Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 22:25   Link #181
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well this is always fun, comparison shots with the real Enoshima.
thanks for the post, always liked these kinds of companion shots.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:43   Link #182
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If you like this sort of thing and you've watched Noein, I recommend the tour of Hakodate with director Akane Kazuki and Haruka's seiyuu Kudou Haruka that appears on the DVDs (including the R1 release from Media Blasters). First, Akane has a major crush on Kudou that becomes apparent during the interview segments. You also get to see many scenes that are portrayed in the anime like those from the observation area at the top of the mountain and the docks. However my favorite single scene is the one where Kudou sits at a school desk just like her anime counterpart. Anime Haruka's hair style and character model are obviously drawn to look like the real-life Haruka as a twelve-year-old girl.

BTW, I found the cardboard stand-up cutouts in those scenes from Enoshima quite cute.
Oooh I have, shall have to check Noein back out from the library to hunt those down, thanks for the tip!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 01:44   Link #183
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now if only my friend would give me back my copy of Noein... though considering its been like 2-3 years since I lent her the DVD, I'm pretty darn sure that she lost it.

Oh well, maybe I can find one lying around somewhere. Shouldn't go for much, so no biggie.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:48   Link #184
kuromitsu

Wow, great comparisons! Now I want to live in Enoshima more than ever... ^^;; It looks like such a charming place.

Oh, I saw the Noein one, that was pretty cool! Though Hakodate didn't look as great in Noein as Enoshima in Tsuritama.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:25   Link #185
cyth
Banned

Enoshima is a really small island, if you look at it on Google maps, I think only 4 km in diameter. Which is to say housing there is pretty expensive probably, moreso because this tiny tiny island has its own bridge AND train connection. Ahh, Japan, the constructionist state.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 18:53   Link #186
gianna
gigi

I wonder if Coco was serious when she said to pick someone else
We know there are at least a few aliens on earth -- are they just visiting or are they looking for more Yukis (lol)

Quote:
I'm guessing that Haru and Yuki are somehow connected to the princess and the dragon at the opening of the show. Haru clearly recognizes Yuki, perhaps because of this mystical bond. Yuki's red hair suggests a connection to the dragon as does his experience of being submerged. Haru is, of course, an alien like the princess. Why she doesn't inhabit the body of a girl is left for future analysis (though see below).

It's not very apparent why she and Yuki move so often; maybe she's just a happy-go-lucky type that changes jobs and locations all the time?

Or maybe she's connected to the princess, and Haru really is an alien?
He tells Yuki his hair is cool
Was that just a random comment by Haru or really something so telling like you believe

Looking back at the first ep we see Akira at the tower watching Haru and Kate
Could Akira have know exactly where Haru would visit or did he know where to look -- If he has been keeping an eye on Kate and Yuki then that seems even more possible
Kate's behavior toward Haru would make even more sense if she was expecting him

Or maybe not at all! lol

Well whatever we do eventually learn each episode is a treat to watch!
It looks like the series is leading to something wild and I can't wait to see it!
I keep picturing the end with Yuki in a grand battle for the "fish" while surrounded by battling aliens and the fabulous duck team villains lol
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:45   Link #187
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
You catch a cold from a virus not from being wet, cold or both. That's just an Old wives' tale...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
...In any case, I have to say that old wives often know what's going on. And not that I'm trying to be a PC cop -- I don't actually care -- but it is true that the phrase "old wives' tale" is both sexist and ageist, implying that older women are silly creatures.
Some people are more inclined to believe those "old wives' tales" than modern medical professionals, and rightly so. After all, are those potions created by Old Wives, Witch Doctors and tribal Medicine Men all that different from modern medicines, many of which have their roots in the same plants? It's nothing to sniff at.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 07:07   Link #188
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This anime is so good too. The show would'nt have been so hilarious without Haru
He's so innocent ^^ The characters's interactions are really well done.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:09   Link #189
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Am I the only one who feels that Yuki's monologue at the end of episode 5 feels like it's the ending already?

Anyway, I am glad that even Akira is questioning about his own need for friends. This anime's strong points are character development and friendship. Yuki has really grown on me. I admit that I don't really think much of him initially, but damn, because this show excels at character development, each episode sees him emerging little by little out of his shell. The same goes for the others. They are changing. More smiles going around now. It is also very interesting to watch how 4 ppl from very different backgrounds and personalities come together and forge a friendship. I can't wait for the moment the four of them laugh out loud together.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:12   Link #190
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, now we know why that captain likes his job. It hasn't got anything to do with fishing. It's getting all those cute female customers to come on-board! (No off-color pun intended.)

I'm a little surprised they weren't swooning more for Natsuki. He's a handsome guy even with those dorky glasses. Idol fisherman, perhaps?

100,000 yen, huh? And here I thought golf was an expensive hobby.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-05-10 at 13:25.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:01   Link #191
Blaat

Looks like Koko (is she loco? Oh no!) moved in with her brother and Yuki (unbeknownst to the latter though)

Also this is the second episode with no sighting of mole girl, what gives?
Old 2012-05-10, 14:25   Link #192
ookamigirl

Seems like Yuki became really interested in fishing.
First time boat fishing! It was pretty fun ^^
Yuki was a bit down since he didn't have much luck.
Seems like he just needed to get used to the new way of fishing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:43   Link #193
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Also this is the second episode with no sighting of mole girl, what gives?
I know right? No Sakura either. I mean fishing is good and all, but shipper in me wants just tiny bit of the fairer gender.

Well at least shopkeeper is there, though I'd like to have Captain do more than be happy when she compliments him.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:47   Link #194
kuromitsu

Each episode of Tsuritama makes me grin and feel all fuzzy inside. I find myself rewatching every episode at least three times... I really hope it won't loose the charm even if it gets a bit darker (though it didn't get too dark/angsty even with Kate's hospitalization or Natsuki's family issues...).

Also, it makes me recall old memories of me going fishing as a child - I can't remember if I ever caught anything, though. ^^;; But I kind of want to do it again.

Quote:
I'm a little surprised they weren't swooning more for Natsuki. He's a handsome guy even with those dorky glasses. Idol fisherman, perhaps?
Fisher Prince! xD But yeah, he's pretty handsome (as far as the chara design allows, anyway). Yuki, too - it wasn't easy to notice it before because he was either making silly faces or looking all awkward and/or playing shrinking violet, but he's a good-looking boy. Akira, too... oh my. (Haru is cute, too, but we already knew that. XD)

I think this was the happiest episode so far, this was the first time we've ever seen Yuki enjoy himself so much. It's nice to see the three of them having developed such a strong friendship. The captain was funnier than I thought xD and Akira totally stole the scene with the "Fish! Fish! Fish!" action. XDDD I wonder when Kate gets back from the hospital, though...

Btw I love the "Y" on Yuki's stuff XD his pyjamas, his hat... Also, Haru's shirt is just precious. XD

It seems next time they'll finally start with the plot and we'll get some more focus on Akira.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-10 at 15:08.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 15:03   Link #195
LKK

If I had to choose one word to describe how Tsuritama makes me feel, it would be "joyful". This series has become such a delight. It's like someone hooked me up to an IV filled with happy endorphins or something.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 15:21   Link #196
gianna
gigi

btw anyone up for some DUCK! curry or ENO! SHIMA! DON!

gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 16:21   Link #197
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can only echo what so many have said - how can an anime make me smile so much in 22 minutes? This is the most joyful series I can remember.

So far...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:28   Link #198
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Damn didn't know equipment cost that much. So Akira is in need of friends now. So the fish they have to catch isn't that far away since Koko said not to go out too far. Wonder when Yuki will be ready.
Old 2012-05-10, 17:35   Link #199
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you care to speculate on the meaning of such things, Ayumi’s boat is called “Seishun Maru” (Maru being a common suffix in boat names), and can be roughly translated as “Circle of Youth”. Haru can mean “Spring”, “Natsuki” Summer, Aki “Autumn”, and Yuuki “snow”. Perhaps it’s nothing more than an affectionate play on words, or perhaps there’s a deeper meaning somewhere in there. For me I like to think Nakamura and writer Oono Toshiya are commenting on friendship, and how we’re each incomplete when alone, but that we’re all a natural part of a larger circle – and that if we allow ourselves to be connected to that circle, our lives will be more fulfilled and happy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 19:32   Link #200
Yushi

I am enjoying this anime a LOT more than I thought I would, I must admit. I am glad I gave it a try, because I am definitely hooked now XD
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina