AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 7 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 38.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-09, 06:12   Link #41
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Lol episode 19 was pure 1337ness. I'm already on the halfway of my summer break and they just started xP
Old 2007-08-09, 07:41   Link #42
Fruitfly

I believe all the characters have some weakness except maybe Hayate.
Bugs for Maria, Height for Hina, and the darkness for Nagi. Interesting that Nagi can't handle the dark in the sewer, but she laughs at a horror movie. Character mess up?
Old 2007-08-09, 11:04   Link #43
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Bugs for Maria, Height for Hina, and the darkness for Nagi. Interesting that Nagi can't handle the dark in the sewer, but she laughs at a horror movie. Character mess up?
she is not scared of horror movies cuz their is light in front of her the TV
Old 2007-08-09, 11:31   Link #44
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Hayate is naive since he is not use to being social. So I guess a weakness for hayate is that hes gulliable(spell check please)?
Old 2007-08-09, 14:41   Link #45
anselfir
Style Über Alles

The pendant...interesting. If it turns out to be a nagi-only bind then there is no way that would be a sympathetic ending. This one-sided relationship would probably be revealed later on to be of some crutch that nagi must throw away in order to 'grow up' in a more acceptable manner. But then again, why would she need to grow up, with all that money. lol.

oh and, I would protect maria-san any day!
Old 2007-08-09, 15:42   Link #46
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Is maria scarred of bugs or cockroaches specifically? Because if thats the case I can empathize... Bugs dont really bother me but cockroaches freak the hell out of me for various childhood related reasons.

As for the episode itself I loved it. HayatexMaria moments paired with lots of saki? Yes please ill take some more.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-09, 16:38   Link #47
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Is maria scarred of bugs or cockroaches specifically? Because if thats the case I can empathize... Bugs dont really bother me but cockroaches freak the hell out of me for various childhood related reasons.

As for the episode itself I loved it. HayatexMaria moments paired with lots of saki? Yes please ill take some more.
I believe her profile says shes afraid of dark life forms so not all bugs.
I can probably relate because I can't stand spiders, cockroaches, and centipedes or just anything that can pop out of the wall
Old 2007-08-09, 18:26   Link #48
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Isn't it funny that there a lot of new anime coming out where girls who look like they're 6 years old but they're really 17 or 18.
Behold the power of loli. That's why I wasn't surprised that Nagi's image song is charting better than Hinagiku's.
Old 2007-08-09, 18:51   Link #49
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Yeah well... If there was a cokaroach of that size, I wouldn't be surprise for other people freaking out either O.o. Btw Someone list all the refrences ^_^. Needa check my list to make sure.
Old 2007-08-09, 20:13   Link #50
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Yeah well... If there was a cokaroach of that size, I wouldn't be surprise for other people freaking out either O.o. Btw Someone list all the refrences ^_^. Needa check my list to make sure.
there is a reference section here you should look over there.
Old 2007-08-10, 10:13   Link #51
Fruitfly

Here's a compilation of the references in episode 19
http://whoopdedo.org/moe/anime:hayat...oku#episode_19

Spoiler for ep19 references:

- I'm unsure of all the ring references because I haven't watched the ring

in the butler's corner, Nagi calls herself a "red cross killer"
In North America, the red cross does life saving. Does it mean something else in Japan?

Also does the censor guy have a name? If he doesn't, someone give him a nickname
Old 2007-08-10, 11:22   Link #52
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Meh... I call him... Narutard xD. And yeah, my list is almost the exact same thing right there though I can't get that cockroach off my head. I know I remember seeing it in a movie b4 but I just forgot about it.
Old 2007-08-10, 14:25   Link #53
Calawain
Gaijin

Good stuff this episode, nice to see some Hayate x Maria screentime =)
Old 2007-08-10, 21:15   Link #54
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

No Hina, but Maria and Saki helped to make up for it. Looking forward to the epic battle next week...
Old 2007-08-11, 07:47   Link #55
SSkyy
Readily Apparant

Quote:
Costumes for Hayate .

Anyway, I agree that episode 19 was good, but episode 20 will definitely be better.

Its funny how the cockroach simply walked away when facing Maria. Deterred by determination?
Old 2007-08-13, 17:21   Link #56
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
* 16:56 --- "That child already left" refers to Sadako from the Ring

- I'm unsure of all the ring references because I haven't watched the ring
Really? Dunno if there's much point for you to watch it now, since you know pretty much the entire plot already. But where do you get the above reference from then? I don't exactly recall the line myself, but it's not like I have the movie memorized either. I guess I could rent it again...

AFAIK, the Red Cross is an international organization. But in Islamic countries they go by the name "Red Crescent".

And I call the censor cartoon "Can't Show On TV Guy". I think they one with long hair is his sister, "Can't Show On TV Girl". And I'm a little sad they they're not on the DVDs. OTOH, there's episode 11.
Old 2007-08-14, 00:10   Link #57
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Really? Dunno if there's much point for you to watch it now, since you know pretty much the entire plot already. But where do you get the above reference from then? I don't exactly recall the line myself, but it's not like I have the movie memorized either. I guess I could rent it again...
It's a guess because wikipedia calls Sadako a child. I think I read it too fast. I'll take that out if you haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
And I call the censor cartoon "Can't Show On TV Guy". I think they one with long hair is his sister, "Can't Show On TV Girl". And I'm a little sad they they're not on the DVDs. OTOH, there's episode 11.
that name is too long. Maybe we can simplify it to CSOTV guy (abbreviated) or CaShOnTe guy? (take the 1st 2 letters of each word like how Japanese people do it. I think that's how they do it). The green hair girls who dropped the basin on Maou's head could be the Basin Twins.

Oh yeah. They kept the 'Can't show on tv' guy in some spots in the DVD. They used him for jokes in some spots. I'm assuming they'll keep the one in episode 8 when Tama gets on top of Hayate
Old 2007-10-17, 01:17   Link #58
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Lookin' kinda GAR there, Wataru-kun.

I, for one, was very impressed by his dedication during his moment of temptation. That was quite a manly decision to make and his impromptu excuse was quite convincing. Nice job, kid - here's hoping sometime in the future, your courage will pay off.
Closed Thread