AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 20:11   Link #38901
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Another draft coming. I think you'll find this one to be more.....anime-like.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:28   Link #38902
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sure thing
Old 2012-12-23, 20:43   Link #38903
Eratas123

Might be a bit angsty in parts, but it's still the same shoujo waff you said.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:55   Link #38904
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I like angst actually, so long as it's not overdone (your fic? highly Doubt)

EDIT: Tidbit, I just found that Ichika as inherently powerful, oppressive vigilante 'Emperor' in ST is not THAT farfetched of a scenario, in several cases, proof of bullying is hidden by the TEACHERS themselves, in real life. WTF.

That was the reason he goes houdini, being vetoed from expulsion: majority students and teachers prefer to have him as a symbol. The disgruntled 'real' teachers use this moment to enforce the rules themselves when Ichika left his 'throne', making it a better school in the process. As noted by the current principal: "The destruction cause by the so-called emperor allow us to rebuild a better city than a slum of a hellhole like before"

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-12-23 at 21:45.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:32   Link #38905
Eratas123

About to start writing. Expect it soon.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:00   Link #38906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: too mcuh symbolism... It's just middleschool, chill XD.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 23:07   Link #38907
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Using low-power mode as a stealth alternative for active optical camo, would it work?
Old 2012-12-23, 23:14   Link #38908
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Depends on how they track you.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:56   Link #38909
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Here. Some minor graphic descriptions at times, but it's mostly tame.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-23, 23:58   Link #38910
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Active camo seems a little too much to ask for the Minerva and anything else short of a Mjolnir-class powered armor. So I thought about giving it a low-power mode (called Repose Phase in Athena-verse).

Granted, the Minerva doesn't cloak so it can still be seen by the naked eye but it won't appear on radar until it's within range and it has the seeker in plain sight.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:10   Link #38911
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@startos: that makes sense, I thought that low power mode was supposed to avoid detection from visual tracking. Weird

@eras: borrowing the name Kazuma for a bit.

Infinite Stratos: Neo Alta

Whoever drew this map clearly knew nothing about the finer points of cartography. That was what Ichika thought of as he stared down at the map that came with his entrance exam permit. Good thing he made it to his exam anyway. Right now, he was just enjoying that post exam calm which normally equated to jitters over not doing well. Not this young man though, he was pretty sure that he did well. Now the problem for him was the fact that his map was nothing like the two identical maps that his bestfriends got. He laid the pair of maps on his desk and ran comparisons with the one sent to him.

"Hmm, almost seems like someone wanted me to get lost.", the young man grumbled at the vast mislabelings and tricky route changes. Definitely not a prank he could appreciate.

"Heeey, Ichika!", a long-haired red head came careening right into the teen's seat.

Ichika sighed at his bestfriend's antics. "What's up Dan?", was his exasperated reaction to the greeting.

"Hey hey, be a bit more excited. You're killing the mood here."

"I'm not exactly thrilled to know someone was trying to get me lost you know.", Ichika granted him a level stare. " if anything, you're the one killiong my serious detective atmosphere.".

"Har har. So did you actually figure anything out Ichika-okapiki?", Dan joked with a peak over Ichika's shoulder.

Ichika rolled his eyes. "Just because I'm patriotic doesn't mean I'm into period dramas.".

"Right right, but seriously", the clueless youth stared at the papers, "you're pretty lucky that I came along when I did. God knows where you would have ended up.".

Scratched his head in puzzlement as well, "Yeah, who would've thought that your tardiness actually has its uses.".

Dan nodded proudly, "See? Being habitually late has its benefits... Wait, I think that wasn't a compliment.".

"Ichika! Dan!", a kind-eyed young man walked over to them before Dan could start a ruckus.

"Kazuma.", Ichika acknowledged his friend's arrival.

Kazuma looked over at the air-head of the group. "Dan, I thought I told you to get Ichika. I've been waiting by the door for five minutes already!".

Recognition flashed on Dan's face. "Oh right. I was supposed to get you 'cause Kazuma wanted to take us somewhere.".

Ichika looked to the normally quiet young man. "Hmm? Where?".

"It's a surprise.", Kazuma winked at them.

Skepticism battled with impulse in Ichika's brain. On one hand Kazuma was a pretty quiet guy. Between the three of them, he was the voice of reason which was something considering Ichika was already the straight man in all their manzai like conversations. This just might be another snoozefest. On the other, Kazuma had this glint in his eyes that just promised a great time. "I don't know. This map's really bothering me. The way the contents are jumbled doesn't make it look like a simple.misprint.".

Kazuma looked over the maps to confirm Ichika's suspicions. Said dark-haired youth giving way to the brainiest man in their band. A spark of realization flitted on Kazuma's face, fleeting as it was that Ichika almosty missed it while the whole thing just flew over Dan's head. Kazuma grabbed Ichika's map and his own copy that he lent out. He scrutinized both maps with a certain look of disbelief.

Ichika couldn't hold off from asking the obvious, "You got something?".

The sounds of shuffling paper slowly began to drown out the classroom buzz as Kazuma shook his head, "This settles it.". He put down the papers and grabbed his friends. "You need to come with me right now.".

Dan and Ichika couldn't offer a proper resistance to their friend's forceful pulls. But with a little effort, Dan somehow got them to stop in one mighty tug. "What the heck is the problem Kazuma? You just dragged us out of there like my sister to a cake sale.".

Kazuma shook his head, "I'll explain on the way, we don't have miuch time.".

Ichika watched his friend walk away at a brisk pace. He shared a look with their resident red-head and both shrugged this off as a new oddity they just had to accept. It was barely a light jog to catch up and Ichika quickly pressed Kazuma for an explanation.

"The map.", Kazuma raised onme hand, clutching the offending piece of paper.

"I think we're going to need more than that.", Dan huffed at the clipped response.

Shaking his head, Kazuma continued to stalk onward, "I took a look at Ichika's map and our maps and I noticed it.".

"Noticed what?", Ichika's brows furrowed in disturbance.

"The map wasn't trying to get you lost and it definitely wasn't a misprint."

"Then what is it?", Dan urged the conversation to end.

"For the first time in my life I'm trying to be dramatic Dan, and you ruin it.".

"Just explain already.", Ichika sternly commanded.

"Ah right", Kazuma got back on focus. " comparing the two maps, I realized that the map wasn't leading you away from the test. It was leading you to a completely other test.".

"Another test? Was there another school holding their exams here? And how come the map is printed the same as yours and Dan's?"

"One at a time Orimura.", Kazuma sighed. "First off, yes there is another school. Secon, no, your map was definitely forged by someone.".

A mask of confusion covered Ichika's face as he tried to remember the details of the highschool entrance exams. "I really don't remember the building being shared with anyone else. And I don't remeber anyone having this kind of grudge against me either.".

"Then don't think too much on it. The place they wanted to lead you to was-"

"Aren't they doing the IS entrance exams in the other wing?", Dan asked.

Ichika and Kazuma tripped a step as Dan just answered a question three lines too late. Kazuma only sighed at having his thunder stolen again, "Yes, they are and that's where we're headed.".

Ichika's brows raised, "Why?".

"Because that's where the map was leading you."

Dan shot the smart teen with a bit of skepticism asking, "How exactly would you know?".

Kazuma's face crinkled like he'd just swallowed a bitter pill, "I was planning to take you guys there to see the exams. I know someone who'd let us in to see what goes on.". Kazuma felt their questioning stares and sighed, "I memorized the instructions how to get there. Ichika's map was relabelled in such a way that it followed those verbal directions to a tee. It was very subtle too so not many people would have noticed.". Confusion permeated the air enough that questions marks could probably materialize out of thin air. A tic snapped at the back of Kazuma's head. "Someone was trying to lead Ichika to the IS exam and I figured it out 'cause I'm smart and know the directions. Happy?".

Dan and Ichika nodded in unison, "I see.".

Kazuma sighed, why was he still friends with these two?
Old 2012-12-24, 00:19   Link #38912
Eratas123

@ Demi - Dude, Kazuma's a random name. Hell, there's an actual Kazuma that's a background NPC in Infinite Stratos. He's apparently friends with Dan and Ichika, so it actually fits.

Anyway, it looks like the scene is a re-hash of the IS intro.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:24   Link #38913
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, I'm using that NPC for some reason I felt it necessary to notify you, didn't know why.

The scene is a rehash of the IS intro. Neo Alta is my reimagining of IS. dan is ther bumbling idiot, Kazuma is the smart one and Ichika is the tsukkomi, for the most part.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:35   Link #38914
Eratas123

Where does the IS come in?
Old 2012-12-24, 00:40   Link #38915
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@startos: that makes sense, I thought that low power mode was supposed to avoid detection from visual tracking. Weird
Not quite. Low power(or Repose Phase) is simply the Minerva restricting particle(power) output so it won't get detected by radar. But it can still be seen by anyone if its in plain sight.

In a sense, it's sorta like how the Academy pilots managed to spot the Gospel, only the Minerva doesn't deploy a magic umbrella above it.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:52   Link #38916
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: somewhere there. This is still IS so Ichika will still find himself thrown in ISA. Having Dan and Kazuma their would be funny though impossible.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:56   Link #38917
Eratas123

Yeah, and make every heterosexual male reader rage. Guys just can't seem to grasp that another guy in ISA =/= Ruined forever. Hence why I'm keeping Chifuyu's childhood friend out (though he does introduce her to Tatenashi)
Old 2012-12-24, 01:09   Link #38918
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Yeah, and make every heterosexual male reader rage. Guys just can't seem to grasp that another guy in ISA =/= Ruined forever. Hence why I'm keeping Chifuyu's childhood friend out (though he does introduce her to Tatenashi)
"Clearly a male MUST be an IS pilot to be part of ISA. Otherwise, get out."

huehuehuehuefanbasehuehue~
Old 2012-12-24, 01:11   Link #38919
Eratas123

And yet when you make another male an IS pilot, people will invariably bitch about it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Old 2012-12-24, 01:17   Link #38920
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In this version of I used the trinity as a model for those three. Kazuma is the mind, Dan is the body, and Ichika is the heart.

In a way, Ichika doesn't feel complete without his friends to make up for his faults.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest