AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 09:21   Link #3561
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post4960578

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 09:34   Link #3562
zztop

Further proving that both TM X Nana songs were both BEST Valvrave anime OPs and mainstream hits of Japan!!
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 09:38   Link #3563
zztop

Since Sunrise owns Valvrave, what are the chances of Gintama parodying it?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 10:45   Link #3564
Fjoergyn

Final Web radio: This is my friend Radio

Q: would you want a Valvrave movie?
Ohsaka (Haruto VA): No! unless it's a recap. I won't get any roles otherwise!
Kimura: (L-Elf) Yes!

They think Thunder is an awesome guy. Betrayed, or not, he is willing to protect others

They don't know who the Prince is either

They thought the orange suit fight scene was really memorable

Which girl you do like if it was real life?
Ohsaka Haruto VA: Saki. It took only a second for him to answer.
Kimura L-Elf VA: After considering between Kriem or Takahi, he goes with Shoko
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 11:13   Link #3565
NeutralZero

now that's nice... the voice actor go for Saki and the other goes for Shoko...
is this a form for ship tease to the listener for the final time?
and hope that if they did go for a move a recap one... or redo...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 12:02   Link #3566
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

No story continuation to fix the mess? Figures. At least it is over now.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 12:07   Link #3567
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Which girl you do like if it was real life?
Ohsaka Haruto VA: Saki. It took only a second for him to answer.
Kimura L-Elf VA: After considering between Kriem or Takahi, he goes with Shoko
No, Kimura says he likes Akira (he really, really, really likes her).

The fanletter asks them which female character they think would be popular if they were in the real world and that they (the person who wrote the letter) think it would be Takahi. Ohsaka and Kimura go on to discuss how Kreim would be popular with her subordinates (though they think it's more admiration than popularity), people who don't know Takahi's dere side like the viewers do will probably find her to be a mean girl and that Shoko would most likely be the most popular IRL.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:25   Link #3568
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
No, Kimura says he likes Akira (he really, really, really likes her).

The fanletter asks them which female character they think would be popular if they were in the real world and that they (the person who wrote the letter) think it would be Takahi. Ohsaka and Kimura go on to discuss how Kreim would be popular with her subordinates (though they think it's more admiration than popularity), people who don't know Takahi's dere side like the viewers do will probably find her to be a mean girl and that Shoko would most likely be the most popular IRL.

lol Oh thank god, so he does have good taste. xD
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:31   Link #3569
Key Board
Carbon

And I think Ohsaka does like Saki

He said in an earlier web radio that Saki was his personal choice for most popular female character
In the fanbook he said that Saki was the kind of girl that would make your heart race. ( Kimura said Takahi )
And now, he votes for Saki again. And as noted, he answered that with little hesitation. xd
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:10   Link #3570
LightDragonman

Bet he was hoping for Haruto and Saki to be together. XD
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:43   Link #3571
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

He said in an earlier web radio that Saki was his personal choice for most popular female character
In the fanbook he said that Saki was the kind of girl that would make your heart race. ( Kimura said Takahi )
And now, he votes for Saki again. And as noted, he answered that with little hesitation. xd
He has no taste. Akira ~ Liselotte ~ Marie > Saki >>>>>>> all other girls.

Wouldn't you want an imouto to call you "Baka onii-chan" or a cuddly loli to hug?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:51   Link #3572
NeutralZero

Really?
Saki can take on Akira any day...
Saki ~ Krim ~ Akira ~ Takahi/Liselotte... et al...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 10:50   Link #3573
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Ohsaka said in the recent webradio that he's into plamo and that he's building Carmilla at the moment, so yeah, total Sakifag and confirmed for good taste.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:04   Link #3574
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Ohsaka said in the recent webradio that he's into plamo and that he's building Carmilla at the moment, so yeah, total Sakifag and confirmed for good taste.
Hehe, that's so cute. It's always nice to find out little tidbits about VA's.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 23:30   Link #3575
LightDragonman

You know, I would have much preferred it if the season continued the pattern of allowing for multiple characters to get the spotlight like in the first one, rather than the increased focus on the two main ones that it took. Really, the only characters that had any development that weren't just to further Haruto's development and had personalities of their own were Marie and Liselotte, and even then they got just one episode of development before getting killed.

The reason the other pilots were so liked in the first season was because they all got development of their own, and indeed grew as characters. Saki went from someone who only cared about fame to a genuinely selfless and caring woman. Kyuuma's love for Aina is what led him to become a pilot and to channel his energy for good after her death. Raizo started as a typical jerk, but gradually stated to care about his friends and showed that he does indeed have a heart of gold. Finally Akira's interactions with Shouko enabled her to come out of her shell and confront her fears of other people, not to mention rekindle her with her brother.

Basically what I'm saying is that these characters were sympathetic because they grew, and because their motivations and personalities were so relatable and down-to-earth. We the audience (or at the very least I) wanted to see these guys continue to mature and conquer their flaws and emerge triumphant. The problem I feel is that the writers had their eyes set too high, and tried to make the story in the second season into this grand epic sprawling sci-fi fantasy, with political intrigue, death of main characters, and metaphors. Because of that, the characters were essentially shoved to the side in favor of these forced themes.

Saki got captured and tortured, all for the sake of showing how "evil" the bad guys were and because they needed a way to unveil the curse, not even getting into her abandonment by the rest of the heroes. Both Raizo and Kyuuma died because the plot demanded that they end with heroic sacrifices, not because their growth is what led to this logical conclusion. Akira came out a bit better, as she at least was able to rekindle with her brother, but that was all for one episode. The rest of the season was spent with Haruto and L-Elf as they tried to struggle against the Dorssian Empire and the effects of the curse. That's good and all, but in a show that is mainly about the characters, changing it from a character-driven story to a plot-driven one is almost always a poor choice.

To summarize, the term "less is more" is something that I feel the writers should have abided by, and focused mainly on the characters, like they did in the first season.
Old 2014-01-03, 02:57   Link #3576
Key Board
Carbon

well, I agree that it tried to be too many things, but upon retrospect I think it's clear that the script writer was only emotionally invested in L-elf and Haruto. (maybe a bit of Satomi too)

when the focus shifted to predominantly Haruto and L-Elf things became awkward for the audience

I'm not sure if more episodes would have solved all of its problems. I think it also needed a secondary script writer. Someone who cares, to handle the non-Haruto or L-Elf characters
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-01-03, 04:38   Link #3577
LightDragonman

That too. I think that there needed to be more episodes and/or writers here so that it would give everyone a chance to grow. Because just when we are getting into one of the character's development, such as Saki being captured and the like, it cuts away to what Haruto and L-Elf are doing. Please cut back to the others. I'm more interested in them than on your main characters.
Old 2014-01-03, 05:27   Link #3578
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Please cut back to the others. I'm more interested in them than on your main characters.
They are main characters for a reason.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 05:33   Link #3579
Key Board
Carbon

Yes, but it would have been nice it was more of an ensemble cast
Can you imagine if Fate Zero was predominantly focused on Saber?

I know why they had to do things, but it feels that a lot of what they built up went nowhere
I think could have cut back on some of the L-Elf Haruto circular logic
Heck, cut the opening sequence in the last episode. That extra minute could have wrapped things a bit better

//
Old 2014-01-03, 05:59   Link #3580
Thess

Quote:
Yes, but it would have been nice it was more of an ensemble cast
Can you imagine if Fate Zero was predominantly focused on Saber?
Kiritsugu was the main character of Fate/Zero anime. If you count the novels, Gen said the mains were Kiritsugu and Kotomine, but he would have wanted Waver and Rider as the protagonists.

Secondly, there are spin-offs for the pilots (a manga chapter each to explore them), Saki POV manga, A-drei POV manga (and H-Neun and X-eins special chapter) to flesh out the favorites. The show is rightfully focused on Haruto and L-Elf. If you wanted more of the side characters, there are manga specially made for fans to rely on.

The built up for the show was about revealing the truth to the world. It was announced in all previews, you know. You're asking about resolution of embellishment subplots, well, then I agree, but the main build up was delivered.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire