AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-02-10, 20:05   Link #81
Wandering Soul

Considering the title of this season, I expected the conflict to go on a bit longer, but it's mostly been resolved. Wonder what the rest of this season will be about.
Old 2021-02-11, 06:10   Link #82
DarkJak2050

Just reminding everyone here that this season is covering Volume's 11-13 of the Light Novels.

The first 5 episodes has covered Vol. 12's content. So now that leaves Vol. 11 & 13.

And starting next episode is where we get into Vol. 11's content.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 08:02   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Considering the title of this season, I expected the conflict to go on a bit longer, but it's mostly been resolved. Wonder what the rest of this season will be about.
"Destruction of the Round Table".

The Round Table isn't destroyed, I feel cheated.
Old 2021-02-11, 08:14   Link #84
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Just reminding everyone here that this season is covering Volume's 11-13 of the Light Novels.

The first 5 episodes has covered Vol. 12's content. So now that leaves Vol. 11 & 13.

So, it's all Crusty all the time now until the end of the season, or do we return to Akiba later on?
Old 2021-02-11, 15:58   Link #85
DarkJak2050

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, it's all Crusty all the time now until the end of the season, or do we return to Akiba later on?
We're going to start Vol. 11's content next week and that is part of Kanami's side-story (set after the events in Vol. 9). With 7 episodes left in the season and Vol. 11 & 13 left to cover, I would say the next 3-4 episodes is going to be Vol. 11's content (3-4 episodes with Crusty in other words).

Then we'll return to Akiba with Vol. 13's content to wrap up the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"Destruction of the Round Table".

The Round Table isn't destroyed, I feel cheated.
It's the old Round Table with it's "original system" that got destroyed.

This is a new one that's been made, sure it's mainly comprised of members of the Old Round Table, but it now has members who are huge figures among the People of the Land; Renayshia, Regan & Kinjo. Now the People of the Land are properly represented in this New Round Table. And because of Renayshia, Regan & Kinjo's positions in the Round Table, they can now properly govern the city of Akiba.

Something that the Old Round Table could not do.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-02-11 at 16:17.
Old 2021-02-11, 18:47   Link #86
velvet nightmare

what was the contract that shiroe gave to eins?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 21:28   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It didn't look like Shiroe brought in anywhere near enough people to sway the election outcome. It needed to be thousands; didn't look like near that many.

I thought it was a cop-out for Eins to withdraw at the last minute. I was disappointed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 01:57   Link #88
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It didn't look like Shiroe brought in anywhere near enough people to sway the election outcome. It needed to be thousands; didn't look like near that many.
Well, nobody said that you saw all the people who were brought in appear at once. The voting went on for the entire day.

Quote:
I thought it was a cop-out for Eins to withdraw at the last minute. I was disappointed.
As far as I understood it, he was ordered to do so by Touri, because of the political reasons in Westerlande Touri later explained. So, political maneuvering by Shiroe, as the Villain in Glasses is wont to do. Also, as we were told later in the show, he would have lost by a narrow margin, anyway.
Old 2021-02-14, 19:22   Link #89
DarkJak2050

Alright, starting next week is when we're going to get into Vol. 11's content. In other words; the side-story with Kanami's group in the Chinese Server.

We know for sure that Crusty's going to have substantial screen time this season. For those who are looking for some action this season, this part is going to give it to you. However... this next part of the season is going to answer one of my main concern(s) going into this season:

Will there be quality animation for it's action sequences?
Old 2021-02-17, 13:28   Link #90
magnuskn

Huh, are they half-recapping the "story until now" or was the puppet show always a part of this part of the story? In any case, pretty okay episode. I hope we get a bit more narrative cohesiveness soon.
Old 2021-02-17, 19:01   Link #91
Friday
Im shy too...

so we are watching what happen to him on the China server and how he met Kanami rag tag team

nice!!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-17, 19:51   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The OP really spoiled a lot of stuff. Hadn't realized how much until now.
Old 2021-02-18, 01:26   Link #93
magnuskn

Since the new intro song is so horrible, I've kinda skipped it everytime.
Old 2021-02-18, 05:24   Link #94
DarkJak2050

I'm being straight up:

I find this to be the worst episode so far this season. It seems this episode was trying to cover too much content at once. I felt that the pacing should've been slowed down. So we can properly see how things occurred and played out. And it felt that a good chunk of Vol. 11's content was cut out. For what was covered in this episode.

Including this episode, there are 7 episodes left in the season & 2 Volumes worth of content to cover. So you'd think Vol. 11's content would be better covered with more episodes left over; using 3 or 4 episodes out of the remaining 7. Which would make it better paced out. Unlike how Vol. 9 was covered in season 2 with only 1 episode. But no, they just had to use a series of "short-cuts" to go through a good chunk of Vol. 11 with this "puppet show". Unless...

Was the "puppet show" actually a part of Vol. 11 in the Light Novels, or was that just an anime only thing to provide a series of "short-cuts" to get through a good chunk of Vol. 11's content this episode? (I'm seriously asking this).

One more thing; there was one concern that I had going into this season; animation quality in it's action sequences. I expected this episode (or this part of the season) to answer it. Which it did. And here's my response to that;

"Your animation quality STILL leaves much to be desired!!"

I guess that's what happens when NHK (Producer of Log Horizon's anime) takes a series that's originally aimed towards teens/adults, and have it's anime toned down to where it's kid friendly. And also air it on a kids tv channel. Can't show anything that's either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent on a kids tv channel.

Great quality animation does make action scenes look great. But at the same time it tends to make it look either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent. Which you can't show on a kids tv channel.

Thanks a lot, NHK.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-02-18 at 06:14.
Old 2021-02-18, 07:11   Link #95
magnuskn

I'm here for the characters and story, not flashy action sequences.

That being said, I must agree that the pacing of this episode felt way off.
Old 2021-02-18, 10:50   Link #96
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
I'm being straight up:

I find this to be the worst episode so far this season. It seems this episode was trying to cover too much content at once. I felt that the pacing should've been slowed down. So we can properly see how things occurred and played out. And it felt that a good chunk of Vol. 11's content was cut out. For what was covered in this episode.

Including this episode, there are 7 episodes left in the season & 2 Volumes worth of content to cover. So you'd think Vol. 11's content would be better covered with more episodes left over; using 3 or 4 episodes out of the remaining 7. Which would make it better paced out. Unlike how Vol. 9 was covered in season 2 with only 1 episode. But no, they just had to use a series of "short-cuts" to go through a good chunk of Vol. 11 with this "puppet show". Unless...

Was the "puppet show" actually a part of Vol. 11 in the Light Novels, or was that just an anime only thing to provide a series of "short-cuts" to get through a good chunk of Vol. 11's content this episode? (I'm seriously asking this).

One more thing; there was one concern that I had going into this season; animation quality in it's action sequences. I expected this episode (or this part of the season) to answer it. Which it did. And here's my response to that;

"Your animation quality STILL leaves much to be desired!!"

I guess that's what happens when NHK (Producer of Log Horizon's anime) takes a series that's originally aimed towards teens/adults, and have it's anime toned down to where it's kid friendly. And also air it on a kids tv channel. Can't show anything that's either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent on a kids tv channel.

Great quality animation does make action scenes look great. But at the same time it tends to make it look either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent. Which you can't show on a kids tv channel.

Thanks a lot, NHK.

They still cut less than previous season. It seems, the production team just don't like Kanami volumes for some reason.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 11:55   Link #97
magnuskn

Probably they also prefer the political intrigue Shiroe engages in. ^^
Old 2021-02-19, 11:24   Link #98
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Thanks a lot, NHK.
Just a reminder that the NHK also gave us episode seven of Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, with one of the most brutal scenes I have watched in anime. That show targeted an audience similar in age to that of Log Horizon, probably 10+.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 14:39   Link #99
Twi

A bit late, but I watched the election and I honestly have to say I was still rooting for Eins here. He saw the system was flawed and tried something to fix it rather than leaving it to flounder through a rather peaceful, if politically manipulative move. If it started an open war I would have probably been against him, due to the fact that bloodshed can't be taken back, but I can respect him for how he approached things and humbled himself from beginning to end.

It also reaffirmed that Shiroe is the most terrifying asset Akiba has. He couldn't have known about the situation with the Senate and the prince more than a few days and he still constructed a plan to get them off the board. You do not want this man as an enemy.
Old 2021-02-19, 15:13   Link #100
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Just a reminder that the NHK also gave us episode seven of Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, with one of the most brutal scenes I have watched in anime. That show targeted an audience similar in age to that of Log Horizon, probably 10+.
Kemono no Sou-ja Erin's anime was for ages 13+ (out of the age range for kids), so it's older than the targeted audience age of Log Horizon's anime. And it was also put on a different TV channel that's for a more general audience.

Log Horizon on the other hand is aired on NHK Educational, which is more of a kids/family tv channel than what Kemono no Sou-ja Erin was aired on.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-02-19 at 15:34.