AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-01, 03:00   Link #201
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

In my excitement, I completely forgot this isn't exactly the most appropriate place to post about it. Perhaps we could convince a mod to transfer these spoiler posts to the manga section, if it's not too much trouble for them?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 03:38   Link #202
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
In my excitement, I completely forgot this isn't exactly the most appropriate place to post about it. Perhaps we could convince a mod to transfer these spoiler posts to the manga section, if it's not too much trouble for them?
Yeah, ahaha. I think it's because less people visit the manga thread, really. It was nearly forgotten till this chapter.
This new revelation gave the series a good kick in the pants, I guess. Aaaah, I'm fangirling~!

Everyone I've asked said, "Morita is out of the picture now. He already said he had given up."

I FEEL LIKE RUBBING IT IN THEIR FACES.. but I won't.. because I'm nice. *cough*
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 04:02   Link #203
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I FEEL LIKE RUBBING IT IN THEIR FACES.. but I won't.. because I'm nice. *cough*
Spoiler:

Anyway... shall we take our discussion to the manga section now? Kaoru Chujo does have a point when she says we might be tempting fellow anime-viewers unnecessarily.
Old 2006-04-03, 18:43   Link #204
mangafanatic

I'm sure it's been announced in here already-- but everyone's heard about the second season of Honey and Clover, right [As reported by ANN]? I would go back to check, but I sense Honey and Clover manga spoilers. :lol: Since I haven't gotten to read the series yet, I'm avoiding such spoilers like the plague.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 19:23   Link #205
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Yeah....

Don't do it. I'm still freaked out about it three days later.

I would have to say that unless you really want to have an idea of
what is going on and it might not be what you personally want to
see happen I would just avoid it and be surprised by season two like
everyone else.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 08:14   Link #206
tritoch

I predict that a new girl will be introduced to us which will pair up with Takemoto.

Morita in the series is like your bestfriend, trustworthy (Count how many times he was there for everyone.) I think what makes Morita so good is that he's too passive throughout the series. Remember when he was asked by Shuu and Mayama about what he felt and he quickly raced out. (episode 23 eventhough he really never understood Hagu's feelings at that time and thought that only Takemoto can make her feel better). I think it is this rare occasion that he totally miscalculates the situation. As for Hagu's confused state, she aready had it before Takemoto left so most probably its because of her indecisivenss to be independent. Remember Morita had a conversation with Shuu about it then Shuu then realizes "Your prince isn't the type that would tell me 'Isn't it your duty to look after her.'" That was Takemoto's calling. Only Takemoto can make Hagu happy but does it really have to be romantic? Also Hagu's reply to Takemoto's confession really doesn't show anything near 'love'.

From what I read Morita x Hagu.. An answer to episode 23. If I look at it, Takemoto x Hagu reminds me of Shuu-Hagu; But this time its Hagu that's fostering Takemoto (evidence found last third episodes during his adolescence tower.) Sound familiar? It parallels the shuu/harada/rika triangle very well (yet another pair is ayu/nomiya/mayama is also paralleled well)

As for Mayama/Rika -- Mayama took the route Shuu didn't with Rika. As far as I can see Mayama/Rika will turn out fine not because Mayama is stubborn but because Rika will open up (Mayama's growth is near i think provided that Ayu grows first).

Ayu/Nomiya pair fits perfectly that it makes sense not just plot wise but real life wise. (hence no resolution for Ayu at the end of the series since she still borderline between Nomiya/Mayama and hopefully ultimately chooses Nomiya, heck Nomiya is far better than Mayama right now.)

Whew lengthy post and hopefully most of you would read it and not make it total garbage. I provided events from the episodes to support my case. thanks

Last edited by tritoch; 2006-04-04 at 08:29.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 09:50   Link #207
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I was listening to DRAMATIC, and I really think the lyrics might be from Hagu's POV to Morita.
It makes a lot of sense to me, especially with Morita leaving after he kissed her.

Spoiler for DRAMATIC lyrics:

Last edited by Yotsuba; 2006-04-04 at 11:27.
Old 2006-04-04, 11:14   Link #208
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Well, I'm not sure about that part, more like
Spoiler:

Same thing dear (just more on the dramatic side).
Spoiler:
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 11:31   Link #209
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Same thing dear (just more on the dramatic side).
Spoiler:
Wow, completely agreed! When Takemoto asked her, "do you want him to come back" and she said she didn't, until he had accomplished all he needed to do really spoke to me as well. and you can tell how hurt Takemoto was by that. It wasn't what he expected. After that kiss, she matured a LOT.
Old 2006-04-04, 16:30   Link #210
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
I predict that a new girl will be introduced to us which will pair up with Takemoto.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Morita in the series is like your bestfriend, trustworthy (Count how many times he was there for everyone.)

I think what makes Morita so good is that he's too passive throughout the series.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Remember when he was asked by Shuu and Mayama about what he felt and he quickly raced out. (episode 23 eventhough he really never understood Hagu's feelings at that time and thought that only Takemoto can make her feel better).
Spoiler:

Quote:

I think it is this rare occasion that he totally miscalculates the situation.

As for Hagu's confused state, she aready had it before Takemoto left so most probably its because of her indecisiveness to be independent. Remember Morita had a conversation with Shuu about it then Shuu then realizes "Your prince isn't the type that would tell me 'Isn't it your duty to look after her.'" That was Takemoto's calling. Only Takemoto can make Hagu happy but does it really have to be romantic? Also Hagu's reply to Takemoto's confession really doesn't show anything near 'love'.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-04, 18:45   Link #211
brightredglow

I'm not particularly biased on this Morita/Hagu vs Takemoto/Hagu thing and that is probably because I don't find Hagu particularly compelling as a character. She's cute and talented, but I still find it a mystery that she's the center of a triangle. If I have any preference, I'd like it if Takemoto moved on, but the way this story is constructed, his feelings for Hagu have to be resolved first before that happens.

I don't have access to the manga so my only reference is the anime and it seems like that could happen for Takemoto. Even with respect to the last scene of the first season, it doesn't seem to me that Hagu's vague response to Takemoto was a bad thing to him or even the point of the moment.

The import of Takemoto's confession was that he was brave enough to express his feelings irregardless of the outcome. If Hagu cares for him, then great. If she doesn't, then not so great but at least he tried.

A lot is concentrated on the triangle, but I find Takemoto and Morita's friendship far more interesting. Yes, they both are in love with Hagu, but their friendship seems just as important, especially from Morita's standpoint. Takemoto is fine when Morita is gone but Takemoto's absence appears to affect Morita more.

What was somewhat interesting to me was that Hagu was unable to create while Takemoto was away. Even Morita notes this. Up until that point, I didn't think Hagu actually cared about Takemoto except as someone to make her doll's furniture and hang out with now and again. But her artist block coinciding with Takemoto's disappearance inferred that she cared more than she wants to acknowledge. She knows that she has feelings for Morita so that is not all that hidden, but how does she feel about Takemoto? I don't think that even she knows. But it remains that Hagu coped with Morita's absence but she didn't seem to fare as well when Takemoto (or Shuuji, for that matter) was away. From the time she's been at the school, she's had Takemoto's attention and devotion. She's never had to question it and although she may well be in love with Morita and end up going to him, the intrigue in that decision from my view of her part in this triangle is to see how she deals if the aftereffect is Takemoto going on his own and actually finding someone else.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 20:24   Link #212
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
I'm acquainted with the manga so I won't speak on the matter, but while we're on season 2 speculation, what I want to see is Kaoru getting a piece of the action... with Miwako, Mayama's former senior at Fujiwara Design, that lovely lady with the heart of a forty year old inside a sub-30 year old body.

KaoruxMiwako (or Kaoru vs. Miwako)... *chuckle*
Old 2006-04-04, 21:28   Link #213
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
I'm acquainted with the manga so I won't speak on the matter, but while we're on season 2 speculation, what I want to see is Kaoru getting a piece of the action... with Miwako, Mayama's former senior at Fujiwara Design, that lovely lady with the heart of a forty year old inside a sub-30 year old body.

*hint* someone needs to sub the F chapter OVA about this one.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:53   Link #214
tritoch

Wee.. i didnt get flamed! hahaha especially since I registered to post that long thing.

Where is the 2nd special episode? Any news of anyone subbing it?

Also to that person that said about Hagu not producing due to Takemoto's abscence, I have to disagree. She was already struggling before Takemoto left.

I can see the parallel effect of this to Ayu x Mayama -- The interesting part about all this is Morita (which I predict will get a huge chunk of characterization in the manga) The relationship between Morita/Takemoto will be the emphasis if Morita x Hagu does happen as it will conflict with Morita's character)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 23:05   Link #215
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
*hint* someone needs to sub the F chapter OVA about this one.
If the F Chapter OVA is about Miwako dressing up Yamazaki, I already read that in the maga. I can only say... well, sorry Yamazaki. I like you, I just like Morita's brother better.
Old 2006-04-04, 23:16   Link #216
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

*claps* Wonderful posts, you all. Welcome, Tritoch, I don't think anyone would flame your opinion, since the Hachikuro crowd here is pretty much easy-going and relaxed (save for the latest chapter, where some got heart attacks *coughmecough*)
Old 2006-04-05, 07:13   Link #217
aliensporebomb

Exclamation Ah yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector

I know they've hardly said a thing about this in the anime, just little bits
here and there but I also am curious.

Could be very interesting but I'm not sure Kaoru is going to get anywhere.

In a way, it's like he's Mayama to her Rika if you follow me.
Old 2006-04-05, 07:16   Link #218
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

yeah, if you're going to make friends with any crowd, it'll be us! i recently got my friend into hachikuro, who claimed she hated it when she first saw it.

but after hearing me fangirl about it all the time, she deicded to watch it with me again, and is now in love with it. I WIN!
ahaha, but she likes takemoto x hagu, i think. not that i really care, but... aah..

i hope they don't stray from the manga. i acutally DO like the manga better.. things just seem more dramatic.
Old 2006-04-05, 13:08   Link #219
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
I know they've hardly said a thing about this in the anime, just little bits
here and there but I also am curious.

Could be very interesting but I'm not sure Kaoru is going to get anywhere.

In a way, it's like he's Mayama to her Rika if you follow me.
No, sorry... I don't get it. Explanation please?
Old 2006-04-05, 14:02   Link #220
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Wee.. i didnt get flamed! hahaha especially since I registered to post that long thing.

Where is the 2nd special episode? Any news of anyone subbing it?

Also to that person that said about Hagu not producing due to Takemoto's abscence, I have to disagree. She was already struggling before Takemoto left.

I can see the parallel effect of this to Ayu x Mayama -- The interesting part about all this is Morita (which I predict will get a huge chunk of characterization in the manga) The relationship between Morita/Takemoto will be the emphasis if Morita x Hagu does happen as it will conflict with Morita's character)

I disagree, as well. and both of them leaving affected her, but when Morita left it inspired her. I don't know, somehow I like that better. It's like Morita makes her more mature? I'm wondering how she would have progressed if he never kissed her. That seemed to be a pivitol point in her development.

Takemoto is almost too kind to her. They all treat her too delicately, when sometimes I think she needs that extra push. Morita was the only one to ever confront her when her work was falling short, or he noticed she wasn't being herself. I think if it was just Hagu and Takemoto, she wouldn't change at all, because he's happy with her childish nature. It's like the young boy in him is attracted to her. The one who didn't get much of a childhood.

Tags
noitamina