AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-13, 15:21   Link #21
Zefyris
図書館狼

Yes, definitely not an easy choice for a translator.

Are you translating the LN version or the WN version ?
Old 2015-10-13, 16:13   Link #22
Breimn

If i read well he is TLing the LN from chinese(only 1 vol out)
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 08:34   Link #23
iky43210

Don't suppose there's any romance in this?
iky43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 10:47   Link #24
Zefyris
図書館狼

There isn't any romance indeed.

So the second volume is still not out in china? IIRC the first volume have been released in China since like 8 + months? Any release date known for ithe second?
Old 2015-10-14, 12:23   Link #25
Ghoststaker

From what i heard from my friend... Kadokawa recently posted that they were going to release volume 2... Soonish... I think next month?
Old 2015-10-15, 02:46   Link #26
iky43210

Read the first vol in Chinese, and its pretty good!

But my Chinese is a bit poor, I still can't picture what the "flying machine"(used by the MC) in this world looks like. Does it look like a helicopter? jet? Since the pilots can't be seen from the outside, I assume it is some kind of completely enclosed flying machinery

Also they mentioned something about magical scepters and orbs as weapons in those flying machines. Are they like grenades the pilot toss at enemies or is it a weaponry attached on the machine?

Also what consists of the artillery team? Are they tanks or are they one of those "stick on the ground with wheels"?

Last edited by iky43210; 2015-10-15 at 03:11.
Old 2015-10-15, 19:37   Link #27
obnuchious

the eyes of the loli reminds me of Steins Gate
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 21:01   Link #28
SifaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post

But my Chinese is a bit poor, I still can't picture what the "flying machine"(used by the MC) in this world looks like. Does it look like a helicopter? jet? Since the pilots can't be seen from the outside, I assume it is some kind of completely enclosed flying machinery

Also they mentioned something about magical scepters and orbs as weapons in those flying machines. Are they like grenades the pilot toss at enemies or is it a weaponry attached on the machine?

Also what consists of the artillery team? Are they tanks or are they one of those "stick on the ground with wheels"?
The main character (Tanya) is a magic user and uses a device called "calculation orb" (produced from the end result of combining magic with modern technology) to fly. The calculation orbs are basically the same thing as the CADs from Mahouka, allowing magicians to interfere directly with the world and alter their surrounding reality.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 23:09   Link #29
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifaV6 View Post
The main character (Tanya) is a magic user and uses a device called "calculation orb" (produced from the end result of combining magic with modern technology) to fly. The calculation orbs are basically the same thing as the CADs from Mahouka, allowing magicians to interfere directly with the world and alter their surrounding reality.
"
So what she good at? And is she "cheat"?
How to people view her? Fear? Arousal? love? Fear-ousal?
Old 2015-10-25, 04:18   Link #30
Zefyris
図書館狼

MC is an extremely good strategist, with an extremely strong sense of duty and of what is needed to get promoted.
MC is viewed as a monster by the enemies, who designate the MC under the codename "Rhine's Devil" (Rhine being the first battlefield where MC was noticed by the enemy). MC is considered by the enemy as the strongest Magic user , the most merciless and the bloodiest enemy, And his 48 man squad is considered as the elite of the elite . MC and is squad being detected on a battlefield is pretty much like announcing that Death itself is paying a nice little visit to the battlefield.

For MC's allies, it depends. Most view the MC as either a war Hero and/or a complete Monster. Others see the MC as a very competent ally and commander that knows what needs to bee done at all time and the timing too. Few realize that this monster is also really knowledgeable about the secondary impacts on the diplomacy/politic side when deciding something important, too. For the MC's superiors, MC's squad is an elite squad of magic user that you can order to do the harshest and almost completely impossible to return alive missions and expect them to return alive. Something that well used can turn the tide of a battle completely.
For her subordinate, MC is a really harsh commander who is very strict on the discipline and the orders, but who is also the most competent leader ever. And they also fully realize that following her in battle is being victorious, and as most of them are complete warmongers, they also acknowledge that no one else can lead them to more bloody carnage and bloody battlefield than the MC. They are ridiculously well disciplined when flying and ridiculously well coordinated. They were selected by the MC and were already veterans, she made of them an squad which is the elite of the elite of magic user. They were provided better material than any other squad too.

All of this and for the allies side they realize that it's a little girl, so that both her power, her ability to understand strategies, her mercilessness is simply monstrous. So while her allies see her as a very useful and competent ally, they also see her as a complete anomaly and a complete bloody monster. MC officially received a nickname by her superior with a medal, which was "Shirogane" (silver). The thing is, what the army is using to design the MC behind MC's back is "sabigin ' (rusted silver". The rusted part designing the fact that this silver isn't shining, since it's covered in blood.
Old 2015-10-25, 07:34   Link #31
cabman11

Can I get to Chinese translator site link?
Old 2015-10-26, 02:11   Link #32
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Can I get to Chinese translator site link?
I think the chinese translation is an official one, it's released officially in China.
Old 2015-10-27, 08:20   Link #33
iky43210

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifaV6 View Post
I've never seen or read Mahouk, so I have a hard time visualizing this.

So there are no machinery involved and she can just fly? If the pilots are visible, why did it took enemy nations so long to recognize who the pilot is?

I wish the author would put an illustration of her in battle so I can understand it better, but I guess I should just wait patiently for the English translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I think the chinese translation is an official one, it's released officially in China.

Btw, I don't think there are actually any official China light novel publishers. There are a few major ones in Taiwan, and China just rips it off and put it on one of the free to read websites or compiled from many of their active light novel translation team.

Last edited by iky43210; 2015-10-27 at 08:49.
Old 2015-10-28, 02:14   Link #34
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
The publisher is Taiwan Kadokawa from Taiwan
Quote:

Btw, I don't think there are actually any official China light novel publishers. There are a few major ones in Taiwan, and China just rips it off and put it on one of the free to read websites or compiled from many of their active light novel translation team.
There are official LN publishers but they don't release much. For instance Tianwen Kadokawa, Jilin Art Publisher, and Shanghai translation publisher (all lit. name translation of their name).
--------
Taiwan Chinese edition for vol.2 of this novel will be release in November 2015, and I recall they said on facebook that it take quite a bit time before they can release vol.2 because vol.2 were quite thick and thus it take time to translate.
-------
btw, the LN is adopted from WN and WN raw text is still available online and some may wish to machine TL the raw text, despite I don't think it'd work well in this novel....
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 03:06   Link #35
Zefyris
図書館狼

volume 2 is the biggest yes. Around 550-580 pages I think, and the amount of text per page in this series is higher than usual. Plus as said above the level required to translate is quite higher than other ligh novel. So yeah, I can definitely picture it taking time.

Quote:
The publisher is Taiwan Kadokawa from Taiwan
My bad, Taiwan then. I have a really hard time with those countries to see who do what and in which language...

Quote:
So there are no machinery involved and she can just fly? If the pilots are visible, why did it took enemy nations so long to recognize who the pilot is?
No machine involved for them to stand on top of, if that's your question indeed.
Pilots are creating magic shield around them to deflect bullet. Also, how doyou want to recognise them. Do you recognise who is who from km away? Any enemy mage who came close of Tanya is pretty much dead.
That's why they're identifying who is who with the magic signature (not called like that though), IE, each person has a different wavelength or something like that, so once one person has been recorded in the enemy database, if spotted on another battlefield, that person can be identified immediately thanks to it, even spotted from kms away. That's far more efficient than trying to look at the face from km away. Since they don't know Tanya's name, they're associating that "wavelength" with a codename instead, which is "Rhine's Devil".

Quote:
I wish the author would put an illustration of her in battle so I can understand it better, but I guess I should just wait patiently for the English translation.
There is. IIRC in the second or third volume already.
Old 2015-10-28, 10:53   Link #36
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
"
So what she good at? And is she "cheat"?
How to people view her? Fear? Arousal? love? Fear-ousal?
As of vol.1,
Most people from the higher up view her as a perfect militant (she do have an ability that's top in the country, but part of that impression is from her acting base on her understanding on what performance she give would let people rate her high), however some view her as too perfect, as while she male perfect and totally rational decision and suggestion, some observed that she treat people as merely human resources, which plus the fact that she is now appeared as a underage girl make one of a higher up think her as a war machine that the country need but as a human should suppress.

Few description from his peer, but seem like she is able to shape a good image of herself within mind of her peer even she might have bad intention on them

Most people directly under her think her as devil and she is also shaping the image herself with one exception which that one also see the humanness and warm part from her.

Her ability in the first part of the vol.1 are top-tier, but her honor mostly come from her ability to act according to trend and people's expectations. Later in the book, angels give her quadcore gems that are 1000 years ahead of the world's history but using it would need to praise god which she would avoid at all cost except life. Then she killed half of all magician in the France-like country(geographically speaking) on her own and after that she get her own regiment which she have to manage and further action will be in vol.2.

Quote:

Think of witches with gems and without broom.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-10-28 at 14:49. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Old 2015-10-29, 03:10   Link #37
whitecloud

Do you have the address for the web novel Raw?
Old 2015-10-29, 03:34   Link #38
Breimn

I think it is this one, not sure.
http://www.mai-net.net/bbs/sst/sst.p...aura&all=24734
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 09:46   Link #39
SifaV6

Quote:
I've never seen or read Mahouk, so I have a hard time visualizing this.

Tanya was noted immediately by the enemy army after his first appearance on the battlefield of Rhine, where He was able to fight off an entire battalion/company of magic users using the newly developed elinium type 95 operation orb. He's name was added to the enemy database as a new unknown "named one", with the given title as "Devil of Rhine". By the end of the conflict, the enemy army was able to register his mana signature and even obtain a visual image of him from far away (which showed a blurry figure of a small girl).

Quote:
volume 2 is the biggest yes. Around 550-580 pages I think, and the amount of text per page in this series is higher than usual. Plus as said above the level required to translate is quite higher than other ligh novel. So yeah, I can definitely picture it taking time.
Yep, I was really surprised when the shipment came and I saw how thick it was compared to most other LNs. It was almost twice as thick as vol 7 of overlord.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 03:30   Link #40
c933103
FTNR

Just walked by a bookstore and found its vol.2 Chinese translation is out already. Brought it and reading it now..

Tags
genocide, loli, reincarnated mc, salaryman