AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-14, 05:43   Link #221
NK141
Some Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
I know that there is a thread about it, my question wasn't focusing on that.
What I wanted to know is if it is true that the Anime already had 3 Seasons and that they have had the number of episodes I said.

Also, maybe I wasn't clear enough but, when saying "Also, if the above is true, was the story continuing from where it left off in the previous season", I didn't only mean the cross from Season 3 to Season 4, but all the crosses: From Season 1 to 2, from 2 to 3 and now even from 3 to 4, which you did answer. I meant if the story kept on going in the previous seasons, or did it not?

Thanks.
Season 1 & 2 are related to each other.
Season 3 or CTMEoY is apparently Canon(heard it somewhere but don't quote me on it.) But does not take after season 2.
And none of us are sure of where Season 4 is going to take off from.
All the number of episodes that you asked in each season are the correct number as well as the Dates.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:57   Link #222
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK141 View Post
Season 1 & 2 are related to each other.
Season 3 or CTMEoY is apparently Canon(heard it somewhere but don't quote me on it.) But does not take after season 2.
And none of us are sure of where Season 4 is going to take off from.
All the number of episodes that you asked in each season are the correct number as well as the Dates. ;)
Thank-you very much, that is all I wanted to know. :D
Old 2013-04-03, 09:04   Link #223
henryjones000

I am looking for the Anime episode where Hayate meets Ayumu in town and takes her to a public bath where they meet Tama. I'm afraid I fell asleep before I finished it and can't seem to find it again in my DVD collection.

Can you please supply the season and episode number? Thanks.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:15   Link #224
sky black swordman

^ Are there other detail about that episode that you can remember?
Old 2013-04-06, 09:02   Link #225
GlassesLady
dat apple

A quick ctrl+F of Wikipedia's episode list for both Ayumu and Tama reveals nothing that sounds like that. You sure you didn't dream up that episode when you nodded off?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:06   Link #226
henryjones000

Hayate was walking into town when he met Ayumu. It started to rain and both got wet. They decided to go to a Public Bath where they met Tama. The proprietor was nearly blind so he didn't know a tiger was going there. Unfortunately, Ayumu was there so Hayate had to disguise Tama to keep Ayumu from seeing him.

And that's where I fell asleep...

Its driving me nuts that I can't find the episode anywhere.
Old 2013-04-06, 16:23   Link #227
GDB

Hayate and Tama do some bath related shenanigans in episode 22, but Ayumu is nowhere even remotely involved in the episode.
Old 2013-04-08, 11:08   Link #228
madmac

Quote:
Its driving me nuts that I can't find the episode anywhere.
It's not an episode, it's a drama CD.
Old 2013-04-10, 16:11   Link #229
xellos2099

Well, season 4 seem to be after the Greece arc but BEFORE CTMEOY, but somehow the las vegas dvd exist.
Old 2013-04-16, 16:32   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe it's a different Las Vegas concert...
Old 2013-04-17, 15:24   Link #231
Mazryonh

Was it revealed in advance which heroines are going to be in which HnG Cuties episode, like how Amagami SS' OP revealed which sequence the arcs of the heroines were going to air in?
Old 2013-04-17, 19:47   Link #232
sky black swordman

^ IIRC, yes.
Old 2013-11-09, 18:05   Link #233
Juusuhako

In what order do I watch "Hayate no Gotoku!"?

Hello all,
this is a shot in the mist, but I need help. I wanna watch the anime listed in the title, but the watch order is confusing me.

MAL says that season 2 picks up from episode 19 of season 1, and that its based on the manga. Does this mean the rest of season 1 is just made up by someone else than the author? I wanna watch the parts based on the manga, so do I simply skip the remaining season 1 episodes? Wouldnt it confuse me if I watched all of season 1 and then season 2, or does season 1 have anything "valueable" to watch?

Also, I read on reddit that season 3 is a reboot, is this true?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:00   Link #234
Dr. Casey

The original Hayate no Gotoku anime aired from 2007-2008 and is 52 episodes long. All the episodes beyond the first 19 are stories unique to the anime, and were indeed written by the anime team rather than the original author. Season 2 is 26 episodes long, and pretends as though episode 20+ from the original series never happened; it's purely an adaptation of the manga with very little anime-only material.

The third season is named Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take My Eyes Off You, the fourth is Hayate no Gotoku: Cuties. They are both anime-original and are not adapted from the manga. So if you're just wanting to watch the episodes based off the manga: the first 19 episodes of season 1, plus the entirety of season 2.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:58   Link #235
madmac

Quote:
The original Hayate no Gotoku anime aired from 2007-2008 and is 52 episodes long. All the episodes beyond the first 19 are stories unique to the anime, and were indeed written by the anime team rather than the original author. Season 2 is 26 episodes long, and pretends as though episode 20+ from the original series never happened; it's purely an adaptation of the manga with very little anime-only material.

The third season is named Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take My Eyes Off You, the fourth is Hayate no Gotoku: Cuties. They are both anime-original and are not adapted from the manga. So if you're just wanting to watch the episodes based off the manga: the first 19 episodes of season 1, plus the entirety of season 2.
This isn't strictly true. In the first season, episodes 20-25, 29, 32, 40-44, 47, 49, and 52 are all based on manga stories.

Also, the fourth season Cuties is mostly divorced from the manga timeline but it's almost entirely a random grab-bag of manga shorts mashed together.

Meanwhile, the movie, Season three, the last two episodes of Season 4 and at least one episode of Season 1 were all written by Hata for the animation studio(s).

All that said, if you're interested in the manga storyline first, I'd suggest just reading the manga. Every single season of Hayate takes a lot of liberties with the order that things happen in, sometimes wildly, which is entertaining enough but completely loses the steady sense of progress and overall story/character development you get from the manga.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:36   Link #236
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
This isn't strictly true. In the first season, episodes 20-25, 29, 32, 40-44, 47, 49, and 52 are all based on manga stories.
Ah. I just assumed that he was correct in thinking that the first 19 episodes were the only manga-based ones, I actually had no clue.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:48   Link #237
madmac

Quote:
Ah. I just assumed that he was correct in thinking that the first 19 episodes were the only manga-based ones, I actually had no clue.
No worries.

Even though it's what got my into the series, thinking about it, the HnG anime is such a mess compared to almost any other series. Four seasons, over a hundred episodes, A movie and OVA, 3 animation studios, a different director/art style for every season...Sheesh.

On top of that, every season is out of continuity with every other season. CTMEOY and Cuties come closest to sorta matching up, and they're still hugely different stylistically and otherwise.

The first season jumps all the way to December for a soft ending, which makes a certain amount of sense assuming it's the only season, which it obviously wasn't. The second season winds time back to February and ends on a teaser for the start of summer and beginning of EOTW/Mykonos, the movie jumps ahead again to August, the Third Season goes even farther to Sept, and the Fourth Season is ostensibly set after the Third Season but borrows it's stories and setting primarily from the chapters set in June/July.

Oddly, that also makes EoTW/Mykonos the only manga arc the anime never at least touched on.

I can't imagine trying to make sense of things as an anime-only watcher.
Old 2013-11-15, 16:11   Link #238
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Even though it's what got my into the series, thinking about it, the HnG anime is such a mess compared to almost any other series. Four seasons, over a hundred episodes, A movie and OVA, 3 animation studios, a different director/art style for every season...Sheesh.
I think the Negima! franchise tried to come close. ^_~

Quote:
I can't imagine trying to make sense of things as an anime-only watcher.
Heck, I doubt those reading Viz's extra-slow manga releases would have been able to make sense out of CTMEOY or Cuities. ^_^;

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-12-02, 08:44   Link #239
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Is there anyone out there who can give me an Idea as to how the arcs in this series are organized? I want to catch up with the main plot but I can't seem to find anywhere that lists the chapters I really need to be paying attention to. I'm already on ch. 200 and the only real arc that's happened so far was the flashback Hayate had.
Old 2013-12-02, 08:56   Link #240
madmac

Quote:
Is there anyone out there who can give me an Idea as to how the arcs in this series are organized? I want to catch up with the main plot but I can't seem to find anywhere that lists the chapters I really need to be paying attention to. I'm already on ch. 200 and the only real arc that's happened so far was the flashback Hayate had.
"Arcs" in Hayate are very loosely organized things, with tons of filler, asides, and plot threads strewn throughout. I really suggest you read the whole thing because the smallest things from the least serious chapters can end up becoming important later on.

That said, from around chapter 210 or so to 266 is considered the "Mykonos Arc" it's a direct follow-up to the flashback chapters you've already read and rather important. Also quite entertaining!

From 268 on to the most recent chapter (432) is considered the "Doujinshi Arc". (Just ended.) It's an extremely on again, off again thing though. Three chapters here, four there, that sort of thing. Coming up with an actual reading guide for it would take almost as much time as just reading through it and maybe skimming chapters that don't hold your interest.
Closed Thread