AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 17:00   Link #61
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Damn large VA cast for a Non Licensed Anime.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 17:20   Link #62
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Damn large VA cast for a Non Licensed Anime.
Well Negima has a large cast when you have 31 girls in the class + Negi + other characters.

Now a lot of the girls will not get much time, I've read about 60 chapters in the manga and some girls have had maybe 2 or 3 lines during that time.

It's also worth pointing that 10 of the seiyuu's for the girls will be making their debuts in Negima.

That's a very high number. It makes me think that they probably negotiated with the agency representing certain seiyuu's and the agency told them like "ok we'll let you have so and so, but you need to let this new girl make her debut" and so on.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 03:09   Link #63
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Actually I think all the roles and their seiyuu's were announced with the release of the preview or prior to it. I'll post the list KJ1980 posted in an older negima thread...So You can see Nodoka is being voiced by Noto Mamiko who voices Shimako in Maria-Sama, and some of he other recent voice roles were Nina Fortner/Anna in Monster, Yuka in Elfen Lied, Yukinari(MALE) in Girls Bravo, and Yakumo in School Rumble.
The seiyuus were selected about a year ago just prior to the release of the character image CDs.

Yes, Miyazaki Nodoka is played by Noto Mamiko. Nodoka, Yue-Yue, and Paru's character image CD "Mahou Sensei Negima! Mahora Gakuen Chuutou-bu 2-A 6gatsu: Toshokan-tankenbu" was released February of this year.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 03:37   Link #64
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweb
Um, I hate to sound disconnected...but whatever happened to the traslated scans of the manga? It was being posted at Anime Waves, translated by Hoshi Manga...but it stalled a long time ago at Vol 1 Chapter 4.

I am uneasy with the idea of an OAV, but it's always possible to do a good one.

In the teaser, I didn't see Miyazaki-san, the girl who's shyly stalking Negi and takes him to the library. She HAS to be in this for it to work. It would be like leaving Shinobu-chan out of Love Hina.
The manga is STILL being scanlated, both in English (ch. 61) and Chinese (ch. 72)... but I can't tell you by who...

Oh wait, "my cat is making a sound..."
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 08:44   Link #65
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Official announcement is in the Shonen Magazine
http://www.shonenmagazine.com/magazine_48/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
Oh wait, "my cat is making a sound..."
NYA NYA?
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 20:14   Link #66
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
baka.

Its Nyo Nyo!!

Old 2004-12-28, 08:42   Link #67
lensman

Send a message via Yahoo to lensman
Mahou Sensei Negima-The Anime/Fansub Thread

Well, the anime is coming on the 5th of January (not the 20th), and there is already a trailer online:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/b-bansen/anime/negima.html

I figure that, with the rate the fansub groups are working right now we will see a fansub before the 20th of January, unless "they" decide to pull a Mediafactory again. That's why I decided to open this thread now to discuss the raws and the fansubs of Negima.

Before we start, lets say that I am willing to watch the anime for what it's worth on its own, and not what it's supposed to be. I enjoyed the Love Hina TV character designs, even though they were different from the manga, because they suited an animation better. Hell, I even liked Mutsumi's more mature character design better in the anime (in the manga you can't tell she is older than Keitaro and Naru). Even though the anime was MUCH more inferior than the manga, it was a good anime in its own right.

OK, first impressions judging by the trailer.

I didn't like the trailer that much because it showed everything on a 4-way split with one side displaying the characters, and the other displaying scenes from the show. I had to watch it 5 times just get a small glimpse of all the characters, and figure out what was going on. Why can't they do a normal trailer like everyone else?

The character designs were OK. Asuna's eyes weren't as irritating as they were in the initial promo. Of course this might actually be due to the fact that I was watching the trailer on a lousy dial-up with really low resolution. Sayo, Nodoka, Yue, and Kazumi were spot-on, and I am looking forward to see them animated (even though I am not sure if Sayo and Kazumi will make it on-screen).

All around the Negima forums, a lot of complaints have been raised about the character's hair. Chisame has green hair, while Chiduro (or is it Chizuro?) has purple. I don't really mind the mind the hair, as it's Standard Operating Procedure in anime, but the trailer, with the faces of the students interchanging rapidly, brought out something else, that might be an even bigger flaw: many of the student's faces are drawn identical, with the hair being the only distinctive feature.

What is this, U-Jin brand? In the first volume of Negima, in all it's black-and-white glory, we could see the face differences in facial characteristics clearly, even without the hair. Hopefully, the differences in body structure will bring out more variety in the class roster.

I also liked the way Takahata-sensei is being drawn. Even though the hair color is not the blond I was imagining it to be, it kind of gives of a funky Seta-like quality.

From the look of things, the series is going to have tons of fan-service and it's going to be 13 episodes long in its first season, covering volumes 1-3 from the manga. As I've said before, 13 eps are just the right number to have a decent pacing for Negima, so I am very hyped up about the upcoming series.

OK, bring on your posts!

Last edited by lensman; 2004-12-28 at 08:59.
lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 09:06   Link #68
FlyByNite

I noticed in some of the promo's in magazine ads for Negima that I saw scanned they had toned down the drastic difference between Asuna's two eyes in those pictures and they were supposedly from the anime. It's still present, but it's not nearly as bad as it was in the short little special.

13 episodes? That works. Then they take a break for awhile then do another 13. It lets the manga continue and the anime to not jump ahead of it.

I'm not sure what group is subbing it. I know Deathsquad was going to then it disappeared. Meow also subbed the short special for it although I'm not sure if they were going to do the series as well since they're mainly manga translators. Oh wait, I think I remember Ayu&Anime-Keep being listed for this as a joint in the fansub winter series thread. That's cool then wheee
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 10:29   Link #69
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster

I wish Negima will be a great anime series. I'm a great fan of Love Hina and I'm following the Negi's manga since her first apparence on Shonen Magazine.

It's a little disappointing to know that there will be only 13 episodes, but I wish that they'll be well made.
I've seen not only the TV trailer (the 4-way split one) but also the DVD Intro Film 1 and just now I'm downloading the Intro Film 2 (contained into the DVD published with the last audio cd - 12/22/2004). The chara design is a little different from manga but it's good so, some english fansub group please sub it fastest you can!
John Petrucci Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:12   Link #70
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Oh, I'm pretty excited about this.

Chisame has green hair? Chisame cum viridi coma mihi non placet. I wish she had her orangish hair like in the manga.

Asuna's eyes don't bother me at all. Heterochromia iridum est lepida, cogito!

Hee hee! I'm very eager to hear Japanese-ish Latin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Petrucci Blu
The chara design is a little different from manga but it's good so, some english fansub group please sub it fastest you can!
Well, I hope they do a good job on it, too. I hope they don't mangle the Latin... *Crosses fingers*
Old 2004-12-28, 12:10   Link #71
USCPharmacist

Well we'll all know about it in a few days after 1/5. Luckily even if no English sub gruop picks this up I am sure some Chinese group will

But even if I don't compare it to the manga, none of those promote drawing impressed me. I hope the animation will makes up for it. I meant comparing it to Mai Hime and you can tell right the way which one has better stills.

Oh well, with the CDs sell so well, maybe they'll have better animators next season eheheh.

One more thing though, if 13 eps is only the first season and not some crazy invented plot, I can accept the lower in quality if the show actually has a few seasons like Naruto, or One Piece. I meant there is no way to pay for a few seasons and still keep Escaflowne like quality.

Finally for those who hate pedophilia.....well the girls are simply smart to snach Negi when he is young cuz once he grows up, many girls will have no chance getting near him ehehhehehe (if you've seen his 15 years old version you'll know what I mean )
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 02:27   Link #72
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist

Finally for those who hate pedophilia.....well the girls are simply smart to snach Negi when he is young cuz once he grows up, many girls will have no chance getting near him ehehhehehe (if you've seen his 15 years old version you'll know what I mean )
I don't condone pedophilia but I thinks its cute in special situations like in some anime. For example: Cute - UFO Princess Walküre and Rizelmine. Although there happens to be some anime shows in my opinion that are just plain disturbing such as Koi Kaze.

Anyways, whats this 15 yrs. old Negi you mentioned. Is it in the manga? I've only read a few chapters of it.
Old 2004-12-29, 03:17   Link #73
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Anyways, whats this 15 yrs. old Negi you mentioned. Is it in the manga? I've only read a few chapters of it.
It's in chapter 77 of the manga but I don't spoil what happen
John Petrucci Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 03:50   Link #74
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Well we'll all know about it in a few days after 1/5. Luckily even if no English sub gruop picks this up I am sure some Chinese group will

But even if I don't compare it to the manga, none of those promote drawing impressed me. I hope the animation will makes up for it. I meant comparing it to Mai Hime and you can tell right the way which one has better stills.

Oh well, with the CDs sell so well, maybe they'll have better animators next season eheheh.

One more thing though, if 13 eps is only the first season and not some crazy invented plot, I can accept the lower in quality if the show actually has a few seasons like Naruto, or One Piece. I meant there is no way to pay for a few seasons and still keep Escaflowne like quality.

Yup, definitely agree with you on that one.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 15:55   Link #75
ColeDow

does anyone know what the first 3 volumes were chapter wise? something like 20-30 chapters?
ColeDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 13:16   Link #76
USCPharmacist

Today is the thing. We'll know either how good, how mediocre, or how OMFGBBQ the suck this anime is gonna be. Expecting low budget graphic cuz they waste them all on the seiyus ehhehe
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:45   Link #77
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDow
does anyone know what the first 3 volumes were chapter wise? something like 20-30 chapters?
Volume 1 - c001 to c007
Volume 2 - c008 to c015
Volume 3 - c016 to c025
Volume 4 - c026 to c034
Volume 5 - c035 to c043
Volume 6 - c044 to c053
Volume 7 - c054 to c062

Volume 8 - c063 to c071
Volume 9 - c072 to c080
Volume 10 - c081 to ...

(79 just came out in Japan, however 80 is the confirmed end of the volume)

EDIT:

Quote:

Chisame has green hair? Chisame cum viridi coma mihi non placet. I wish she had her orangish hair like in the manga.
Don't worry. TV Tokyo's trailer was wrong. Nobody could be a net idol with green hair.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:40   Link #78
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

/sigh and in the states we are only up to Vol 3
Old 2005-01-04, 17:13   Link #79
DeuceTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
/sigh and in the states we are only up to Vol 3
So I suppose this shiny new copy of Negima Volume 4 that I'm currently holding in my hands is just wishful thinking, then?

Get thee to a bookstore.
DeuceTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 18:18   Link #80
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Heh and here I am holding a nice 15% any book at Borders. I'm OFF!