AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 21:16   Link #1041
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Screenshots of episode 13:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...mayo-chiki-13/

My, what a lame episode overall. Easily the worst episode of all. What a crappy way to end an otherwise very good series.

[mod edit: DO NOT use these sort of pointless retort images on this forum]

If they wanted to make a feature episode of one of the girls in the last episode, they should've better used Usami. But no, they had to use the most lame and annoying girl, Nakuru

Not only that she's an awful ganguro, she doesn't have any redeeming qualities either:
  • When she visits Jirou at home and he doesn't want to let her in (good decision, I wouldn't let her in either), she tries to force her entry in a nasty way.
  • She then proudly tells how she's stalking Subaru during bathing and whatnot, just to make a profit on the photos (reminds me of a Ferengi there).
  • She's dumb as a brick. She jumps off a very tall building just to catch a cheap pair of glasses (~8€), and if it wouldn't have been for super-skilled Subaru catching her at the last moment, she would've been a splat on the ground. Oh, and she trashed her *expensive* camera equipment (over 4500€) in the process.
  • She bribes Kureha to get entry to Jirou's room, and what catches her fancy? A "real boy's trash can". w00t.
  • She lets others do the dirty work, like stapling and glueing her Yaoi manga volumes, which has to be done overnight. Apparently she has very crappy time management as well.
  • She complains she's unpopular with boys (doesn't surprise me), and when there finally is some whacked out guy who confesses to her, she turns him down.
  • Her being a fujoshi (Yaoi fetishist) isn't her worst point, but her extreme glasses fetish is downright scary (and annoying as well).

Well, I guess you get my point. Clearly the worst choice of all the girls for a feature episode.
Her asking Jirou out on a date, even though she (thankfully) hardly had any screentime before, also was totally out of the blue. Poor Jirou probably only agreed because he was afraid that she'll do something freaky again if he declines, as she did when he wouldn't let her in. Nakuru's behaviour there certainly won't help him overcome his gynophobia, but only make it worse.

Only good scenes were Usami and Subaru dressing up as Aria and Natsuru, and the short shot of Usami in the shower (although we sadly didn't see much there).
The two appearances of Mirai, on the Fujoshi Comicket and exiting a Doujin store, were nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nyantype NSFW:
Now that's full of win

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-01 at 23:33.
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 21:23   Link #1042
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow... just wow. No closure for the current cour and no hook/tie in to the next one? It feels like they literally stopped in middle of storytelling here. Can't say I'm a big fan of that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 21:46   Link #1043
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Not only that she's an awful ganguro, she doesn't have any redeeming qualities either:
She's not ganguro. That's done by makeup. She's just naturally dark skinned. It does happen, and isn't exactly rare in anime.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 22:35   Link #1044
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Kinda divided on the subject......on one hand, Nakuru having time before now would have made the most sense, and would have made her gain more fans earlier. But at the same time, us seeing this now lets us know that Jirou is still fair game even after that kiss. Plus seeing all the Konoe shippers get pissed off has been hilarious....people have been getting butthurt SOLELY because another girl got some attention (One they didn't like, so their criticism is already considered BIAS at this point)....for a minute you wonder if those folks remembered this had a Harem Genre tag for a reason. But honestly, its hard for me seeing him eventually choose without the others getting hurt, cause I've heard that in the novels, the characters are getting even MORE developed and fleshed out...and the choice isn't so CLEAR (*coughs* Konoe *coughs*) anymore, so who knows where it will go. I'm still hoping for a Harem end.
While I agree that all the other girls will get their development because of the fact that this is a HAREM, one of the most defining traits about a harem is that the author almost always has a distinct character that he/she wants to get the guy at the end especially when the setting sort of makes it extremely obvious. However it is not impossible for the author to change his mind halfway through during the course of writing. But in this case I would say that his original intention was always Konoe, just a hunch and what I'm hoping for; really what Harems need is a nice ending for all girls despite the ending being definitive.
Old 2011-09-30, 22:46   Link #1045
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's not ganguro. That's done by makeup.
No, absolutely not. Ganguro isn't about makeup, it's about going to tanning parlours all the time to fry themselves like a chicken (very fitting in an anime with a "chicken" theme).
Ganguro also often bleach their hair to a bright blonde, which is also the case with Nakuru. She really *is* a typical ganguro.
Real life photo:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ei:Ganguro.jpg

Ganguro which additionally wear makeup are called "Yamamba".
Old 2011-09-30, 22:59   Link #1046
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
While I agree that all the other girls will get their development because of the fact that this is a HAREM, one of the most defining traits about a harem is that the author almost always has a distinct character that he/she wants to get the guy at the end especially when the setting sort of makes it extremely obvious. However it is not impossible for the author to change his mind halfway through during the course of writing. But in this case I would say that his original intention was always Konoe, just a hunch and what I'm hoping for; really what Harems need is a nice ending for all girls despite the ending being definitive.
Or like the good ole days where Harems actually ended in REAL HAREMS...as in the guy in a straight up polygamous relationship.....IMO.....THATS how harems should be...
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 23:08   Link #1047
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Or like the good ole days where Harems actually ended in REAL HAREMS...as in the guy in a straight up polygamous relationship.....IMO.....THATS how harems should be...
I highly doubt that worst would be if they left it hanging.
Old 2011-09-30, 23:11   Link #1048
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmm... Does anyone know what the parody was for what Narunaru bought in the anime shop?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 23:13   Link #1049
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
nakuru is not intended to be a "ganguro" chara. she's delicious brown girl.
This isn't the first time I've seen this inability to distinguish happen. (The last case was Linda in Rio, for the record.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 00:02   Link #1050
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If there were such shows, I must have completely missed them I can't remember the last time I saw a true polygamous relationship... If ever.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 00:13   Link #1051
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If there were such shows, I must have completely missed them I can't remember the last time I saw a true polygamous relationship... If ever.
All of these are pretty much the guy getting all the girls....or at least the girls having a understanding they can share (These are my top shows BTW )

Tenchi Muyo

Sekirei

Sora no Otoshimono

Asu no Yoichi!

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

Princess Lover!

Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures

Maburaho

Highschool of the Dead

Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls

Asobi Ni Iku Yo!

Here's the awesome Tenchi Solution page for more examples
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...TenchiSolution
Old 2011-10-01, 00:17   Link #1052
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
School Days - best nice boat ending high school love comedy ever

Seriously though, Tenchi you could also add Amaenaideyo to that list
Old 2011-10-01, 00:23   Link #1053
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
School Days - best nice boat ending high school love comedy ever
Hell, you got to admit he at least went down like a pimp.....that was A LOT of ass he got in that little timespan
Old 2011-10-01, 03:29   Link #1054
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
With the way Ep 13 concluded this, I really hope there's a Season 2. This felt like an OVA than a real way to finish this. =/
Old 2011-10-01, 03:58   Link #1055
TrueKnight

Manage to watch the ep. As suspected a Nakure centric ep, but meh her character remains the same of my first impression of her, annoying. The way she jump from from building just to catch a pair of glasses was just out of the ordinary borderlining stupid, reaffirming the ridiculous glass fetish habit.

But have to admit as annoying as she is, the moment she shared with Jirou at the end of the ep was cute. Now only if she done something about her creepy otaku habits....

Overall for me this series are one of the better harem shows out there for quite a while.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 05:54   Link #1056
Jenesay

Quote:
You speak for yourself....its clear that on the MAJORITY of MAJOR anime sites like here and MAL.....Nakuru has made a big impression on people for just one episode. In case you are not reading....people ARE going oooohh and aaaah's.
No, that is just you and a few others in this thread. You clearly like this girl and thus have an agenda of promoting her. Hell, most of your posts in the last five pages are all about promoting and praising her. That's OK, but it still doesn't redeem the extremely poor last episode of an otherwise good harem anime or Nakurus "meh" character.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 06:10   Link #1057
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
All of these are pretty much the guy getting all the girls....or at least the girls having a understanding they can share (These are my top shows BTW )

Tenchi Muyo

Sekirei

Sora no Otoshimono

Asu no Yoichi!

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

Princess Lover!

Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures

Maburaho

Highschool of the Dead

Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls

Asobi Ni Iku Yo!

Here's the awesome Tenchi Solution page for more examples
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...TenchiSolution
Well on that list it seems the ending went with Status quo is best, considering the fact that polygamy is illegal is most cases in an apocalyptic world like HOTD I guess he can have all...

On the other hand Mayo Chiki does not seem like the series that will go for the Tenchi solution, of course all lose ends should be tied well and I'd say first girls wins is teh most likely senario IMO for this case
Old 2011-10-01, 08:01   Link #1058
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenesay View Post
No, that is just you and a few others in this thread. You clearly like this girl and thus have an agenda of promoting her. Hell, most of your posts in the last five pages are all about promoting and praising her. That's OK, but it still doesn't redeem the extremely poor last episode of an otherwise good harem anime or Nakurus "meh" character.
Whatever, you clearly have the agenda to just trash it......and nothing will change your opinion....

Not saying you can't have an opinion, but you shouldn't speak for OTHERS....which is what you were doing....I on the other have PROOF...go look at the MAL polls for this episode. And for every post that didn't like it here, the is another that did....that isn't "a few".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity
Well on that list it seems the ending went with Status quo is best, considering the fact that polygamy is illegal is most cases in an apocalyptic world like HOTD I guess he can have all...

On the other hand Mayo Chiki does not seem like the series that will go for the Tenchi solution, of course all lose ends should be tied well and I'd say first girls wins is teh most likely senario IMO for this case
No, most on the list did include some kind of conclusion, which was basically to just share or the guy did have interest in someone and the others basically couldn't give a crap and still went after him...the only ones with Status Quo is god is probably SnO, but its pretty obvious it will end in Harem as well. As far as being illegal...you don't HAVE to get married you know....and most of the time when it does involve marriage, it has some kinf of pass....like in Tenchi the marriage being politics.

As far as Mayo Chiki....what I'm saying is that the author can sway the story to harem if they want to. The opportunity is there....since Kanade is of high social standings, she can literally CLAIM all of them and there is your legal Harem....But in all honesty, don't be surprised if this series also ends in Status Quo is God....even though folks hate it....it keeps the shippers at bay
Old 2011-10-01, 08:02   Link #1059
ZeKeR
Superbad

can we now add this guy to the 4chan wanted gaiz board? assuming if they did update it.
Old 2011-10-01, 08:23   Link #1060
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
can we now add this guy to the 4chan wanted gaiz board? assuming if they did update it.
I thought they haven't updated in years?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen