AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-12, 02:17   Link #3441
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ditzy and a bit naive, but she is among the smartest people in her school, along with Chad.

not to mention athletic
Old 2010-08-12, 02:19   Link #3442
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not to mention athletic
Athletic? I never noticed Orihime being athletic.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:37   Link #3443
x.X_Hopelessness_X.x
Tres Espada ;-)

Send a message via ICQ to x.X_Hopelessness_X.x
I vote "Don't really like her, don't really hate her".
People hate her, because she isn't clever. This fact is very simple.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:39   Link #3444
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
early chapter stuff
Old 2010-08-12, 02:40   Link #3445
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's pointless for brains to mean anything for anyone in this series. Everybody acts as a retard no matter how smart his stats mention he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
early chapter stuff
Yes, yet another thing Kubo did not exploit further. There is one animegirl who despite frail appearances makes sure to use her skills to do some work. And that is Hitomi in Escaflowne. Here, Orihime could be good playing the flute or something and it still doesn't mean sh*t. Because it is a trait that was left unexploited.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:50   Link #3446
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

very sad and true
Old 2010-08-12, 04:01   Link #3447
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Orihime does have a sad character development : /

She's similar to (Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana) pretty helpless in many situations, but Orihime does differ from the fact she has the ability to "reverse time to where the injury never happened"

But apart from that, that's the only difference I see between them.
Old 2010-08-13, 01:57   Link #3448
maymay
Inactive~

Okay, I confess, I used to be an Orihime hater (years ago)

I can't hate her anymore though. I dunno why really but I've recently started to really like her after rereading some of the manga and revisiting her character a bit. It's true she does a lot of things that disappoint me (the Kurosaki-kuns for one, and all the business that went down on the dome) but ultimately I think she's a pretty realistic 15-16 year old girl with a lot of endearing quirks. People really don't cut her enough slack imo. I do miss the bubbly and crazy fun that was Hime of earlier chapters though (remember her drawing of herself in the future? xD Pure genius <33)

As for all the shipping stuff. I don't like her dynamic with Ichigo. That opinion hasn't changed. It's a perfectly fine pairing but it's just not for me. It doesn't do it for me xD But I also don't really ship Ichigo with Rukia anymore either (even though I'm a huuugee Rukia fangirl). To be perfectly honest, I'm more inclined to Rukia/Orihime
Old 2010-08-13, 07:07   Link #3449
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
Okay, I confess, I used to be an Orihime hater (years ago)
For some reason, I've grown to like her also in the past few years...

Quote:
I can't hate her anymore though. I dunno why really but I've recently started to really like her after rereading some of the manga and revisiting her character a bit. It's true she does a lot of things that disappoint me (the Kurosaki-kuns for one, and all the business that went down on the dome) but ultimately I think she's a pretty realistic 15-16 year old girl with a lot of endearing quirks. People really don't cut her enough slack imo. I do miss the bubbly and crazy fun that was Hime of earlier chapters though (remember her drawing of herself in the future? xD Pure genius <33)
You mean the drawing where she would become supreme overlord of earth with a tank-like body and all the buildings were on fire??

Quote:
As for all the shipping stuff. I don't like her dynamic with Ichigo. That opinion hasn't changed. It's a perfectly fine pairing but it's just not for me. It doesn't do it for me xD But I also don't really ship Ichigo with Rukia anymore either (even though I'm a huuugee Rukia fangirl). To be perfectly honest, I'm more inclined to Rukia/Orihime
Wait.... Lesbian action between them.... *nose-bleed*
Old 2010-08-13, 23:21   Link #3450
SakuraHououji-NoMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Tatsuki teaches her karate and she is black belt level. And the episode where she and Tatsuki were playing that game Orihime made: the one combining soccer and baseball. There might be more but those two immediately came to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
And that is Hitomi in Escaflowne.
Ahhh yes, Hitomi the track star. Remember her midair jump from one ship to another? Golden. I love The Vision of Escaflowne. The movie's not bad either.
Old 2010-08-14, 00:16   Link #3451
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
To be perfectly honest, I'm more inclined to Rukia/Orihime
Im not into that Lesbian stuff but the other day I said the same thing, since Ichihime fans and IchiRuki fans fuss over stuff I said "maybe Orihime and Rukia should hook up so they can stop making such a fuss"! Even though i'm a IchiRuki fan myself!
Old 2010-08-14, 01:24   Link #3452
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
What's with all this Orihime hate?
Really simple, actually. Those who are Ichigo/[anyone other than Orihime] shippers, especially Ichigo/Rukia shippers (as they tend to be the most numerous and rabid) automatically feel a bit of animosity toward her since she stands in the way of their One True Pair. The really rabid shippers take this to the level of hate, as would be expected.

Among those who don't have any shipping preference (or don't care about shipping in general), anyone who a) doesn't like big-breasted characters, b) doesn't care for ditzy characters, or c) dislikes "weak" females in their shounen series (exacerbated by the fact that there are a number of "stronger" females in Bleach to compare her to) are also going to feel some animosity toward her. Again, the more rabid examples take it to the expected extreme.

Frankly, with everything that's against her, I'm surprised there isn't more hate piled upon her...
Old 2010-08-14, 01:31   Link #3453
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Really simple, actually. Those who are Ichigo/[anyone other than Orihime] shippers, especially Ichigo/Rukia shippers (as they tend to be the most numerous and rabid) automatically feel a bit of animosity toward her since she stands in the way of their One True Pair. The really rabid shippers take this to the level of hate, as would be expected.

Among those who don't have any shipping preference (or don't care about shipping in general), anyone who a) doesn't like big-breasted characters, b) doesn't care for ditzy characters, or c) dislikes "weak" females in their shounen series (exacerbated by the fact that there are a number of "stronger" females in Bleach to compare her to) are also going to feel some animosity toward her. Again, the more rabid examples take it to the expected extreme.

Frankly, with everything that's against her, I'm surprised there isn't more hate piled upon her...
You sir, just clarified all the many reasons why the majority of Bleach Fans somewhat/truly hate Orihime and you deserve the national prize of "Stating the Hate Reasons" award
Old 2010-08-14, 01:52   Link #3454
Alchemist007
*Author

He'd be the 100th person to receive such an award >_<
Old 2010-08-14, 01:54   Link #3455
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He'd be the 100th person to receive such an award >_<
In a 173-page thread, I certainly hope so... ^_^
Old 2010-08-14, 01:57   Link #3456
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah, it'd be disturbing if that wasn't the case...
Old 2010-08-14, 16:26   Link #3457
SakuraHououji-NoMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

hehehe, I rep'd you for this, hehehe

To bad that there are many that can't comprehend the simple facts that you pointed out so well. And even after reading that, there may still be people who don't get it, sadly.
Closed Thread