AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 00:19   Link #40441
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So salvaging failures... much like oscillinium and the other metals in the Jewelry Box.

Optimistic?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:24   Link #40442
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed

Thinking that something will go all well and dandy, because realistically, some strength is needed to protect peace. Not everyone agree with the idea of peace and you need to force them so to some extent.

"Speak softly, and Carry a Big Stick; you will go far."
- Theodore Roosevelt
Old 2013-02-19, 00:31   Link #40443
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hm... but what if someone who said this... always has somebody carry those sticks for him? Actually make that a lot of somebodies
Old 2013-02-19, 00:38   Link #40444
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then the point of absolute pacifism is moot, because you have strength to manage/control those that carry the stick.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:55   Link #40445
demino_hellsin
That one guy

then it really has to be someone resolute about not fighting
Old 2013-02-19, 01:14   Link #40446
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's up to you, pacifism can be harmful by itself (such as failing to accomplish something or losing something/someone important). hence I said naive and optimistic.
Old 2013-02-19, 01:48   Link #40447
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Hey Senpai, can you read this draft? I think you'll like it.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-19, 02:39   Link #40448
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Awesome

Exactly like what I think, thank you very much.

Oh, and sorry for the unclear explanation of the deduction (I did that sometimes) but it's quite logical if explained like

Ichika spouting personal information ->
Chifuyu asked how the hell he knew, implying that he's a stalker or a spy ->
He can't prove that it's a firsthand information that he experience himself, not something he gained by stalking ->
FemIchika think he can't prove himself as innocent and he worried being accused as stalker or something, not because FemIchika think he IS a stalker _>
Chifuyu acknowledge him as unable to prove that he's Ichika with only such information at hand ->
He gave up and basically "Screw this, I don't care anymore"

But without explanation, yeah, troll logic
Old 2013-02-19, 03:06   Link #40449
Eratas123

Might wanna be careful with that) Anyway, my fic focus to have shifted to "Dark is not Evil" and "Light is not Good" both fantasy and mecha genre wise.

Dark of Zero (Fantasy) has main protagonist Raziel who's a walking seal for the darkness of humanity and uses corruption based powers, but he's unambiguously heroic compared to the Well intentioned extremist bishonen priest Julio who uses light based powers.

Reversal: The black haired and red-eyed (common depictions of evil), moody, and generally cold Chifuyu against the angelic featured Noblewoman Cecilia. This even carries over to their IS since Cecilia uses the elegant 'Blue Tears' while Chifuyu uses the intimidating and pointy 'Iron Maiden'.

Future Imperfect: The scarred clone Kazuma against the bright and cheerful Usagi. Kazuma comes off as the more violent and blunt among the two, along with having the traits of an enfante terrible, but Usagi's the one who often makes schemes for purely her own amusement and Kazuma's usually the one to stop them.

Guess it's a habit:/
Old 2013-02-19, 03:54   Link #40450
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, it's author appeal and it's bad to outright deny that, and so far no problem as the result, because you didn't delve into author tract mode.

YET, just be careful and you'll be fine.

----
Hilarious idea:

Because music, emotion and I.S. are closely related in the Mirrorverse (Tabane was drunk, see...), song, instrumental, and dance is used in tuning and programming, solo or otherwise. This result with corny attempt at singing, hilarious concert battle, and treating folk dance or ball event as serious business.

Oh, and since it has to be done seriously, the pilot should put their honest feeling in. This of course result in disaster like Akatsubaki going haywire, LingyinxCecilia's literal (albeit platonic) masochism tango, and IchikaxIchika's waltz that made everyone embarrassed and/or aroused (the pair in question being selectively dense as usual)

And Dan doing a level grinding by playing death metal.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-19 at 04:06.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:15   Link #40451
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How crapsack is your future if the world is being invaded by aliens. Arrogant near omnipotent aliens who seek to enslave humans but are so secure and yet at the same time honorable...ish. that they give the humans a chance by deciding things with a prolonged wargame?

Once a week, each side must produce a suitable force and do combat depending one the conditions for victory. Total tally decides victor and ruler. The aliens give the humans some of their technology to make it sporting. So when humans actually fight the aliens, they are suddenly faced with the fact they are inside giant robots... But the aliens all use remote automata.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:29   Link #40452
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What

I think I share similar idea like that back then, hmmm... (Strange minds think alike?)

At least Eras think it's crapsack enough, if only because it's hopeless, endless struggle.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:39   Link #40453
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'd find it funny if this plot were to be applied to IS. mostly because the fate of the world is in the hands of some lovestruck teenaged girls and their idiot love interest. In every other case it's because there are only 467 IS and an innumerable number of alien automata.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:42   Link #40454
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And here you're channeling Bokurano, oh man the traumatic experience...
Old 2013-02-19, 04:46   Link #40455
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then there'd be a gantz type aspect where some of the team dies and someone has to fill in for their slots after a very horrific and graphic death including but not limited to vaporization, implosion, explosion, suffocation, and practically sawed in half by fully automatic kinetic weapon. Only no resu.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:14   Link #40456
Eratas123

You want crapsack? How about this:

On one side are the immortal and powerful parasites, who are in fact the rightful rulers of the world, who go on holy crusades for their God....who is, unknowingly to them, an eldritch abomination that feeds on souls.

On the other side we have the resistance against the parasites, who are will to go to ANY length to succeed in the war; consequences and lives for either them, the parasites, and anyone caught in between.

And finally the humans in between, who end up becoming Knight Templars who destroy and prosecute anything that isn't them and mercilessly kill any human that ends up with even a hint of being more than flesh and blood.

Finally, while this is happening, the world is literally dying around them and even death can't save them because said Eldritch Abomination snacks on their souls when they die. The worst part is that due to the way they were born all of this has been set to happen and no one can change it no matter how hard they fight to try.

Our protagonists for this cheery little world is a tyrannical vampire overlord who plans to save the world.....so he can rule it, and he goes to any extremes necessary to ensure his goals. Along with his former second in command turned soul eater who actually has free will, but keeps getting duped to follow new masters every single time. The world is effed.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:34   Link #40457
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I tend to not find a world without hope as crapsack as it sounds. After all, what defines despair more than the moment when hope is snuffed?
Old 2013-02-19, 05:40   Link #40458
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Screw this I'm outta here

INB4 stuff get worse, will post a draft soon.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:54   Link #40459
Eratas123

@ Demi - There is hope, but it's extremely convoluted and getting it is a pain in the arse.

@ Senpai - For another story?
Old 2013-02-19, 05:56   Link #40460
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, but mostly ignorable because it's not going to happen soon.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest