AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-16, 23:08   Link #561
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I gotta give props to Bridget Hoffman (Asakuras VA) here. She was okay as Asakura, I guess, but as Achakura she's really damn good. She even manages to sound cute.

And "I AM NOT A BABYYY!!"
Old 2010-10-25, 14:24   Link #562
OkamiNoKaze

When is Haruhi-Chan going to be released, Amazon has sub only version is all I see, sold by Bandai.
Old 2010-10-25, 16:01   Link #563
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
When is Haruhi-Chan going to be released, Amazon has sub only version is all I see, sold by Bandai.
At the moment, if you want the Haruhi-chan dub, you have to buy it from the Bandai Store, where it will currently cost you $20 for the first volume.
Old 2010-10-25, 16:10   Link #564
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
At the moment, if you want the Haruhi-chan dub, you have to buy it from the Bandai Store, where it will currently cost you $20 for the first volume.
It's the exact same release from Bandai Entertainment, just through their Amazon store. It has both subtitles and the dub, but only 13 Haruhi-chan and 6 Nyoron~Churuya episodes since it's the first part of two releases. It's only available from Bandai's stores for the time being due to being an exclusive through them.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-10-26, 21:08   Link #565
OkamiNoKaze

Ah I see, the amazon listing said it was sub only, it sucks it's in two volumes though, you'd think you'd be able to fit them all in one volume, I'll probably wait and see if a box set comes about.
Old 2010-10-29, 07:04   Link #566
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know it was out. I bought Season 2 of the regular Haruhi earlier this month and I know I'm gonna support one of my favorite animes by buying volume 1 of Haruhi-chan and Churuya Nyoron early November when I can afford to do so.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2010-10-29 at 07:05. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 2010-11-19, 15:05   Link #567
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

This has been bugging me since I first watched "Lone Island Syndrome" and now that I've seen the first half of Haruhi-chan, I really want to know...

Who does the English voice acting for Mori?

Whomever does it is pretty good in my opinion, and even before I knew about the later not-yet-animated material, I knew that I was going to like her.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:01   Link #568
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
According to ANN, Hynden Walch, apparently. She also does the voice for Kimidori.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:21   Link #569
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Pretty costy, but to hear what the dub sounds for Haruhi-chan, then I have to go plan a time to "eventually" get to a bandai store....
Old 2010-11-22, 12:28   Link #570
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Pretty costy, but to hear what the dub sounds for Haruhi-chan, then I have to go plan a time to "eventually" get to a bandai store....
Yeah, that's Bandai for you. Haruhi-chan + Nyoron Churuya-San could've easily fit on one disc several times over. But, instead, they're releasing it in two volumes. Just as they'll be releasing K-On! (a fourteen episode series) in four volumes.

I suspect their defense is "Well, it could be worse. We could be charging you Japanese import prices," but, then again, the licenses are costly, the terms are restrictive, and the markets are tiny. Bandai has to make its money back somehow.
Old 2010-11-23, 00:17   Link #571
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Yeah, that's Bandai for you. Haruhi-chan + Nyoron Churuya-San could've easily fit on one disc several times over. But, instead, they're releasing it in two volumes. Just as they'll be releasing K-On! (a fourteen episode series) in four volumes.
There's only one reason why they're releasing K-on! in four volumes.

Because they can.

They'd release it in 7 volumes, if they thought they could get away with it. With the type of rabid fans that follows K-on!, they probably could.

Of course, this is coming from someone who owns the 14 episode, 4 volume first season Haruhi SE set... But I doubt anyone on this forum would say that set wasn't worth it...
Old 2011-02-08, 03:09   Link #572
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

March 22nd, RightStuf and the Anime Corner Store are both going to start selling Haruhi-chan volume 1 and presumably other websites will have it too.

Just got the 2nd volume from the Bandai Store. I almost did a double take when I heard Yuki mention Yandere in the dub.(that was in Episode 25) I can't think of many dubs that use that term. I also have to give a ton of credit to Bridget Hoffman for her performances as chibi Ryoko. I am now a Ryoko fan because of Haruhi-chan and Nyoron Churuya-san. Kari Wahlgren is also amazing as Tsuruya and Churuya. And if that ANN page is correct, Hynden Walch is quite good as Sonou Mori. I liked how she voiced the totally badass version of Mori(which we have yet to see from the regular anime). It's a little irritating that she isn't credited in the English voice actor credits.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2011-02-08 at 03:18. Reason: misspelt name
Old 2011-07-02, 17:44   Link #573
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

According to someone who saw the Disappearance dub yesterday, Kyon's last line "Yuki" in the original Japanese was dubbed as "Yuki means snow right?" I also heard from two people that Crispin Freeman was awesome and Megax mentioned in the Anticipation thread that he had spent a total of 43 hours dubbing it, the longest he has for something that wasn't an anime season.

So was that trickly "yuki" line(that could have meant Nagato or snow) done right for the dub?
Old 2011-07-02, 19:13   Link #574
ijuinkun

I think it was an acceptable way of making a possibly-unknowing audience aware of the Yuki/Snow dual meaning without breaking the pacing of the scene or forcing a choice of just one of the meanings at the expense of the other.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:14   Link #575
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
How did Michelle Ruff do as the "moe" Yuki?
Old 2011-07-03, 09:00   Link #576
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
How did Michelle Ruff do as the "moe" Yuki?
Not moe at all. She captured the "shy, bookworm" aspect incredibly well. It's easily the biggest difference from the Japanese version, but it's a good change.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-07-05, 07:24   Link #577
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
That's good. I'm glad it's not like the original, in a sense..
Old 2011-07-15, 19:50   Link #578
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Not sure if this is the best thread, but I'll place it here. On Bandai's FB page they showed the current covers for the DVD and DVD/Bluray combo release of Disappearance.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2011-07-16, 04:50   Link #579
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Not sure if this is the best thread, but I'll place it here. On Bandai's FB page they showed the current covers for the DVD and DVD/Bluray combo release of Disappearance.
That pic always bothered me, mostly because the heights of the characters are off. Mikuru us too tall, and Yuki is too short. I think Kyon's a little to tall, too. It's jarring if you understand perspective.
Old 2011-07-16, 06:36   Link #580
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
That pic always bothered me, mostly because the heights of the characters are off. Mikuru us too tall, and Yuki is too short. I think Kyon's a little to tall, too. It's jarring if you understand perspective.
Look at the way they are leaning against the wall.

Mikuru is on her toes, Haruhi is actually leaning against the wall, taking away height because her legs are bent.

Same goes for Kyon and Koizumi where I think Koizumi's leg is just slightly more bent, as well as Kyons posture (from body to head) being completely straight whereas Koizumi is slightly bent. Hell, even Kyons head is looking up while Koizumis is looking down.

The only thing I could agree with is Yuki being a little too short.
Closed Thread