek66

Does anyone know link to very critical review of ZnT on youtube? I remember watching one and it had many good points. It was mostly (or only voiceover) and one time was voice of brother or friend of reviewer.
Old 2015-04-13, 02:50   Link #632
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I don't know. You have a name?

Old 2015-04-13, 04:19   Link #633
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I don't know. You have a name?
Don't remember name or user but definitely it was very critical review.

Tags
noitamina, psychological, terrorism