AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 20:55   Link #1201
UnknownBeast

I think this is your problem.

Spoiler for From the Readme:
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 21:12   Link #1202
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
I have a question: will the translation for the 4th game be like the translation for the 3th? You know, like when the patch for the third game was just finished after the 4th game release and all? It's not a critic and i'm also not trying to say something like "if I was the one working in it....=/", i'm just asking XD

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 21:26   Link #1203
paula_mink
Gohda Pride +1

It would be superb if Witch Hunter releases the translation before the next EP.
Keep the good work, everyone is looking for it! 8D
paula_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 22:19   Link #1204
Orophin

Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch
  • 24% (chapter 0-7)
  • 77% towards 1st patch

Only two chapters left!
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:05   Link #1205
Marion
The Great Dine

The partial patch will also include the other episodes right?

EDIT: @UnknownBeast: I just did what you said and tested the game. My japanese fonts are all installed but the music still won't play in the tea party.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:42   Link #1206
actawesome

They finished translating and inserting eps 1-3 after ep 3 had already come out. I think by the time the next comiket happens and ep 5 comes out The Witch Hunt will have a complete patch for 4 =D.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 01:23   Link #1207
chronotrig

Marion: Could you show us the files in your BGM folder? That way we'll be able to tell if the names are wrong or whether you're missing a file.

As to the patch releases, we'll obviously try to get them to you quickly, but it's also important to do the thing right. I think our quality has gone up a lot since we've started, and we're going to keep it that way.

Please remember though that EP4 is massive. The part we've translated so far is just as big as half of EP1, and the entire first patch will actually cover a bit less than a third of the game.

I hope that we can finish the question arcs before the answer arcs start, but I can make no guarantees.

...On the bright side, we've now translated over 50,000 segments of text

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 04:24   Link #1208
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It looks like writers tend to write more the more they write.

Think about Harry Potter or Stephen's King The Dark Tower, they start with a 200 pages book and they end up with 600-700 pages.

I "fear" that Ryukishi will make even longer novels in the future ^^;

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 04:46   Link #1209
777chris777

@marion

When you say "My japanese fonts are all installed but the music still won't play in the tea party. " do you mean you just installed the language pack, or you actually set system locale to japanese?

Assuming you have windows xp, what's shown in the image under the spoiler, is how to set locale to japanese properly:

Spoiler for hidden image guide - not sure how to thumbnail XD:

Assuming you have the east asian language pack installed, and follow the steps in the picture, it really should work :@

Last edited by 777chris777; 2009-03-07 at 17:53.
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:18   Link #1210
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Aim for an October release of the full! WOO!

(Ha, sorry, I just love the appropriate-ness of that month for this game XD .)
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:25   Link #1211
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Set the character encoding to UTF-8.
Look over the files in the bgm directory. One of the files should have a name starting with "Ride on".

Is the full name "Ride onБiФЄНsЛ@В╔ПцВ┴В─УЗВ╔НsВнВ╞ВлВ╠ГCГББ[ГWБj.ogg" or "Ride on(飛行機に乗って島に行くときのイメージ).ogg" ?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:30   Link #1212
The Creator
Golden Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It looks like writers tend to write more the more they write.

Think about Harry Potter or Stephen's King The Dark Tower, they start with a 200 pages book and they end up with 600-700 pages.

I "fear" that Ryukishi will make even longer novels in the future ^^;
Yeah i know what you say, but if the quality remains the same (or becomes even better) the more the merrier =D

And dark tower's final book has over 1000 pages =P
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:06   Link #1213
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Image of all BGM files:

I copied it directly from the CD, so there shouldn't be any reason that the files are missing. And I doubt I put it in the wrong location, since other music works fine.

@777chris777: I followed the image you provided and it is as you outlined it in your image guide. The last part is what I didn't do, but even then the fonts are still working. In any case I'm going to restart the computer now and see then. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT: I just tested it out again and it works now!~ Although slashes appear as yen symbols in system messages for some reason, the music began to work. Thanks for your help everyone :3

Last edited by Marion; 2009-03-06 at 17:26.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 04:08   Link #1214
UnknownBeast

Did your Wiki page got chosen by the key of the Golden Land and offered up as sacrifice or something? *deletes bookmark* >_>
Old 2009-03-07, 04:13   Link #1215
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Did your Wiki page got chosen by the key of the Golden Land and offered up as sacrifice or something? *deletes bookmark* >_>
Their is a website now, so I imagine using the wiki would be moot.

http://witch-hunt.com/

If you did not see it before.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 05:28   Link #1216
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is correct, we chosed to discard the wiki for several reasons:
1) For all intent and purpose, the website was already enough.
2) It became clear over the time that people are checking the website more than the wiki (and this thread and my blog are still present as additional information sources).
3) The purpose of the wiki was moot for over half a year, as we just don't use its system (as we explained before with the script removal, we got near-zero external help).
4) We do not wish to burden or look like a rogue project compared to the rest of the BT projects.

We obviously know that this change will surprise some people, but we are certain that everyone will adapt to that quite easily either way.
That is to say, our gratitude to BT. Without this group, the project would probably be never born.

Let's say... furniture lasted long enough. It is time to use a shiny new one completely
Old 2009-03-07, 06:40   Link #1217
Psycho13in308

Well I found for the current Windows onscripter-en to read Umineko's files properly if Linux users want to play with all the effects. When you run it in WINE type "LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine onscripter-en.exe" in Terminal after navigating to the Umineko patch directory.
Psycho13in308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 06:49   Link #1218
UnknownBeast

Yeah, useless furniture are to be disposed off, of course. Not even a corpse should be left over too. :P

I know about the website. I just had the Wiki page bookmarked cause it has a more detailed progress update. >_<;
Old 2009-03-07, 07:00   Link #1219
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Yeah i know what you say, but if the quality remains the same (or becomes even better) the more the merrier =D

And dark tower's final book has over 1000 pages =P
True true, but there's a downside: the more the novels are long the bigger will be the work for the translators, and longer our wait.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 17:41   Link #1220
777chris777

@marion yea np, from what you'd said in your previous post I assumed that was the case^^

@unkownbeast yeah same, the more detailed progress report was why I liked using there also, but yeah, other than that, the site has enough information^^

@jan-poo Longer waits are fine, especially if it means we're getting more content. It's not as though we're talking about duke nukem forever XD

-> On a side note it may not be a bad idea to leave a link to the witch hunt site at the baka tsuki domain, if you're allowed. Just incase some "less informed" people are unaware of it :X
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation