Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 03:04   Link #801
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Errr...are you sure you don't mean your brain?

Also really? Episode 3? Quite possibly the least gay episode to date. What with all of the glamour shots of High School wife satisfying just about every possible fetish a man could have regarding a woman's body? ....Alright whatever? I don't even know with you people sometimes I tell ya.

Anyway if you ask me the only part of the show that's really gay are the mecha fights and transformation sequences with Takuto. The rest of the show is pretty much aggressively hyper sexualized and heterosexual with it's women in skimpy outfits and what not.
I would like to add that Takuto looks pretty badass with the dual swords. (Yes, you heard me, i said badass, not fabulous! *runs*)
Old 2010-10-22, 03:55   Link #802
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

TBH it IS pretty FABULOUS

I couldn't handle it at first then I manned up and took it cause this is a great series.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 07:29   Link #803
Bombo
TSF Fans

about his grandfather

Spoiler for Warning XD:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 08:22   Link #804
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

Quote:
Errr...are you sure you don't mean your brain?
No. My body wasn't ready for the FABULOUS.

Quote:
Also really? Episode 3? Quite possibly the least gay episode to date. What with all of the glamour shots of High School wife satisfying just about every possible fetish a man could have regarding a woman's body? ....Alright whatever? I don't even know with you people sometimes I tell ya.

Anyway if you ask me the only part of the show that's really gay are the mecha fights and transformation sequences with Takuto. The rest of the show is pretty much aggressively hyper sexualized and heterosexual with it's women in skimpy outfits and what not.
Eh, I don't mean it strictly in a "gay" sense. It's just... cringe-inducing. And it wasn't episode 3 in particular, but rather the first 3 episodes being all pretty much the same and FABULOUS. And the stuff that isn't, isn't really my thing either.

I just wasn't enjoying it at all so far. Episode 1 was a mix of "wat" and "hey this looks interesting in a weird way", but eps 2 and 3 just failed to engage me. If it ends up getting better later, I may pick it up again.
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 14:07   Link #805
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought ep3 was outstanding. Lots of angles and levels, and especially learning more of the character and situation of the rich greenhead. The fight may have been a bit perfunctory, but it was good, anyway.

But the OP gets me in such a good mood every week that I am always well-disposed toward this show. I like the ED a lot, too.

As for recent shoujo, certainly Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Kimi ni Todoke. But there have been plenty of shoujo series in recent years. e.g., Itazura na Kiss. Skip Beat. Love Con. Ouran HS Host Club. Lilpri (abbreviation for the whole title, which includes the word Lilpri, "Little Princesses") and Jewelpet for young kids. Yumeiro Patissiere for girls 8-12, but so good anyone can enjoy it. And somewhat harsher shows like Vampire Knight, Hakuouki, and Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru.

But I'm not seeing anything specifically shoujo here, although there are emotions and romance and good-looking boys. The stylishness of the hero may seem "gay" to people locked into current American culture, but just remember that the most masculine people of many past ages were stylish posers like this -- e.g., 17th-18th century swordsmen.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 14:54   Link #806
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositronCannon View Post
No. My body wasn't ready for the FABULOUS.
Ugh....so I did some research and found out it's some sort of new unfunny meme that people are of course trying to work into every possible situation and conversation. Should have guessed.

Quote:
Eh, I don't mean it strictly in a "gay" sense. It's just... cringe-inducing. And it wasn't episode 3 in particular, but rather the first 3 episodes being all pretty much the same and FABULOUS. And the stuff that isn't, isn't really my thing either.

I just wasn't enjoying it at all so far. Episode 1 was a mix of "wat" and "hey this looks interesting in a weird way", but eps 2 and 3 just failed to engage me. If it ends up getting better later, I may pick it up again.
Sort of agree, but mostly regarding episode 3. I was kind of dying inside during the scenes at the pool with the little animal mascot thing making it's annoying noises and Ms. Watanabe droning on and on in that one tone voice. The zero time scenes are kind of what makes the show for me so I'm kind of hoping they focus more on them in coming episode.

Also less Ms. Watanabe and more other characters PLEASE?!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 15:02   Link #807
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Ugh....so I did some research and found out it's some sort of new unfunny meme that people are of course trying to work into every possible situation and conversation. Should have guessed.
The whole Fabulous meme is just a word people are using to describe this series. That's all.
Old 2010-10-22, 15:20   Link #808
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The whole Fabulous meme is just a word people are using to describe this series. That's all.
I was talking about the "my body is ready" one that apparently crept up recently because of something Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime said that has nothing to do with the context in which it usually gets flung out. A context that doesn't make all that much sense if you ask me. Par for the course with meme creation really.

Fabulous isn't a meme for sure. I know it's been around since before the internet, though I'm sure now that the internet has gotten ahold of it will be seeing use in an entirely different context in about 6 months from now.

Oh, while I remember here's the promo art for the TCG I was talking about yesterday folks:

And as an example of what to expect:

I guess all that's left for them to add that I think is a must is Gainax Crusade.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 00:37   Link #809
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But I'm not seeing anything specifically shoujo here, although there are emotions and romance and good-looking boys. The stylishness of the hero may seem "gay" to people locked into current American culture, but just remember that the most masculine people of many past ages were stylish posers like this -- e.g., 17th-18th century swordsmen.
The creators are amping up the goofiness of the characters in Zero Time on purpose. I think that it might be a play on the normal way mecha action and characters are portrayed. The costumes and poses (and Kiraboshi!) suggest that the creators hope that the audience takes the action as far less than serious. As it stands, the transformations are only unusual because the subject is a guy (and a robot). If it were a girl like Sailor Moon, nobody would bat an eye.

Quote:
Sort of agree, but mostly regarding episode 3. I was kind of dying inside during the scenes at the pool with the little animal mascot thing making it's annoying noises and Ms. Watanabe droning on and on in that one tone voice. The zero time scenes are kind of what makes the show for me so I'm kind of hoping they focus more on them in coming episode.

Also less Ms. Watanabe and more other characters PLEASE?!
So far, Kanako and Head's characters have been less interesting than they could be because the creators seem to be going for the cryptic villain label for them. That can sometimes work, but the characters aren't given anybody to really interact with, and so they're left to basically monologue when they're not in the Kiraboshi meetings. Moreover, the scenes outside of Zero Time and the Kiraboshi meetings have been really quite straightforward and ordinary so far. If this is the kind of show I think it is, I'd expect a lot more surrealism and risk-taking in the coming episodes. If this involves the other characters more, then all the better.
Old 2010-10-24, 09:12   Link #810
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 3 was great, some great sword fighting action, I wonder if we'll only see this formulaic structure, until we see all of Talburn's abilities, which in a way, could actually be a bad move for the hero, he's slowly but surely showing his entire move list, in these one on one battles. I just realized what his transformation scene reminded me of, and that's Power Puff Z, I'm also glad the version I watched had the fish girl's song's lyrics finally.
Old 2010-10-24, 12:21   Link #811
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2010-10-24, 12:52   Link #812
HandofFate

girl in the cage is alot more lively this episode, I think she's there Voluntarily, and its some kind of 'play' she and the guy enjoys.

Wako's not a very good singer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-10-24, 13:37   Link #813
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2010-10-24, 13:43   Link #814
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 4:
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:33   Link #815
KariOhki

Spoiler for episode 4:
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:33   Link #816
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2010-10-24, 15:41   Link #817
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
...girl in the cage is alot more lively this episode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
yea, she was indeed. not that I'm complaining though, she was quite cute there =>
aah... fish girl definitely makes the show for me.

Wako undressing was not bad either =>

Wako's fantasy at the beginning was funny... and so were the other girls' reactions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
yea, same here. Wako's singing was nothing special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 4:
lol, everytime I hear all this talk about maidens and broken seals, a little smirk appears on my face.

anyways... yea, like others have said, a rather boring ep... if not for the cuteness of fish girl.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:03   Link #818
v1cious

Would someone explain what this episode was about?
Spoiler:
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:09   Link #819
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:15   Link #820
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Would someone explain what this episode was about?
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen