AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-28, 20:07   Link #81
Goshtin
Bunshin

urgh my head hurts
I just blitzed the entire Naruto series manga in one go as I was getting tired of having no idea of what ppl were talking about....

urgh!
URGH!
mega-friggin-URRRGGH!!!!!

also...

Spoiler:

I have a bad feeling Naruto is going to get more and more absurd with each new chapter...WE might as well be watching some crazed jumped up DBGT again. I mean weren't they supposed to be quite human before? Now there are people running around with 2 heads and shit.

urgh...it's 1.15am and I need to get up in like 7hrs..ffs...and that's cutting it close

PS why'd Rachel get back together with that prick Ross. he's such a 40year old wanker. Fucking marry Gunther or smuthin....or it could've been a traic ending or sumthing..."I got off the plane" ffs..wtf are writers doing with the rest of the brain power half the time...they built it up and up and UP and then bam...crap line...

shit I'm going to bed mofo's
Goshtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:12   Link #82
Goshtin
Bunshin

I swear too much..gotta work round a bunch of screaming kids in summer too..*hits head* must stop swearing

Spoiler:
Goshtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:16   Link #83
Blazing420

Just read Bakafish version and it does seem to make a lot more sense than the Innane one. Can anyone who can read the raw find out which version was right?
Blazing420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:23   Link #84
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, honestly. I don't see any faults in either Inane or BakaFish. Just because they have different wordings in their translation, doesn't mean that either one is technically off. They just basically tell the same story, but with different words.
Old 2004-05-28, 20:35   Link #85
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Ugh, I'm hoping Gaara gets his ass kicked in the future...for his own good.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:02   Link #86
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Quote:
Ugh, I'm hoping Gaara gets his ass kicked in the future...for his own good.
WTF!?!?! Dude he just got his ass totally fricken kicked by naruto that very last time he was in the story just after the chunnin exam. Pfft what the heck to you expect? You want Kishimoto to turn him into a total wuss or something now? Him, Lee and Naruto all were hard pressed to survive fighting kimi for god sake. I don't want to hear people say Garaa owned kimi, or blah blah blah. If that is what you think then read the manga again. Naruto, Lee and Garaa all "survived" the fight. You can't own someone who dies by succuming to a lethal illness during your fight. For how dead Kabuto and Oro make Kimi appear to be Garaa sure does have a hard time. Even up to the point where kimi died, Garaa had said that kimi was buried and not coming back, but Kimi still managed a great attack back, it just so happened Garaa has a good ability to counter that which was to ride the sand like a could, which isnt a strech or a new ability really since we have already seen the sand floating around without some part of it touching the ground, just now he is on top of it. Also I think the characters are still very much human, the moves are not anywhere crazy like for DBZ, which had crazy moves but those moves still fit that series I think.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:09   Link #87
eLstar
(^_^)v

These past few chapters have been the only few chapters that Gaara's actually impressed me. The past fights he has, he's done nothing but stand around or use basic attacks that don't seem so impressive yet shock the crowd for some unknown reason. There was nothing to convince me that Gaara was a so-called genius, only a boy with a sand priest inside of him doing all the work for him.

When he went up agaisnt Kimimaro, he seemed to be in control of the fight more or less and not only fighting Kimi, but protecting Rock Lee from him. I have more respect for Gaara now, but even more for Kimi.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:11   Link #88
realdeal
The Real Deal

ermmm gaara did own kimi..we can only base our opinions on what we saw, not on what may have happened. We saw kimi get owned, kimi died. If kimi happened to survive maybe he will kick gaara's ass, who knows. However fact remains that during the fight, gaara did own kinimaro, whatever could have happened after that is just speculation.

When naruto's clones were defeated but fight was unfinished, everyone conlcuded that naruto got owned..yet he barely shown any of his true powers. Kinimaro has shown all/most of his trump cards and he still got his ass kicked during the fight. I dont see why kini should get special treatment for his one, he lost and he got owned.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:19   Link #89
LeafNinja

I'd like for someone to post what exact moves of Gaara's "owned" Kimimaro if you don't mind. It's easy to say, a lot harder to back up with concrete evidence.

Every attack that Gaara used against him, Kimimaro walked away from. I would think if you're going to own someone they're not going to keep attacking you...
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:20   Link #90
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
ermmm gaara did own kimi..we can only base our opinions on what we saw, not on what may have happened. We saw kimi get owned, kimi died. If kimi happened to survive maybe he will kick gaara's ass, who knows. However fact remains that during the fight, gaara did own kinimaro, whatever could have happened after that is just speculation.

When naruto's clones were defeated but fight was unfinished, everyone conlcuded that naruto got owned..yet he barely shown any of his true powers. Kinimaro has shown all/most of his trump cards and he still got his ass kicked during the fight. I dont see why kini should get special treatment for his one, he lost and he got owned.
Kini didn't get owned at all, look at what he did pretty much dead! Kini easily handled Naruto's clones, then waved Lee off like a joke and gave Gaara a fight, all on his deathbed. If Kini was healthly, I can't imagine what his strenght would be. People just hate seeing their favorite characters beat around. They whine, but like it or not this is what gives characters their life. Having to over something much more powerful than them. If they could own everything it be boring.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:35   Link #91
AnimeFangirl

Ah, I'm so hungry and I've been busy all day, but I finally got a chance to get the Inane version. Haven't seen Bakafish. I just a couple of notes to bring up about the Inane version and I'll include the original Japanese as well for those of you who like to argue about stuff like that.

pg. 3: I earlier said Kimi was the one explaining about the sand, but it was Gaara (gomen!)

pg. 5: Gaara's comment about running out of chakra is slightly ambiguous:(おお技を使い過ぎたな。。。チャクラもそう無い。。。それで最後だ). It could be referring to either or both of them, since they both used huge, fancy techniques. However, because the previous frame shows Gaara's leg slightly shaking in the sand, I assumed and I continue to assume that he's talking about himself.

pg. 6: Kimimaro doesn't just say "This opponent..." he says "大した奴だ。。。" more or less that Gaara is really something. Not a major detail but noted nevertheless.

pg. 8: Kabuto does not say Kimimaro is Oro's greatest servant, he says Orochimaru must know best that there is no one that can defeat Kimimaro no matter what obstacles arise. The sentence is, "大蛇丸様は一番御存知のハズ。。。どんな邪魔が入ったとしても君麻呂を勝てる奴はいませんよ"

pg. 11: A biggie, Kimimaro did not say "It's all my own reasoning," he said that Orochimaru is a person who understands him. Poor delusional Kimimaro *shakes head* Anyway, the line is "あの方は僕の理解者だ"

pg. 16: Rock Lee says "...悪い人を自分にとって大切な人と思うなんてありえません" i.e. it can't be possible for one to take a bad person as a their precious person (while knowing they're bad), which is slightly different from Inane saying "You don't have to take someone bad as your precious person." Rock Lee comes across as very innocent and naive in this chapter...what else is new?

pg. 18: Errr...this might cause some confusion later on so let's get it out of the way. The Japanese says that "多くの犠牲の末にー。" i.e. at the end of a huge sacrifice/huge sacrifices. Yeah, "deaths" are also part of that sacrifice but first off we're not sure who exactly is dead and who's not. Furthermore you also have to factor in the time and energy wasted, the injuries suffered: Shika's finger, Kiba's stomach, Akamaru is unconscious and let's not even talk about Neji and Chouji. Plus poor Gaara is probably emotionally traumatized for life, he looked so sad (awwww) So to translate it as "after the deaths of many people" I think lets Sasuke off way too lightly, and goodness knows he's gotten away with enough!

Another point, the preview for the next week means more like "The reason I can't stay behind," rather than "The reason I can't run away." It's ”とどまれぬ理由”

Spoiler for not for kids:

And now I'm going to go get something to eat because I'm starving! Anyone who can't see the Japanese, I can put it in romaji for you but not right now because I need food. I NEED FOOD!!

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2004-05-28 at 22:25. Reason: meow, i'm still hungry!!
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:42   Link #92
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Another point, the previous for the next week means more like "The reason I can't stay behind," rather than "The reason I can't run away." It's ”とどまれぬ理由”
I guess I'd say that BakaFish's a bit more accurate on the preview. Rather than Inane.
Old 2004-05-28, 21:53   Link #93
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

I've read the Chinese version and then Inane version. Nee.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I love this chapter. I love Gaara and I love those statues that Naruto and Sasuke was standing on . The ending leaves a nice dramatic cliffhanger and I have to wait 7 freakin days for the next chapter to come. >_<

Oh the ending also gives a very nice view too. LotR man! But the imagery and symbolism in this is fantastic!

Gaara is definitely talented, proof is this chapter. Despite the fact that sand is but second nature for him; the ability to manipulate sand and turn it into all sorts of attacks gives him more respect than he can handle. Heehee, at first, I thought those were sand clouds they were sitting on. (How kawaii! Gaara-kun and Lee-kun are sitting on nimbus clouds! *see Bronny squeal*)

Plus the aftermaths of the battle. He gets more respect from me that's for sure. He's trying his best. Although he still can't understand. He's still trying to understand the meaning of protecting a precious person and even though he thinks that loneliness can't be beatened...heehee, there's a great solution for this of course! And that's hang out with Naruto (Like Killua did and became best friends with Gon in Hunter x Hunter)!

Lee is probably the most naive and innocent genin in this story. Even earnest thinking has it's limits! Although, I have a feeling that Lee and Gaara are gonna be best friends. Heh. What do you guys think?

Well, isn't Naruto raining sweat or what?! Which is gross, he must be dead exhausted if he's sweating that bad.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:17   Link #94
wb_hicks

man this was a good chapter. kimi clan are monsters i can see why the mist doesnt like clans of advance bloodlines. after seeing all of kimis moves i think he would of killed all three of them if he was in good health. even gaara at teh end admitted that they were beaten by him. even tho lee says luck is also part of strength. oro jutsu and kimi body just thinking about it is scary.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:20   Link #95
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Not a bad chapter IMO.

Gaara didn't own Kimimaru in the least bit, I bet that if Kimi hadn't suddenly died on the spot, Gaara and Lee would be dead. Gaara was surprised by the sudden appearance and attempted attack of Kimimaru, heck he didn't even have his sand shield up, no time to resummon the Shield of Shukaku, and I doubt his Armor of Sand would have stood up against the Spear, which by the way, Kimimaru created on the opposite arm of the last one, I'm guessing the first one completely destroyed his arm bones when it shattered.

What I got from the discussion between Gaara and Lee was that, even if you know your precious person is someone evil, they are still precious to you because you care for them. They saved you from your loneliness. Gaara's last statement, a person can't defeat loneliness, was most likely directed towards Kimimaru. Kimimaru, who even when protecting someone precious, died alone. I don't think Gaara fully believes in the motto of fighting for someone precious, he believes that even if he does, he will die alone, in loneliness.

The two staues, are, I believe, the 1st and 2nd Hokage's. The waterfall I believe is the seperation of the Country of Fire, and the Country that the Hidden Village of Sound resides in. Usually the waterfall respresents the seperation of two countries, regions, or lands, when this symbolism has been used in the past. Not the statues, but the waterfall itself.

BTW, , I noticed that the Country of Lightning, the Hidden Village of Cloud, didn't send anyone to participate in the Chunnin Exam, and in-fact, wasn't even mentioned during the entire thing, not even by Kabuto when viewing his cards. It has never been mentioned again since episode 6 when Kakashi was explaining the reasons why some countries, such as the Country of the Wave, didn't have Hidden Villages of Ninja's.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:21   Link #96
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
I'd like for someone to post what exact moves of Gaara's "owned" Kimimaro if you don't mind. It's easy to say, a lot harder to back up with concrete evidence.

Every attack that Gaara used against him, Kimimaro walked away from. I would think if you're going to own someone they're not going to keep attacking you...
owned might be too strong but it was mostly kimi reacting or recovering from gaaras attacks. If I recollect he only got close enough to lay 1 single punch on gaara the entire match, while gaara buried him multiple times. You could argue gaara owned kimi because he pushed kimi so far that he died of exhaustion.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:23   Link #97
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBattousai
BTW, , I noticed that the Country of Lightning, the Hidden Village of Cloud, didn't send anyone to participate in the Chunnin Exam, and in-fact, wasn't even mentioned during the entire thing, not even by Kabuto when viewing his cards. It has never been mentioned again since episode 6 when Kakashi was explaining the reasons why some countries, such as the Country of the Wave, didn't have Hidden Villages of Ninja's.
The Chuunin Exams are only between allied countries and villages...so that pretty much means Water, Lightning, and Earth Country aren't the Leaf's allies.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-05-28 at 23:18. Reason: Earth Country, Rock Village
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:25   Link #98
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshtin
I have a bad feeling Naruto is going to get more and more absurd with each new chapter...WE might as well be watching some crazed jumped up DBGT again. I mean weren't they supposed to be quite human before? Now there are people running around with 2 heads and shit.
that sig needs some atkins diet

did you forget the part where oro turned into a giant snake? I have to agree kimi's bloodline is a little too freaky.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:30   Link #99
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
The Chuunin Exams are only between allied countries and villages...so that pretty much means Water, Lightning, and Rock Country aren't the Leaf's allies.
Plus after that last fiasco with the Hyuuga, I very much doubt anyone from Cloud would have the sheer gall to step in Leaf Village ever again.
Old 2004-05-28, 22:34   Link #100
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
owned might be too strong but it was mostly kimi reacting or recovering from gaaras attacks. If I recollect he only got close enough to lay 1 single punch on gaara the entire match, while gaara buried him multiple times. You could argue gaara owned kimi because he pushed kimi so far that he died of exhaustion.
Regardless, Kimimaro won the fight in the end but dropped dead of illness at the last second. Gaara was pretty much screwed when Kimi popped up behind him(as Gaara put it, "We would have been completely beaten, wouldn't we?" according to Inane).
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote