AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-13, 00:07   Link #1
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Miman Renai (Takashima Hiromi)

Miman Renai (未満れんあい)

Story & Art: TAKASHIMA Hiromi

Description: Twenty-nine-year-old Kurose Kazumi is a programmer in an eroge company and has played plenty of galges when he was younger, but he's completely uninterested in young girls. A chance encounter changes that when he meets a middle schooler who suddenly says she can't date him, but he realizes how cute she is and becomes friends with her. Not seeking an immediate romantic relationship, he is content with listening to her and letting her grow up on her own decisions. (Source: MangaUpdates, Tempester)

Genres: Comedy, Romance

Demographic: Seinen

Categories:
Spoiler:

Links: MangaUpdates
, BakaBT (download)
Get this manga thread template!
----

I took the liberty of editing and appending to the MangaUpdates synopsis since it was initially somewhat misleading.

Miman Renai is a flawed manga. There are several awkward moments of misunderstanding that are patched up too easily due to Tomoe (the girl) being extremely forgiving and considerate. The art style is messy, with a few characters (especially the company president) looking uglier than they're supposed to be, although it does improve in later chapters. The narrator is pointless and annoying. The ending is rushed due to the manga being canceled and the author forced to conclude everything in 2 chapters.

Yet despite all that, this manga is charming. There is very little fanservice so the story is mostly focused on the romance and the way it transforms Kazumi's life. Despite his eroge background, Kazumi is surprisingly innocent and pure, and this allows the relationship to blossom without getting messy or passionate (they don't even kiss, seriously). And Tomoe is just too cute! She is also very innocent for her age, and this gives them something in common. And while the ending is rushed, it closes off better than a lot of anime endings I've seen.

Miman Renai is another one of those "power of love" pure romance stories, this time with a May-December romance. While it has some flaws, it's too fun and sweet to pass up.
Old 2011-08-13, 09:06   Link #2
Aesthetic Shampoo

Reading it, up to chapter 15...but the main guy is retarded. The creepy side of him i mind much less, though watching his antics are frustrating...but kinda sweet in a weird way.

EDIT: Okay, finished, it was a rather entertaining read. Glad to see he let up with the stupid actions early on too.

Last edited by Aesthetic Shampoo; 2011-08-13 at 10:49.
Old 2011-08-13, 19:24   Link #3
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Reading it, up to chapter 15...but the main guy is retarded. The creepy side of him i mind much less, though watching his antics are frustrating...but kinda sweet in a weird way.

EDIT: Okay, finished, it was a rather entertaining read. Glad to see he let up with the stupid actions early on too.
Haha. I can see why you would think that. Before meeting Tomoe, Kazumi was a man with a skimpy social life and a near-nonexistent love life. His only previous 'experience' with romance was with galge, which is not nearly the preferable guide to courting women or making friends. That's why I didn't mind his awkwardness that much.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it in the end.
Old 2011-08-14, 20:22   Link #4
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

This manga is great even it is short. I find the main guy creepy sometimes. Also, I'm secretly shipping for Kurose x Senpai(President) even though it won't really happen. If she were just more open and honest of her feelings. But man, having a 18 y/o girlfriend when you are already 35. Damn, talk about luck.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, manga, romance, seinen