AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 25 (OVA) Rating
Perfect 10 49 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 29.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 21:16   Link #21
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Okarin arrested twice! Was that Suzuha's mom? Nice ending, like how she did what he did in the other time line.
Old 2012-02-23, 22:38   Link #22
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Okarin arrested twice!
The second one in particular had me rollin.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-02-24, 02:23   Link #23
SeitoKaicho
Little Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Okarin arrested twice! Was that Suzuha's mom? Nice ending, like how she did what he did in the other time line.
Yep she's Suzuha's mom. Okabe as his usual finest really made my day.

Also, did anyone notice who's the taxi driver?
Old 2012-02-24, 05:44   Link #24
HasuMasu
*Artist

Wasn't expecting this, the arresting, the taxi driver, Suzuha's mom, and Kurisutina in a maid-outfit...do I really have to say more?

Also, "He's a guy, but who cares!!"
Old 2012-02-24, 07:12   Link #25
Qikz

So good. I'm playing through the game and have been for a few months (a little each day) but my god it's good to see Kurisu animated again. Kurisu is a god teir character <333333333

That ending. ><!
Old 2012-02-24, 09:25   Link #26
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeitoKaicho View Post
Yep she's Suzuha's mom.
Actually, she's not. Not unless they're changing how she officially looks, which is:

Spoiler for Suzuha's Mom's picture link:

I think it was just an easter egg so they could show he still remembers and cares about her.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:28   Link #27
HasuMasu
*Artist

That is...MUCH BETTER!!

Talk about 'character development'...
Old 2012-02-24, 10:47   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't see those 24 minutes pass. That was a perfect epilogue. So, so good <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, she's not. Not unless they're changing how she officially looks, which is:

Spoiler for Suzuha's Mom's picture link:

I think it was just an easter egg so they could show he still remembers and cares about her.
She had the same voice as Suzuha, she looked so much like her that Okabe mistook her, and they even added that fortunetelling about her having a kid in seven years to clear up any remaining doubts the audience may have had. It was Suzuha's mom.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:54   Link #29
GDB

Since when does a parent and child look exactly the same? I know it's anime, but Suzuha's mom has an established look and personality, neither of which appear to match the character we were shown in this OVA. And sorry, but using fortune telling as evidence?
Old 2012-02-24, 12:10   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They had to retcon Suzuha's mother in order to introduce her in the OVA.
The circumstances are a little far fetched, but much more logical for Okabe to meet her. Considering the event of the OVA, it is impossible for them to involve Suzuha and/or her mom without changes.

And the purpose of the OVA is to at least have an epilogue for all lab members.

This is a change that was to be expected, as we have been introduced original anime material after all.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:13   Link #31
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
They had to retcon Suzuha's mother in order to introduce her in the OVA.
Why? Wouldn't just name-dropping "Amane" have been enough? Why did they have to completely redesign her? They didn't, and that's why I'm still leaning toward "easter egg".
Old 2012-02-24, 12:27   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why? Wouldn't just name-dropping "Amane" have been enough? Why did they have to completely redesign her? They didn't, and that's why I'm still leaning toward "easter egg".
The name is even worse: whilst having a stark look-alike grab someone immediate attention, dropping a not so uncommon japanese name in the pack would just mark a "huh".
Name alone wouldn't exactly work as a "shocker" for Okabe, especially when homophones are legions regardng japanese names.

Look by itself is much more effective, especially in the circumstances they have used here. And if it was just an easter egg, it makes even more unlikely that a look-alike shows up without being connected to Suzuha.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:36   Link #33
GDB

Quote:
Look by itself is much more effective, especially in the circumstances they have used here.
Then they could have changed the circumstances. Last I checked, they were the ones making it, and thus have the power to do that.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:41   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I see no problems with the circumstances, particularly it could just bring more stuff than just again Akihabara.
And really, be it US or Japan, bringing Suzuha's last name like that wouldn't click on Okabe as much as being a look alike.

And as far as I remember the game, material and all, Suzuha's mother design isn't exactly as "more official" as the one shown in the anime, considering it isn't even part of the original game to begin with.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:54   Link #35
GDB

She's from one of the spin-offs, not the original game, yes. But that's still official canon that's getting screwed around with.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:10   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You barely see her in Hiyoku Renri no Darling, and even so, you don't see her face. Also the whole deal with this game is a huge comedy spin off, which can hardly be counted as canon.
To begin with, the design you have shown is based on her appearance in Boukan no Rebellion (Manga), which is quite arbitrary (according the card, she has purple hair, despite in the game, she has the same hair color as Suzuha).

And the fun fact? The way Yuki and Daru get engaged is told differently between Hyoku and Boukan.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:15   Link #37
GDB

I was not aware they differed between the game and manga (guessing it's a world-line issue/change). I'm still not entirely sold on this actually being Suzuha's mom, but I'm slightly more willing to accept it.
Old 2012-02-24, 15:24   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Regardless of what got changed, think the series did everything possible to say that is Suzuha's mom. I mean short of putting a label that hovers above her head for the entire time she's around, they did what they could there. Looks like her, also has a prediction to have a kid in 7 years, and the Daru sneeze after that conversation.

Didn't think we'd get too much focus on Suzuha with this OVA, but no complaints. A good reminder that she will get to be born and this time not have to live with such huge pressure on her shoulders.
Old 2012-02-24, 17:35   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Since when does a parent and child look exactly the same? I know it's anime, but Suzuha's mom has an established look and personality, neither of which appear to match the character we were shown in this OVA. And sorry, but using fortune telling as evidence?
Why do you think that fortune telling was brought up then? To serve as a red herring... in the epilogue of the series? I fail to see the point.

It's easier for me to accept a person who has the same face, voice (as you said, it's anime, it happens almost all the time) and has been told she'd have a child in seven years is Suzuha's mom rather than some completely unrelated stranger they introduced just so Okabe would reminisce about Suzuha. What Klashikari said cleared up what minuscule doubt I had about it. They changed her design, that's all.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:05   Link #40
Sheep_

Quote:
You barely see her in Hiyoku Renri no Darling, and even so, you don't see her face. Also the whole deal with this game is a huge comedy spin off, which can hardly be counted as canon.
To begin with, the design you have shown is based on her appearance in Boukan no Rebellion (Manga), which is quite arbitrary (according the card, she has purple hair, despite in the game, she has the same hair color as Suzuha).

And the fun fact? The way Yuki and Daru get engaged is told differently between Hyoku and Boukan.
Hiyoku Renri no Darling is canon though, it's an established worldline which is Delta (3%) Even if it is just a spin off it's been confirmed as canon and in a worldline were the events after August 6th do not happen as they did in the other worldlines.

The only spin off that isn't considered canon is the 8-bit game, because it doesn't fit in to the timeline completely even though it takes place post true end.

Also Boukan was made before Darling came out of course there's going to be some differences. Though there isn't any really. Daru met her at that con, she's a super popular cosplay idol. In every worldline that's how they meet. (which has happened in the spin off manga, Darling and the Youen no Valhalla short story. ) How Suzuha's mom looks in Darling is canon, which is reflected in the official artwork with her in it.