AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 36
10: Amazing... 3 7.69%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 7 17.95%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 20.51%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 30.77%
6 out of 10: Average... 5 12.82%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.56%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.56%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.56%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-17, 20:33   Link #41
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

It may be the FX. The Orbital engaged against Ghiraga's X-mode, so the logical upgrade path is to create a newer frame
Old 2012-06-17, 20:58   Link #42
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

AGE 3 got captured so probably no data for upgrades, for now

Am I the only one who approve of Kio punching the Vagan while it's going to fire its cannon, even though he failed? It was too late for Kio to dodge or pull out a beam saber, and punching the cannon, if timed correctly, can cause the cannon itself to overload and destroy the enemy MS. I thought it was a correct action, albeit quite a desperate one.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:01   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can't imagine they'll have a ton of time for repairs while on the run. But of course the AGE Gundams have shown a knack for quickly dumping busted parts in a hurry. Too bad for Flit he actually took damage in an area that they can't quickly abandon unless it's a whole new mode. Though do wonder if they don't just have some of the AGE-1 other forms sitting around in storage that he could use.

The punching the cannon might have gone well, but really I just read it as a continuation of his unstable fighting. Think the stuff with Asemu, his grandfather telling him to forget about him, fighting multiple strong opponents, and Flit being in danger just completely pushed him over the limit. Way younger than any of the other leads to this point and even they didn't handle stress great at times. But yeah it could have worked, but if he didn't rush in so recklessly from the start he wouldn't have been in a position of having to try something like that.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:43   Link #44
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Not really the best episode. But Flit was awesome as always.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:13   Link #45
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can't imagine they'll have a ton of time for repairs while on the run. But of course the AGE Gundams have shown a knack for quickly dumping busted parts in a hurry. Too bad for Flit he actually took damage in an area that they can't quickly abandon unless it's a whole new mode. Though do wonder if they don't just have some of the AGE-1 other forms sitting around in storage that he could use.

The punching the cannon might have gone well, but really I just read it as a continuation of his unstable fighting. Think the stuff with Asemu, his grandfather telling him to forget about him, fighting multiple strong opponents, and Flit being in danger just completely pushed him over the limit. Way younger than any of the other leads to this point and even they didn't handle stress great at times. But yeah it could have worked, but if he didn't rush in so recklessly from the start he wouldn't have been in a position of having to try something like that.
i wonder what happened to the DB wear.....

I shall call it.
Age-2 Darkhound Double Bullet.

TO PHOTOSHOP!
5 min later.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:24   Link #46
monster

The Zamdrag is definitely my favorite AGE mobile suit yet.

Strangely enough, I find the staring contest between Flit and Asem to be much better icebreaker than the kids. I actually laugh at the former after a seemingly tense situation where Flit really lets his opinion of Asem be known.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:50   Link #47
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I didn't have any issues with this episode because I am willing to overlook how Kio got captured. Could they have done it better? Sure, but it still gets the story moving forward. My issue will most likely be how they'll develop him in the future. Everything points to him meeting some Vagan kids, possible orphans, and then Im sure they're gonna make him befriend them, causing him to hesitate and not pull the trigger later and cause someone's death *cough* Seric *cough*. It's all too predictable.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:27   Link #48
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
- WTF with the staring contest? Why everyone is going crazy? Why the hell Asemu even need permission to go after Kio? None of this makes sense!!!
I think it was less about Asemu requiring Flit's permission to go after Kio and rather that it was more about Asemu requiring Flit's permission to go after Kio without the Diva trying to shoot him down along the way.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:14   Link #49
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
I think it was less about Asemu requiring Flit's permission to go after Kio and rather that it was more about Asemu requiring Flit's permission to go after Kio without the Diva trying to shoot him down along the way.
The Diva is in no condition to stop Asem, though.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:26   Link #50
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I didn't have any issues with this episode because I am willing to overlook how Kio got captured. Could they have done it better? Sure, but it still gets the story moving forward. My issue will most likely be how they'll develop him in the future. Everything points to him meeting some Vagan kids, possible orphans, and then Im sure they're gonna make him befriend them, causing him to hesitate and not pull the trigger later and cause someone's death *cough* Seric *cough*. It's all too predictable.
Well, someone has to die... I guess. Might as well be the guy that's close to getting with a cute woman. Isn't that how it usually ends up being in Gundam?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:55   Link #51
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The Diva is in no condition to stop Asem, though.
Flit would find a way...
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 03:30   Link #52
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
think it was more of respect.

Re-watching some scenes.. Flit seems a bit reasonable?

-He's mad at Asemu for basically leaving his family to play Pirate, He doesnt know the reason and Asemu wont tell. Im sure we have a Father and son moment with Kio and Asemu in which we find out the reason. I imagine Flit hated the fact that he wasnt always there for his kids, and it struck him hard to find out that Asemu was alive for 13 years, and not saying one word to his family. Flit had the Age System, and Kio to pilot the gundam, So Asemu isnt needed. I take it Flit Cares about Asemu, and wanted him to be the better father figure then he was.

Flit basically was the father figure for Kio, and had the chance to become the father that he never was with his two kids. Flit must loathed the past of him working all the time, and never spending time with his two kids. Reasons behind the whole disowning Asemu is simply the fact that Asemu HAD the chance to be the father figure in Kio's Life, but played Pirate instead.

Flit see's Kio as the True Savior, Flit and Asemu Failed to do so in flit's mind.

4 am time for sleep.

Last edited by WefiDasst; 2012-06-18 at 03:48.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 06:47   Link #53
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
His face look like he was being raped.
Spoiler for lol:

well considering how the way the Age-3 was kidnapped by the Zomudoragu which looked like an innuendos to some people, i bet somebody will make an ero mechamusume out of that scene, along with the Zomudoragu also getting musume-ed aswell , thank god that the mars rays & the Mussel combined didn't fully affected the Vegans's brains to the point they mistook Kio as a loli then gave him a frilly short skirt sailor fuku while in jail, at cost of being given hobo wear instead.....

what makes me question is whether Flit's love is actually for his grandson or the freaking Age system/Age-3
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:27   Link #54
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Spoiler for size:

poor kio lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
His face look like he was being raped.
Detective: It's going to be okay Kio...now show me where the Vagan touched you...
Old 2012-06-18, 12:27   Link #55
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

9/10 cause I love character development poor Kio and I knew Captain Assemu was going to be the one to rescue him since Flit's Gundam and the Diva can't go after him.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 15:01   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... WTH did Asemu need the spare parts for? I could see him asking for detailed sensor records, but parts?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 15:10   Link #57
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Flit was the one who told him to take the spare parts. And chances are he's not having him take the AGE-2's spare parts, but the AGE-3's spare parts, to repair it on the fly if they successfully rescue Kio and the Gundam.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:19   Link #58
JMvS
Rawrrr!

At first tought they were talking about the Age-2 additional wears.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:26   Link #59
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They might hand those over to Bisidian as well; the original AGE-2 was destroyed so they really don't have any use for them. But honestly I think Flit was referring more to the AGE-3's parts, including the G-Cepter and G-Hopper. Those will be needed if Kio escapes, as the G-Viper is damaged from the battle against the Ghirarga and the Zamdrag.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:28   Link #60
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Are we to beleive that Asemu is going to waltz into the Vagan territory with ONE ship and rescue Kio? First he has to get to the colony undetected, which is highly unlikely, so he'd have to fight through the Vagan defense forces, which I would assume will be numerous. Then there's the issue of actually finding Kio, they have no idea where he is, and Asemu doesn't have X-Rounder skills to "sense" his location...

You simply do not mount a rescue mission into the heart of the enemy's territory with your eyes blindfoled, which is what Asemu and his pirates are going to do. The only way thsi would make sense is if he has inside help, some inside Vagan who can give him intel and help him out. The question would then be, who?

Tags
weekly episode discussion