AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-02, 19:41   Link #601
shinigami99

I didn't see Lelouch's body physically decay by maggots into bones, therefore he can be brought back. Let's face it, Sunrise has done worse- eg. Muu la flaaga died in Gundam Seed........surely he was- I mean, he was utterly fried but then he was brought back with some kind of plot magic. He was not even nearly as popular a character as Lelouch. Lelouch will be back guys, I heard there is a Lelouch of the Rebellion movie coming out at some point in the future. Maybe that's when he will be back.

However, after seeing Akito's character in this OVA, I highly doubt that he will survive ( I mean he gave his own death flag by saying that he lives to die). He is a very different type of badass character to both Lelouch and Suzaku so he could be interesting. But Code Geass isn't Code Geass without a badass lead.

I think Layla will survive. She's also a pretty strong character and she doesn't seem to have many flaws in her personality (at least-not yet).
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:01   Link #602
lightbringer
M9000

Yeah, this definitely feels like the old Code Geass, very nice. I didn't really have any expectations going in but it turned out well. Akito's a fitting lead although his agenda is not really clearly defined yet. He jumps around a lot and shows a bit too many vastly different expressions. And suddenly it feels like there's a few too many Geass-related people walking about, but I guess that's to be expected. But the real tragedy is that this is something that deserved to be turned into a one or two-cour series rather than four OVA stretched over two years.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 08:02   Link #603
somersault
thus spoke zarathustra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
As another famous character once said;"There are always possibilities.", but I doubt Sunrise would provide such a tidy ending to R2.
The ending was left open so they could return there one day and pick up where they left off.
Well, I was mostly joking but never underestimate Sunrise's troll forces.
On the other hand, yes, I do believe that maybe in the future Geass might be explored again, it's very possible, seeing as it is still popular as hell.
somersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 08:13   Link #604
rinichan

Akito will survive, Layla too, as she narrates the whole thing... and I will not be surprise if Akito and Layla will be the ones giving Lelouch some headache during the 2 month time skip after Lulu acquired damocles...
Ryu is better than Ohgi....
akito or suzaku.. at least akito is againts brittania...
me akito for now...

Thoughts about ed song pics
Spoiler:

Last edited by rinichan; 2012-10-03 at 09:10.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 19:01   Link #605
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say a pretty gripping first episode for this OVA. The preview didn't hurt either with some shots of Suzaku and C.C. Some pretty intense powers and certainly a good sprinkling of geass.

Akito really is a guy who could go out in a blaze of glory...or maybe just a blaze of death with how intense his fighting style is.

An ugly situation watching the State of the Japanese in Europe. Though think it wouldn't have hurt to show off a few other groups that suffered the same fate, since with the whole "Area 11" thing it's not like they were the only ones losing their identity. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that surprising that even the Europeans wouldn't treat the Japanese that well.
Old 2012-10-03, 19:34   Link #606
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Funny, even in other countries they still label Japanese as "11s" ( and I thought it was only Britannia). It's not yet half of a century but that view is so encrypted in their F***ng mind! How retarded...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 20:02   Link #607
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
Well, I was mostly joking but never underestimate Sunrise's troll forces.
On the other hand, yes, I do believe that maybe in the future Geass might be explored again, it's very possible, seeing as it is still popular as hell.
Oh I understood the humor part, but it did make sense. I've said that Sunrise put the now famous (or infamous) cart driver scene there for a reason, and perhaps Amito is the reason.

Now since we're all putting our two cents worth on the new show and who will survive and who won't, I'll go ahead and stick my neck out too!
Akito and Layla will survive and I think we've seen the elimination of those who were meant to die already. In the showdown between Akito and Suzaku it will be a BETTER fight than the one with Suzaku and Kallen! And I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Layla behind the scenes in a possible (if there is one) sequel as some sort of hi-ranking espionage type working for Nunnally.
Also I wouldn't be surprised if Akito is Kallen's Knightmare piloting teacher. But that might be a stretch though.
Did anybody catch the bunny girl in the first episode?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 20:37   Link #608
NoemiChan
Banned

Oh, that scene??

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-03, 21:14   Link #609
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Funny, even in other countries they still label Japanese as "11s" ( and I thought it was only Britannia). It's not yet half of a century but that view is so encrypted in their F***ng mind! How retarded...
I don't think encrypted is the right word here. I think the word you might be going for is engraved.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 21:16   Link #610
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I don't think encrypted is the right word here. I think the word you might be going for is engraved.
Sorry for bad english...
Old 2012-10-04, 01:41   Link #611
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
ooo loved this first ep. cant wait for more. have no complaints about it.
Old 2012-10-04, 07:50   Link #612
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Oh, that scene??

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kallen have to work double time to satisfy CC's pizza cravings....
That's Johan's whore... the Kallen look-alike... but maybe thats her too...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 08:19   Link #613
Xander

^^^
And I'm sure the blonde girl is Milly too.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 09:11   Link #614
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Watched it and found it suitable for the Code Geass franchise.

Loved the fights. Sunrise really knows to choreograph the fight scenes.

Loved Layla's character but on the fence regarding Akito.

Since Suzaku is showing up next episode, I am expecting a great fight.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:45   Link #615
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
Kallen have to work double time to satisfy CC's pizza cravings....
That's Johan's whore... the Kallen look-alike... but maybe thats her too...
Not cool.

I know (I hope) it's a look-a-like, but still...they have a whole stable of different hair colors, eye colors, skin colors, hair styles, and body types to choose from at CLAMP.
Why make the whore look like Kallen?

Not to belabor the point, but adding this clone was in poor taste IMHO.
Old 2012-10-04, 10:01   Link #616
konart

Clone? I see no resemblance at all. Only the hair color. Even the hair style is different
Old 2012-10-04, 12:26   Link #617
somersault
thus spoke zarathustra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Clone? I see no resemblance at all. Only the hair color. Even the hair style is different
Me neither. But apparently some people are obsessed with Kallen. Stay pressed.
somersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:33   Link #618
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. Part of me feels like if it was done in another, maybe a better, way.. Code Geass could've expanded it's world and been as expansive as the original Gundam UC universe..

There was so many other wars and so many other stories that could've been told..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:01   Link #619
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm.. Part of me feels like if it was done in another, maybe a better, way.. Code Geass could've expanded it's world and been as expansive as the original Gundam UC universe..
In more than one sense that's a bit of a loaded argument, so to speak, because the Universal Century was originally expanded by simply making three direct sequels and not really trying anything too radical at heart, nor attempting to create any animated side stories until those were all done.

If anything, they only tried new things after finally removing Char and Amuro from the equation...and, in this case, they are trying something new precisely because Lelouch can't be involved in the proceedings.

Then again, that is also ignoring all the other differences in historical contexts, specific circumstances and even business realities, which make an exact replication between the two properties impossible. But still...I'm afraid I don't share your negative outlook, mostly because it inaccurately suggests that this isn't an expansion or that it prevents other stories from being told in the future, when the opposite is actually true.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:30   Link #620
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
In more than one sense that's a bit of a loaded argument, so to speak, because the Universal Century was originally expanded by simply making three direct sequels and not really trying anything too radical at heart, nor attempting to create any animated side stories until those were all done.

If anything, they only tried new things after finally removing Char and Amuro from the equation...and, in this case, they are trying something new precisely because Lelouch can't be involved in the proceedings.

Then again, that is also ignoring all the other differences in historical contexts, specific circumstances and even business realities, which make an exact replication between the two properties impossible. But still...I'm afraid I don't share your negative outlook, mostly because it inaccurately suggests that this isn't an expansion or that it prevents other stories from being told in the future, when the opposite is actually true.
Fair criticism. I think I was definitely being unclear. What I meant to say was, they condensed so many events and put them right into the main series, so that the feeling that "there's a wider world out there with more going on" didn't come across.

Maybe you don't share this feeling, but when I watched it and then heard afterwards they were doing this OAV, my first thought was: "Everything important event happened in the main series.. so what's the point?" -- I guess I felt they didn't take advantage to properly "world build" the setting more even though they had the opportunity to make it feel more expansive.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote